Can a staff explain?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Can a staff explain?

Post by Byte »

Why was this was closed?

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=257094

Because I wrote, PM'd? It doesn't even bump the thread? Threads don't bump here(that I can tell).

"You may update your ORIGINAL POST (OP), and you may then immediately leave a reply in the thread stating WHAT was updated. If you fail to update the OP, or fail to state what you updated in the reply; then your thread will be locked for Bumping and you will be given a warning."

A PM or some other explanation would have been nice as well. Kind of an unprofessional approach.
Last edited by Byte on Sun May 10, 2015 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I buy and trade minis, that's what I do.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: Can a staff explain?

Post by imp522 »

Yes because you wrote "PM'D" any response you post to your thread that isn't an update( you also need to update the original as as well) is considered a bump. Threads do bump in certain views of the boards.

The person you pm'd will know he has a pm from you.

To say were unprofessional is a bit of a stretch. All staff here due so on a volunteer basis to keep this site running smoothly. We send them when we can but sometimes other stuff comes up that diverts are attention before we do.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Byte »

Not a stretch, not in accordance with the rules. Shouldn't work like that, but o well.

How do I activate the bump feature/view?
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Warnings are not PM's, they are strikes against you recorded on your account. If a member tallies up a number of warnings, disciplinary action is taken such as temporary or permanent banning.

Many times staff members are nice and just lock the post without giving the official board warning. Most of the time the member knows what they did so pming is not needed.

If you'd like, I can issue you a warning (again, this is a strike against your account). Remembing of course further violation of the rules may result in additional warnings which could lead to the banning of your account (either temporary or permanent). Up to you.

If you read the entire rules section (specifically the portion about disciplinary measures and violations located at the end) you would have known this. It is not our job to make sure you know the rules, it's our job to enforce them. If you want to bump your thread by stating "pm sent" or "pmd you" or anything else then your thread will be locked for bumping.

You have been a member for two years now, I am sure you read the rules before signing up?

In regards to seeing bumped posts. You need to go into your user account panel, then board preferences. It should be under display options but I am on my phone ATM and unable to validate it since I get an error when I go into that option. It should say something about notify me about new changes or posts.

You are partially correct though, it IS unprofessional of us not to follow the rules to the exact and issue out warnings anytime a member violates a rule. I figured we were just being nice :(

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Byte »

Please don't talk to me like I'm a child. I'm a career US Naval Officer of over 24 years and a life long gamer and find the condescending tone offensive.

It's inconceivable to me that threads get locked for bumping when there's no bumping feature when posts are made. I have sent Lin a note as well, trying to illustrate my concern.

Thanks for your response.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

There was no condescending tone involved - I was simply stating the facts.

You broke a rule.

Your thread was locked but you were not issued a warning.

If you had read the rules you would know this.

If you would like I can issue that said warning.

Case closed.

Do not bump posts. If you do not like the rule then do not use the service. This has been a rule for a very long time, even before you started here. There IS a bumping feature of sorts, but for those who have settings changed - example: I have said settings in place so when I go to view new posts I do not want to see you bumping your thread with "PM'd". This has been discussed over and over again (you will find many posts in this forum regarding the situation) and I doubt there will be any changes to it.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Byte ( 132 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Byte »

This is pointless and not productive at this point. I was always so impressed with the vibe here. Disappointing. The "shut up and color" approach is unfortunate.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

This thread is now locked.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”