Orclord Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

MaximumTaco ( 64 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Orclord Backout

Post by MaximumTaco »

One thing - the Cygnar were never shipped to me, that message wasn't accurate. I thought he had sent it and I was going to have to send it back to him (since he was saying he didn't want the Nids) but the Cygnar never left his hands, he just shipped my stuff back.

It's also possible maybe Jeff accepted the deal without enough attention to the photos and my warnings, and maybe once it arrived Tim went over it with him and decided it wasn't a good deal for the Cygnar they had. Oh, just reread your line and you already suggested that possibility. I won't guess further but maybe that makes sense.

I guess at least it was good that I ended up shipping first so only one package had to be returned in the end.
Positive References owed to me: Ohiowargamer
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Thanks for clearing that up. The messages do make it sound like he shipped your stuff.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Home life got nasty-busy last night. I didn't even get to power up the computer.
:(

Will try again tonight (though it's not looking good).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Okay.
I've looked over the thread.

I think Taco has a legitimate back out report on this.
That's not to say Orclord and/or his son are bad people. It just means that, literally, Jeffrey backed out of a trade.

The images show a clear picture of what was being sent (I'll PM Orclord so they can dispute that, if they have pics that aren't included here).
Jeffrey gave some misinformation a couple times, too:

First, he said he sent the WM models:
Re: tyranid/cygnar
Sent: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:17 pm
by orclord
Your package was shipped today and will be there next week. You got a way better deal then me I just wanted to let you know that who ever put those guys together sucked I will never trade again[.b] for such crapy and old models. Thanks, Jeffrey

Emphasis mine.
--The emboldened text shows that he said he sent (past tense) the models, that Taco got (again, past tense) a better deal and that he'll never again make this kind of trade. All past tense.

Then changed it:

Sent: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:10 pm
by orclord
I went to the post office I'm sending your stuff back today to you because I don't like what you gave me and you didn't give me all what I asked. Thanks, Jeffrey

Emphasis mine.

After claiming to send it, he changed his story to state that he sent back the Nids.

Also, the emboldened part claims that everything wasn't there. Despite Taco's requests, Jeffrey never told him what was missing. Also, when taco got the box back, everything he shipped was present.

Here:

Sent: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 pm
by orclord
I'm not giving you any money, You should be happy. I'm spending more on shipping then you did so I'm not giving you your money back. It won't be shipped until tomorrow because I'm really busy with other stuff. I was giving you such a better deal better painted better minature no broken or crapy glues. thanks, Jeffrey

Emphasis mine.

Previously, he claimed to have sent it. Now, he's saying he'll send it "tomorrow."

Here:
Sent: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 pm
by orclord
I already sent everything back saturday and should be there this week sometime. thanks for trying email me back when you get it. jeffrey

He confirms that he did sent on Saturday (the 17th), and not the 16th.

Although Taco said he'd "survive" if the models were returned, he never promised that he wouldn't file a backout in that case. This looks like a case of buyer's remorse.

I'll send a PM to Orclord, so he knows this is here.
He was supposed to have Jeffrey start a new User ID, if Jeffrey wanted to continue trading here. If Jeffrey did, he can respond to it under his new User ID. Of course, as the trade was done under Orclord's User ID, he's welcome to refute this, as well.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”