8th BarterTown painting contest!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

8th BarterTown painting contest!

Post by CMSheats »

Hey guys, I am going to be hosting the 8th BT painting contest! Now, I know there was alot of confusion about the last contest about how a voting thread and pics never appeared, and that's because alot of guys were not able to finish in the time that was given in the contest. So the deadline for finishing your models has been extended! Also, the models that were finished (Last contest) will be put in the voting thread of this contest.

Start - Sunday, the 18th of March

Finish - Monday, the 9th of April (Adding alot more time this contest)

You can send me the pictures of your UNPAINTED model anywhere before hand or in between of the dates listed above.

The Rules

1. You must paint your own model, commission painted pieces DO NOT count!

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used.

3. Creativity is encouraged.

4. Model must be completely painted, no half painted models.

5. Have fun with what you are painting.

6. Converted models are accepted but not necessary. Conversions will not be taken into account as far as best painted results. Those voting, please only vote on painting skill, not conversion work.

7. Those in charge of the contest as well as the admins and moderators reserve the right to remove any contest entry we feel violates any or all of these rules.

Entries will be voted on. We will open a special forum for people to post their entries, and there will be a poll at the top for everyone to choose their favorite. TWO votes per person, and yes you can vote for yourself.

Send me the pictures of your model that you will be painting (BEFORE you paint it) with the BT contest page behind your model, or a thumbs up, ect. The model must be paint free. All model entries MUST be a "non vehicle single miniature." NO exceptions.

Contest prizes will be provided for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placements. BITZJUNKIE will be providing prizes for the contest. Prizes will be posted shortly.

There will be a max of 15 entries. This is on a first come first serve bases.

You can reserve your spot now, just send me the picture of your model.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, and I will get back with you as soon as I can.
Thanks so much!

Chris
Last edited by CMSheats on Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: 8th BarterTown painting contest!

Post by CMSheats »

6/15 slots have been taken. Thanks!

Chris
Last edited by CMSheats on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
athelu ( 608 )
Resident Trader

Post by athelu »

I assume my model is the 1/15?
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

No it's not. The models that were painted last painting contest that did not have a poll will automatically be put in here without taking up a slot. Thanks!

Chris
CrazyBones ( 260 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by CrazyBones »

Would it be possible to give us a total including all entries? (last months and new additions?)
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Sure! Well, there were two entries finished last contest, and one slot reserved already on this one. So that makes three. But I was not going to count those two that are all ready done towards reserved spots. Thanks!

Chris
jquest ( 266 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by jquest »

Are we waiting until the 18th of March to send the pic of the unpainted model?

Thanks
Ryan
If you have a lower rating be prepared to send first!

If you do not live in the US please specify when making offers.

The Emperor Protects
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

No, you can send them now if you want. That is just the date that you can start painting your model at. Thanks!

Chris
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

A sponsor has been found! BITZJUNKIE will be providing prizes for first, second, and third place. Prizes will be decided by tomorrow afternoon. I will post here and update the post above to show what the prizes are. There are only 9 spaces left for the contest, six have been claimed. So reserve your spot now! Thanks!

Chris
veinberg ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by veinberg »

i would really love to enter. but my only question is would a primed model be ok for first showing. bc i have already primed my whole army... i hope so...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Historically, it has been acceptable.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Yes, that is absolutely fine. Just send me a picture of your model and I will reserve you a spot! Thanks!

Chris
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

The prizes have been announced! Here they are, and if you have any questions regarding the prizes, please contact BITZJUNKIE or myself.

1st - First place will get a set of 3 objectives on 40mm bases

2nd - Second receives a set of 2 40mm based objectives

3rd - Third will receive a single 40mm based objective

Winners will have their choice of the army that the objective set is modeled after (i.e. IG, CSM, SM, etc.) and will arrive primered grey only. Winners cannot break up a set between different armies.
You can also choose to have FB objectives to!
Thanks!

Chris
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Facebook objectives?

Ooh. *Like*

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, go ahead and start painting! And people can still join in the contest, they just might not have as much time as the other guys. I will post the pictures of the models that are going to be painted this contest at about 8:45. Good luck everybody! Thanks!

Chris

Return to “Bartertown Contests”