BTR - Lictors_LoveMachine

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

MClark ( 24 )
Trade Novice

BTR - Lictors_LoveMachine

Post by MClark »

I think I have given this member a number of chances now, so I am posting a BTR. My last correspondance with the member was a message on December 31st, that has not been responded to. I was going to wait a full week due to the holiday, however, the member has no been online since December 15th.

The initial thread is deleted (or gone) so I will begin with my first contact.
MClark wrote: Sent: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

Subject: [H] 40k Orks, IG, Marines, Fantasy Orcs [W] $$$

1 Ork Tank Bustas unit, [NEW].

Hey there,

Are you willing to trade just one unit? $30 plus shipping for the Tank Bustas (That's 33%, you said between 30-40% and I just rounded to $30)? These are the finecast ones, right? Painted?
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote: Sent: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am
No finecast. Brand new unpainted Metal models.

$6 priority shipping with delivery confirmation.

My paypal ID is: thatxboxguy@gmail.com

Thanks

Tim
MClark wrote: Sent: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 pm
The shipping would be to Canada.

Are the bomb squigs included?

This is the set, correct?
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1060151

I would do $26 for those.
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote: Sent: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm
Ok. Canada 8 dollars parcel post because of weight.. Yes. Bomb squigs included.

Thanks

Tim
At this point, we have a trade agreement.
MClark wrote: Sent: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:11 pm
Okay, sounds good.

I'll send the payment shortly.

Shipping to

Matthew Clark
1620 McLean Dr.
Vancouver, B.C.
V5L 3P3
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote: Sent: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 pm
Thanks Matt.

Tim
Paypal wrote: Send: Thu 11/8/2012 2:27 PM

You sent a payment Transaction ID: 8UJ452220G751705U

Dear Matthew Clark,
You sent a payment for $34.00 USD to Tim Holmes.
Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.
View the details of this transaction online

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history. To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/websc ... contact_us.

Amount: $34.00 USD
Currency conversion: $34.86 CAD = $34.00 USD
Exchange rate: 1 CAD = 0.975400USD
Sent on: November 8, 2012
Sincerely,
PayPal
Agreement in place. Payment completed. Three weeks pass.
MClark wrote: Sent: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:25 am
Hey, just wondering when you put those tank bustas in the mail. They haven't made it here yet. Thanks!
No response. Warning of BTR:
MClark wrote: Sent: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 pm
Hey Tim,

Pretty confused here. You read my message but didn't respond? Not something I would have expected from a 100+ ref person. Even a simple "I shipped it, must be on the way" would have done.

At any rate, consider this your final warning before I begin lodging complaints both here and on paypal tomorrow morning. Hope we can get this settled without that.

Sorry for having to go this route! Hope you understand.

Thanks,

Matt
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote: Sent: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 pm
Sorry about the delay Matt, phone got stolen and that was my only internet at the moment.

Package came back undeliverable, my fault, I left off the country code for Canada.

Upstairs at neighbor's using his computer til I get a new phone.

Need to re ship Monday. Extremely sorry for the confusion.

Girlfriend had checked my messages and told me you wrote, but got tied up in finals and didn't respond.

Thanks for your patience, I will get this fixed Monday, I promise.

Tim
MClark wrote: Sent: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 pm
Cool, no worries. I thought something must be up, so don't sweat.

I understand bad stuff can happen, so no worries. If you need to wait until after that holidays, it's no worries. That would give up my paypal claim timeline but I have a hard time believing you'd give up your good rep here for a minimal amount of money.

Sorry to hear about that, last thing you want is someone bothering you to ship things! So, some time in Jan is cool!

Thanks Tim
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote: Sent: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:12 pm
Thanks for not piling more on top of the stress I have already. I appreciate your understanding.
I have a sour disposition to people usually, but the few like you make me change my mind about people for at least a few days. :-D

I don't need to wait until after the holidays, just a couple days to get to the post office again on Monday should be all I need.

Thanks again Matt.

Tim
MClark wrote: Sent: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:37 pm
Hey Tim, just wondering if you got a chance to get it shipping this week.

Thanks!
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote:Sent: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:14 pm
Yes sir, your stuff is in the mail. Went out Tuesday. Finals at school keepin' me busy.

Thanks.

Tim
MClark wrote:Sent: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:33 pm
Hey Tim,

Still haven't received those orks. I'm going out of the country today, so if the post don't leave them in the mailbox, they'll be going to the store. The store will only hold them for 7 days I believe, so they may end up getting returned to you. I'm back near the end of the month and will let you know what happened.
In 90%+ of my previous trades, two weeks is more than enough time to have something get to me, so I was relatively certain I would get it on time, but in this case it didn't.
Lictors_LoveMachine wrote: Sent: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:46 pm
Hi Matt. Dug through all of my receipts and found the customs slip addressed to you. It went out on the 5th of December. Don't. Know. Why it's not there yet.

Tim
This was the last time the member was online on this site.

MClark wrote: Sent: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm
Okay, so package finally arrived today. No idea why it took so long.

We have another problem however. What you sent me was not this:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... tid=281057

As we had agreed on in the past, it was (after some searching):

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1610060a

(in metal)

I'm going to need you to ship what we originally agreed on and I'll send these back (which you're going to have to pay for).

Thanks!

The package was shipping on the 5th and took almost 4 weeks. Not sure what customs was doing with the package, but that's not the fault of the member.

It's not a total loss if the member never comes back, as I at least have something similar in value, but I was really hoping to get 40k units as I don't play Warhammer and would like to avoid the hassle.

I had hoped to deal with this without a BTR, but due to the large delay in visiting the site, I felt I had no other recourse.

Thanks
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR - Lictors_LoveMachine

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sounds like a simple addressing mistake... which I've made myself.
I'm sure he'll make good on his end, one way or another. He's always been a pretty solid trader in the past.

Have you tried contacting him on DakkaDakka? His last post there was on 12/23:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... ge#5104388

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MClark ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Post by MClark »

Nope, I did not consider that. I'll give that a shot too.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I'd try that.
Like I said, he's always been pretty good about getting back with people. That's NOT to say you did anything wrong, of course. What you did was fine. I'm just hoping to ease your concerns a bit.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MClark ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Post by MClark »

Yeah, not too worried. I was hoping that this may get a response quicker.

I've also had someone else contact me to see if I've had any luck.
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

I am also waiting on a trade from this user. I have not yet done a BTR as I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I sent an email to the address I found on his blog this morning and got this in reply tonight:

Hi Jeff, sorry for the long delay. Just had a chance to check email at friend's house and saw the pile of emails waiting for me.

Our house burned down the night of the 23rd [of December] and the things that weren't destroyed by fire, water or giant boots stomping through everything were shuffled of into storage.

My left shoulder is injured from a damaged rotator cuff and torn tendons and muscles.

We lost the house and the fire department and Red Cross put us up in a hotel for almost 2 weeks, and now we are looking for a new place to live at the moment. I should have internet through friends again soon since my phone cannot see Dakka or Bartertown's websites, I don't check unfortunately. Seriously we have been so freaked out and busy, I forgot to check my emails.

I will be back at storage this next week and see if I can find the items we agreed to trade for. My Xbox and games were lost in the fire as well as most of my 40k stuff/armies, my computer and all of my clothes.

I will get back to you as fast as I can with more information.

Sorry again for the wait and thanks for your patience.

Tim

I want to believe him and sent an email saying so, however I was not able to find any news of a fire at the address I had shipped my stuff to.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Honestly, I'm inclined to believe him. Tim's earned it (from me).
Then again, I'm not out anything at the moment, so I acknowledge our different positions on the matter.

Again, this is NOT to minimize the complaints of those who are out items.

Hopefully, he can get in touch with you guys pretty fast.

Eric

optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

I've exchanged a few emails with him tonight and I would like to amend my earlier post and remove any doubt i may have stated. Tim has been very quick to answer emails and has asked me to forward him the link for the BTR.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Lictors_LoveMachine ( 132 )
Expert Trader

Post by Lictors_LoveMachine »

Hey guys. For some reason, I did not get a notice that this was even here, and I am truly sorry for the mix up.
I am in the process of emailing a ton of people to find out where the Orks went. I have the buyer of the terradons wondering where his models are also, but does not have the orks... *sigh*

I will tear apart storage to find the orks, or if they aren1't in there, I will buy new ones and reship and pay return shipping on the models I sent by mistake.

The error is that BOTH trades went to a user named. MATT.

Thanks to Eric and Jeff for having my back and I will get this corrected as soon as I realistically can.

Got to go for now. Staying with friends on their couch.

Tim
Antagonist of the Bartertown Watch - They watch me so that you don't have to.
MClark ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Post by MClark »

Sorry to hear about the house.

I'll ship the terradons to the user that needs them. I'll cover the costs as it will be one less thing you'll have to deal with during this unfortunate time. Just put me in contact with that user.

If you can't find the Orks, lets just have a discussion before you buy anything.
MClark ( 24 )
Trade Novice

Post by MClark »

Update:

I have not heard from LLM in 4 weeks (nor has he been online), so this matter is still pending.

I understand a house burning down is a pretty big deal, so I didn't want to be too pushy, but I do need to sort this out at some point.
Expert Trader

Sorry for the delay. Just got a library card to check email at the downtown library.

All I can offer is to replace the Ork Tank Bustas and be done with this.

The loss of the house was huge. We/I am being sued for the damages, my girlfriend left, I have been kicked out of school and I am homeless staying at the downtown mission when I am lucky.

I do want this fixed to get it off my back, but honestly just feel anger that this is hanging over my head while I am trying to get my life back.

Tell me how you want it resolved and we can go from there.

Tim
MClark wrote:Update:

I have not heard from LLM in 4 weeks (nor has he been online), so this matter is still pending.

I understand a house burning down is a pretty big deal, so I didn't want to be too pushy, but I do need to sort this out at some point.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Tim, I'm sorry this happened to you. For whatever it's worth, you're in my thoughts.

MClark, why don't you go ahead and PM Tim now. See what you guys can work out. Just update the thread, once you've got it sorted.

Eric

Expert Trader

Thanks guys. Matt offered the issue resolved and that I find the owner of the Terradons so he can get them to him. I have searched all over my messages and got nothing. I am looking for a user named: Armond. Maybe he's a Dakka user!? Hadn't thought of that. My bad.

Hope to see you all in better spirits next time guys.

Thanks for the support and understanding.

Tim
Expert Trader

Gaaahhh.. Just realized you can do a search for members on Batertown by username and I think I found him. Sent him a message asking if he was missing some Terradons and that I sent them to Matt/Canada by mistake.

Hope it's him.

Tim

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”