BTR Thomas Sexton AKA Darksoul - RESOLVED

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

BTR Thomas Sexton AKA Darksoul - RESOLVED

Post by darkchampion »

I really hate to do this, as he has such a high reference level, but with no contact, and skipping out on his end of the deal, I have to. I had a trade going with Darksoul. I was to trade a Dark Eldar Venom, and Codex, for some Forge World and plastic Ripprs. He commented he wouldnt be able to ship until Wensday, but I went and shipped on Monday. He has more feedbck than even me, so I saw no harm in it. I thought it as get it out of the way. Then the weekend came with no word, so I asked foran update, and hopefully a DC. So then Monday came, and he told me it was still at the office they didn't ship it. I guess he ships from work... Anyway, then after that no word. Although I did see a post go from outbox to sent, nothing has been read since.. The last message I got from him was on Monday March 12th. The PM list will follow, although note.. He first replied in a forum, so.. Quoting may look weird as original topic was deleted by bartertown.

Re: Have Dark Eldar/ old necron codex want: Tyranids

Sent: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:37 am
by darkchampion

If your serious about the ripper swarms, you'd have to have alot.. and not pre painted crud either. It would have to be like 20ish bases worth? As rippers dont have that great of value, unless its forge world..

Subject: Have Dark Eldar/ old necron codex want: Tyranids
DarkSoul wrote:I have some fw ripper swarms ill trade for your de stuff

darkchampion wrote:I have and want very little at the moment. I don't wanna overtrade what I have..

Haves:

Dark Eldar Vemon In box, but open.
Dark Eldar Codex (current, and hardly looked at)

OOP Necron Codex

Want:

New in box, or on sprue Tyranid units
Tyrannofex
Finecast Zoanthrope
Finecast Hive Guard
Warriors
Genestealers
Rippers
3rd Edition Hive Tyrant (any condition)

Sent: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 am
by DarkSoul
darkchampion wrote:If your serious about the ripper swarms, you'd have to have alot.. and not pre painted crud either. It would have to be like 20ish bases worth? As rippers dont have that great of value, unless its forge world..

I'm talking about forgwotld ones not the plastic ones.
But I probably have 10 or 15 bases worth of the plastic ones

Subject: Have Dark Eldar/ old necron codex want: Tyranids
DarkSoul wrote:I have some fw ripper swarms ill trade for your de stuff

*FYi, his actual reply was originally shown in amoungst the quotes of my reply to him.. I have his in bold to make it easier to read what he said.

Sent: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 am
by darkchampion

well.. which forgeworld ones? and how many? What condition? And as for the regular rippers, how many spinerippers?

Sent: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:10 am
by DarkSoul

darkchampion wrote:well.. which forgeworld ones? and how many? What condition? And as for the regular rippers, how many spinerippers?

They are the swarm bases not the singles. And their are no spine rippers as far as I remember.

I think I have 10 left and they are either primed black or bare.

Sent: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 am
by darkchampion

no spinerippers in amoungst your plastic ones? dang. I knew genestealers were popular, so I hoped you could have had some.

But as for the Forge world rippers.. wow, nice.. If you wanted the venom and codex.. (dont think I have more) I'd want atleast equal retail for rippers.. Which would be 7. Although thats not including anything from being worked on, which i normally consider a downside. As I don't know how well your models look after cleaning/priming. but anyway, I can just let it go at 7 if that would work with you.

Heck, I'd go for more.. as hey, who doesnt want more? lol.. Seven would be good..

Sent: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:28 am
by DarkSoul

darkchampion wrote:no spinerippers in amoungst your plastic ones? dang. I knew genestealers were popular, so I hoped you could have had some.

But as for the Forge world rippers.. wow, nice.. If you wanted the venom and codex.. (dont think I have more) I'd want atleast equal retail for rippers.. Which would be 7. Although thats not including anything from being worked on, which i normally consider a downside. As I don't know how well your models look after cleaning/priming. but anyway, I can just let it go at 7 if that would work with you.

Heck, I'd go for more.. as hey, who doesnt want more? lol.. Seven would be good..

Ill check and see what I got tonight and let you know tomorrow ill see if I can find any spine rippers

Sent: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:34 am
by darkchampion

if you dont have any, its no biggy

Sent: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:47 am
by darkchampion

any progress? And like I said, if you can't find spinerippers it no big deal. the FW rippers would be enough for the codex/venom

Sent: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:53 pm
by DarkSoul

darkchampion wrote:any progress? And like I said, if you can't find spinerippers it no big deal. the FW rippers would be enough for the codex/venom

I havent had a chance to go to my workshop yet.. was planning on it but things got hectic and i didnt make it will be going over tomorrow .. i have to cast up some female guard for someone..

--thomas

Sent: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:27 pm
by DarkSoul

darkchampion wrote:if you dont have any, its no biggy

Ok I've got 5 of the swarms left I must have traided the others off. I can also throw in about 20 or so loose rippers. In the deal

Sent: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:41 pm
by darkchampion

That can work.. Only one question.. How many 40mm bases can I get?

Sent: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:45 pm
by DarkSoul

darkchampion wrote:That can work.. Only one question.. How many 40mm bases can I get?

I think I have 5 the swarms are mounted to bases already

Sent: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:11 pm
by darkchampion

I was just hoping maybe you had spare bases for the plastic rippers.. No worries though. Here is my address awhile.

Jack Mooney Jr
7 Harvestview S
Apt D
Mount Joy, PA 17552
USA

And thats all for the 5 forge world rippers, and 20 plastic ones... and you'll be getting the DE Venom, and Codex.

Although, I do have one request.. there is a plain bald head in the venom kit.. Its also on the raider sprue.. And I wanted to know if I could have the plain bald head, for a possible future conversion. I do have some other DE heads I got to use to test paintng flesh. I could throw one of them in if you would, allow the replacement.

Sent: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:52 am
by DarkSoul
DarkSoul wrote:yes.. i have 5 additional plastic bases for the spare rippers.. sorry for the confusion.

Thomas Sexton

1703 John Gray
Cincinnati, Ohio 45240

It will be Wednesday before i can pack them up and get them out..
darkchampion wrote:I was just hoping maybe you had spare bases for the plastic rippers.. No worries though. Here is my address awhile.

Jack Mooney Jr
7 Harvestview S
Apt D
Mount Joy, PA 17552
USA

And thats all for the 5 forge world rippers, and 20 plastic ones... and you'll be getting the DE Venom, and Codex.

Although, I do have one request.. there is a plain bald head in the venom kit.. Its also on the raider sprue.. And I wanted to know if I could have the plain bald head, for a possible future conversion. I do have some other DE heads I got to use to test paintng flesh. I could throw one of them in if you would, allow the replacement.

Sent: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:54 am
by DarkSoul
DarkSoul wrote:and yea take the head.. im only using the masked heads for my conversions.. so any heads you want feel free..

Do you by chance have any of the grenade launchers from the warrior sprues? or extra Cannons?

darkchampion wrote:I was just hoping maybe you had spare bases for the plastic rippers.. No worries though. Here is my address awhile.

Jack Mooney Jr
7 Harvestview S
Apt D
Mount Joy, PA 17552
USA

Sent: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 am
by darkchampion

Regretably I havent had any true Dark eldar units. I only have the venom, and codex. I was going to slowly work on the army.. but the Tyranid items are drawing me back that way. I sorta started a swarm, or atleast painted a peice or two, and bought a few others.. and now they have top proprity. So yeah.. I wish I did have those other parts/bits.

And if you dont mind, and I doubt you will.. I'll probably get the codex/venom sent out today. That way its done and over with.. and I think our deal is about as good as it can get..

Sent: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:06 am
by DarkSoul

DarkSoul wrote:
darkchampion wrote:Regretably I havent had any true Dark eldar units. I only have the venom, and codex. I was going to slowly work on the army.. but the Tyranid items are drawing me back that way. I sorta started a swarm, or atleast painted a peice or two, and bought a few others.. and now they have top proprity. So yeah.. I wish I did have those other parts/bits.

And if you dont mind, and I doubt you will.. I'll probably get the codex/venom sent out today. That way its done and over with.. and I think our deal is about as good as it can get.. :mrgreen:

Yea not a problem.. I have other Nids too if you want to expand your swarm some time.. most are primed black and assembled though.. i do have a bunch of Gaunts on sprue.. Ill let them go about 60% retail if you want them in the future..

Sent: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:32 am
by darkchampion

just thought I'd let you know I shipped it out today. Here is the DC number:

And I'll definitally keep you in mind in reguards to those guants for the future. I wasn't planning on having as many smaller critters, but that idea may be broken already.. lol.

Sent: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 am
by darkchampion

So whats the status on the Rippers? As I'm seeing that my package was delivered to you. Its been a few days, and just needed to catch base, and know where things were!

Sent: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 am
by DarkSoul

Just got back to the office today.. and found that the package was not mailed.. it will go out tonight.. sorry for the delay, I was out of town

Sent: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 am
by darkchampion

thanks for the update

Sent: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 am
by darkchampion

Any new info on the rippers? Heck, I'd love a Delivery confirmation number if you have one..

Sent: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:58 pm
by darkchampion

ok.. So I'm not liking this so far. No delivery confirmation.. No Replies.. No telling me its been shipped. I don't want the tyranid items anymore. I just want my stuff back. I would have thought things would have gone alot smoother with someone who has even more feedback than me!

If it was already shipped, then so be it. But if not, send me back my stuff asap!
That may have been read by him.. unsure thouh, as there as no reply

Sent: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 am
by darkchampion

Still havent gotten a message back from you in a while. Funny thing too, is its been two weeks since we made the original deal. When if anything was shipped, it would only take 2-3 days max for something to go from ohio to pa. I still want my stuff back. I couldnt care less about the rippers right now. They were appealing enouch, but with this much nothing happening I just want my dark eldar stuff back! I know you've been online recently, as every message I send, gets put in my sent after about a day. Otherwise it would just stay in the outbox. And if your online, you could reply. So why havent you?
As far as I know this is unread, as it is still in my outbox. The same goes fo the next one.

Sent: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:22 pm
by darkchampion

Please get online and let me know whats going on. I don't wanna have to start a btr, or anything!
As stated, this one is unread as well, still being in outbox.

Yes I may get a little panicy towards the end. But I was ripped off a few years ago, and lost over $90 in metal Space Wolves, I haven't had anything quite that bad since. And this is probably one of the closest. So I can't help but get antsy. Right now, all I want is my stuff back, money equal to what was traded, or the original deal.. Not promising any good refs though, thats for sure. Not with a delay like this.

Anyway, I also do have the postal receipt for the package as well, and the Delivery confirmation. I will post them, along with any other info in a reply.. I wanna make sure this is formatted correctly first.
I follow the idea LOWER references ships/pays first. It keeps things safer for anyone, as I would never desire to have to start over again. Nor would I want to loose the trust of any fellow gamers. That is how I ended up with my reference collection! I always follow through with my deal!
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Re: BTR Thomas Sexton AKA Darksoul

Post by darkchampion »

ok, here is some other info.. I asked on the forum if anyone heard from Darksoul recently, here is the topic made for that:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=161675

And also, here is a link to a pic of the Receipt and Delivery Confirmation.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g223/ ... G_2568.jpg

Also, I'll go back into my originl BTR, and Color Code each of our replies, to simplify whos is whos. And sorry for the over use of quoting. I wanted to make sure and show the entire PM I was sent.
I follow the idea LOWER references ships/pays first. It keeps things safer for anyone, as I would never desire to have to start over again. Nor would I want to loose the trust of any fellow gamers. That is how I ended up with my reference collection! I always follow through with my deal!
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

Nevermind, looks like I can't edit.. Sorry if its overwelming.. I assumed I could edit them to stand out later.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Your OP is fine. Thanks for using [quote] boxes. That was perfect.
PM incoming.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

MagickalMemories just gave me his email.. So sent him a message:
Hello, this is Darkchampion from Bartertown. I'm hoping we can finally finish that trade we started peacefully. I sent you a Dark Eldar Venom, and the Dark Eldar Codex, worth about $60 total. And I have yet to receive anything we agreed upon. Where are the rippers promised? With you being in high reguard with so much feedback, I would have thought to have been kept in the loop, or atleast have gotten my stuff by now. I havent heard from you since March 12th. And that was you saying you'll make sure the package goes out, as your work didn't ship it out previously.

Then within minutes.. I got this reply:
Sorry, i have been out of town in portland OR for 3 weeks.. I'll be back on tuesday (supposedly) and ill see what is going on.. If the package hasn't arrived by then i can send your stuff back or we can work out some sort of monitory compensation for the items..

Im so sorry about this issue.. work has been driving me nuts sense i took this new position..

--thomas

WHY couldnt I have been able to email him before?!?!?! Would have given less fuss! ugh.. I havent replied back, but I'm glad things will be able to finally work out. I still have to say be careful if you trade with him. Delays like this should definitally stay inconsideration when possibly trading with him.

I'll keep this up to date with how this trully is resolved.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Would like to add there is something to be learned here, and this goes out to everyone who reads this; when setting up trades with your trade partners, it might be a good idea to get a secondary contact (i.e. alt e-mail, phone number, etc.).
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

Ok, time for an update. Talked to him via email just recently, and he ended up paying me $60 to finish things. As nothing arrived, and that woul be the amount needed to go to chaosorc for replacements. He stated the packaged was shipped, but never said when, or how. And there was no tracking info. I wish it was sent, and would have arrived, so this wouldnt have had to happen.

Anyway, would anyone be against me leaving a neutral feedback? As I was reimbursed, but I still wanna help make sure people are aware there can be issues trading with him.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

It doesn't matter who would be against what.
If you feel that is what is deserved, then that's what you leave. If Darksoul disagrees, he's got 30 days to dispute it.

To be clear, then... With the $60 being sent, does that call this BTR resolved?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

I was more gearing that towards admin.. And yes, I do beleive its resolved. Thanks.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

darkchampion wrote:I was more gearing that towards admin.. And yes, I do beleive its resolved. Thanks.
I figured you did. My answer would be the same, regardless who you were asking. : )

Since this BTR is called resolved by the OP, I'm locking it and moving it to the "Resolved" subforum.
If the OP or Darksoul have anything to add, please PM a staff member who can unlock the thread for you.

Eric

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”