How'd you get the name?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: How'd you get the name?

Post by porkuslime »

Naaah.. not actually related to me personally at all.. I did join some playtest groups for a CCG, and got my name honored on a card, once..
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

porkuslime wrote:Naaah.. not actually related to me personally at all.. I did join some playtest groups for a CCG, and got my name honored on a card, once..
I thought I was the sh** when I got credit in an AD&D FR supplement... It's been so long, though... Lands of Intrigue, I think.
Then, there was the letter I had published in, I think. Dragon Mag # 274.
I'm famous, you know!

LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

Funny thing I always read it as "Porkus-Lime" like some sort of sour pork dish....
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Haight ( 422 )
Intarweb Batman

Post by Haight »

I was playing an online game at the time and wanted to use an amalgamation of the word "Hate". I liked how Haight looked. :)

What' interesting is that people have thought a lot of strange things about my user name (mostly from my days as an infernal at PP) -

1) a smooshed together form of "He All Right", or "He A'ight". Not even [Admin edit]ting you.

2) That i grew up around Haight Ashbury

3) That it was me mangling the Japanese word that sounds like "Hai".

Nope. None of the above. A rough amalgamate / homonym for Hate. :lol:
My Rules:

1) I accept paypal. Offers good for 24 hours.

2) My "$$ XYZ shipped" lot costs are only valid for continental United States. HI/AK and international shipping costs will be born by buyer. This will be reiterated in PM.

3) I only ship on Saturdays.

4) Trades: lower rating sends first. Sales: buyer pays first.

5) Don't waste either of our time, Read the Whole Ad.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

2 is pretty obvious, 1 is... I guess a thing? The third one is kind of a nutty stretch... someone really wanted to show off their intro Japanese I guess?

Also, Batman would never shoot someone dead (unless they were a robot) :P
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

Back in the dark days before everyone and their mother (literally in almost all cases) was connected to each other on a web that was world wide we had BBSs. At the time I was but a tender lad who went by the nickname Doc, when I discovered the BBS world I needed a name, Doc wasn't available so I added tari to the end of it. I found out later that this guy existed:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/eek ... 0805180813

And that he ran a strike team of dinosaurs.. so.. there's that.
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Hmmm, I thought it was from this old beloved TV show.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059977/
Then again, I was spelling it wrong.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

I've used this name for nearly 20 years worth of online stuff (mudds, DAOC, Ulitma Online, EQ, EQII, and WoW) and almost everyone seems to think that that's where it comes from. Who knows, maybe it was knocking around in the old noodle and I just thought I made it up back in the day!
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I don't think I've ever saw it in reruns, like Flipper and Green Acres. So, unless your an old cur like me; you probably didn't see it on TV. It was on from 1966-69.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

I'm old but not quite that old :).

Offers good for 24hrs.

Cold Steel ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by Cold Steel »

It was the nickname of my tank when I had the privilege of commanding a US Army tank company a long time ago.
rnrusa ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by rnrusa »

Pretty simple.

My first online computer game was Decent: Freespace back in the late 90s and you had to register a call sign on the Volition server. My callsign was Rock-n-Roll after the GI Joe heavy machine gunner from the Real American Hero line from the 80s, of which I was a huge fan. RnR was my favorite figure.

I used the name in every game until it started to become unavailable. Then I went to RnR until that became harder and harder to find available. Heard R.O.C.K. In the USA on the radio one day, so threw the USA on the end. So rnrusa = Rock-n-Roll in the USA.
don_mondo ( 588 )
Resident Trader

Post by don_mondo »

So, back when I was in the Army, I was at the gym and my hair (little long for active duty) was sticking out in all directions. Someone called out "Look, it's Jon Bon Jovi" and some other wiseass responded, "No, it's Don Mondovi." Got shortened to Mondo and I've been using it ever since.
Don "MONDO"
nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Post by nightlord »

Back during 3rd edition 40k era several of us went to a huge Rogue Trader Tourney in Tennessee. We all wore Tshirts from our local game shop/ hang out.

I had a well painted Nightlord Army. And I got a lot of attention from it. The 8 of us from New Orleans that attended the 100 man Rogue Trader tourney (that GW hosted) We took 3 of 5 Awards, Overall, Best Painted and Best Army. 2 locals took Best sportsman and best general.

Several Months later another group of us went to another Rogue trader in another part of Tennessee. I didn't go. But one of the guys at the tourney Immediately recognized my friends Tshirt and jumped out and blurted out

"DO you know the NIGHTLORD?? He gave me these brick of dice last tourney and they role awesome!!

After that everyone at the games shop would say. "DO you know the Nightlord??? when ever I would walk in to the door. So I ran with it. :mrgreen:

I am currently collection items for my 3rd Nightlord army.As soon as GW releases an actual Chaos Codex(first 2 sold on eBay, the last one was sold to someone in the United Arabs Emirates Embassy in England )
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

Mom used to watch the Yellow Submarine on the old Betamax almost every Saturday with me and my sister.

I loved the little blue guys or the Bluemeenie's.

Use to be the only one with this name back in the old BBS days on dial-up but people have been stealing it more and more.

If I'm first to a game or site then I can usually get it. :)

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”