BTR: Salus: Resolved by Salus

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Sturm2k ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Salus: Bad Trader Report

Post by Sturm2k »

Ok, first off hi cheese :). Have not seen you around in awhile.

Anyway, I had a nice chat with Salus today he was out our local during his normal PPganger stuff. Now these are "his" words and not of my own. I am more of a messenger. Like cheese, I have known Salus for awhile and this seems odd to me for him to flank on this. His words were, "I did not even do a trade with these people, they are just trying to lie about it". Now I am not trying to start a big fire here. I am just relaying what he said. Though I do believe salus, that is a lot of feedback to throw away so easily, I think this is something that there are informations that we are not seeing. So I am stepping out of the line of fire on this one here. I am not trying to throw anyone under the bus. or calling Salus or the other two a lier. I am not touching this thread with a 10 foot pool.

:)
LOWEST feedback pays / ships first. No exceptions even for myself. You have to earn trust on this site. Feedback is everything.
I packaged my models in Bubble wrap. I expect the same. So please package up the stuff nicely!
I never ask for something that I would not do myself.

People who owe me Refs :( - Rayjbaker -
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

The OP has posted PM's from Salus. Salus hasnt thought this was worth 5 minutes of his time to reply here?
Kind of strange........
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

In light of Sturm's passing on the message, this is going nowhere good. In fact, I believe it has gone past the point of no return.

Seeing that Protagonist is from Canada, makes me believe that even if things were sent (and with this amount of time, it's hard to tell, but if it had been held up in Customs, it would have cleared by now) there would be no delivery confirmation numbers. The sheer cost of confirmation would have made the deal unfeasible. Now with him saying that he didn't do a trade...things look a little more fishy. Protagonist has done his part in posting his proof, that means Salus can either refute them with some facts or suck up the red all over his feedback profile.

That Protagonist did not feel it was worth filing a claim, in my experience throws up some red flags, but not enough to discredit him. $10? Nah. $20? probably not. $70? Give me the number.

I only posted to stop the lynch mob from going after cheese.
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
Sturm2k ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Sturm2k »

yea, this just seems there are things fishy on both ends. Yea, like I said I am not taking no sides on this one. I am sure the mods can check the logs themselves and they can decide the best choice of action. :)
LOWEST feedback pays / ships first. No exceptions even for myself. You have to earn trust on this site. Feedback is everything.
I packaged my models in Bubble wrap. I expect the same. So please package up the stuff nicely!
I never ask for something that I would not do myself.

People who owe me Refs :( - Rayjbaker -
thecheese ( 30 )
Trade Novice

Post by thecheese »

Sturm2k wrote:Ok, first off hi cheese :). Have not seen you around in awhile.
We just had our first kid. So no time for warmachine. I am painting up some gators.

Thanks Stanislav for the assist. I should of just stayed out of this quagmire. Just know the guy and wanted to give a personal character reference. I now bow out and try to get some more trades in.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

I have shipped to Canada many times. Never got tracking/DC #, but you do get a copy of the invoice/customs form. Im not taking sides- but the OP has a valid claim IMHO.
If I heard someone opened up a BTR on me I would not be so nonchalant.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Hey guys,

Unless you have some form of evidence that Salus has or has not shipped his end of the deal we can stop with the character references now. Considering Protagonist has a PayPal receipt number saying he HAS paid and Salus now has two negative references the time for "He's a good guy!" posts has passed. The other neg. even has a DC proving Salus received his package and never shipped or provided proof of shipping. At this point the burden is on Salus to get his backside on here and defend himself, not have proxies doing it for him.

So please stop as this thread is starting to get dangerously close to the point where I'm going to lock it and if you are the one who forces me to lock this thread you can expect a board warning.

-HZ, Bartertown Watch
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Richard H Salus
1012 Wall St
Beverly, NJ 08010-1738
(609) ***-**** (edit)
Household: Sonia A Clark,

This sounds like him I will forward the phone number to the complainants, maybe they can get a hold of him this way and find out what is going on.
Protagonist ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Post by Protagonist »

I am not a suspicious person by nature. When I started this thread I honestly believed that Salus had a family emergency and something occurred to prevent him from shipping me my models. This thread was a last ditch "I'm serious, can we resolve this?" more than an accusation of any wrongdoing.

But not that he is claiming that he never did business with me at all, and accusing me of lying and making it all up, that is making my blood boil. I have volunteered to give my paypal and my banking information to the Admins on the board to prove that on the date that I said I did, I sent money to Richard Salus. I have banking and credit card statements, as well as paypal account history proving the money I sent to Salus. I will send that information to the board admins if they so request it.

I was once willing to remove this thread and my bad trader reference if Salus completed the original deal or refunded me my money. Now I am contemplating filing Mail Fraud charges if this is not resolved. As for filing a claim, I tried, but I truly thought that Salus wasn't trying to deny me my models, and that if I prompted him enough I would get my models like we originally agreed. I guess I just have too much faith in people. I will now explore every avenue to get my money back, as Salus clearly has no intention of honoring our original deal, and I'll post the results here on this thread.

Thank you again to all of the mods in helping me with this matter.
Protagonist ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Post by Protagonist »

I'm sorry if my comments come off as needlessly inflammatory, and I hope they don't result in this thread being locked. All I want is the same thing I wanted when I made multiple attempts to contact Salus, and the same thing I wanted when I made this thread:

Resolution

I apologize if anyone was offended by my comments, as that was not my intention. Only to get some closure on this manner.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Don't worry about it.
I think your post was just fine.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Protagonist ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Post by Protagonist »

On the request of Bartertown moderators/people, I am posting the following information I provided to them.
Protagonist wrote:Here is the confirmation email that paypal sent:

*********************************************************************************

Hello Ian Phillipchuk,

You have sent a PayPal Mobile payment of $70.00 USD to richsalus@yahoo.com.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Currency conversion: $76.29 CAD = $73.03 USD

The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 CAD = 0.957268 USD

-----------------------------------
Payment details
-----------------------------------

Amount: $70.00 USD
Transaction Date: Apr. 19, 2010
Transaction ID: 01T72654Y69194427

View the details of this transaction online at:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/vst/id=01T72654Y69194427

Sincerely,
PayPal

Your monthly account statement is available anytime; just log in to your account at https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history. To correct any errors, please contact us through our Help Center at https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/websc ... contact_us.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal Email ID PP118

*********************************************************************************

The email was sent to my paypal account, however it was on my old email address of iap@ualberta.ca

That email address was my university account, and I changed it as I no loner attend full time (I'm on an internship). It's hard to access history of paypal stuff older than 28 days, but I can provide you my login information and if you follow the link above and log in with my information, it takes you too a history of the transaction, and this is what it contains:

Transaction Details
_history-details-submit-C9fRj6zXGYOACBVfU-5TAI4Mewy-So17s6L9ipkVz_W73ro7yMWJQhD88u0trueD5qp67HDkJjnVwpxCgKqEx7lVL4Ej-qwAA5tFkaRIW2I6sEP6Rqubs3M9H8OrZI6ogZ_8MdXhOGEZqDnBlzoWq7Sg7b5oMD5Mwf0ShoFbEWYleUlDWnunLw_1npeZu-h_VMDRYmXMyZAqUvZ2sH0a5iQYLXoTUBD9jIYL2B5FsDOUrjDP6mlYT0qqWN5YFxGfMJmJuIIXoFUTF-8
Mobile Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #01T72654Y69194427)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Apr 19, 2010 Payment For richard salus Completed ... -$70.00 USD

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Amount
Apr 19, 2010 Charge From Credit Card Completed Details $76.29 CAD
Apr 19, 2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details -$76.29 CAD
Apr 19, 2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details $73.03 USD

richard salus
Payment Sent to:

richsalus@yahoo.com
Total Amount:
-$70.00 USD
Fee amount:
-$3.03 USD
Net amount:
-$73.03 USD (equals -$77.10 CAD)

Conversion from:
-$76.29 CAD
Conversion to:
$73.03 USD
Exchange rate:
1 Canadian Dollar = 0.957268 U.S. Dollars

Date:
Apr 19, 2010
Time:
07:16:34 PDT
Completed

Subject:
You have sent $73.03 USD to richard salus with PayPal
Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$76.29 CAD - Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-9047

This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RICHSALUS".

Also, I have checked my banking information and my credit card CLEARLY shows a record of the Paypal transaction listed above.

[REDACTED] This final part was taken out as it was private communication.[/REDACTED]
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

@Sturm & cheese...

You might want to talk to your buddy again. See if he can't clarify things a bit more/differently (even better if he came here & did so, himself).
The PayPal address the money was sent to is the same one that Salus joined the site with.

Eric

P.S. In light of the "information bomb" that was just dropped, I think it might be appropriate to remind everyone that general commentary is no longer within the acceptable boundaries of BTR posting. Only posts with information relating to the trader or traders involved should be posted, and only if it affects this trade. Thanks.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Salus ( 78 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Salus »

Protaganist, i sent the Trolls if you did not get them, shoot me your address to richsalus@yahoo.com, i'll send you a money order next day air on monday.

As for the trade to canada i sent that too, i'm not taking a hit on that one.

also, it's kinda messed up to put a gays address out on a public forum, it's really low brow. But like i said, i know i sent all this stuff out, i never had a problem here before. I'll do what i can to resolve this, but it's still really messed up to put a guys personal info out online like that. i would like those posts deleted.

Rich
Salus ( 78 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Salus »

when i said the trade to canada in the post above i was refering to the trade for the flames of war models, and the reason i have not posted here until today is the fact the sturm2k told me today about the thread. So here i am. Ye4s i had some health and family issues that i don't want aired here, much like i don't like my address and other personal info being here.

Like i said above Protaganist send me your address via email and i will resolve this.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”