BTR- Richard Starr aka Loones27 - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

loones27 ( -10 )
New Trader

Re: Richard Starr aka Loones27

Post by loones27 »

I just got off the phone with paypal and their response to me was that nothing could be done on your end until my CC company released the funds. I sent an email to my CC company requesting a time table for the return. I will let you know as soon as they respond.
loones27 ( -10 )
New Trader

Post by loones27 »

No word from them but on their website it is now showing the case is resolved. I'll let you know when they send me a response regarding a time table.
AMEX.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loones27 ( -10 )
New Trader

Post by loones27 »

CC companies response.
I assure you that we have closed this dispute and the money will now be paid to the seller. We'll not be able to tell you the exact date of the payment.

I hope this information is of help to you.
Zaxon ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Zaxon »

That does not help me. I still don't have the funds. Also, is your credit card company refunding the chargeback fee as well?
"There must be a God," said the goldfish. "Otherwise who changes the water?"
loones27 ( -10 )
New Trader

Post by loones27 »

Well I tried. You continue to have a terrible attitude. I could have just let you, paypal, and my CC company sort it out but instead I tried to help and took extra steps to keep you informed. Best of luck.
Zaxon ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Zaxon »

I think I am entitled to a little impatience and mistrust considering I am the one out $91 and $114 worth of like-new hardcovers and you have what you wanted from the deal.
Zaxon ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Zaxon »

Just an update...it's been 4 weeks since the books were delivered, and the chargeback has still not been reversed. Paypal reports it is in the hands of the payer and his credit card company.
Zaxon ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Zaxon »

Update...now 8 weeks since the books were received, and still the chargeback has not been resolved. According to Paypal, if the chargeback had been cancelled, it would have been resolved by now. I have reported this to USPS.
loones27 ( -10 )
New Trader

Post by loones27 »

I spoke with my credit card company earlier today and they assured me that there dispute has been closed that I have been billed and the funds have been transferred to PayPal. Speaking with PayPal they tell me that they have yet to receive the funds and that it can take up to 90 days to receive the funds from my credit card company and they are unable to do anything until then. I asked PayPal if they were willing to put this in writing and they were unwilling to.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Thanks for doing that. I appreciate it.

PayPal gets dodgy sometimes.

@Zaxon,

If I were you, I'd get on the phone to PayPal immediately and not hang up until I spoke with a manager and received something IN WRITING stating how soon I could expect my money.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
loones27 ( -10 )
New Trader

Post by loones27 »

If you find someone willing to help out paypal and needs some input from me post their name and extension and I will call them when I return from vacation.
Zaxon ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Zaxon »

I have spoken to supervisor-level Paypal employees the past several times I've called, and the answer has not changed. The credit card company involved has 75 to 90 days to release the funds, as that is the amount of time the buyer has to change their mind about reversing the chargeback. Until that time has elapsed, Paypal does not have access to the funds, nor do they know when they will be available. If you provided a statement to your credit card company or related bank allowing those funds to be released, then Paypal would pass them on to me. Otherwise, I am told it will be December 13th at the earliest before I see my funds.

Paypal was kind enough to reverse the chargeback fee the last time I called (yesterday), so you need not worry about covering that. If you want to contact Paypal, the dispute case number is PP-001-494-216-835 (you may already have that), but from everything I've been told by customer service representatives and their supervisors at Paypal, the disposition of those funds is up to you, your credit card company and associated bank.
Avarice ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Avarice »

Having worked in banking zaxon, it is very possible that they will withhold the funds as long as possible, bank of america is notorious for doing some of the most absurd ghings, not that, that is who the cc company is through, just an example. Im not trying to defend loones, just thought this information may be useful to u
About me:
1. GW retail doesn't equal value if you intend to sell me assembled/stripped/primed/painted items. These all devalue them and anyone can get 20-30% of GW retail.
2. If I take the time to write you please be kind enough to at least tell me no or not interested.
3. Lowest reference ships first
4. I only deal with the lower 48 states, sorry just easier that way.
Zaxon ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Zaxon »

My thanks, Avarice. Paypal has stated that is exactly what they expect...there is no question in the outcome of the dispute on their part, but they have no control over when the funds get released back to them by the credit card company. The regulations governing such things apparently provide a window of up to 90 days from the date of the chargeback reversal when there is a dispute such as this.
Zaxon ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Post by Zaxon »

Update...now 12 weeks (3 months) since the books were received and still no payment. The 75-day window opened on Tuesday the 13th, and Paypal still has not received the funds from Mr. Starr's credit card company. At this point Paypal has said if I have not received the funds by the end of this weekend they will open an additional investigation. I am starting to believe I will have to assume this money is not coming.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”