Help! Buyer says damaged in transit, I know they are lying.

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

ryno ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Help! Buyer says damaged in transit, I know they are lying.

Post by ryno »

Hi guys,

I did not sell this item here on bartertown, but I was hoping to get some advice anyways. I sold a 40K figure on ebay and there were problems from the start. Sent the item usps, it ends up in limbo till I go to the post office and retrieve it. I resend it out and it gets delivered Friday. I contact the buyer and he says he didn't receive it and gives me a different address than what was on his paypal. Now he says he received it and then files a damaged in transit against me. For something that was basically a bit item, I sent that thing in a sturdy box with plenty of extra space around it to protect it. Him saying its a different address already tells me something is fishy and I get the impression he wants something for nothing. Any advice?
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Re: Help! Buyer says damaged in transit, I know they are ly

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

Did he send you pics of the damaged part? That is usually where I start.
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
ryno ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by ryno »

sent pics.....its a techmarine, mysteriously missing servo pack and all arms except one. I sent it double bagged, one large zip lock then the item in a small plastic bag inside of that. ebay will not help, they say its my responsibility.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

it is your responsibility.
2 zip lock bags isn't packing.
if you sent it with insurance, he could file a claim for the damage and get a refund or partial refund. If the box was dmaged.
since just parts are missing it's your word vs his.
ebay usually sides with the seller.
doesn't look good for you.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

kturock wrote: ebay usually sides with the seller.
I think you meant "ebay usually sides with the buyer". But you are correct, does not look good for the OP.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

doh, you're right.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Damaged in transit?
Ask for pics of the box.
Did you ship to the PayPal address? If so, you should be eligible for coverage via PayPal. If not... lesson learned, unfortunately.
I sent that thing in a sturdy box with plenty of extra space around it to protect it.
Was that EMPTY space, or was the space fileld with something?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
ryno ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by ryno »

kturock wrote:it is your responsibility.
2 zip lock bags isn't packing.
if you sent it with insurance, he could file a claim for the damage and get a refund or partial refund. If the box was dmaged.
since just parts are missing it's your word vs his.
ebay usually sides with the seller.

I didn't elaborate on the packaging, it was sent in a oversized box....not a bubble envelope. Double bagged, surrounded by foam peanuts. No way in hell the damage box causes the servo pack and arms to be missing. Though its a moot point, even though I believe its on the buyer when they requested it to be shipped First class no insurance to save on postage. In the end, as stated before....lesson learned. Thanks for hearing me out anyway.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

If they asked for no insurance, that might help your case. Provide that info to ebay as well.
ryno ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by ryno »

After waiting almost a day for a response, pushing for more pictures and asking questions about the plastic bags, the missing parts are "found". They have not provided pictures of the plastic bags, but I'm glad at least I will be able to sell for parts once I get it back.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

ryno wrote:After waiting almost a day for a response, pushing for more pictures and asking questions about the plastic bags, the missing parts are "found". They have not provided pictures of the plastic bags, but I'm glad at least I will be able to sell for parts once I get it back.
Wait. They found the "missing parts," but are still returning it?

WTF?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
ryno ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by ryno »

The Battle Axe handle was broken and everything else is fine. Personally this guy was trying to get a free servo pack and got called on it. He wont address the questions of how the parts were missing from the bag. The damaged box looks like someone stepped on it and there were no holes or significant cracks in it to lose the servo pack and yet retain the other pieces. I mean how could the pieces get out of two bags? When I pressed for answers, the items were "found" and the other questions ignored. He wants to return it, which is fine, but I'm not gonna be giving away a free servo pack and have to eat it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, good for you for standing up, at least.

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

yes the box could have easily been crushed while sorting.
The machine that sorts parcels in my building, slipped and 1 of the conveyor belts crushed a guys hand. [he was working on it and forgot to put the pins/bolts in place to hold it up. when he disengaged the pneumatic air line; CRUNCH.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”