BTR - evhall7 - Evan Hall - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

skull boy ( 216 )
Resident Trader

BTR - evhall7 - Evan Hall - Resolved

Post by skull boy »

Our deal was I was to send out a box of Chaos Knights for a Warmachine Cryx starter box. I sent my end and it was delivered shortly after he pulled the "I have car trouble" line and can't afford to mail your stuff. Anyways I have not heard out of him since the 23rd. I'm guessing despite his good feedback he is planning on ripping me off.

Re: W : Warmachine, Retribution, Khador, Cryx H : Fantasy, 4

Sent: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:46 pm
by skull boy

I really need that stuff or I will have to call you out on the boards.

Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:45 pm
by skull boy

When can I expect to get my cryx?

Sent: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 am
by skull boy

Just let me know

if its not to late ship it here instead

401 Onyx Dr
Granbury TX 76048

otherwise no worries I will get it either way.

Sent: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:58 pm
by evhall7

Sounds good man. I really wasn't worried about it just let me know when you ship it.
Thanks
Evan

Sent: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:49 pm
To: skull boy

Hey man I got your package a few days ago, sorry Im just letting you know now. I did have a little car trouble over the weekend when my tie rod snapped on the highway. I did have to pay out most of my money to get this fixed so I have had to delay sending you your cryx. I will however get them out asap.
Thank you and sorry
Evan

Sent: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:07 pm
by skull boy

Hey havnt forgotten about you just had a super busy day I'll get those chaos guys out today for you. Thanks

Sent: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 pm
by evhall7

Hey jeff,
my address is:
Evan Hall
3424 Hemlock Place N.E. Apt 2
Cedar Rapids, Ia 52402

As per normal and accepted bartertown rules the lower rating ships first so get those knights in the mail and I'll do the same for your cryx once you have.
Thanks
Evan

Sent: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:29 am
by skull boy

alright what's your address?

mine is

4231 Cortez Ct
Granbury TX 76048

Sent: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:12 pm
by evhall7

alright man i got the complete slayer. So if you want to proceed with this I am ready.

Sent: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:05 pm
by evhall7

alright man ill see what i can do.

Sent: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 pm
by skull boy

If you can get the arms for that one warjack to complete him I'll make the trade for the chaos knights.

Sent: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 pm
by evhall7

yes mort has her skarlock as well.
all the models are metal.
and the only issue is the slayer from the cryx battlebox is missing his arms. that being said i know i can get a pair of plastic arms for him and will if you like. My previous offer stands how ever the cryx box for the knights. You are at a 2:1 advantage over me.

Thanks
Evan
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR evhall7

Post by MagickalMemories »

You seem to be missing some PM's. Your very first PM reads as if it's coming in the middle of negotiations.
You need to have them all posted, please.

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
skull boy ( 216 )
Resident Trader

Post by skull boy »

Sorry figured you would just want me to cut to the chase......

Sent: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm
by skull boy

do you have the other half of the mortenbra? Are all the models complete? All metal?

Sent: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:49 pm
by evhall7

Subject: W : Warmachine, Retribution, Khador, Cryx H : Fantasy, 40k

skull boy wrote:I have
Wood Elf Codex Current $10
Wood Elf Male/Casting Spellsinger bare metal $6
Drycha bare matel $6
Empire Free Company NiB $30
Empire Hellblaster Volley gun bare plastic assembled $15
Empire Flagellants x 10 assembled bare plastic $20
Wood Elf Eternal Guard x 10 stripped metal $25
8 Glade Riders NoS, horses assembled $25
10 Mythicast Space Wolves Storm Shields $20
5 OOP metal Chaos Knights $20
Nib Chaos Knights $25
10 Dire Wolves bare plastic $10
6 Wild Riders of Kurnos partially assembled bare $40

Shipping not included in price. I only ship within the US.

Wants (looking for everything) * High Priority - Prefer to trade at the moment

Warmachine
Mk2 Rulebook
Starter Army Retribution, Cryx, or Khador
Hordes Circle of Orboros

Hey man I know I sent you an email about the chaos knights before and I would really still like to get them off of you. Here is all I have.

Mortenebra primed
metal cryx battlebox base coated
Horrower bare metal
1 ripjaw painted
warwitch siren bare metal

I also have the MK2 rule book but that would be the last thing that i get rid of.

the things i would like out of your list are:
The NIB knights (highest priority)
Empire Flagellants x 10 assembled bare plastic $20
and maybe the free company

Let me know what you think.
nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

Post by nurgleonbass »

I too am having a bad deal with evhall7. I will post full details later but it is a large and quite complex trade/purchase of his Cryx stuff for my Warriors of Chaos. He has confirmed reciept of my Warriors of Chaos and given me car repairs as the reason for not me able to ship.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

skull boy wrote:Sorry figured you would just want me to cut to the chase......
Is that because you read neither the rules nor the guidelines for posting in this forum?
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

nurgleonbass wrote:I too am having a bad deal with evhall7. I will post full details later but it is a large and quite complex trade/purchase of his Cryx stuff for my Warriors of Chaos. He has confirmed reciept of my Warriors of Chaos and given me car repairs as the reason for not me able to ship.
Don't post it later--post it now, since "me too" posts are explicitly prohibited from BTR threads.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

Post by nurgleonbass »

My apologies. I scanned this section of the forum saw the name and posted thinking the information would help.

At the start of August I entered into an agreement with evhall7. The agreement started with a trade of $250 - 300 of his Cryx for my Warriors of Chaos. I shipped first as my rating was lower and he confirmed receipt with a PM on 24th of August. I was told that shipment might be delayed as he had car problems and needed to wait until he was paid. I also added a small additonal payment of $20 for another model via paypal. On 30th of August I had another PM saying that the models would be shipped on Friday 2nd of September but have had no other contact since this message on the 30th of August.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi there,

I've got some Warriors of Chaos stuff I would trade for your Cryx. I'm in the UK so just checking that shipping wouldn't be a problem for you before getting into detail.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Honestly I'm kind of up in the air about international trades . I think if its not too much trouble id like to know what you are offering first.
I look foreward to hearing back from you.
evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Ok, I'm interesed in the following:

Cryx card deck
Scaverous bare metal
Mortenebra primed
Horrower bare metal
stalker painted
magnatized cryx heavy kit base coated
1 ripjaw painted
seether nib
Deathjack primed
necrotech bare metal
Satyxis Raider Captain some paint
warwitch siren bare metal
Satyxis Raiders Full unit +UA stripped
bile thralls min unit bare metal
9 scrap thralls bare metal
bane knights nib
tartarus nib
Wrath engine some paint

In terms of a trade I would suggest like for like retail and I have the following to offer up:

Armybook
Marauder box set new on sprue
Lord on Juggernaut new in box
Hellcannon not touched
Warriors (not sure how many but lets say 16 for the moment)
10 Metal Warhounds unpainted
Chaos Ogres box set mint
3 Dragon Ogres (basic paint job)
6 Chaos Trolls unpainted
6 Chaos Spawn assembled some primed
Chaos Giant assembled unpainted
Shaggoth assembled unpainted

Any good?

All the best

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey glad to hear back from you. You do have quite a collection there sadly because of the time difference some of the cryx has been spoke for already. As far as international trades I think that I we can deal, although I do have a little apprehension about sending things over the ocean. Because of that and your lower rating I would ask that you send your end first. If that is ok then we can continue this deal.

Here is what i have left: (some others are still there but others have already inquired about them so I need to give them priority)

Cryx card deck
Scaverous bare metal
Horrower bare metal
stalker painted
Deathjack primed
necrotech bare metal
9 scrap thralls bare metal
Wrath engine some paint
$291 US ( retail value rounded to the nearest dollar)
and here is what I am interested in from what you have:

Armybook
Marauder box set new on sprue
Lord on Juggernaut new in box
Hellcannon not touched
Warriors (not sure how many but lets say 16 for the moment)
Shaggoth assembled unpainted
$254 US

I am kind interested in the chaos trolls as well but only a little. I would love to deal but its a little uneven at the moment you are free to change things around or whatever you wanna do to make it even. It doesnt matter to me which of the cryx I send you so Ill let you go through and decide what is more important than what.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Ok, to be honest I think the amount we have boiled down to is more sensible for an International trade anyway.

I'm happy to send first have two suggestions to even up. Firstly I would be happy to top up half of the difference with a paypal payment, or secondly I'm happy to leave the 9 scrap thralls out the deal which makes it roughly even.

I do need to dig out the Warriors and see exactly what I have but if we are ok with the above I can do that later today.

All the best

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ill be happy with either paypal or taking the scrappies out, i think i would prefer paypal though because it will be hard to get rid of just 9 scrap thralls. So if you wanna go the paypal rout there is a 37 dollar difference so how about we call it 18 dollars US?
I think before anything though you should find out how many warriors there are because that could alter things.

for the future my addresses are:

paypal: evhall7@yahoo.com

postal:

Evan Hall
3424 Hemlock Place N.E. apt 2
Cedar Rapids, Ia 52402

Thanks for making this easy by the way.
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

No problem - thanks for being clear and quick with your replies.

A bit of an update. I've found the Warriors and I actually have 12 new in box and another 7 that are primed black.

In addition the Maruaders are not new in box (must have confused the with the Warriors) but I actually have 32 assembled but otherwise unpainted.

If you like I can send you the extra Marauders and Warriors which are roughly the $37 difference, or I'm happy with the $18 via paypal.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey,

Ill take the figures if its all the same to you. And if you are good to go then so am I.

I do have one question left however; these 32 marauders, what kind of weapons do they have?

Thanks
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Hi Evan,

No problem. The vast majority have hand weapon and shield. A handful have flails or two handweapons.

If that's ok I'll get them in the post next couple of days and drop you a line when they are on the way.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am sure I'll be able to handle that.

thanks
evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Just to let you know everything is packed and ready to go. I will post it later today.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Evan,

Bad news I'm afraid. Firstly the package is just over 2Kg which means Royal Mail will not carry it. Secondly the price is much higher than I expected even if I could get it under 2Kg (£30 or $50).

Taking the book out would reduce the weight and cost to something much more sensbile and I would be happy for you to remove a similar item from the trade list.

Do you want to go ahead with this plan or cancel the deal? Your call, sorry it's not worked out as expected.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think that of anything of the lot I would prefer to loose the Shaggoth first. He should reduce the cost a bit as far as whats taken out of the cryx... make a suggestion is suppose.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

if we got rid of the army book what would you want to loose out of the cryx stuff. both the scrap thralls and harrower are about the same cost as the book, for weight and thus shipping reasons I would rather withhold the harrower but I am curious what you would choose?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Part of the problem is Royal Mail charge a lot more for anything with printed papers in. Don't ask me why I have no idea but that's why I'm keen to drop the book from the deal rather than anything else.

If you want to drop the Harrower that's fine with me. I'm also happy to top up with a paypal payment to half it's retail value if you prefer.

Sorry about this, when you asked for the book I did hesitate as I've had problems with books in the past, so I wish I had listened to my instincts.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have to say that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while, governments are so silly over the littlest things.

Anyhow thats fine then and as far as the value of the book versus the harrower, they are about the same so why dont we just pull our respective items and call it even.

Sorry about this little hickup
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

No problem. Back to the Post Office tomorrow it is then!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks man!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Everything went today (apart from the book of course!). Let me know when it gets to you.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Any sign of the Warriors?

Also, I've been tinkering with my Cryx list and I would actually really like to get the Harrower back into the deal for the theme list I want to do. Would you consider putting him in instead of the scrap thralls or allowing me to add him in with a paypal payment?

All the best

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

hey man, no i havent gotten them yet but they are coming along way so I am not to surprised.

I would really rather sell the harrower than switch the lots. what would you say is a fair price for it?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hopefully won't be too long now.

As for the Harrower how does $20 sound?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sure id take 20 for it.

my paypal address is evhall7@yahoo.com

I have to ask the favor though much like the customs form if you could send the money as a gift we can get around the 3% charge paypal likes to take from people who sell things.

thanks
evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Thanks for that. What I'll do is add the 3.4 and bit% onto the $20 paypal payment. I prefer to work it that way if it's all the same to you. It should be in your account in the 24 hours.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Any news on the WoC? I'm getting worried about them as another package I sent after them to the States had already arrived.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey,
I received the package on saturday, sadly on the same day one of the tie rods on my car snapped on the highway and needing a car in order to work and pay bill i had to shell out the last of my salary to get it fixed. Ill be sending you cryx out next week when I get paid I am truely sorry about this unfortunate turn. Normally my operation goes a little smoother than this but there was just nothing I could do in this case.
All the stuff you sent me arrived safely, however the Shaggoth is missing a horn and his base. I just wanted to make you aware of this because of my slip up Iam just going to let it go though.
Sorry again

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the message. Glad to hear they got there. I've been a bit worried as they seemed take longer than usual.

Sorry about the missing bits. I didn't realise the Shaggoth had a horn, although the base is an oversight on my part. I'll look through the box and if I can find the horn I'll forward them to you - can't promise anything as he's been moved around a fair bit over the last couple years and it's likely been lost, but it's worth a look.

If you could let me know when the Cryx is posted that would be good as I'll likely be worrying about that as well now!

Many thanks

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That is understandable and again I am truly sorry for this delay. While I cannot completely take away your worries I will assure you that my intentions are honest and that I have not intention of any shady business. I like to trade on this site sometimes just for the sake of trading and because of that I do take my reputation on this site seriously and work hard to maintain it.
Ii am sorry again
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Just following up to see if the Cryx stuff has been shipped out yet.

Thanks

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

No.. this has been the week from hell. That being said I get paid on friday and will be shipping them out then. thanks again for your patients.
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Evan,

Hope you are having a better week!

Did you ship the Cryx stuff?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Appreciate you posting those PMs.. BUT... you need to open your own BTR on evhall7.. not add onto skull boy's. Each instance needing a BTR needs its own thread.

I will give you 24 hours to open your own thread with the pm string above before I delete the string in here. In the new thread, PLEASE make sure to post complete PMs, with headers (time and titles)

-P
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I have sent him an email, requesting that he take care of his responsibilities here.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
skull boy ( 216 )
Resident Trader

Post by skull boy »

Evan came through on his end. I did recieved the Cryx. Poorly packed and arrived broken but I did get them and should be able to fix them.
Thanks mods for the help.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Well, i'm sorry to hear they were broken up, but glad he came through.
Closing BTR.

Eric

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”