BTR-Dennis Brabaron-redbull

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

psycho7384 ( 14 )
New Trader

BTR-Dennis Brabaron-redbull

Post by psycho7384 »

I contacted redbull, Dennis, on 11/28/13 about a WoC Chimera he had to trade. He was looking for O&G but I don't have any and asked if he would be willing to sell it. I sent the money via paypal the next day, 11/29/13, and I've been waiting ever since for the Chimera to arrive. I didn't think anything was awry at first, up until 12/22/12 we messaged back and forth about my not receiving anything. But now I find myself here at the suggestion of MagickalMemories. Here are our messages.
psycho7384 wrote:Re: H:Nib woc W: O&G
Sent: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:27 am
by psycho7384

I don't have any O&G to trade but I'd be will to buy the chimera if the price is right.
redbull wrote: Re: H:Nib woc W: O&G
Sent: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:41 am
by redbull

30 shipped.

Dennis
psycho7384 wrote: Re: H:Nib woc W: O&G
Sent: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 pm
by psycho7384

Done. You got a paypal?
Sent: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 am
by redbull

Paypal is costhaus@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:11 pm
by psycho7384

OK money's sent.
Sent: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:13 pm
by psycho7384

I forgot my address. Address Removed
Sent: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:14 pm
by psycho7384

Did the money make it to your paypal account?
Sent: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:30 pm
by redbull

Hi, Yes will ship out on Monday.

Thanks Dennis
Sent: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:33 pm
by psycho7384

Awesome thanks.
Sent: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:26 pm
by psycho7384

Hello. Were you able to get that chimera in the mail today? I'd like to know when to start looking for it.
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:30 am
by redbull

Hi, it will be mail out on wed. my job on Mon.&Tues. were a bit far so I had to leave before post was open.

Dennis
Sent: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:05 pm
by redbull

Your package was shipped.

Dennis
Sent: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:50 pm
by psycho7384

Awesome, thank you. Do you have a tracking number?
Sent: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:58 pm
by psycho7384

Hey Dennis, Do you by chance have a tracking number for that chimera? I'd really appreciate you sharing it with me if you do. I typically get things in 3 days from any where in the country and if you shipped on Wednesday the 4th then it should have gotten here today the 7th, and it hasn't. I realize the mail maybe slowed down because of the Holiday season, but if it doesn't get here by Monday I'd like to see where it is and contact the Post Office, if necessary, to have them track it down. Thanks.
Sent: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:55 pm
by redbull

Hi didn't get tracking but did get it sign for. I would think you will have it on Monday.

Dennis
Sent: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 pm
by psycho7384

The chimera still hasn't arrived yet. Do you have any more information about the shipping? I ordered another item from ebay that was coming from Philadelphia which looks like it's about 45 miles from you and it was shipped out on the 7th and it got here today the 10th. Did you ship USPS, Smart Post, FedEx, UPS? I'd really appreciate and information you could give me so I can track it down.
This message was sent twice.
Sent: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:40 pm
by redbull

Hi, it was sent reg. ground and you will need to sign for it.

Dennis
Sent: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:41 pm
by redbull

Hi, it was sent reg. ground and you will need to sign for it.

Dennis
Sent: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:05 pm
by psycho7384

Hello. Still no chimera, but good news, if I have to sign for it, then there is a tracking number. I went down to the post office and asked a couple questions today, so if you look on your receipt there'll be a column mixed in with all the charges and it'll say Label #. That's the tracking number, and if you don't still have the receipt, well that's OK too, it's also on the green card you got from them. Not sure where it'll be located on there but just look for the Label # or any other long numbers, sometimes there's letters mixed in there too, and plug them in to the tracking website and see which one brings up the information. I'm not sure what other numbers might be on there and you don't wanna accidentally give me any kind of personal information. I'll be waiting. Thanks.
Sent: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:24 pm
by psycho7384

What's goin on dude? You didn't reply to my message and you've been on at least 3 times since I sent it. Did you rip me off? I hope not but it's kinda feelin that way. If you sent the chimera the way you said you did then it has a tracking number, the post office already told me how it works. So I either need you to get me that tracking number so I can track the package myself and deal with the post office if it's lost in the mail, or I need you to return my $30. I've already gotten 3 items shipped to me from the east coast that were all shipped after you claim to have shipped. I would really hate my second transaction on bartertown to have to end in a BTR.
Sent: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:04 pm
by redbull

I mail it last week! my feed back is great I always shipped insured! I don't know 2 snow storms..... holidays!!!

Dennis
Sent: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:06 pm
by redbull

Wife mail package when she gets in i'll get info out her! Really what are you 10!!!! It will come or I will refund you!!!

Dennis
Sent: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:26 pm
by psycho7384

No I'm 30. You tell me you shipped before work on Wednesday, now your telling me your wife shipped it. You don't get a tracking number, who does that? But you did have a tracking number and didn't have a clue. You don't reply to my message from 2 days ago telling you where the number is. You show no concern what so ever. I've gotten 2 things from Philly and 1 from New Hampshire, all of which got here in 3 days, like I said they would, pretty sure they got the same snow storm you did, and yours has taken longer then a week. I'm not trying to be an ass but what am I suppose to think?
Sent: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 pm
by redbull

So no hate mail today... did your package come?

Dennis
Sent: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:56 pm
by psycho7384

No it hasn't. It's not hate mail and I don't hate you. I hate the fact that I have to place trust in a number next to a user name. All I want is a simple tracking number that lets me know that something is on it's way to my house. Why is that so wrong?
Sent: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:32 am
by redbull

Ok' I ha a chance to go to post office witch thy look up package it was attempted to be delivered 3 times and now it is on its way back here. So I will resend package expresss with tracking in good faith that this was all just a bad timing thing don't know if someone is home in the day at your house but I always get sign for for people can't say they never got it.

Dennis
Sent: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:57 am
by psycho7384

Thank you. I do appreciate it. As long as I have a tracking number I can anticipate it's arrival so I wont miss it. I assumed that if I did miss it they would put in one of those pink cards telling me to pick it up at the post office. I guess I was wrong.
Sent: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:31 am
by psycho7384

Hey Dennis. Did the chimera get returned to you yet? Just wanna know what's going on I haven't heard from you in a week. Thanks.
Sent: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:55 pm
by redbull

Hey sorry been busy. My wife is going to post office tomorrow if the package does not come on Monday. I'll let you know what's going on then.

Dennis
Sent: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:29 pm
by psycho7384

Hey Dennis, I talked to my mail man today and he said there hasn't been any packages that he's needed a signature for in the last 2 weeks and if there had been he would have left a card telling me to come pick it up at the post office, so when you get it back can you double check the address? Thanks.

Address Removed
That's it. He hasn't signed in to BT since 12/23/12.

I messaged the 4 or 5 most recent people who left him good references, asking how their items were shipped and if they got tracking numbers, one said he didn't get a tracking number and was upset by it but his items did arrive. I didn't save those though. Dennis Brabaron was the name left in the references, I found someone on facebook that lives close to where his BT profile says he lives but I'm not 100% sure that they're the same person. The email address he gave me for his paypal, which is verified, was under the name Casey Osthaus, I couldn't find anything for this name.

I call paypal today to open a case. I'm keeping my finger crossed. I hope I did everything right.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR-Dennis Brabaron-redbull

Post by MagickalMemories »

I put that email address into Facebook and got this:
https://www.facebook.com/caywood.osthaus

Your trade partner's real name might just be Caywood Osthaus.

Here are a couple people on his Friends list who share the name Osthaus:
https://www.facebook.com/samantha.osthausjonsson
https://www.facebook.com/martine.osthaus

I'd try to message him on Facebook and, if he doesn't respond, reach out to the relatives to see if they can help you get in touch with him.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
psycho7384 ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by psycho7384 »

I received a message today from redbull. He says the chimera has been sitting in his PO Box for a week and that he'll get it in the mail tomorrow with tracking. I'll let you all know if and when it arrives. Hopefully it was all just a mistake.
psycho7384 ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by psycho7384 »

The Chimera arrived today, so everything is good. I going to include the rest of our communications since posting this report. I feel it's important for anyone else who chooses to deal with him.
Sent: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:31 am
by redbull

Hey there was a package sent don't know what happened but I do you that the package was sent back to my p/o and it has been sitting there for at least a week.... the box it was mail in was damage but the chimera was fine. so I will repack it to day and will go out tomorrow with tracking.

Dennis
Sent: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:49 pm
by psycho7384

Hey what's goin on dude? I haven't heard from you. You got a tracking number?
Sent: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:31 pm
by redbull

Was waiting on a reply. I see you are saying I never shipped your stuff witch I have proof of first ship. and just for your next trade/sell let person know you want tracking so they bill you for it. you will have tracking and next day tomorrow and would like a good feed back.

Dennis
Sent: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:31 pm
by psycho7384

Why do you need a reply? I've replied plenty over the last month and still don't have a chimera, so what good does a reply do, just ship. I never said you didn't ship, maybe you should read the report again. I don't know what you've done, I'm not you, and therefore I've never said one way or the other what you've done. All I know is I paid you over a month ago, and I still don't have my stuff. Tracking is standard, I've never had to ask before and no ones had to ask me. It's just something you should do, it's $0.99. As long as I don't get ripped off I have no reason to leave anything but positive feedback, but I will be including a link to the report I've posted. If you feel I've wronged you or that I've been unreasonable in some way, please tell me. I feel I've been very understanding considering the circumstances. Please feel free to add anything you think I've missed or your interpretation of our trade in the report.
redbull wrote:Re: H:Nib woc W: O&G
Sent: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:31 pm
by redbull

tracking # 9114901075742833471358 Saturday you will have it. so between both shippings you now got the model for 19 dollars.... good feed back would be nice.

Dennis
Sent: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:58 pm
by psycho7384

The Chimera came today, thank you, I was late though. I'm not complaining, I know it's not your fault, but I wanted to let you know incase you wanted to talk to the post office about it. I know I'd be pissed if I paid for 2 day shipping and it didn't get there in 2 days.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sent: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:31 pm
by redbull

Was waiting on a reply. I see you are saying I never shipped your stuff witch I have proof of first ship. and just for your next trade/sell let person know you want tracking so they bill you for it. you will have tracking and next day tomorrow and would like a good feed back.

Dennis
This is crap. A Chimera, built or not, is large enough that every shipping method used would automatically come with a tracking # without any sort of extra payment required, since you're both in the US.

If he had proof of his first shipment, he should provide it to you to prove it.

As you say this is resolved, though, I'm going to lock it up and move it.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”