BTR - AngelXD19 - Resolved thru Paypal

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

crazybaldhead ( 50 )
Trade Novice

BTR - AngelXD19 - Resolved thru Paypal

Post by crazybaldhead »

On 3/4/11, I PMed AngelXD19 about Orcs and Goblins he had for sale. We agreed that I would pay him $100 for a large portion of the night goblins he listed and he would ship them to me. We agreed to the deal on 3/5/2011, I requested an invoice from PayPal, and he said that he would ship them at the end of that week, no later than 3/10/11.

On 3/8/11, I receivd a PM that "family issues came up" and he hadn't had a chance to sent the invoice and asked that I send payment to jus8alahabra@yahoo.com, which I did immediately.

He shipped them on 3/11/11, and I received them on 3/17/11. The shipment was missing 37 night goblins. I triple checked the count. I PMed him to let him know about the descrepancy on 3/17, and he responded on 3/19 that he would send them right away, no later than 3/22.

That's the last I heard from him. Since then, I PMed him three times (still in my outbox; so, he hasn't read them) and emailed him twice with no response.

The following are the PMs sent between us along with two unaswered emails that I sent to him:
crazybaldhead Sent: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:08 pm wrote:Subject: H O&G, current codexes W $$$

I'm looking at starting a gobbo army and am asking prices for the following:

ORCS & GOBLINS

nightgoblin boss with great weapon-primed black
night goblin shaman-primed black
goblin boss on wolf-painted
1 goblin shaman- 1painted the other is not
15 goblins with bows- only command is painted the rest are primed black
lots of skull pass night goblins- there is about 300 or so. in many different stages
10 fantatics- different stages
10 goblin wolf riders- painted
AngelXD19 Sent: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:01 pm wrote:just letting you know i actually have the fanatics and 90 skull pass goblins pending right now.. but for the rest of the stuff i can do 95 that's including shipping if you are in the us. that price is not final maybe we can work something out if you can't do that.
crazybaldhead Sent: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:03 am wrote:Throw in the Giant, and make it $100 and you've got a deal.

Full details proposed:

nightgoblin boss with great weapon-primed black
night goblin shaman-primed black
goblin boss on wolf-painted
1 goblin shaman- 1painted the other is not
15 goblins with bows- only command is painted the rest are primed black
lots of skull pass night goblins- there is about 210 or so. in many different stages
10 goblin wolf riders- painted
giant-painted

All for $100 including shipping. Let me know if you're good with this. I'd prefer to pay via PayPal if that's an option for you. If you're agreeable to this, this will be my first deal on Bartertown in over 10 years. It's good to be back.

Also, let me know if your other deal on the fanatics and 90 BfSP gobbos falls through. I'd still be interested in those as well.

Thanx!

Rick
AngelXD19 Sent: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:42 am wrote:sure that will work for me
crazybaldhead Sent: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:53 amm wrote:Terriffic!

Can you accept PayPal payments? If so, please send me an invoice/request to rickdenny@hotmail.com, and I'll pay it as soon as I receive it.

Otherwise, let me know how you would like payment.

Thanx!
AngelXD19 Sent: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:32 pm wrote:cool.

i can do paypal.

just a heads up i might not be able to ship the stuff till wednesday thrusday the latest. i hope that is not a problem
crazybaldhead Sent: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:03 pm wrote:Not a problem at all. Go ahead and send the invoice :]
AngelXD19 Sent: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:01 pm wrote:sorry i haven't sent the thing. family issues came up. is it possible for you to sent the thing instead to help speed things up

jus8alahabra@yahoo.com

i have everything ready for shipping so i need your mailing address and get the stuff out as soon as i can
crazybaldhead Sent: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:16 pm wrote:Hope all is well with the family.

I just submitted payment via PayPal. My mailing address is:

Richard Denny
[Admin Edit]

Please let me know when you ship, and I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives.

Thanx!

Rick
crazybaldhead Sent: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:44 pm wrote:
AngelXD19 wrote:i have everything ready for shipping so i need your mailing address and get the stuff out as soon as i can
Any idea of when you'll be shipping?

Thanx,

Rick
AngelXD19 Sent: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:18 pm wrote:shipped them out earlier today actually. in a slight rush but they should be there by late next week.
crazybaldhead Sent: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:58 am wrote:
AngelXD19 wrote:shipped them out earlier today actually. in a slight rush but they should be there by late next week.
Awesome! I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thanx,

Rick
crazybaldhead Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:08 pm wrote:I received the shipment today, and most of the items were accounted for. There were only 173 of the "210 or so" of the night goblins; so, it was short 37 night goblins.

Please let me know how you would like to resolve this discrepancy.

Thanx,

Rick
AngelXD19 Sent: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 am wrote:ok i was wondering where the extra goblins i had went to. sorry about that.i guess i forgot to put them in or something. i will ship out the last of the goblins to you right away. so on monday afternoon or tuesday morning. once again sorry
crazybaldhead Sent: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 am wrote:
AngelXD19 wrote:ok i was wondering where the extra goblins i had went to. sorry about that.i guess i forgot to put them in or something. i will ship out the last of the goblins to you right away. so on monday afternoon or tuesday morning. once again sorry
No worries, you're making good on the deal, and that's what matters. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Thanx,

Rick
crazybaldhead Sent: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 am wrote:Did you send the missing gobbos yet? It's been about 10 days since I last heard from you, and they still haven't arrived.

Thanx,

Rick
crazybaldhead Sent: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:52 pm wrote:
AngelXD19 wrote:ok i was wondering where the extra goblins i had went to. sorry about that.i guess i forgot to put them in or something. i will ship out the last of the goblins to you right away. so on monday afternoon or tuesday morning. once again sorry
Did you send the missing gobbos yet? It's been almost two weeks since I last heard from you, and they still haven't arrived.

Thanx,

Rick
crazybaldhead Sent: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 am wrote:It's approaching 3 weeks since you said you were going to send the missing gobbos. Please let me know what's going with this. I expected to receive them long ago.
The last three PMs remain unread (in my outbox). So, I sent two follow up emails:
crazybaldhead emailed wrote: From: email removed for security
To: jus8alahabra@yahoo.com
Subject: Bartertown trade
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 11:09:23 -0400

Javier,

Still trying to reach you about the 37 missing Night Goblins from our deal on Bartertown. I sent 3 PMs, but I see that you haven't read them yet.

It's been almost 3 weeks since you said you were going to send them. Please let me know what's going on with this ASAP.

Thanx,

signature removed for security
crazybaldhead emailed wrote: From: email removed for security
To: jus8alahabra@yahoo.com; demonwarlord20@yahoo.com
Subject: FW: Bartertown trade
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 15:42:33 -0400

Javier/Miguel Ochoa,

If I don't hear back from you by 5PM ET on Monday regarding the missing 37 Night Goblins from our transaction from almost a month, I'll have no choice but to file a Bad Trader Review for you on Bartertown. This will be my last attempt to contact you before proceeding with the BTR.

I'm sorry for it to come to this, but you told me that you were going to send the missing miniatures a month ago, and I haven't heard anything from you since that time. Please contact me ASAP!

Thanx,

signature removed for security
After waiting a few weeks and not getting a response, I put out a call to Bartertowners to see if anyone could help reach AngelXD19 (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=135361). With the help of an Admin (many thanx!), I got some additional information:

It appears that he went by demonwarlord20 here on Btown for a while (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13377) with the email on file for that account being demonwarlord20@yahoo.com. That account hasn't been used in years. Checking the references on that account shows good refs up until one bad one in 7/2009 where he didn't send all of the items. I'm guessing that's when he abandoned that username because the last time that account accessed Btown was on 11/29/2009.

He goes by Javier Ochoa or Miguel Ochoa. The PayPal account that accepted my transfer listed the recipient name as "Javier Ochoa", and the return address on the box he shipped showed "Miguel Ochoa". The return address was:

901 Heather Ave
La Habra, CA 90631-4578

That contact information matches what the Btown Admin found for me as well. The PayPal payment was made to jus8alahabra@yahoo.com.

The AngelXD19 account showed all good refs and that his last logon was 3/22/2011. So, I know he hasn't read my PMs; however, he also hasn't returned any of my emails. As the "How to Complete a Bad Trader Report" post states:
Most issues can be cleared up by some simple, honest communication.
However, my attempts at such communication are unanswered; so, here is the result. I filed a dispute with PayPal requesting a refund of $10 on 4/11/11, as that is representative of the missing minis.

Thanx Btown, and Happy Trading!

- Rick
1. Lower rating ships first. Buyer pays before shipping.
2. Please reply back to messages sent; a "no thanks" is better than not responding. I'll do the same.
3. If you don't like the price or trade terms I offer, please feel free to send a counter offer. They call it Bartertown for a reason ;]
4. If there is no communication after 48 hours, then our trade/sale is null and void.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: BTR - AngelXD19

Post by reegsk »

Now THAT'S a complete BTR. :wink:

I would suggest, however, removing your own address from the PMs. As you're the one filing the complaint, the Admins usually recommend removing your own personal information, as it doesn't really help the investigation any and it puts your info out there.
crazybaldhead ( 50 )
Trade Novice

Post by crazybaldhead »

Thanx, I tried to follow the guidance as closely as possible :-D

Whoops, apparently I missed taking that out of the PMs. Unfortunatley, I can't edit this post - the "EDIT" button isn't available to me.

Thanx,

Rick
2. Please reply back to messages sent; a "no thanks" is better than not responding. I'll do the same.
3. If you don't like the price or trade terms I offer, please feel free to send a counter offer. They call it Bartertown for a reason ;]
4. If there is no communication after 48 hours, then our trade/sale is null and void.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'll remove your address.
In the mean time, file a "Significantly Not As Described" complaint with PayPal for a refund.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
crazybaldhead ( 50 )
Trade Novice

Post by crazybaldhead »

Eric,

Thanx for the Admin edit, I'll be sure to check that if I ever have to do another one of these. I really appreciate the quick turnaround. You guys (admins and mods) do a really great job!
MagickalMemories wrote:file a "Significantly Not As Described" complaint with PayPal for a refund.
I did that last night:
crazybaldhead wrote: I filed a dispute with PayPal requesting a refund of $10 on 4/11/11
Next time, I'll also be more clear about the specific actions taken with PayPal.

Thanx again!

Rick
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

I think I might know this guy. :oops: I havent seen him in a few weeks so he might be telling the truth. I'll let you know if I can get a hold of him and have him come resolve this. :-D

Paul

However, my attempts at such communication are unanswered; so, here is the result. I filed a dispute with PayPal requesting a refund of $10 on 4/11/11, as that is representative of the missing minis.

Thanx Btown, and Happy Trading!

- Rick
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I presume the first part is a PM you received from someone?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
crazybaldhead ( 50 )
Trade Novice

Post by crazybaldhead »

I still haven't heard anything from AngelXD19 (nor has he read any of my PMs); however, this is resolved. He agreed to a partial refund ($10.00) through PayPal's dispute resolution system.

BTown, thanx for being awesome!

- Rick
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: BTR - AngelXD19 - Resolved thru Paypal

Post by porkuslime »

Title Edited, and Locked. Moved to Resolved BTRs.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”