BTR - RxGhost - Resolved.

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

BTR - RxGhost - Resolved.

Post by Tooze »

1) Introduction:

I initially entered into talks with RxGhost to trade some Privateer Press Khador and Retribution miniatures for his collection of Tomb Kings on May 18th. As you can read below, we went back and forth haggling a bit until we reached a mutually agreed upon deal. I shipped out my half of the trade on June 1st with USPS, tracking number is 03103490000223260162. The tracking information shows that the package was delivered on the 3rd. On the 8th I was able to reach him through another member on this site, Leth, and received a message from him asking for my return address. Since that last message I have not heard a thing from him. His last online time as of today was June 8th. I sent multiple messages to him since, and even tried going through his friend Leth again, but its been another week with no response. I checked over his references and realized I should have been weary from the start, but live and learn.

2) Proof: Messages from RxGhost are in Red with messages I sent in Blue.

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm
by RxGhost

I've got a tomb king army and a few boxes of unopened stuff, is there anything in particular you're looking for?

I'd be interested in:
Winterguard Mortar Crew
Assault Kommandos Blister x2
Assault Kommando Flame Thrower
Man Hunter Variant
Man O War Kovnik
Harbringer
2010 High Reclaimer
Attendant Priest x1
Vassal of Menoth

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 9:04 pm
by Tooze

The following items are still available. I've set them aside at the moment for you. What sort of boxes do you have new/unopened? I'm starting fresh so I need just about anything Tomb Kings related except for the book.

Assault Kommandos Blister x2
Assault Kommando Flame Thrower
2010 High Reclaimer
Attendant Priest x1
Vassal of Menoth
Scourge of Heresy Upgrade kit
Choir of Menoth blister

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 9:17 pm
by RxGhost

Quick question: does the choir blister have the unit leader in it?

I've got (assembled and unpainted)

1 Tomb King on Foot
1 Tomb King on Chariot
1 Liche Priest on Skeleton Steed
1 Liche Priest on Foot
12 Skeleton Heavy Cavalry
6 Skeleton Horsemen w/Bows
20 Skeleton Warriors w/Command
10 Skeleton Bowmen
5 Tomb King Chariots
1 Casket of Souls

and one box, unopened Tomb King Skeleton Warriors. I've also got the whole thing in foam and a Sabol Army Transport.

As you can see, this was the core of the army. I expected to get some of the more exotic and varied specials and rares further down the road but I just never really got off the ground with these guys...I've been painting too much of my museum lizardmen.

Scourge of Heresy Upgrade kit
Choir of Menoth blister

I know a few of those were listed as pending, but I thought I'd put my name down for them anyways.[/color]

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 9:48 pm
by Tooze

Choir blister is just the two boys themselves. Are any of the tomb king horsemen metal? I just started so I don't really have any idea about their minis... I'd be interested in the lot of the army if you'd be willing to part with it. I've got the item you were interested in and could supplement that with additional models or cash as needed.

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 10:32 pm
by RxGhost

Yeah, these are all the current edition horsemen so they're plastic as well.

At second glance, it does look like I painted some of the guys, a few characters and about half the heavy horsemen. They look good, but I wouldn't want anything extra for the paint job in the trade.

So I counted up everything retail to retail, and it was:

1 Tomb King on Foot
1 Tomb King on Chariot
1 Liche Priest on Skeleton Steed
1 Liche Priest on Foot
12 Skeleton Heavy Cavalry
6 Skeleton Horsemen w/Bows
20 Skeleton Warriors w/Command
10 Skeleton Bowmen
5 Tomb King Chariots
1 Casket of Souls
1 Skeleton Warrior Regiment

...and is about 325 USD.

2 Assault Kommandos Blister
1 Assault Kommando Flame Thrower
1 2010 High Reclaimer
1 Attendant Priest
1 Vassal of Menoth
1 Scourge of Heresy Upgrade kit
1 Choir of Menoth blister
1 Eseverius
1 Myrmidon Kit
1 Stormfall Archers

...which was about 170 USD. If you want to buy the rest, I'll sell them to you for 50% off retail which is like, 80 bucks.

I figured that you're looking to get rid of all the stuff on your list, and I have a friend who plays Retribution so I can swap some figs with him, and I'd love to paint the eSeverius even if I don't plan on using him...that model is so sweet.

If you want the case and foam, I can throw that in for another 50 bucks. No joke, the case is incredible, it's this one: http://www.saboldesigns.net/armytransport.html and I already cut the foam for the figures I have, plus the layers I hadn't even gotten to yet.

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 10:41 pm
by Tooze

Well I do have some built Khador and Retribution stuff if you'd be interested to help maybe bring that 80.00 down on my end.
I've got a full unit of Halbridiers, Mage Hunter Unit, A Scyrir solo, Garyth, Skarathessian (or however you spell it), Discordia, a Hydra, and a Chimera. I've got a bunch of Khador stuff too, couple extra Jacks if youd be interested. I think Torch, 2 devastators, maybe a demolisher.... A unit of grey lords, widow makers, and kayazy...

These are all built, I think maybe two of the Khador Jacks are primed. I didnt list them yet because all the other items were new.... anything there your interested in?

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 10:52 pm
by RxGhost

Yeah, give me a list of all the Khador stuff you'd be willing to trade. I'd definitely be interested in some of those.

Is the torch built or is it just the conversion kit?

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 11:14 pm
by Tooze

Torch is built. I can give you a better idea of what the Khador stuff is on Friday... I've got to root through my bag and see what I've got.

Sent: Wed May 18, 2011 11:23 pm
by RxGhost

Sounds good, I'll just keep this stuff set aside for you until I hear back from ya.

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 9:42 am
by Tooze

Ok I've got a Torch built, two Devastators and a destroyer left. Not much is left of my Khador army Jack wise....

I've got some Kayazy too, two full units because I was planning on running Zerkova's Theme list.

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 pm
by RxGhost

Throw in the four jacks and you've got a deal.

Sent: Tue May 24, 2011 10:54 am
by Tooze

Ran into a bit of problem. Looks like I sold the Mrymidon kit and the Attendant priest to someone and in the confusion of all the emails mislabled the sale.

I could offer you another Assault Kommando flamethrower blister in place of the attendant priest and I have an assembled Hydra or Discordia if that would take the place of the Myrmidon kit. Otherwise, I can pay the difference. Let me know what you'd like to do. Everything else is boxed and ready to go!

Sent: Thu May 26, 2011 12:00 pm
by RxGhost

Sure, that's fine. The Kommando an either of those jacks are okay with me.

Sent: Tue May 31, 2011 11:40 am
by Tooze

Alright, everything is boxed up and ready to go. Whats the address?

Sent: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm
by RxGhost

Dur, I always forget that part:

Ryan M***
Ann Arbor, MI, 48108

Sent: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm
by Tooze

Should get to you by friday.

tracking is 03103490000223260162

usps priority

Sent: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 pm
by Tooze

Just checking to see if everything came in and arrived in good shape.

Sent: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:43 pm
by Tooze

Hey man,

Just wondering whats going on, haven't heard from you in a while. Please get back to me soon.

Sent: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:53 am
by RxGhost

I'll need your address again, I can't seem to find the box you sent your stuff in.

Sent: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:58 am
by Tooze

Steven T****
Dover DE 19901

Please add delivery confirmation too.

Sent: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 am
by Tooze

If you haven't sent them yet I'd like to get insurance for the shipment too, what 400? 300? Just let me know how much extra it is and I'll send you the amount.

Re: H:Khador, Menoth, Retribution W: Paypal, Tomb Kings
Sent: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:30 pm
by Tooze

Any chance you've shipped yet?

3) Supporting Information

Here is the delivery confirmation number showing that the package I sent was shipped and delivered: 0310 3490 0002 2326 0162

Here is the USPS line by line record:

Expected Delivery Date: June 3, 2011
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 11:22 am on June 03, 2011 in ANN ARBOR, MI 48108.
Detailed Results:

Delivered, June 03, 2011, 11:22 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Out for Delivery, June 03, 2011, 8:28 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Sorting Complete, June 03, 2011, 8:18 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Arrival at Post Office, June 03, 2011, 7:14 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Processed through Sort Facility, June 02, 2011, 7:17 pm, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
Processed through Sort Facility, June 02, 2011, 12:46 am, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116
Acceptance, June 01, 2011, 2:25 pm, CAMDEN WYOMING, DE 19934

Here is his address:

Ryan Marx
3621 Partridge Path Apt #6
Ann Arbor, MI, 48108

Here is the google map of said address:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Par ... 27874&z=16

4) Follow Through

Just put this up today. I will be contacting the local police department tomorrow after work and then going to the post office. I will post what happens with both organizations tomorrow.
Trade Policies:
I ship within 1-2 Business days of payment. Please do the same.
I try to communicate when trading at least once every three days. Please do the same.
If I have not heard from you in seven days, any items I am reserving/holding for you will be available for general sale again.
Any questions? Problems? Please PM me here as the email goes right to my phone. I may not be able to respond right away, but I will read it and get back to you ASAP
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR - RxGhost

Post by MagickalMemories »

I sent multiple messages to him since, and even tried going through his friend Leth again, but its been another week with no response.
I'm not trying to put any responsibility on Leth. Just looking for clarification.
What happened with Leth the second time? Was he unsuccessful, or did you not have any luck getting a response from let that time?

Also, there are FBI and USPS links in IronHide's signature line that you should use.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
The Grey Knight ( 20 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by The Grey Knight »

Here did have this BTR from last week, someone else posted in it that seemed to have a way to contact him.

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=139901
Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

MagickalMemories wrote:
I sent multiple messages to him since, and even tried going through his friend Leth again, but its been another week with no response.
I'm not trying to put any responsibility on Leth. Just looking for clarification.
What happened with Leth the second time? Was he unsuccessful, or did you not have any luck getting a response from let that time?

Also, there are FBI and USPS links in IronHide's signature line that you should use.

Eric
thanks for the advice Eric. Leth knows him in the real world and i guess was able to prod him into action for me. Ill look into the fbi and usps links
Trade Policies:
I try to communicate when trading at least once every three days. Please do the same.
If I have not heard from you in seven days, any items I am reserving/holding for you will be available for general sale again.
Any questions? Problems? Please PM me here as the email goes right to my phone. I may not be able to respond right away, but I will read it and get back to you ASAP
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

But what about the second time? Was leth unsuccessful the second time, or were you unable to get a hold of leth the second attempt?

Thanks.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

MagickalMemories wrote:But what about the second time? Was leth unsuccessful the second time, or were you unable to get a hold of leth the second attempt?

Thanks.

Eric
I sent him a message a second time, but he has not logged on since Mon 13th.

Sent: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:06 pm
To: leth

Hey I hate to ask you again and put you in a bad place with your friend, but could you please poke RxGhost for me again? Its been almost another week since I've heard from him. Please give him my number, 302-***-**** and ask him to call me to work out the shipping. If you could pass along my information I'd appreciate it.

"Steven Tooze
Dover DE 19901
302-***-****
Please Insure the package for 300 and add delivery confirmation. I will pay for these services via paypal once I receive the package. Thanks! -Steve"

Thanks to The Grey Knight I was able to locate an email address for RxGhost and sent the following message: rashiel@mindspring.com

Checking to see the status of the Tomb Kings trade. Trying to contact you via multiple methods to get an idea of whats going on. If you’ve lost my information here it is again:

"Steven Tooze
Dover DE 19901
302-***-****
Please Insure the package for 300 and add delivery confirmation. I will pay for these services via paypal once I receive the package. Thanks! -Steve"

Please give me a call when you get this so we can get it sorted out

Will keep looking and trying alternate channels to reach him.
Trade Policies:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Okay.
That's cool.

Not that leth is doing anything wrong, of course.
This way, however, you've clearly documented everything you've done.

Eric

leth ( 352 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by leth »

Yep I don't like to respond until I have talked to him about it, message was sent this morning.

He got the package back with a bad address from the post office, he is going to check it against the address he got and deal with it beyond then
USA

My prices/trades are just estimates, I do not know the going rate. If you want to know sooner, send me a offer.

Just started my painting blog. To keep myself painting mostly
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

leth wrote:Yep I don't like to respond until I have talked to him about it, message was sent this morning.

He got the package back with a bad address from the post office, he is going to check it against the address he got and deal with it beyond then
Cool.
Thanks for the update.
I really appreciate what you're doing for the people in here!

Eric

Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

leth wrote:Yep I don't like to respond until I have talked to him about it, message was sent this morning.

Thanks Leth for getting in touch with him. My main issue with RxGhost is the lack of communication on his part. I haven't heard a word from him. I've provided my phone number, an alternate email address, and sent numerous PMs here on bartertown. If he did send the package and got it back with a bad address label from the post office, why not contact me to verify the address? If he is going to send it out again I really wish he would notify me at the very least.... and extend me the same courtesy and get delivery confirmation from the package.
Trade Policies:
Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

For the package rather...
Trade Policies:
Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

As of today I still have not heard anything more from Ryan. I have submitted claims with both the FBI internet crime center and the USPS postal inspectors office. I will be contacting the local police department tomorrow.

Thanks to Eric for pointing me to Ironhide's signature for the links, and to Ironhide for making them readily available. I will post any responses I get from either department

FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx
Trade Policies:
Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

It was recommended to me that I file a suit against Ryan in this case. I've got the paperwork all ready to go. Ryan, I will be taking the paperwork into the court tomorrow. If you'd like to avoid this please give me a call. I've PM'd you my number numerous times. If I don't hear from you by this time tomorrow I will proceed with the suit. I will post the details and what not for the community to view tomorrow.
Trade Policies:
Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

Received this message from Leth Wednesday. I certainly hope its accurate and I can put this whole mess behind me. I did send him a message asking for the tracking number but have not heard back anything from him so we shall see... In any case I've got the paper work for the small claims suit filled out and ready to go if need be.

Sent: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:43 pm
by leth

I personally mailed out the package today, I will get you the tracking number later today once I get home. He included a transport case with foam already fitted to the army for you as an apology. Should be there before the end of the week
Trade Policies:
Tooze ( 86 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Tooze »

Box has arrived. Checked everything over, looks fine... Casket of Souls is missing its two guardians and the keeper, but I can make it work. BTR is resolved at this point. Thanks to everyone for their assistance in this, especially Leth and Magickal Memories
Trade Policies:

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”