Need advice on a trade

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Need advice on a trade

Post by dg3263827 »

I have traded with a member of Bartertown; I sent my package out and it arrived on time, but the package I was supposed to receive has not yet arrived (It is past the "Expected Delivery Day"). So I have a few questions:

How long must I wait before the package is considered "lost"?
Whose responsibility is it to make up for the lost goods?

I tried looking elsewhere but I couldn't find anything and the "search" option didn't help much.

Thanks.
Devin Gorski aka D. Gorski

Banned for multi-accounting (dg3263827 and BntyHntr). Also has an open BTR as BntyHntr.
osloco ( 210 )
Resident Trader

Re: Need advice on a trade

Post by osloco »

How long overdue is it? If they sent it without delivery confirmation or tracking it is definitely their responsibility. I am sure a mod will have better answers for you. Is it from someone on the deadbeat or bad trader list? Do they have all good refs?
Please ship to my by post office, couriers pull all kinds of shenanigans with customs fees
dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by dg3263827 »

It's overdue. Yes, it has tracking (hence why I know it's overdue). It is from someone who has all good references.

But again, what I'm wondering is:

How long must I wait before the package is considered "lost"? 
Whose responsibility is it to make up for the lost goods?

Banned for multi-accounting (dg3263827 and BntyHntr). Also has an open BTR as BntyHntr.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

INB4kturock! ;)
If the sender didn't care enough about the package to insure it, then it's his responsibility... unless he advised you that he expected you to pay for insurance or accept responsibility for a lost package.

That said...How far it is past the expected date is important. If it's one or 2 days late, you're going to call USPS and get the friendliest "laugh at your expense" they can manage without sounding outright rude. If it's at a week or more... that's something.
Before going after your trade partner for recompense, you should contact your local USPS and ask about the package. They may be able to put a trace on it. Also, and kturock will know this better than me, if they don't meet the promised delivery date, the sender might be due some sort of a partial refund.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
dg3263827 ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by dg3263827 »

Okay. Thanks. I'll wait a bit longer then start asking questions.

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

no refunds for missed deliver dates UNLESS it's shipped express mail.

I just got a priority mail letter,, from usps HR dept. it was mailed the 26th and arrived on the 5th. It left the carolinas and i'm in Florida. It's about a 12-15 hour drive.
The weather and airline flight delays have been really causing havoc.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”