BTR - RxGhost - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR - RxGhost - Resolved

Post by starship trooper »

O.K. I'm pretty new to bartertown but I know things arnt supposed to go like this. I thought I should do this and another member pm'ed me and said I should do it. So here it goes. I posted a bunch of Warmachine here on barter town......
me wrote:by starship trooper » Thu May 19, 2011 10:51 pm

I have a real nice size Cryx army with book and Mk II cards for all models and some Circle of Orbo stuff as well. I'm looking for a fair paypal offer, some guitar stuff and or some Ork 40K stuff.

here is what I have...

Goreshade the Cursed

1 reaper
1 stalker
1 nightmare
2 ripjaw
1 death riper

10 mechanithralls
1 necrosurgeon (with her three body snatchers)
1 capt Rengrave
1 warwitch siren
1 Pistol Wraith

1 Cryx army book

I also have a small Circle army but do not have the MK II cards I have

1 Warpwolf
1 Kaya
3 Argus light war beasts
1 Lord of the Feas

Thanks for looking!
Then he sent me a message telling me he wanted all my warmachine stuff. We then agreed that I should pick $330ish and he would paypal me $13 to send him my stuff.
Here are the pm's back and forth
pm's wrote:
Re: (H) Cryx + Circle (W) $$$ Guitar stuff or Ork 40K

Sent: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 pm
by starship trooper

hay bro a little botherd by not haveing this stuff... here is the email chain again and my addy

Jeramie Jackson
3929 County Road 46
Canandaigua, NY 14424

The list of things you owe me is in this email chain and on your posting to trade that you put up a week ago.

Please get back to me asap. phone 585-[Admin Redacted - You should never post your own forum publicly online]

Sent: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:14 pm
by starship trooper

Any word? I havent heard anything from you... Let me know. Thanks.

Jeramie

Sent: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:16 am
by starship trooper

Hay there hope your enjoying the Warmachine stuff! Could I get a confrimation # on the Orks? Thanks. Hope you had a good holiday weekend.

Jeramie

Sent: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm
by RxGhost

I might not be able to get it out until Saturday. If my wife is working days, which she probably is, I'll need to stay home to take care of my 6 month old twins...and usually by then there's not enough time to get there before they close. I'll see what I can do though.

Sent: Wed May 25, 2011 12:37 pm
by starship trooper

Hay man your stuff when out this morning! Any chance you will get the orks out today or tomorw? That way my son and I could get some painting in this weekend! If so that would be epicaly huge!

Tracking - USPS Priority 03103200000094529756

Have a great day!

Jeramie

Sent: Mon May 23, 2011 12:33 am
by starship trooper

O.K. so I'll send you all the cryx and circle stuff as listed and pictured here on barter town and you will send back

6 killa kans 84
5 Commandos 37.25
4 Tank Busters+ 1 Nob w/ 2 bomb squigs 37.25
Battlewagon w/ deffrolla 70
War Trukk 25
Snikrot 16
Codex 29
3 burna boys 12
1 Pain Boy 10
2 plastic nobs 10
Total 330

My address is

Jeramie Jackson
3929 County Road 46
Canandaigua, NY 14424

Its been great chatting and I look forward to finishing up this trade.

Jeramie

Sent: Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 pm
by RxGhost

It's:

Ryan Marx
3621 Partridge Path Apt #6
Ann Arbor, MI, 48108

Sent: Sun May 22, 2011 10:19 pm
by starship trooper

Great got it! I'm gonna send out your stuff tomorow. I'm splitting this stuff with my 8 year old son and he is jumping threw the roof for some killa kans commandos... He already asked me today if they were here yet! lol it doesnt really get how Bartertown works.

Did I get your address?

Thanks again,
Jeramie

Sent: Sun May 22, 2011 7:39 pm
by RxGhost

I sent 13 over to cover delivery conformation/tracking thing just now, let me know when you receive it.

Sent: Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 am
by starship trooper

Allright this is what Im thinking... If its ok with you then just paypal me $12 to buttrflykisses81@yahoo.com and when I get it I'll ship out your stuff. What I would like is as follows

6 killa kans 84
5 Commandos 37.25
4 Tank Busters+ 1 Nob w/ 2 bomb squigs 37.25
Battlewagon w/ deffrolla 70
War Trukk 25
Snikrot 16
Codex 29
3 burna boys 12
1 Pain Boy 10
2 plastic nobs 10
Total 330

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
Jeramie

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 9:49 pm
by RxGhost

Sure, 330ish is fine...I've got lots of Orks. lol

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 9:45 pm
by starship trooper

thanks bro thats huge! Since were doing "retial" value I'll double the $12 shipping and only pick $326 dollars worth... Sound fair?

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 pm
by RxGhost

I'm okay with that.

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 6:18 pm
by starship trooper

I would love to swing a deal with you. Any chance I could get you to back some dollar value out of my side and send me paypal just enough so I can ship you your stuff? I'm a father of 4 and were buying a house next month and scrapeing every penny togeather we can. Don't think the wife would take kindly to me spending monay on "more mini's I'm never going to use!"

Let me know. Shouldnt be more then 11 or 12 bucks to ship all your stuff.

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 4:06 pm
by RxGhost

Yes, they are both separate kits. The battlewagon itself is actually really big, not that the trucks are small.

The conversion hit is this one here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... prod30013a and it has the big gun and the deffrolla vehicle upgrades, it's like 13 bucks.

The deffrolla goes on the front of the battlewagon and turns everything in front of it into spaghetti sauce...even other vehicles. It's like, d6 Str 10 attacks when it tank shocks or rams.

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 1:13 pm
by starship trooper

Ok I really want the battle wagon... I see its 62 bucks on gw.com but what is the Deffrolla Conversion Kit? Also (I'm new to Orks so be nice) the ork trukk is totally diffrent so I could get both from you right? I don't have to turn the trukk into the battlewagon? Let me know I think were going to have a good trade on our hands.

Sent: Sat May 21, 2011 12:04 pm
by RxGhost

Should read as: quantity, model, trade value per model

1 Ork Codex $29.00
1 Warboss w/Kombi Scorcha & Attack Squig $20.00
1 Warboss w/Twin Linked Shoota & Power Klaw $10.00
1 Snikrot (Kommando Special Character) $16.00
12 Kommandos (2 Nobs, 2 Burnas) $7.45
12 Tank Bustas (2 Nobs, 2 Tank Hammers) $7.45
4 Bomb Squigs $3.00 (I'll include 2 of these free per 5 Tankbusta n'Nob)
15 Burna Boys (Metal) $4.00
6 Deffkopta w/Twin Linked Rokkits $5.00
3 Deffkopta w/Twin Linked Big Shootas $5.00
2 Bikers (New Ones) $10.00
13 Bikers (Previous Edition) $5.00
13 Nobs (Plastic) $5.00
4 Nobs (Metal) $10.00
1 Nob Painboy $10.00
44 Ork Boyz $2.50
25 Choppa Boyz $1.50 http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1160160
3 Shoota Boyz $2.50
2 Ard Boys $2.50
6 Stikkbombas' $2.50
6 Boyz w/Big Shootas $1.50
1 Deff Dread (New Plastic one) $50.00
6 Killa Kans (Metal) $14.00
1 Battlewagon & Deffrolla Conversion Kit $70.00
1 Ork Trukk $25.00 I don't know if I have the original drivers for this, but I can just include some other models that can take the wheel.

The prices are all just from the GW website, though I have reduced some of them. For example, the metal kans used to be 22 bucks a piece, but the new plastic set is 3 for 45.

Choppa boyz are the pistol/close combat weapon, shoota boyz have been assembled with guns, ard boyz with extra plating and do-dads and the "Ork Boyz" haven't been assembled, so you can do whatever you wanted with them (Psst, make them shoota boyz).

If you do want the battlewagon, I'm not willing to separate the conversion kit from it and vice versa, but I have included the conversion kit at half price. All this is unimportant though, if you put a battlewagon down on the table, it should have the deffrolla...it's just too good to not use, lol.

Sent: Fri May 20, 2011 7:56 pm
by starship trooper

If you could send me your list again with $ amounts and I'll put togeather $350 worth.

Sent: Fri May 20, 2011 5:09 pm
by RxGhost

Usually I trade retail to retail. I counted up your Cryx & Orboros stuff and it came out to be about 350 bucks retail (I can post the list with the totals if you want). Assuming you wanted to get rid of all of it at once, just count up 350 bucks worth of orks and we just ship them out to each other. If you just want to trade the Cryx (that's what I'm most interested in, but I'll take the circle too if you don't want it) it's like 270. Let me know what you want to do.

If you want, I can even put together an army for you with the value.

Sent: Fri May 20, 2011 4:15 pm
by starship trooper

You have my attention. What do you have in mind?

Sent: Fri May 20, 2011 1:15 pm
by RxGhost

I've got some Ork stuff:

1 Ork Codex
1 Warboss w/Kombi Scorcha & Attack Squig
1 Warboss w/Twin Linked Shoota & Power Klaw
1 Snikrot (Kommando Special Character)
12 Kommandos (2 Nobs, 2 Burnas)
12 Tank Bustas (2 Nobs, 2 Tank Hammers)
4 Bomb Squigs
15 Burna Boys (Metal)
6 Deffkopta w/Twin Linked Rokkits
3 Deffkopta w/Twin Linked Big Shootas
2 Bikers (New Ones)
13 Bikers (Previous Edition)
13 Nobs (Plastic)
4 Nobs (Metal)
1 Nob Painboy
44 Ork Boyz
25 Choppa Boyz
3 Shoota Boyz
2 Ard Boys
6 Stikkbombas'
6 Boyz w/Big Shootas
1 Deff Dread (New Plastic one)
6 Killa Kans (Metal)
1 Battlewagon & Deffrolla Conversion Kit
1 Ork Trukk

I'd be interested in your Cryx army.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is the paypal transaction were he sent me shipping $.........

Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID # 95J08364RS7860007)

Sent by:
Ryan Marx (The sender of this payment is Verified)
Buyer email:
rashiel@mindspring.com
Payment sent to:

buttrflykisses81@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount received:
$13.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$13.00 USD

Date:
May 22, 2011
Time:
16:38:42 PDT
Completed

Subject:
You've got money!
Note:
B-town united!
Payment type:
Instant

I then sent out his stuff 2 days later..... he then received it just 5 days from sending me the $ and agreeing to do the deal. Here is the proof.

Label/Receipt Number: 0310 3200 0000 9452 9756
Expected Delivery Date: May 27, 2011
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 10:41 am on May 27, 2011 in ANN ARBOR, MI 48108.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, May 27, 2011, 10:41 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Out for Delivery, May 27, 2011, 8:33 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Sorting Complete, May 27, 2011, 8:23 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Arrival at Post Office, May 27, 2011, 5:26 am, ANN ARBOR, MI 48108
Processed through Sort Facility, May 26, 2011, 11:15 pm, ALLEN PARK, MI 48101
Processed through Sort Facility, May 25, 2011, 5:45 pm, ROCHESTER, NY 14606
Acceptance, May 25, 2011, 9:23 am, CANANDAIGUA, NY 14424

I told him I sent them and gave him the confrimation # and he said he would mail out his end on the upcoming saterday 5/28. That was the last I've heard from him but on that saterday he did post this to bartertown.com and with in it was many of the things I just mailed him.
RxGhost wrote: by RxGhost » Sat May 28, 2011 3:03 pm

I'm looking for a few more things to finish up some Warmachine lists. If you don't have anything I'm looking for, I'm selling at 40% off of the retail price for most things if you want to buy.

----WANTS----
~~~~~~

---HAVES---

CRYX
1 Cryx Book
1 Cryx Faction Deck
1 Goreshade the Cursed
1 pDenegra
2 Nightmare
1 Reaper
1 Slayer
1 Stalker
3 Ripjaw
3 Deathripper
1 Defiler
2 Nightwretch
10 Mechanithralls
1 Necrosurgeon w/3 Bodyguard
1 Capt. Rengrave
1 Warwitch Siren
2 Pistol Wraith

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a lot of 40K stuff, pm me for a more detailed list.

PS: I think I have a trade or two pending that I lost the information on when I cleaned house on my trade list; if you currently have a trade with me and I haven't sent you stuff, let me know what's up.
I've sent him messages and have not heard back the last time he was on bartertown was Wens. June 10th.

Can’t believe I'm supposed to find out he lost my info by reading it in a posting from him relisting my stuff I just sent him.

I have since found more than one case of him taking forever to mail out stuff and always giving some excuse about how busy he was and how he is so sorry.... If this isn’t a bad trader I don't know what is. Worst part is I told him this was for my son and I to paint and play together (he is 8) and now I have to explain to him why we are waiting and possibly won’t get the stuff at all.
~ We receive all we venture to give...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR - RxGhost

Post by MagickalMemories »

Fixed your [ quote] tags to work. Also redacted your phone number out of the message.

You need to leave the appropriate reference.

Note that his "P.S" about losing information doesn't support him, as you've contacted him THREE TIMES since then.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

what do you mean by reference? And is there anything more I can do to try to get compinsated or at least my stuff back? Some have mentioned "mail fraud"... At this point he got just over $350 worth of warmachine the he didnt pay for. Is that stealing?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

starship trooper wrote:what do you mean by reference?
See the tab at the top of the board that says "Post a Reference?" That's where you leave references for trades.
Hopefully, you've done that for the people you've been trading with already since, according to your current ref score, you've received positive references from 4 traders (each positive reference is worth +2 and a negative is worth -10. Neutrals are worth 0).
I'm saying you need to leave him a reference reflecting how pleased you are with the trade.
starship trooper wrote:And is there anything more I can do to try to get compinsated or at least my stuff back?
You have a couple options.
1) Email him (PM me for his email address)
2) Check the BTR threads on him to see if anyone found a phone number for him or way to contact him. Try to get ahold of him that way.
3) You can file charges, but I'd hold off. It's like him to be delayed, but not like him to NOT send his stuff.
starship trooper wrote:Some have mentioned "mail fraud"... At this point he got just over $350 worth of warmachine the he didnt pay for. Is that stealing?
Mail fraud and a small claims suit are options but, at this point, you'd be putting the cart before the horse. Approach it as him being delinquent in his duties and not as him trying to steal your stuff, since it's far more likely that is what's going on.

Eric

P.S. I'm PMing and Emailing RX now.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
dacs2684 ( 76 )
BTown Regular

Post by dacs2684 »

I had a similar issue. You can pm me if you'd like. He eventually fulfilled his end, just took a while. Not saying that it's okay but don't lose hope.
Lower rating ships first.
I always use USPS First class shipping with delivery confirmation and respectfully ask the other trader involved does the same.
I'm pretty easy going so if something comes up, let me know and we can work out the situation.
So with that being said....let's barter!
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

RxGhost has sent me a PM and said "its on its way" but did not give a DC # so we will see. I think the hardest part would be explaining to my 8 year old son that we got the shaft since we traded the warmachine that we bought to geather. I'm really hopeing he pulls through and I can keep the hope alive. thanks every one.
starship trooper ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader

Well got my stuff. Made late, poorly packed and poor communication all the way to the end. I got my sutff so I'm happy but this was a train wrek of a trade.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Closing up the thread and moving to resolved.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”