Bad Trader: exodusofman

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Bad Trader: exodusofman

Post by Walls »

As you can clearly see in the below, he claims to have recieved the package I sent him. He hasn't signed on since March 26th onto the forums at all. It seems very much a "Got it, time to sign in as someone new!" type of message here.

I am missing a lot of posts for some reason as part of the chain. I tried my best to keep replying in the same emails in case this happened. Is it possible he came on during his last visit and deleted all his sent messages?

Re: H: ALL SORTS of WH W: Alternate guard army (Mordian, etc)
Sent: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am
by Walls

Any word on the mailing? Thanks!
Sent: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:22 pm
by Walls

Ah, ok. Please get me a tracking number when you do.
Sent: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm
by exodusofman

hey man ye i picked it up the other day, its been a busy week sorry i didnt get back to you sooner. but ye ill be shipping ur stuff out next week no worries mate sorry for teh wait
Sent: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 pm
by Walls

Hey man. It's been 16 days since I sent the stuff and no reply from you. It should have been there a week ago. Just making sure everything is good.
Sent: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm
by Walls

Howdy. Any word yet? I would imagine you got your stuff by now and sent yours? I figured I woulda recieved by now or very soon. Just wanna make sure everything is kosher. PM me back to let me know. Thanks man! Looking forward to the stuff.
Sent: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm
by Walls

Howdy man! Not to bother you, but wondering if you had a tracking number for your stuff. Also making sure you got your stuff as well!
Sent: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:21 am
by exodusofman

i havnt been to my p.o box recently im actually going today after schol so i'll be shipping to you next monday sorry for teh huge delay
Sent: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 am
by Walls

ANything yet, my man? I can't find the slip at the moment, so can't use the tracking number. Looking forward to everything in return!
Sent: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm
by exodusofman

ok sounds cool thanx
Sent: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:46 pm
by Walls

Sending today. I cannot find the book Mechanicum (which is annoying) but will send 10 bucks in the envelope so you can buy your own.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Bad Trader: exodusofman

Post by reegsk »

Just a heads up, once a Mod sees this, they're going to ask for the entire history, including the negotiation. Be sure to post everything from start to finish, and also try to copy it into Word and put all of the PMs in sequential order, starting with the oldest. It makes Mods happy.
Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Post by Walls »

LOL

I was doing that and then realized I have very few of his responses, even in the email chain. My worry is that he deleted his sent history, perhaps maybe doing the same in my trail?
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

Walls,

You do need to post all pm's.

Even if the person you were trading with deleted their pm's if you didn't you still have them in the pm history.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Post by Walls »

Thanks. I will compile them in proper order tomorrow if that is ok. Feel free to delete this thread is need be so I make a proper one.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Walls wrote:Thanks. I will compile them in proper order tomorrow if that is ok. Feel free to delete this thread is need be so I make a proper one.
Nope. Just post them in this one.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Been almost a week, Walls.. you NEED to follow thru on posting your PM string like you indicated above.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Post by Walls »

Oh holy crap. I almost forgot about this. Sorry muchly. I have a feeling it may be a bit of a waste of time to be honest. I don't see the guy coming back here under that name. Feel free to delete if I don't update by tonight.
Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Bad Trader: Josh Aikens aka exodusofman

Post by Walls »

Here is all the information I have regarding a trade with Josh Aikens aka exodusofman (same name on dakkadakka). If it seems weird, it is. I have very few of his replies in the thread because he seems to have deleted them, including his name and address. I was able to get the info through some investigation of my own. Here is EVERYTHING I have on him.

DO NOT TRADE WITH HIM! HE WILL RIP YOU OFF!

josh aikens
2170 sherobbe road. apt 1507
mississauga ontario
l5a 3p8

Quote exodusofman Re: H: ALL SORTS of WH W: Alternate guard army (Mordian, etc)
Sent: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:08 pm
by exodusofman

hey i have 14 stell legion models, 2 grenad launchers,1missle launcher team, 1 plasma gun , 2 sergents and the rest are normal guardsmen im interested in

Novels: Several of the Horus Heresy series(which books)
Codex/Army Books: Chaos Space Marines(is this the newest book), Orcs and Goblins, 40k Chaos(double post? if not what edtion is it?)

im from the Toronto area

Quote Walls Re: H: ALL SORTS of WH W: Alternate guard army (Mordian, etc)
Sent: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:19 pm
by Walls

Oh, that was my mistake on the books. It's the Chaos Daemon codex and the newest Chaos Marine one.

Let me collect all the titles that I have from the Horus Heresy series. I live in Canada, so trade wise, shipping wouldn't be so bad.

Sent: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 pm
by Walls

I know for sure I have the first two books. Have Flight of the Eisenstein as well... probably the first bunch anyhow.

So: Steel legion for CSM codex and 2 Books (which ones interest you the most, I will double check to make sure) and a sentinel (built?) for the O&G book?

Sent: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 pm
by Walls

Which books from the HH do you need then? I have quite a few, just scattered all over this damned place. LOL. I will be trying to get them together, but have been mega-busy.

The Bugman's Brewery is pewter sets. Tables, benches and the ilk, much like a bar would have.

Sent: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:09 pm
by Walls

I just happen to have all those books!

Sent: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:07 pm
by Walls

I think I could go for that! Do you have pictures of your guard?

Sent: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:18 pm
by Walls

That's cool. Whats your addy and I can send the books.

Did you still want to do the Sentinel for the O&G book?

Sent: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:09 pm
by Walls

Excellent man. I will let you know when I send the stuff and the tracking number for it. Hopefully tomorrow!

Sent: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:07 am
by Walls

I am having problems finding the Horus Heresy book. I got it SOMEWHERE... just not sure where! I will send Monday if that is ok. It will give me time to find it.

Sent: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:25 pm
by Walls

Things changed! I am not gonna trade the Chaos Marine codex, but if you want something else from the list, lemme know. I am suddenly in an escalation league and doing Khorne Berserkers for it.

Sent: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:45 am
by Walls

Yeah, I could do that. Name 2 other Books you'd like.

Sent: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:54 am
by Walls

I definitely have both those books. I don't have Fallen Angels or Tales of. The only other 40k book I may have is a Gaunts Ghosts one.

Sent: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:22 am
by Walls

Flight of the Eisenstein, Horus Rising, Fulgrim, Battle for the Abyss, Legion, Mechanicum and am currently reading A Thousand Sons.

Sent: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:38 pm
by Walls

I have the one gaunts ghost book. Otherwise just fantasy stuff (Forgotten realms and Dragonlance mostly)

As well I have the Orks codex, the Chaos Daemons book for 40k and the O&G book for fantasy.

Sent: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:44 pm
by exodusofman

ok then its cool so legion-mechanicum(im sure thats the most recent of ur haves other then a thousand sons) and teh O&G book for my steel legion and sentinel

Sent: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:17 pm
by Walls

Yeah, quite a bit of stuff. What in particular are you looking for?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=106480

That's my current stuff. Don't have the Witch Hunters codex though.

Sent: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:49 pm
by Walls

Tons, though I would only sell it as a whole... and honestly only for the right deal.

Sent: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 am
by Walls

I am gona keep my empire for now I think.

But you never know!

Ok, so Steel Legion... Codex and a book, right?

Sent: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm
by Walls

Has not been sent! I can send both and the HH books for the Steel Legion and Sentinel if you like.

Sent: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:35 pm
by Walls

I didn't want to send until we finalized everything. Glad we never!

Sent: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:03 pm
by Walls

Sounds good man.

Sent: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:46 pm
by Walls

Sending today. I cannot find the book Mechanicum (which is annoying) but will send 10 bucks in the envelope so you can buy your own.

Sent: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm
by exodusofman

ok sounds cool thanx

Sent: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 am
by Walls

ANything yet, my man? I can't find the slip at the moment, so can't use the tracking number. Looking forward to everything in return!

Sent: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:21 am
by exodusofman

i havnt been to my p.o box recently im actually going today after schol so i'll be shipping to you next monday sorry for teh huge delay

Sent: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 pm
by Walls

Howdy man! Not to bother you, but wondering if you had a tracking number for your stuff. Also making sure you got your stuff as well!

Sent: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm
by Walls

Howdy. Any word yet? I would imagine you got your stuff by now and sent yours? I figured I woulda recieved by now or very soon. Just wanna make sure everything is kosher. PM me back to let me know. Thanks man! Looking forward to the stuff.

Sent: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 pm
by Walls

Hey man. It's been 16 days since I sent the stuff and no reply from you. It should have been there a week ago. Just making sure everything is good.

Sent: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm
by exodusofman

hey man ye i picked it up the other day, its been a busy week sorry i didnt get back to you sooner. but ye ill be shipping ur stuff out next week no worries mate sorry for teh wait

Sent: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:22 pm
by Walls

Ah, ok. Please get me a tracking number when you do.

Sent: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 am
by Walls

Any word on the mailing? Thanks!

Sent: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 pm
To: exodusofman

I noticed you were back on the forums and finally read my messages. I am wondering what's going on with my stuff. I haven't recieved anything back, nor even contact from you.

AND... still in my outbox...

Sent: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:17 pm
To: exodusofman

I have all your contact info saved from our discussions. We both live in Canada. I don't want to take anything further, but I do either want the stuff you promised me (Steel Legion and Sentinel) or I want all my stuff back please and thank you. I am out a fair amount of cash by sending you my end of the trade and you not sending back.

If I do not hear from you and get a tracking number within the next day I will be sending in a bad trader report.
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

Walls,

A couple of things to note for future trades:
Be more precise as to what the deal is. Reading your side of things still leaves me wondering what the deal was for at the end.
It is always good to do a list summary of the transaction after the deal is agreed to so there is no question as to what is beeing sent.
As a trader, it would benefit you to be far clearer in your communication. you seemed to change the deal as much as he was at one point.
Then you were having trouble finding stuff, then you decided to keep stuff....
The point is, you need to only put things up for sale or trade that you will part with if someone expresses interest.
If you are uncurtain, don't post it.

That said, this is a bad situation. You might be able to find his phone # since you have his address, via the interwebs...
Also, how are his messages not in the history that should be stored after each response?
His responses to you should be in your 'In' box regardless of what he does on his end.
From now on I would consider quoting the other person in your responses, that way you always have a record of it.

Again, sorry that this is happening,
Dave
Skol!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Here are the 2 problems I see:
1)The report is a bit of a train wreck.
With posting all the messages in order without any sort of separation between them, it's one big run on.

2) It's incomplete.
I'm having a hard time understanding the dynamics of the trade.
You can't blame him for deleting anything. Any PM's he sends you stay in your inbox, once they're read. If they've been deleted, only you could have done that.
Any messages from you to him will stay in your sent box until they "age off" of the system. You have a 750 message limit in your "sent messages" box. So, your 750 most recent sent (and read) messages are in there.

Have you tried contacting him via email? What about on Dakka?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I've sent PMs to him on here and on DakkaDakka with a link to this thread, asking for his attention.

Here's a link on Dakka:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... ge#1507416

It gives this as a place where he might also be reached:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... =1&t=32305

Eric

Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Post by Walls »

Regardless, that is everything I have from a single email run on. How can I have only certain ones when I took the complete run on from the latest email I have?

ANYYHOW... I have been in touch with him through my own means. He has contacted me and shall see what happens.

I do find it a bit silly that people who fill out BTR's "wrong" get more crap then the thieves that propagate trade forums with free will.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Walls wrote:Regardless, that is everything I have from a single email run on. How can I have only certain ones when I took the complete run on from the latest email I have?

ANYYHOW... I have been in touch with him through my own means. He has contacted me and shall see what happens.

I do find it a bit silly that people who fill out BTR's "wrong" get more crap then the thieves that propagate trade forums with free will.
Because it is easy for you to doctor up the post and make things look the way you want. If you don't have the PM chain (which is there unless you delete it, as others have pointed out), then your evidence for your side of the exchange is incomplete. The correct BTR procedure is there to protect all of us from the unscrupulous who might try to give us a bad rep via BTR.
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

Walls wrote: I do find it a bit silly that people who fill out BTR's "wrong" get more crap then the thieves that propagate trade forums with free will.
The intent is not to give you 'crap' but to point out how you can avoid some of the trading pitfalls that some of the long term members have encountered.
My comments in particular were to point out some problems with the way that you were conducting the trade.
Your current trade practices were leaving you exposed to potential (in this case did leave you exposed) to trading problems.

Also, as Creeper noted, a BTR is a big deal and has a corresponding level of information that needs to be provided to back up your bad trader claim.
You will find that the mods and other menbers will be very helpful to you over time in tracking down folks and generally helping you out, but you have to provide a concrete basis from which to go after bad traders.

Hopefully, everything will get resolved to your satisfaction!
Skol!

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”