BTR evhall7 - resolved by evhall7

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

BTR evhall7 - resolved by evhall7

Post by nurgleonbass »

On 31st of July I initiated a trade with evhall7. The deal began as trade for between $250 and $300 of my Warriors of Chaos stuff for a similar amount of Evan’s Cryx stuff. The PM record shows there is some negotiation backwards and forwards before an exact deal was agreed on and I sent my side of the deal on 4th of August. I also sent an extra paypal payment of $21 on 14th of August for an additional model. Evan confirmed receipt of the models with a PM on 24th of August. He also stated that he would not be able to afford to send the models until the next week due to his car needing a repair. Evan later stated that he would sending the models on 2nd of September when he was paid. I have had no communication from him since 30th of August, although I can see that he collected my last private message and has also logged on 5th of September.

Evan has good feedback and appears genuine so I am hoping this just a case of real life getting in the way of finishing the deal. However, his increasingly sporadic communication, that has now stopped entirely, has led me to file this report and a paypal claim for the money sent (filed 10th of September)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:38 am
by nurgleonbass
Hi there,

I've got some Warriors of Chaos stuff I would trade for your Cryx. I'm in the UK so just checking that shipping wouldn't be a problem for you before getting into detail.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 pm
by evhall7
Honestly I'm kind of up in the air about international trades . I think if its not too much trouble id like to know what you are offering first.
I look foreward to hearing back from you.
evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 am
by nurgleonbass
Hi Evan,

Ok, I'm interesed in the following:

Cryx card deck
Scaverous bare metal
Mortenebra primed
Horrower bare metal
stalker painted
magnatized cryx heavy kit base coated
1 ripjaw painted
seether nib
Deathjack primed
necrotech bare metal
Satyxis Raider Captain some paint
warwitch siren bare metal
Satyxis Raiders Full unit +UA stripped
bile thralls min unit bare metal
9 scrap thralls bare metal
bane knights nib
tartarus nib
Wrath engine some paint

In terms of a trade I would suggest like for like retail and I have the following to offer up:

Armybook
Marauder box set new on sprue
Lord on Juggernaut new in box
Hellcannon not touched
Warriors (not sure how many but lets say 16 for the moment)
10 Metal Warhounds unpainted
Chaos Ogres box set mint
3 Dragon Ogres (basic paint job)
6 Chaos Trolls unpainted
6 Chaos Spawn assembled some primed
Chaos Giant assembled unpainted
Shaggoth assembled unpainted

Any good?

All the best

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:25 am
by evhall7

Hey glad to hear back from you. You do have quite a collection there sadly because of the time difference some of the cryx has been spoke for already. As far as international trades I think that I we can deal, although I do have a little apprehension about sending things over the ocean. Because of that and your lower rating I would ask that you send your end first. If that is ok then we can continue this deal.

Here is what i have left: (some others are still there but others have already inquired about them so I need to give them priority)

Cryx card deck
Scaverous bare metal
Horrower bare metal
stalker painted
Deathjack primed
necrotech bare metal
9 scrap thralls bare metal
Wrath engine some paint
$291 US ( retail value rounded to the nearest dollar)
and here is what I am interested in from what you have:

Armybook
Marauder box set new on sprue
Lord on Juggernaut new in box
Hellcannon not touched
Warriors (not sure how many but lets say 16 for the moment)
Shaggoth assembled unpainted
$254 US

I am kind interested in the chaos trolls as well but only a little. I would love to deal but its a little uneven at the moment you are free to change things around or whatever you wanna do to make it even. It doesnt matter to me which of the cryx I send you so Ill let you go through and decide what is more important than what.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 am
by nurgleonbass
Hi Evan,

Ok, to be honest I think the amount we have boiled down to is more sensible for an International trade anyway.

I'm happy to send first have two suggestions to even up. Firstly I would be happy to top up half of the difference with a paypal payment, or secondly I'm happy to leave the 9 scrap thralls out the deal which makes it roughly even.

I do need to dig out the Warriors and see exactly what I have but if we are ok with the above I can do that later today.

All the best

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:31 am
by evhall7

Ill be happy with either paypal or taking the scrappies out, i think i would prefer paypal though because it will be hard to get rid of just 9 scrap thralls. So if you wanna go the paypal rout there is a 37 dollar difference so how about we call it 18 dollars US?
I think before anything though you should find out how many warriors there are because that could alter things.

for the future my addresses are:

paypal: evhall7@yahoo.com

postal:

Evan Hall
3424 Hemlock Place N.E. apt 2
Cedar Rapids, Ia 52402

Thanks for making this easy by the way.
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:33 am
by nurgleonbass

Hi Evan,

No problem - thanks for being clear and quick with your replies.

A bit of an update. I've found the Warriors and I actually have 12 new in box and another 7 that are primed black.

In addition the Maruaders are not new in box (must have confused the with the Warriors) but I actually have 32 assembled but otherwise unpainted.

If you like I can send you the extra Marauders and Warriors which are roughly the $37 difference, or I'm happy with the $18 via paypal.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 pm
by evhall7

Hey,

Ill take the figures if its all the same to you. And if you are good to go then so am I.

I do have one question left however; these 32 marauders, what kind of weapons do they have?

Thanks
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:30 pm
by nurgleonbass

Hi Evan,

No problem. The vast majority have hand weapon and shield. A handful have flails or two handweapons.

If that's ok I'll get them in the post next couple of days and drop you a line when they are on the way.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:55 am
by nurgleonbass
Hi Evan,

Just to let you know everything is packed and ready to go. I will post it later today.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 pm
by nurgleonbass

Evan,

Bad news I'm afraid. Firstly the package is just over 2Kg which means Royal Mail will not carry it. Secondly the price is much higher than I expected even if I could get it under 2Kg (£30 or $50).

Taking the book out would reduce the weight and cost to something much more sensbile and I would be happy for you to remove a similar item from the trade list.

Do you want to go ahead with this plan or cancel the deal? Your call, sorry it's not worked out as expected.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:19 pm
by evhall7

I think that of anything of the lot I would prefer to loose the Shaggoth first. He should reduce the cost a bit as far as whats taken out of the cryx... make a suggestion is suppose.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:47 pm
by evhall7
if we got rid of the army book what would you want to loose out of the cryx stuff. both the scrap thralls and harrower are about the same cost as the book, for weight and thus shipping reasons I would rather withhold the harrower but I am curious what you would choose?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:01 pm
by nurgleonbass
Part of the problem is Royal Mail charge a lot more for anything with printed papers in. Don't ask me why I have no idea but that's why I'm keen to drop the book from the deal rather than anything else.

If you want to drop the Harrower that's fine with me. I'm also happy to top up with a paypal payment to half it's retail value if you prefer.

Sorry about this, when you asked for the book I did hesitate as I've had problems with books in the past, so I wish I had listened to my instincts.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:14 pm
by evhall7

I have to say that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a while, governments are so silly over the littlest things.

Anyhow thats fine then and as far as the value of the book versus the harrower, they are about the same so why dont we just pull our respective items and call it even.

Sorry about this little hickup
Evan

Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:26 pm
by nurgleonbass

No problem. Back to the Post Office tomorrow it is then!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:18 pm
by nurgleonbass

Hi Evan,

Everything went today (apart from the book of course!). Let me know when it gets to you.

Cheers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:15 am
by nurgleonbass

Hi Evan,

Any sign of the Warriors?

Also, I've been tinkering with my Cryx list and I would actually really like to get the Harrower back into the deal for the theme list I want to do. Would you consider putting him in instead of the scrap thralls or allowing me to add him in with a paypal payment?

All the best

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:45 am
by evhall7

hey man, no i havent gotten them yet but they are coming along way so I am not to surprised.

I would really rather sell the harrower than switch the lots. what would you say is a fair price for it?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:27 am
by nurgleonbass
Hopefully won't be too long now.

As for the Harrower how does $20 sound?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 pm
by evhall7
sure id take 20 for it.

my paypal address is evhall7@yahoo.com

I have to ask the favor though much like the customs form if you could send the money as a gift we can get around the 3% charge paypal likes to take from people who sell things.

thanks
evan

Sent: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:49 pm
by nurgleonbass
Hi Evan,

Thanks for that. What I'll do is add the 3.4 and bit% onto the $20 paypal payment. I prefer to work it that way if it's all the same to you. It should be in your account in the 24 hours.

Sent: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:14 pm
by evhall7
that works too.
thanks

Sent: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:19 pm
by nurgleonbass
Works out about an extra $. I'll send it across now.

Sent: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 pm
by nurgleonbass
Hi Evan,

Any news on the WoC? I'm getting worried about them as another package I sent after them to the States had already arrived.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:47 am
by evhall7

Hey,
I received the package on saturday, sadly on the same day one of the tie rods on my car snapped on the highway and needing a car in order to work and pay bill i had to shell out the last of my salary to get it fixed. Ill be sending you cryx out next week when I get paid I am truely sorry about this unfortunate turn. Normally my operation goes a little smoother than this but there was just nothing I could do in this case.
All the stuff you sent me arrived safely, however the Shaggoth is missing a horn and his base. I just wanted to make you aware of this because of my slip up Iam just going to let it go though.
Sorry again
Evan

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:43 am
by nurgleonbass

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the message. Glad to hear they got there. I've been a bit worried as they seemed take longer than usual.

Sorry about the missing bits. I didn't realise the Shaggoth had a horn, although the base is an oversight on my part. I'll look through the box and if I can find the horn I'll forward them to you - can't promise anything as he's been moved around a fair bit over the last couple years and it's likely been lost, but it's worth a look.

If you could let me know when the Cryx is posted that would be good as I'll likely be worrying about that as well now!

Many thanks

Sent: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:11 pm
by evhall7

That is understandable and again I am truly sorry for this delay. While I cannot completely take away your worries I will assure you that my intentions are honest and that I have not intention of any shady business. I like to trade on this site sometimes just for the sake of trading and because of that I do take my reputation on this site seriously and work hard to maintain it.
Ii am sorry again
Evan

Sent: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 pm
by nurgleonbass
Hi Evan,

Just following up to see if the Cryx stuff has been shipped out yet.

Thanks

Sent: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:21 pm
by evhall7

No.. this has been the week from hell. That being said I get paid on friday and will be shipping them out then. thanks again for your patients.
Evan

Sent: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:19 pm
by nurgleonbass
Hi Evan,

Hope you are having a better week!

Did you ship the Cryx stuff?

Nick

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR evhall7

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, you've got all the details there, and your report is definitely legit.

I want to commend you on the PayPal payment, though. Had you sent it as a gift, you'd be having a HORRENDOUS time with PayPal, trying to get the money back.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

Post by nurgleonbass »

I would always opt to the pay the little extra for the cover and peace of mind. Although the current mood is to reject paypal fees as a rip-off, I personally feel they offer reasonable value.

I sincerely hope Evan picks up the couple of BTRs recently started and closes his outstanding deals. I've had nothing but good experiences on Bartertown to date and love the site. I would be sad if this deal had a bad ending.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I have sent him an email, requesting that he take care of his responsibilities here.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

Post by nurgleonbass »

Thanks, Eric. Much appreciated.
nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

Post by nurgleonbass »

Just a small update on this one. While filing the paypal claim I noticed that the name on the paypal account is Nicholas Hall rather than Evan Hall.
nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

Post by nurgleonbass »

I'm very pleased to say that Evan has been in contact.

We are working towards a solution and I hope this will be resolved in the next few days.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Great to hear! Keep this updated, please!
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
nurgleonbass ( 54 )
Trade Novice

Post by nurgleonbass »

I am delighted to update this with the news that Evan and I have finished the deal and all is well.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Then I shall mark this as Resolved. PM me if you need it unlocked.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”