BTR - mortarion / JC Payne - Resolved without Mortarion

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

thaylog ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

BTR - mortarion / JC Payne - Resolved without Mortarion

Post by thaylog »

mortarion
Jc Payne
1219 B. South 2nd Ave Sw
Tumwater Wa 98512

Mortarion responded to my post of some BA for trade. We made a deal to trade BA stuff for some Eldar stuff. We both agreed on a deal and were supposed to ship out the items. I sent my items usps with tracking (or DC) and he recieved them. He told me he had sent the items to me but was at work and unable to send me the DC for the itmes he shipped. I repeadly asked for the dc to confirm that he had indeed shiped the items. He has read a number of my emails and never responded. I never recieved the items or herd back from him.

here is our conversation. read from bottom to top

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: H:BA W:eldar [usa]

Sent: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 pm
by thaylog
well i see you have been logging in and reading the messages i have been sending you, and you still have not addressed my concerns.

i hope there is a reasonable explanation to why you have not contacted me.

I just wanted to give you one last chance to get back to me before i take actions to filing a bad trader report and mail fraud. I have read your feedback from other traders and you seem to be reputable so i will give it one last attempt for you to contact me.

-jacob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:01 pm
by thaylog
im a little concerned. you have received the items i shipped. i have not received the package or a dc number showing the package has been sent.

im hoping you will be able to send me the number so i can check the progress.

-jacob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 pm
by thaylog
hoping i could get that DC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:54 pm
by mortarion
Yep, I got it yesterday.
Im at work till 8, after i get home ill pm it to you then. Thought I sent the DC yesterday morning but checked and I didnt... Sorry about that.

Thanks
jc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:39 pm
by thaylog
any chance you could get me that tracking number?

did my stuff make it to you ok?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:08 pm
by mortarion
Yours is out also, I will pm you the DC when home from work.
Let me know when it arrives and if alls good on your end.

Thanks
Jc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:43 pm
by mortarion
I didn't get of work in time, sorry. Its ready to go tomorrow morning tho.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:23 am
by thaylog
did you get the package out yesterday?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:21 pm
by thaylog
sent it out today.

tracking:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:56 am
by mortarion
Jc Payne
1219 B. South 2nd Ave Sw
Tumwater Wa
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:16 pm
by mortarion
Gonna try my hardest to get it out tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:30 pm
by thaylog
ok sounds good. when do you think you can get it out?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:09 pm
by mortarion
My addy:

Jc Payne
1219 B. South 2nd Ave Sw
Tumwater Wa

And jin is only primed black with minor minor paint.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:36 pm
by thaylog
send me your mailing address and ill have it out tomorrow.

my address is:

Jacob Pohl
3701 colonial dr #226
modesto ca 95356
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:51 am
by thaylog
Ok, let me know. Sounds good to me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 am
by mortarion
I could do that, I believe jin is primed black with some minor paint on him ( nothing heavy) but I can't be exact till im off work.
Other than that it sounds good to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:47 am
by thaylog
no but id be interested in one of the other phoenix lords. jin zar

would you trade:

1 wave serpent NOS / unpainted
1 dire avenger
1 phoenix Lord asurmen
1 phoenix Lord Baharroth
1 phoenix Lord Fuegen
1 phoenix lord jin zar

for:

12 blood angel Terminators (x5 th/ss, x4 LC, x1 pw/sb, x2 sanguinary priest)
1 dreadnought
1 blood angel codex

straight up we each pay our own shipping. tracking number included.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:41 am
by mortarion
Unfortunately i don't have the mini rulebook. You need a eldar codex?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:21 am
by thaylog
1 wave serpent NOS / unpainted
1 dire avenger
1 phoenix Lord asurmen
1 phoenix Lord Baharroth
1 phoenix Lord Fuegen

and the mini rule book if you got it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:13 am
by mortarion
So what would you want for the BA stuff and the codex?

Thanks
Jc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote thaylog

Sent: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:21 am
by thaylog
here is a pic of the dread

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/resize7.jpg/

i dont know much about the dread, i think it has blood talons or claws of some kind. it has the lib force weapon, and a gun arm im not sure what it is. also grapple thing. the front has been magnetized to put on the three different kinds, arms pop on and off. i dont have the regular ccw / hand arms though. im only sure it can be a death company and a lib dread.

i also have a BA codex in rough shape. got some paint on it but all can be read fine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Quote mortarion

Sent: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 pm
by mortarion
I have all the eldar your looking for, guys are primed white and wave serpant is primed black.
What type of dread is it, weapons etc, any pics of it?

url=viewtopic.php?p=284290#p284290]Subject: H:BA W:eldar [usa][/url]

thaylog wrote:have:
12 blood angel Terminators (x5 th/ss, x4 LC, x1 pw/sb, x2 sanguinary priest)
1 dreadnought

2 of the terminator have been professionally painted, 2 have some paint, the rest have been base coated red.

the Dreadnought has been magnetized to be a death company dread or a lib dread. it is painted as a death company dread.

W:
im looking for a wave serpent NOS / unpainted, 1 dire avenger,phoenix Lord asurmen, phoenix Lord Baharroth, phoenix Lord Fuegen

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/resize3l.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/resize4u.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/resize2i.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/resiz
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR mortarion

Post by MagickalMemories »

Hmm.
Two BTR's in a row does NOT look good for him.
Do you have his email address?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I put that address into google:

http://philiahc.com/tumwater.aspx

Contact info:
http://philiahc.com/contactus.aspx

I don't know how much help it might do to contact the landlords there but, if they are conscientious at all, they'd be willing to help by, at least, getting a message to the house.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
thaylog ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by thaylog »

Thanks for that info eric. I'm going to contact them and see if i can get any more info.
Kintaro ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Kintaro »

Hi guys - I am involved in the other BTR with this guy and Timofeo, and I found his email...I think.

godemperer@gmail.com - this was sent to me by one of his previous trade partners.

Also, I called that property above just now and talked to the owner. He, of course, wouldn't give out a contact number, but he DID say that he had a person named PAYNE living there and it wasn't a guy. Could this JC be a girl, or he's the CHILD of the tennant?

I also called the local Tumwater police, and they said to call MY local police and report it, then have them contact the Tumwater PD. I called earlier, but my local said they'd have an officer call me back. I'm still waiting...

Kintaro
People who owe me a REF : nickthewise1, MikeC103, LanceLiesure
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Good on you for taking the bull by the horns.
I'm glad he, at least, the landlord told you what he did. I hope you thanked him profusely. That was a big thing (most keep absolutely shut about their tenants). Did you ask if he'd even deliver a message for you? Pin it to their door?

Expect to get the run around with the cops. No disrespect intended, of course. I've got HUGE amounts of respect for them. This whole thing's still kind of new to most departments and few REALLY know how to handle it properly. Don't be surprised if they tell you to call HIS local PD. It's happened before.
If that happens, insist that you called them and they said they won't do anything until YOUR PD takes the complaint and calls them. Insist that they take the complaint. Go to THEIR supervisor, if you have to.

What I would do:
1) Call HIS PD back and ask who YOUR PD should contact (name and phone #). If you can't get a name, get a dept. Make sure they give you a number to call, though.
2) Call your PD and file the report. Make sure you give them the name & # from above. Get a name and number (if in person, try to get a business card) for the person taking the report. ASK when they will be calling the other PD. Get them to commit to something as specific as possible.
3) The day AFTER they say they'll call the other PD, YOU CALL the other PD to see if they called. If not, call your PD back and pressure the guy who took your report.
4) Rinse and repeat, as necessary.
5) Once you determine that YOUR PD has contacted HIS PD, call HIS PD and find out when they will be acting on the complaint. Pressure them for a time commitment as much as possible.

When pressuring the police for time commitments, make sure they understand that you know how musy they are. thank them profusely for their time and effort. Be sincere. Make sure they understand how easy this stuff is to sell off, however, and try to getthem to act as swiftly as possible. After all (and it wouldn't hurt to says something like this), you're more concerned about receiving what you are due than you are about seeing them punished.

Hope that helps.

Eric

Xyon ( 12 )
New Trader

Post by Xyon »

I had arranged a trade with Mortarion as well. I'm just hoping something happened to the person rather than him purposefully ripping people off, but it seems increasingly likely, I do have a phone number from him, [ADMIN EDIT - Foul, dude. Seriously]. I figure I'll call tomorrow to see whats up.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

If you arranged a trade and sent your half but have not received yours, you may have a complaint.

Regardless, though, that is not what BTR threads are for. They should contain only information applicable specifically to the complaint at hand.
...and especially not the phone number.

Thank you.

Eric

Xyon ( 12 )
New Trader

Post by Xyon »

woops, sorry. I just thought if the other memebers who were looking to contact him wanted his number, that I could post it. Maybe a PM would be better idea.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Yeah. PM would be fine.
Even in the case of BTR's, we don't post phone numbers publicly. Pretty much everything else is fair game, though.

Eric

thaylog ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by thaylog »

I received a number from a fellow member here on barter town. i tried calling him and a guy named chad answered and said i had the wrong number. I don't know if it was him or not seeing how i don't know what the JC stands for. Not sure where to go next on this.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I didn't keep the phone # before editing it. PM it to me?

Thanks.

Eric

Stad ( 34 )
New Trader

Post by Stad »

I too am involved with this, but I am hoping with concerned effort we will at least get our stuff back.

- I tried to contact him by Texting (what all the hip kids do these days) asking I needed to talk to Jc and help him and got this text back

"This is his phone. But he wont be out for around 2-3 weeks still. Who is this and how can I help you?"

I sent a msg that was not responsed too, but that he needed to address the trades he did.
Kintaro ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Kintaro »

Hey Eric thanks for the advice on how to handle things with the police. I was as polite as ever could be with the landlord, and while careful, he seemed miffed that some potential crime could have been commited on one of his properties.

And now I wonder if maybe this might not even be his house, but maybe his MOTHER'S place, or somesuch.

As in the other thread, I am to call back this phone number tonight, as the guy on the other end - "Craig", he identified himself as - would be seeing JC at the Jail today and trying to sort this all out either today or tomorrow.

I'll update late tonight, if I can get him on the phone again.
People who owe me a REF : nickthewise1, MikeC103, LanceLiesure
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Kintaro wrote:Hey Eric thanks for the advice on how to handle things with the police. I was as polite as ever could be with the landlord, and while careful, he seemed miffed that some potential crime could have been commited on one of his properties.

And now I wonder if maybe this might not even be his house, but maybe his MOTHER'S place, or somesuch.

As in the other thread, I am to call back this phone number tonight, as the guy on the other end - "Craig", he identified himself as - would be seeing JC at the Jail today and trying to sort this all out either today or tomorrow.

I'll update late tonight, if I can get him on the phone again.
Glad to help.
The landlord's reaction is one that you hope for. If he's feelig helpful, maybe he'll stop by to chat with the residents about the "unusual phone calls" he's been getting.

I suspect that "Craig" or "Chad" will have spoken with "JC" and have some news for you... especially if you happen to let slip that you called the landlord at the residence that "JC" used to receive his shipments.

Eric

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”