Reaper Plastics

Talk about any non-GW Fantasy, Steampunk or similar miniature game here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wandyr ( 132 )
BTown Regular

Reaper Plastics

Post by Wandyr »

Does anyone know anything about those unpainted plastic models from Reaper? Supposedly you can paint them right out of the box and without primer. That just seems wrong - for several reasons. And is it rigid plastic? Nobody carries them around here, but the sculpts look good and the price is definitely attractive for a budget minded schmuck like me.

Thanks!
People I owe references:
People owing me good references:

My thoughts on references: If your part of the transaction is completed first, I'll leave a reference first. If my part is completed first, you leave a reference first.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: Reaper Plastics

Post by imp522 »

Okay I'll give my experiences with them

Can you paint them right out of the package yes you can. I've done a few of them like that but for the majority of them I've been hitting them with a color primer from the army painter.

Is it rigid plastic, no not at all. They are a bit bendy but from my experience it doesn't seem to be an issue and weapons and such from the 15 or so packs I've picked up nothing was completely out of whack. I understand though if they are the hot/cold trick fixes it right up.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
Wandyr ( 132 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wandyr »

Thanks! Hope you don't mind another question.

How good is the casting really? Are the pictures I've seen (like the bugbear) really as good as that?
People I owe references:

My thoughts on references: If your part of the transaction is completed first, I'll leave a reference first. If my part is completed first, you leave a reference first.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

They call it "Bones."
You should check out the Kickstarter.
I swear, I'd buy it, cherry-pick the stuff I wanted to keep, and ebay the rest for a profit, if I thought there was a change i'd ever use them (I'm trying to shy away from the "gotta collect 'em all" mentality).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/151 ... gaming-min

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

I don't see any differences. Ill try and take a pic this weekend of bones and metal mobiles so you can see

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Wandyr ( 132 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wandyr »

Thanks guys. I saw the kickstarter this weekend. That is a really awesome deal they've got going (if they're as nice as reported), but I don't know if I have the willpower to resist at least some of those add-ons. A clockwork dragon? I mean, c'mon! That's just ridiculously cool. I think my brain short-circuited a little bit while I was looking at the stuff.

So Imp, seeing a couple pics would be fantastic!

Oh, and while we're at it...are their paints good? I'm kind of partial to Vallejo, but at the prices they have on the kickstarter I might try some of theirs.

Thanks again!
People I owe references:

imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

I will get some up, I'm pretty deep in a work project right now but should get some up this coming week.

Their paints are fantastic IMHO, click on my links in my sig line everything on there was done with them. the HD paints(foundation) are awesome as well. I switched over to the master series when they first came out.

And the kickstarter I don't think you'll regret it if you pledge.

Wandyr ( 132 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wandyr »

Thanks Imp. I'll check out your stuff when I'm home. Don't worry about the pics for the Bones stuff. I did some more poking around and almost universally the comments have been positive.

But I think you're wrong about the Kickstarter. I'm definitely going to regret spending several hundred dollars - until I get everything in March. :-) Yeah, I'm in...and maybe in deep. That Dracolich sent me over the edge, and the Pathfinder iconics, pirates, townsfolk and dungeon dressing certainly didn't hurt either.
People I owe references:

imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

sounds good.
I'm, in at the Vampire level but no extras:( On the plus side I have a huge horde of kobolds

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Man, Kickstarter is really helping the miniatures industry.

All of the extras look like they'll go into regular production, but there might be a significant price break to get in now....
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Wandyr ( 132 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wandyr »

Just doing some quick math, the vampire level comes out around 55 cents for each model - and only getting better. And that includes the metal Sophie too! I just couldn't pass it up. I'm kinda surprised nobody has been talking about it here.
People I owe references:

HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

I kicked in at the Vampire level. Getting 200+ minis for less than .50 cents a pop is nuts. Two of the latest stretch models are giants!
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
astrosmash ( 140 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by astrosmash »

I'm in on this too, at Vampire level.
They have a really nice case that holds 150 minis for +$25... and you can swap the Sophie miniature for $25 credit towards extras :)
My kids are going to go crazy when we get the huge box of minis in March!
You Are Standing In An Open Field West Of A White House With A Boarded Front Door. There Is A Small Mailbox Here.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Yea, I'm swapping out Sophie for that gigantic zombie dragon. Oh, and I pledged an extra $15 for the clockwork dragon.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
gpfredette ( 720 )
Bartertown Marshall

Post by gpfredette »

Good day,

I was just going to get the Urban Legand Sophie - I have a collection of Sophie's (I actually know a couple of the sculpters that Reaper uses).

I am now in for the Vampire Level, the Liche Level, The clock Work Dragon, the Fire Giants, and the Frost Giants.

I am way to much of a sucker for these types of things.

Thank you,
Williams, AZ
Home of the Historic Grand Canyon Railroad

Lower Rating ships/pays first.

My Refs: ref_view.php?user_id=14243

Return to “Swords, Sorcery and Steampunk”