BTR Nightsbane(R.L Yates) - Resolved by Nightsbane

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

EppyT ( 8 )
New Trader

BTR Nightsbane(R.L Yates) - Resolved by Nightsbane

Post by EppyT »

Howdy about a week ago I sold an Cryx army to Nightsbane for the agreed amount of 225. Ive been bartertown for a year or so but only have 6 trades (this being my 7th) and this guy had 12 in the 3 or so months that he has been with bartertown, so as obligated me having the less trades I sent my package 1st. Upon recieving my package he claimed that the Bane knights i sent the weapons were bent and that he broke a few trying to unbend them and that the cards I put down as extra had coffee stains on them ,and also that a few figures where missing bases ( that i know i put in there). Anyways when saying he didnt want to pay the agreed price of 225,that he only wanted to give me 200, which I had already given him a great deal for the bundle, I told him more than once that if he wasnt happy he could return the items and I would thank him for the wasted time and broken Items. He refused claiming that it would cost him more to ship it back to me and more or least saying that I needed to take the 200 or we was just going to keep my stuff after a long monday afternoon to evening pming back and forth I relented and took the 200(which after paypal I got 193.69 for my troubles),

Heres my proof these are all the pms.

Re: H: Cryx and Mercs W: Infinity or cash *pics

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 pm
by Nightsbane
Payment was sent a few minutes ago.

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:05 pm
by Nightsbane
I will send the money right now to Eppy_Thatcher@yahoo.com look for it in about two minutes.

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:55 pm
by EppyT
Oh *edit* hell send the money, Look i need it to be 200

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:36 pm
by Nightsbane
C.O.D. No longer exists through Fedex, UPS, or the Post Office. There is no way for me to ship it for free and have you billed later. I would gladly pay you the agreed upon price if I had received the agreed upon items. I have attempted to find a peaceful and beneficial compromise here, if you would let me. I have cash in paypal account right now waiting to be sent.

I'm not trying to hold you over a barrel, jut finish up this transaction amicably. I would give out some advice and say that the amount to have it all shipped back is going to cost close to the amount to repair the damages, meaning that even shipping it back would result in a loss, but this time a total loss.

If you will confirm this email: Eppy_Thatcher@yahoo.com I can have your payment sent in minutes.

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:28 pm
by EppyT
thats fine cause your not hearing me,pay the agreed upon price or send me back the Cryx. cod it i dont care just make up your mind

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:22 pm
by Nightsbane
You aren't hearing me. I am under no responsibility to foot the bill for the return packing and shipment, when this issue was not caused by me. Even if I were to ship it back you would need to pay for packing and shipping.

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:19 pm
by EppyT
Well 225 or send back the stuff its as easy as that.

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:18 pm
by Nightsbane
I sent you an offer and waited hours for a response, so do not demand instant response from me. I will not be shipping these back to you and simply agreeing to that. It will cost be 15 dollars just to ship, not counting time and money spent packing and in transit. The cards do matter when they are coffee stained, and you still have ignored the fact that there are missing bases and broken weapons.

We can come to agreement here, but I will not be packing and shipping these items back to you for free when this issue is not of my making. I will check back in shortly to see if you have responded.

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:57 pm
by EppyT
still waiting for a response

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:29 pm
by EppyT
No the agreed upon price was 225. and the fact im out 15 bucks to ship it to you and unless the card are ripped in half I dont see why you need to buy more so. Once again if your not happy send them back and we thank each other for the wasted time.

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:11 pm
by Nightsbane
I will explain this one more time. Things break in shipping, and that's fine. As long as it is something that can be reglued. Those Bane Knights though, broke because they got shoved into a package they didn't fit in. The cards were part of the deal, irregardless of how you feel about it. The bases are also flat out missing, without being described as such in your original listing. I told you right away why I hadn't verified this order, I was out of town with my wife and unable to verify them. I had another package shipped around the same time, and it didn't arrive until today, and it was only from a state over, so go figure. I have a had trades where everything goes perfect, and ones with missing parts or issues, and we always resolve it. I cannot simply pack everything up and send it back, because it will still cost me both time and money to pack and ship it back to you, while gaining nothing myself with an issue that is not of my making.

I have asked you for a recommended solution or compromise, and I haven't heard one outside packing it up as a total loss, so here is what I offer. I will sent you 200.00 through paypal this evening. That's a little less than the losses and not counting the shipping fees of the replacement parts I will have to order. Let me know what you think.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:05 pm
by EppyT
Not trying to pass the buck or accept responsibility but anytime out the six trades Ive done I received bent or broken items i just suck it up, cause a lot stuff happens in transit as with the cards like said they were extra Icing on the cake also you have the codex as well now. Not included in the price. Pretty much you got everything at 60% off (if not more than would it have been if you bought it new.) What tweaks my nipples about all this is that you have these items in your posession for 3 days now and you're just now getting around to taking inventory of the package claiming things broken wanting to knock 26 dollars off what you owe. Look Ive patient waiting for you to verify the package, hell im trying to be patient now, but if your not happy just send back everything and Ill thank you for the wasted time and broken bane knights
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:39 pm
by Nightsbane
I'm not nitpicking to bring down the price, I'm asking to get what I'm paying for. It does not matter if extra means free to you, if you post it, it is included in the trade and you are responsible for it. You are also responsible for broken/missing product. That's why I'm letting you make the suggestion, not I on how to fix this.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 pm
by EppyT
the Cards are stated as Extras cause thats what they are extra not apart of the price I had them and didnt need them. Now in stead of giving you the deck I could have just giving you the card thats went with the models. Not with the Bane knights there was nothing elses to pack them in. But if your just trying to nitpick to bring the price down its kinda silly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:17 pm
by Nightsbane
It's going to cost be 5.00 to order the bases:

http://store.privateerpress.com/40mmplasticbases.aspx

The Deck was part of the deal, since it was specifically listed:

Extras
1x cryx codex
1x cryx deck

The Deck is 18.99, 14.24 at MM discounted minus shipping.

The weapons would not have been bent if they had not been smashed in the clams shell and were separate like you did with the thralls. The price to replace is 1.00 each http://store.privateerpress.com/banekni ... ance1.aspx

The Skarlock part is .75 http://store.privateerpress.com/skarlockswoosh.aspx

As it sits this leaves us with 25.99 in replacement costs not counting shipping from MM and Privateer Press. I can pay you this evening as intended, we just need to resolves these issues.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm
by EppyT
Well didnt know that the Skarlock is missing a tail bit cause thats how I got it, also the cards were an extra Item and wasnt counted in the price( didnt really need to send them since alot of this stuff are doubles to you right), and keep 2 dollars to buy yourself 3 bases (tho i doubt they will cost you that much) as for the bent weapons theres really nothing I could have done about that as they are really thin and no matter how I packed them they would still get bent(I knew that might have been a problem but I figured with all the packing peanuts.)So is this going to hold up my payment another day or two? Cause I wish we had taken care of this saturday
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:16 pm
by Nightsbane
Ok, got everything checked pretty well through, and ran into a few issues. First, a bunch of stuff was really broken up, but that isn't too big of a deal because that just happens in shipment no matter how much effort you give to keeping things well packed. The main issues are as follows:

1. The Stalkers are all missing their bases. The description did not say stalkers minus bases, it said three stalkers.
2. The Bane Knights, they way in which they were packed in a shell they didn't fit bent their weapons really bad, upon trying to fix them they are snapping in half.
3. The Skarlock Thrall is missing it's soul tale part.
4. The deck has some of the cards that must have been left out or something because some of them are really worn, one even have coffee stains and there is no box.

I have't had time to do all of the repairs to verify there aren't any other missing parts, but I will be taking a look. How do you want to handle these issues?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 am
by EppyT
Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:15 pm
by Nightsbane
Sorry. I didn't expect the package to arrive until monday. I am out with the wife for a couple days. I will verify the contents late tomorrow or monday. Either way money should be sent no problems by monday night. Don't worry, check my references. You will not get screwed over.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 pm
by EppyT
So I haven't gotten a reply back yet, just trying to figure out what could be the hold up. Would love a response sometime soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:38 pm
by EppyT
Howdy just saw that the package was delivered, Just wondering if you had time to verify the contents and when I might receive payment.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:14 pm
by EppyT
Howdy put the Cryx in the mail this morning you should receive them on Saturday. the tracking number is 0311 0820 0001 5384 0675. When you have verfied the package my email is Eppy_Thatcher@yahoo.com. Fyi I sent it U.S postal

Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:52 pm
by EppyT
Np Chief, Thank you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:48 pm
by Nightsbane
Awesome, thanks again. Will be looking forward to it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:43 pm
by EppyT
Aye, Aye its not my first rodeo and Ill have them in the mail tomorrow will have said tracking number sent to you as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:38 pm
by Nightsbane
Alright, awesome. As per Bartertown rules the person with lower feedback ships first.

My address is:

R.L.Yates
906 W 17th
Hutchinson, KS 67501

Once I receive and verify the models I will send payment and provide positive feedback, asking that you do the same. Please let me know what paypal address you would like to use, and if you end up having a tracking or delivery confirmation number when you ship let me know that too. Thanks, and let me know if you have any other questions.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:33 pm
by EppyT
Well sir we have a deal. 225 it is
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 pm
by Nightsbane
If we can meet in the middle at 225 you have a deal.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:02 pm
by EppyT
Since Im handling shipping 235 doesnt seem out of line.

Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:11 pm
by Nightsbane
Nope, doesn't seem rude at all, just business 8) The absolute most I feel comfortable doing right now (since a chunk of those models are doubles for me) is 200 shipped.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:42 pm
by EppyT
Im willing to haggle in price with ya but Ive got everything packed and ready to go and I dont really feel like opening up the box. and really if you were to review the price of the Cryx you would see that Im really just throwing in the mercs almost for free to be rid of them. I know it seems like a problem but you could easily trade them out for more Cryx stuff. I hope this doesnt come off as rude. I would like to do business with ya so make me an offer.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:12 pm
by Nightsbane
Subject: H: Cryx and Mercs W: Infinity or cash *pics

EppyT wrote:Okay I have the following to barter or sale. *not willing to piece out.

Cryx:
2x nightwretch
4x defilers
2x deathrippers
1x unit of bane knights 6man
3x units bane thralls 6man
3x stalkers
1x machine wraith
2x pistol wraiths
1x skarlock thrall
1x unit of mechanithralls 6 man
1x unit of bloat thralls 6man
2x slayers
1x reaper
1x Epic Goreshade

Mrecs:
8x hammerfall high shield gun corps * 2 are missing pieces
1x mangler
2 renegades
1x magnus the warlord
1x magnus the traitor

Extras
1x cryx codex
1x cryx deck

Okay what Im looking for is Infinity anything would prefer Haqqislam stuff but Ill take it all. If not Im will to let the whole lot go for $275
Paypal only

I am interested in your lot, but not at all intersted in the mercs. I know you are not wanting to part it out, but would you be willing at all to at least take off the mercs? Let me know, thanks.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So he does have a decent reference but I feel thats because he was the low man out, but I just want those who have a lesser trade to beware of selling anything to this person and I know it took me abit to post this but it took a friend and a fellow Bartertown member after me telling him the story that I should post this. Also if Im wrong for saying that this guy is a bad trader I take this down and apologize,but I dont feel Im out of line.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: BTR Nightsbane(R.L Yates)

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

A couple of things:

First:
by Nightsbane
Alright, awesome. As per Bartertown rules the person with lower feedback ships first.
I can't even tell you how many times this comes up in BTRs: there is no Bartertown Rule that the person with lower feedback ships first. Yes, it is a guideline, and yes, it is generally a recommended practice, but in the case of low ref users 6 trades vs 3 or 4 isn't a huge difference.

Second:
EppyT wrote:Ive been bartertown for a year or so but only have 6 trades (this being my 7th) and this guy had 12 in the 3 or so months that he has been with bartertown, so as obligated me having the less trades I sent my package 1st.
Had you chased your previous trade partners for refs, you might have been in the opposite position in this trade.

Third:

From a general read of the posts it looks like Nightsbane has some legit complaints.

1. The easiest to address is the matter of the cards. Though they are lists as "Extra" in your list, that's not the same as saying that they are not part of the trade goods being exchanged for sale. At no time before he receives the figs do you state that the cards are assigned no value, so I think it is fair for Nightsbane to consider them part of the lot.

2. The sender is responsible for safely packaging all items and ensuring that they arrive intact. Period. If you thought there was any chance of the Bane Knights breaking, extra extra precautions should have been taken, or Nightsbane should have been warned upfront and his consent re risk obtained. Insurance might also have been an option to cover the possibility of breakage.

Now, that's not to say I don't have any reservations--most significantly I'm curious as to why pictures of the damaged figs were not requested for confirmation. It's also a little coincidental that you got talked down to $200, which was Nightsbane's initial offer.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: BTR Nightsbane(R.L Yates) - Resolved by Nightsbane

Post by porkuslime »

Since it appears that the OP is more or less happy with Nightsbanes payment, I am changing the title to Resolved and locking this report.

If either party has further info to add, PM me or another staff member to unlock the topic.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”