Bad Trader: Stubs

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Bad Trader: Stubs

Post by getupandgo »

Was hoping to avoid posting this, but even after the "last chance" he still didn't get me a tracking number, and I can't help but feel that I'm getting jerked around here.

Package supposedly shipped on or before the 14th of april, but I can't imagine it taking almost 3 weeks to get someone a tracking number, or for the package to arrive for that matter.

The only reason I was writing him multiple days in a row, is because he kept logging in to check his messages, but wouldn't give me a response. He even went on to post a trade thread in the 40k section in the time he had been ignoring my repeated PMs.

Not sure if this should be a BTR or a Back-out report. If it's the latter, please feel free to move it to the correct forum.

Chain, in chronological order:

Stubs wrote:
Ive Got Mass Effect 2. Some one bought it for me opened it and played for an hour haven't touched it since. What Cash prices you looking at getting.

•limited edition inquisitor w/ plasma pistol $30

•callidus assassin $15 ea
•Vindicare assassin, painted to ok tabletop standard $15 ea

• •1 Valkyrie, NiB (TRADES ONLY) $58

•2 Krasrkin Veterans, Sgts w/ hell pistols, primed black $11.50 ea
    •2 Krasrkin Veterans, Flamers, bare $8.25 ea
    •2 Krasrkin Veterans, Grenade Launchers, bare $8.25 ea
    •2 Krasrkin Veterans, plasma guns, primed black $8.25 ea
    •2 Krasrkin Veterans, melta guns, primed black $8.25 ea
    •14 Krasrkin Veterans, hellguns, primed black $5.75 ea

Re: Clearing out my 40k; Witch hunters, Cadian, Tau, Dark Eldar
    Sent: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:38 am
    by Stubs

You looking for any other XBOX 360 or Wii Games. I'd like to try to get most of the Kasrkins from you for my Demonhunter's. By chance do you have a pic of the Inquisitor?

Sent: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:26 am
    by getupandgo

I'd give you $60 trade value for it, which is what it costs brand new, so basically, choose anything from the list at the prices listed...

Let me know what you'd like to do...

Stubs wrote:
    You looking for any other XBOX 360 or Wii Games. I'd like to try to get most of the Kasrkins from you for my Demonhunter's. By chance do you have a pic of the Inquisitor?

This is the LE inquisitor (obviously, mine is not painted)
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mgUHoild9g4/S ... ics+038+(2).jpg

Send me a list of what you've got for other Xbox360 games... I might be interested in something, but I already have a lot.

Sent: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 am
    by Stubs

Ok off the top of my head I have:

Dragon Age Origins
    All of the Halo's (1, 2, 3, ODST, WARS)
    Eldar Scrolls Oblivion
    MW2
    Star Wars Force Unleashed
    Merc's 2

Stubs wrote:
    Ok well for sure i want the 1 Valkyrie, NiB (TRADES ONLY) So hold that. Also whats your addy.
    Sent: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:52 am
    by getupandgo
    valkyrie might be pending. Get me your list quickly and I'll figure it out... I've got 2 people interested in it, and one person who has already made me an offer on it. I thought you were after the kasrkin most.

Let me know asap

Sent: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 am
    by getupandgo

Any list coming soon? I've got some interest in the kasrkins as well. Please get it over to me soon.

Thanks!

Sent: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:30 pm
    by getupandgo

Still never got a list of the games you were interested in. I have someone offering to buy the Kasrkin, so please get back to me soon if you're still interested in working out a trade,

Sent: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 pm
    by Stubs

Sorry been busy with sick kids. Ill get that together tonight.

Sent: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 am
    by getupandgo

Stubs wrote:
    Sorry been busy with sick kids. Ill get that together tonight.

Ok, let me know when you have it together. I'll hold off on the kasrkin sale until later today, but if I don't hear back, they're probably going to be sold.

Sent: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:55 pm
    by Stubs

Well I dont think i have any others my son dosnt play anymore that you would be interested in. So i still have Mass Effect 2 if you wanna work something out for one of the Karskin Squads

Sent: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 am
    by getupandgo

Stubs wrote:
    Well I dont think i have any others my son dosnt play anymore that you would be interested in. So i still have Mass Effect 2 if you wanna work something out for one of the Karskin Squads
    That sounds good to me.

The game has no scratches, correct?

Let me know which kasrkins you'd be interested in trading ($60 retail towards the game).

Thanks!

Sent: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:48 am
    by Stubs

7 normal Troops, 1 Melta, 1 Flamer, 1 Sargent.

Yes it does not have any Scratches. Whats your address so i can zip it out to you?

Sent: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 am
    by getupandgo

Stubs wrote:
    7 normal Troops, 1 Melta, 1 Flamer, 1 Sargent.

Yes it does not have any Scratches. Whats your address so i can zip it out to you?

Works for me!

My address is:
    EDITED

Please let me know when it goes out and what your address is to send the return package.
    Thanks for the trade!

Sent: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:55 am
    by getupandgo

I've gotten your package ready to go... did you get a chance to ship yet?

Please let me know

Sent: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:26 am
    by Stubs

Yes I did. I have a tracking number but its on my desk at the office. As soon as i get back there this afternoon ill pm you back with it.

Sent: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:10 am
    by getupandgo

Stubs wrote:
    Yes I did. I have a tracking number but its on my desk at the office. As soon as i get back there this afternoon ill pm you back with it.

Awesome!

Also, I need your address to ship to.

Thanks!

Sent: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am
    by Stubs

Oh yea that might help.

EDITED

Sent: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:20 am
    by getupandgo

Stubs wrote:
    Any word on the tracking number? it's been a week, and I still don't have it.

Sent: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 am
    by Stubs

SH****... Yea Ill go look for it right now. Been a busy week with planting season starting.

Sent: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 pm
    by getupandgo

Any word on the tracking number?

Stubs wrote:
    SH****... Yea Ill go look for it right now. Been a busy week with planting season starting.

Sent: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:59 am
    by getupandgo

Hey there,

I still didn't hear back from you, but I saw that you read the message. Can you please let me know what the tracking number is, so that I can find out what's going on with the package? It's been almost 2 weeks on it now.

Thanks

Sent: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:28 pm
    by getupandgo

Can I please have the delivery confirmation number for the package?

Thanks

Sent: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm
    by getupandgo

Hey,
    Could you please send me the tracking number for the package?

It doesn't normally take 2 weeks for a priority mail package to get to me, so please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Sent: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:32 pm
    by getupandgo

Hey dude,
    You keep logging in, and even made a new post about some tau stuff you're looking for in the last week, but you haven't gotten me the tracking number for the package.

I'd hate to escalate this, but I really do need a response from you, so that I can find out what's going on.

Thanks

Sent: Sat May 01, 2010 7:21 am
    by getupandgo

Hey,
    If I don't hear back from you by the end of the weekend, I'll be filing a bad trader report. I really do not want it to get to that point, so please write me back and let me know what's going on with my package.

Thanks.

Sent: Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 am
    by Stubs

Ill have a tracking number for you by lunch today. Its slow here since it rained. Sorry about this its my busy time of year, im working 15 hour days and just check mail and hit the sack when i get home.

Sent: Mon May 03, 2010 4:32 pm
    by getupandgo

Stubs wrote:
    Ill have a tracking number for you by lunch today. Its slow here since it rained. Sorry about this its my busy time of year, im working 15 hour days and just check mail and hit the sack when i get home.

I've been working 14-16 hour days for the last three weeks, but it only takes 30 seconds to respond to a PM, and you've been logging in and checking your messages.

It's well after lunch, and still no tracking number. I told you I'd give you until the end of the weekend, and I've gone beyond that, so please get it over the next time you log in, or I'll be filing the bad trader report.

Sent: Mon May 03, 2010 5:11 pm
    by Stubs

Ok i will get you one
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad Trader: Stubs

Post by MagickalMemories »

You aren't out anything, so it isn't a Bad Trader Report.
Moving to Deadbeats/Back Outs.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

5 days later, and still no delivery confirmation and no package. I just left him negative feedback. I don't mind if delays come up (that's life), but I don't like being lied to.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Just be glad he shipped 1st.. Think how long you'd be waiting if you shipped 1st or at the same time..well supposedly at the same time.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

kturock wrote:Just be glad he shipped 1st.. Think how long you'd be waiting if you shipped 1st or at the same time..well supposedly at the same time.
Exactly. I don't see this as any "better" than a bad trader report. This is someone who would have willfully ripped me off if given the chance.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Perhaps... but he didn't.
Considering the circumstances, however, I think that makes this the PERFECT example of why backout reports can be helpful and also the correct circumstances under which they should be filed.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

MagickalMemories wrote:Perhaps... but he didn't.
Considering the circumstances, however, I think that makes this the PERFECT example of why backout reports can be helpful and also the correct circumstances under which they should be filed.

Eric
No, he didn't... I didn't give him the opportunity. A liar is a liar is a liar... and I was just calling this guy out for being one to me.

If someone changes their mind 2 days after a trade was agreed to, and I haven't shipped yet, and that person gets in touch with me, I would never personally file a backout report on them... I reserve it for something along these lines... where the person deliberately and intentionally misleads you, and tells you things that just aren't true.

my .02

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

getupandgo wrote:
MagickalMemories wrote:Perhaps... but he didn't.

Eric
No, he didn't... I didn't give him the opportunity. A liar is a liar is a liar... and I was just calling this guy out for being one to me.
Absolutely... and that is certainly what this appears to be. That's why this is a perfect incident to report on. More on this later.
getupandgo wrote:If someone changes their mind 2 days after a trade was agreed to, and I haven't shipped yet, and that person gets in touch with me, I would never personally file a backout report on them... I reserve it for something along these lines... where the person deliberately and intentionally misleads you, and tells you things that just aren't true.

my .02
Exactly.

Now, please pardon me while I make a statement that is only GENERALLY about this thread.
If anyone wants to discuss this (my) post, please start a new thread. This thread is not for discussion of what is to follow.
I'm only posting it in this thread because it IS applicable for what's going on here and we're about due for a reminder.

Let me start by saying I'm making NO judgement on this trader. I don't know the circumstances and it COULD turn out to be something legit.
That being said, however, it is not always something legit.
What Stubs has done, even if accidentally, is textbook for some scammers.

One mode of scam is to negotiate trades as if they are real, even going so far as to give in to simu-ship or relent when it's pressed that they should send first. They know that excessive backouts are suspect and that word gets around fast about people who back out of trades when the other guy (usually with a higher rating) insists that they ship first.

What they do, however, knowing that they're just going to "hit & run" the site, is agree to these trades, so as to not raise suspicion. Of course, in the 2 or so weeks before reports like this start making the rounds, they've already hit a number of people who did NOT stick to their guns and refuse to ship first. This tactic was used (unfortunately) very successfully by "the_trader" out of the UK last year. He even went so far as to complete a number of trades to boost his rating. A couple hundred investment isn't bad for a couple thousand in return.

Occasionally, the more brazen ones (and we have seen this happen) will actually attempt to cajole and harass their "trade partner" into sending, since they already sent their part SO LONG AGO (sometimes, they'll even say they're "starting to get nervous" that the other party -the actual victim- is "ripping them off"). This is especially dangerous in international trades, where a couple weeks isn't that unusual a turn around time.

This is why this report is so important. (ONE), because -*if* Stubs truly is doing this, warning needs to get out and (TWO) because it gives the general populace a chance to see and discuss things to watch out for.

I'm glad you didn't lose anything, guag. Please, let us know if there is any development in this at all.

Eric

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”