BTR bebe-paquito [Resolved by bebe-paquito]

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

DiscipleofYawgmoth ( 182 )
BTown Regular

BTR bebe-paquito [Resolved by bebe-paquito]

Post by DiscipleofYawgmoth »

I'm sorry that it's come to this and I never thought I'd have to fill one of these out, but it seems like I don't have much of a choice.

On January 21st, 2011 a deal was made between myself and the listed trader. It was supposed to be an army swap of my High Elves for his Tau. January 27th the miniatures on my end were packed up and sent out with delivery confirmation. The package was confirmed to be delivered on January 29th. The last time of contact with this trader was January 26th. His last login was February 11th but in the mean time I have sent privates messages that remain unread.

***POSTS***
Reference your Tau
Sent: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:49 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Hello!

My name is Matt and I am interested in your Tau. Let me know if you see anything you'd like.

I have the following High Elves for trade:

High Elves Armybook (Near Mint)
x2 Sets of Island of Blood (missing only one Griffon Rider, assembled)
x1 Star Dragon (Two riders assembled but not glued on, Dragon is assembled)
x1 Noble on Elven Steed (Dragon Prince, Assembled)
x1 Set of Mage on Foot/Mounted Mage (Newest, Assembled)
x1 Noble on Foot (Axe and Shield)
x40 Archers (Assembled)
x20 Spearmen (Assembled)
x10 Swordmasters (Metal)
x1 Bolt Thrower (Current Model, but Metal)

Thank you for your time,

Matt
--------------------------------------------
Re: Reference your Tau
Sent: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:20 am
by bebe-paquito

Matt,

Sorry for the delay. Been a bit hectic, and trying to get around on one working knee is not the easiest for going to work lol. Anyways, yes I am interested in your HE army. Would you be interested in an army swap?

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:50 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Hey Frank,

It's not a problem at all dude. I understand that work and personal stuff comes up. I hope your knee doesn't give you a hard time. Absolutely I'd be more than interested in an Army Swap. I forgot to put in the original list I sent but I also have 6 or 8 Shadow Warriors to put in as well. I can include the Warhammer Fantasy Battle Magic Cards. The one with the core lores. Still new in the box.

Matt
--------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:42 pm
by bebe-paquito

Matt,

Did I already send you pictures? If not I can do so as long as you can provide me your email address.

Standard trading I assume? We each cover our own shipping, and provide tracking info as soon as shipment goes out?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Frank.
----------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Hey Frank,

No you hadn't sent pictures. thatkrazykoolguy@gmail.com is mine. All of the models I have are bare plastic save for the shadow warriors which a couple are primed. And of course, we each do shipping and provide tracking. Thank you good sir for the amazing trade.

Matt
------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:09 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Also,

Let me know your address and I'll pack everything up tonight and have it shipped out first thing in the morning.

Mine is:
Matthew Horler
XXXXXXXXXX XX XXth XX
XXXXXXXXXX, XX XXXXXX
Sent: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm
by bebe-paquito

Will do the same:

Francisco Mariscal
813 Nogales
Chaparral NM 88081
Sent: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:44 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Hey Frank,

Just giving you an update. I have your minis boxed and ready to go, but due to two days of terribad weather I hadn't gotten them to the post office. Don't want your minis to get soaked now. Provided Florida rain calms down, I'll send them out first thing in the morning. So sorry for the delay.

Matt
--------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:53 pm
by bebe-paquito

Matt,

No worries. Same sort of deal on m side, between school and my mom being in the hospital since last week been kinda rough. I have some time tomorrow ill get them out, they are in my car boxed and reafy to go just been getting to late to the post office.

Frank
-----------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Frank,

Everything's mailed off. Confirmation Number: 0305 1720 0000 5841 2653. Good thing I was late sending it. I went digging and found more spearmen, 5 metal white lions, old sea guard command, and a few more swordmasters. Enjoy!

Matt
---------------------------------------------
Sent: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:48 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Hey Frank,

Just checking in to see how things are going and the status of our trade. My end is showing as delivered. Let me know!

Matt
-------------------------------------------
Sent: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:56 pm
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Frank,

It's going on two weeks and I haven't heard anything from you. Please let me know something soon.

Matt
-----------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:33 am
by DiscipleofYawgmoth

Frank,

It's week 3. I've seen you log in a couple of times and I really feel like I'm being dodged here. While I understand that emergencies come up or that real life gets in the way but you have to communicate with me. Forgive me for being rude, but I'm setting a timeframe. I need to hear something back from you by the end of the week, Sunday the 20th.

Matt
-----------------------------------------------

*****End of Posts*******

I've tried to be nice and patient but the timetable I gave is here. I'll be sending him a PM to let him know about this. Thanks you, mods/admins, in advance for any and all assistance.

Yawg.
Lower rating ships first.
Buying an army? Cash up front no matter what your rating is.
I ship with delivery confirmation. So should you.
Please read what I post. The things I ask for and the conditions I set are there for a reason. If you didn't read what I put in my post then I reserve the right to ignore your offer. Period.

People who owe me/I owe them references:
phillipsjr4
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR bebe-paquito

Post by MagickalMemories »

Okay.
First: This definitely looks like a legit claim to me. Looks like you hit everything you needed.

Second: Why did you send first to someone with 1/5 your rating and a previous negative ref for not providing what they were supposed to. Nothing personal, but it does look like you didn't do your homework on the deal. Of course, I *asked* why you sent first, because I don't know. Not making any presumptions here.

That said, I've got some good contact information for you. Watch your incoming PM's.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
BTown Regular

You are right. I didn't do my homework on this one. I was just thinking that because I was getting the better deal because the amount of miniatures he was sending had a higher value than mine that I would be the nice person to send my end first. A complete oversight on my part.
Please read what I post. The things I ask for and the conditions I set are there for a reason. If you didn't read what I put in my post then I reserve the right to ignore your offer. Period.

phillipsjr4
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

FWIW, in case I wasn't clear above, I didn't mean it as a criticism. It was more an expression of surprise.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
BTown Regular

Oh no no. I know you're not being critical. I took no offense to it.

I attempted contact two more times and nothing so far.

phillipsjr4
BTown Regular

Well, it appears he logged in on Monday and read my PM's. I've received no reply and will continue to keep trying to make contact. So far I think I'm being dodged.

phillipsjr4
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Keep calling.
Call him a few times a day. I don't suggest calling at "improper" hours, but you're not obliged to make it easy for him, either. At this point, he needs to handle his responsibilities.

Eric

BTown Regular

He and I finally made contact with one another and the package has been confirmed as shipped. I guess this can go to resolved. Thanks for everything.

phillipsjr4
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

It'll go to resolved when you have the package in your possession.

Any information on why he went incommunicado for so long?

Eric

BTown Regular

I was told that it was in reference to stresses with family and life as well as an unexpected turn of events.

phillipsjr4
BTown Regular

And package has arrived. All listed items are in it and everything is safe and sound.

phillipsjr4
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Marking this as resolved. If any new information needs to be posted, PM a staff member to re-open the thread.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”