Bartertown Plus, 2012 edition

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Bartertown Plus, 2012 edition

Post by Linrandir »

Hello all!

First, let me apologize for running so late on posting this. The latter half of 2011 was consumed with back surgery and recovery, and certain things fell off my radar.

That said, here's the official update for BT+ in 2012:

Same everything as before - $25 for the year, all features remain constant. However, Plarzoid is working on new features and little fun extras. If you've got an idea, post it in the BT+ forums and we'll look into it.
One change - please send electronic payments to me instead of Trademaster Adam. My paypal address is linrandir [at-sign] bartertown.com. As always, please forward a copy of your receipt to MagickalMemories [at-sign] aol.com and he'll get you added to the group in case you don't see the forum a day or two after you send me the payment.

I'll establish 14 FEB 2012 as the "deadline" by which we'll start pulling people out who haven't renewed or told us they intend to. Important note: If you joined in October 2011 - December 2011, I'll roll your BT+ membership over to 2012 because a number of people were delayed entry thanks to my not paying attention post-surgery.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for all your support!
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
69oddbitz ( 130 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Bartertown Plus, 2012 edition

Post by 69oddbitz »

How do we find out when we became BT+ members and/or how much longer we have till we need to renew?

Thx
-------------------
KOL: Magic Delicious McNasty

Per BT's Unofficial Rules - Lower Rating Ships First (except!)
Bad or Neutral References - Sorry, but you ship first REGARDLESS of your Rating.

Usually, if you're buying from me, You Pay first, I ship. BUT (!) I am definately open to discuss it.

Apparently I'm having BT connection issues. If you haven't heard from me in a 48 hour period of time and I don't answer a PM here, please email me at scribe.hereticus@gmail.com.
don_mondo ( 588 )
Resident Trader

Post by don_mondo »

Payment info?
Don "MONDO"
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

69oddbitz wrote:How do we find out when we became BT+ members and/or how much longer we have till we need to renew?

Thx
You should be able to find that in your PayPal transaction history. That's probably the fastest and easiest way.
I can't guarantee I'd have kept everyone's emails, or I'd offer to check, myself.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironwarriors83 ( 906 )
Expert Trader

Post by Ironwarriors83 »

Linrandir,

I just send you the payment for my BT Plus Renewal good sir! Thanks for getting this posted up and reminding us all!
Lower Rating? You ship first unless we agree otherwise regardless whether it's a sale or trade of miniatures. Feedback is there for a reason. This ISN'T Ebay, your Ebay Refs DON'T matter here, this is Bartertown! If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines! Offers are good for 24 Hours, otherwise void.

Feedback owed to me by: valthonis
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

OK, I had to double check to make sure.

Bartertown Plus runs annually from January to January. So, if you want to renew please let me know by 14 FEB 2012; and in the Paypal PLEASE include the following:

Your REAL NAME and your BARTERTOWN USER NAME. If I don't have these things, I can't renew your membership.

Thanks again to everyone for all your support. FYI, the membership fees last year went to getting a new dedicated server (I hope everyone's noticed the better speed). :-)
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
69oddbitz ( 130 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by 69oddbitz »

Heh. Found mine. March 29th. :D Okay, I plan on renewing, I'll pay by V-Day. :D Just wanna sell a few more things to get the bones to do it. :) But nice to know it's Jan to Jan. I gotta pay up my bank on my two safety deposit boxes Feb 1st, so this all ties together nicely. LOL
-------------------
KOL: Magic Delicious McNasty

Per BT's Unofficial Rules - Lower Rating Ships First (except!)
Bad or Neutral References - Sorry, but you ship first REGARDLESS of your Rating.

Usually, if you're buying from me, You Pay first, I ship. BUT (!) I am definately open to discuss it.

Apparently I'm having BT connection issues. If you haven't heard from me in a 48 hour period of time and I don't answer a PM here, please email me at scribe.hereticus@gmail.com.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

More information will be forthcoming;
Good news on the BT+ front. We're adding a SLEW of new MODs that are only available to BT+ members. Some are already in use, and others are yet to come.

Watch for an update here, as things get ironed out.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

joined last june, i'm sending the payment later today....

cheers

J.
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
bielmic ( 140 )
Resident Trader

Post by bielmic »

MagickalMemories wrote:More information will be forthcoming;
Good news on the BT+ front. We're adding a SLEW of new MODs that are only available to BT+ members. Some are already in use, and others are yet to come.

Watch for an update here, as things get ironed out.

Eric
MODs as in moderators to enforce rules or MODs as in changing dragons in Skyrim to my little ponies? If it's the latter, which ones are currently available other than specially colored names?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

LOL
MODs, as in Modifying the system. : )

Currently, BT+ members receive:
Special title
4 day posting limit, instead of 7
Ability to use colored ad titles
"Quick Reply" ability at the bottom of the thread
Hover your mouse over an Ad title for a teaser of the first bit of the ad.

Coming are:
PM Blocking by members (You can list any member, except staff, and it will block them from PMing you)
Profile Guestbook (Guestbook for people who visit your profile)
Safe gamer Tag (You can integrate your Xbox live, PSN network, Steam profile info into your BT profile)
New Rank themes (not just trade related)
POSSIBLY a Karma system (like a "Thanks" system), if we can make sure it cannot be confused with References.
Multiple File Upload (When adding pics to threads, you can add more than one at a time).

There are others coming to the general user base, but these are BT+ only.

We're also always open to suggestions, if you know of a PHPBB MOD you'd like integrated.

Eric

Quasi ( 18 )
Trade Novice

Post by Quasi »

I think I should get Bartertown plus for free. Because I am Quasi.
NOTHING can kill the grimace
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

: )

Quasi ( 18 )
Trade Novice

Post by Quasi »

Soooo, is Magikalmemories Magikial? Or Morlock? Also, why's it smell so funny in here? Also, join date, ftw. Hmmm, cant be Morlok...not in AZ.
NOTHING can kill the grimace
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Nope. I'm not Morlock. Different Admin.
What does join date matter?

Eric

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”