Is it okay to post trades on Bartertown and another site?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

bbb ( 94 )
BTown Regular

Is it okay to post trades on Bartertown and another site?

Post by bbb »

I was looking through the rules and the question forum, but didn't see the answer (sorry if I missed it). I'm also on DakkaDakka (same username) and I was wondering if it was okay if I post the same list of items for trade on Bartertown and Dakka. I didn't see anything that said it was against the rules, but I might have missed it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Is it okay to post trades on Bartertown and another site

Post by 3eland »

You may freely post trade ads on any non-auction site. Many times members will have their ad here and Kijiji (Canada) or Craigslist (US). So using Dakka, Warseer, or any other forum or non-auction website is okay.

Our only rule is no posting on an auction site as well as Barterotwn.
Rule #8b: Don't Play Both Sides Against Each Other
Do not post an item on eBay (or any other auction site) and post a trade ad for it on Bartertown. That is unfair to eBay (or any other auction site) buyers and especially Bartertowners. If we find out you're doing this, you can expect a month's vacation.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
bbb ( 94 )
BTown Regular

Post by bbb »

Thanks! Is it also okay if I provide a link back to a gallery on Dakka where I have pictures of my items for sale/trade, or should I just post the pictures themselves in the Bartertown listing? For instance can I list out the items and then say "pictures available in my Dakka gallery" and then provide the link?
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Sure, many people do that. I've seen Dakka gallery, photobucket, coolminiornot, flickr, imgur, the list goes on.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Yeah, you can do that. Dakka is really the most convenient location for pictures of wargaming stuff.
Here's how I usually do it:

IMPERIAL GUARD / ASTRA MILITARUM
http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/image ... 0Sale.html

Valkyrie (bare with pilots painted, bits assembled and some bits on sprue)- $35

You could also post the pictures directly using img tags.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

We also don't allow "off site" hosted trade lists.. so everything you are trading DOES need to be listed in the bartertown ad (or ads)..

Also, it is totally fine to list a LOT of stuff from various gaming systems, and then repost that ad in the appropriate sub forums.. same for wants.

-P
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

I had an add here and on Dakka. I listed all items on both sites. I stated on the Dakka add that all trade talks must go through Btown so there would be no confussion as to who got first call.

Jason
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”