lawlitseric? Anybody seen him?

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

retzlaffmd ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

lawlitseric? Anybody seen him?

Post by retzlaffmd »

I waited about a month and a half to come to this thread. Has anybody seen/heard from this guy, on another site or here? I had a deal with him, but haven't heard hide nor hair of the guy since early January, and like to know if the guy's been banned, or something...

TRANSCRIPT OF COMMUNICATION(reverse order):
Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:54 pm
by retzlaffmd

Also, if it's agreeable, what special weapons are you interested in on the Termie & PA troopers?Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 pm
by retzlaffmd

Yeah, I'm still up for it! Is the deal I mentioned OK by you?Quote lawlitsericRe: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:00 pm
by lawlitseric

Yup, I just got back to Burlington today. Sorry, I was out of town for a bout a week longer than I had expected with little computer access. Let me know if we're still a go for that trade.

Thanks a lot for being patient, living in dorms during the holiday season can be rough.Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:05 pm
by retzlaffmd

Back yet? A buddy of mine wants to know, he's interested in the T-bolt as a painting project/group-use vehicle... Quote lawlitsericRe: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 pm
by lawlitseric

Excellent. I'll send you a PM when I get back. Thanks!Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
by retzlaffmd

I have no problem with that, glad to find out beforehand Quote lawlitsericRe: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:37 am
by lawlitseric

No worries, I just wanted to clarify what I was getting into.
Now, for another question. I'm leaving my dorm tomorrow to head home for a week or so for Christmas break and cannot fit these things into my packs.Would you be willing to hold off mailing the GK's till I get back? I would be back around new years, I just don't want your part of the trade sitting in the mail room for so long without being monitored.Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:17 am
by retzlaffmd

I shouldn't have been in such a hurry to send the previous message ... What I meant was (for both the Shadowsword and Thunderbolt combined) one squad of 10 power armor GK troops w/2 special weapons of your choice, one squad of 10 Terminator armored troops including 1 brother-captain and 1 special weapon of your choice, and the FW-part moded Rhino APC... sorry for the mix-up, I was trying to get the PM sent with about 2 minutes left on my online time at the library...Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:11 pm
by retzlaffmd

Full size painted GK squad for each? 1 termie, 1 PA, you choose special weapons, and I'll throw in a Rhino with FW Inquisition doors/parts, too(mostly painted, not as well as GK figs, needs a storm bolter)Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
Sent: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:08 pm
by retzlaffmd

the Shadowsword, is it FW or Plastic? If plastic, do you have the other parts? I have a 4000k+ GK army...
I don't take Paypal,buyer pays first on sales; lowest rating ships first, even if it's me, on trades. If you're out of the continental US, you're paying shipping both ways, I don't do international trades otherwise...

(\_/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(O.o) profile to help him on his way to world
(> <) Domination
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Re: lawlitseric? Anybody seen him?

Post by blackspade »

I'm not sure that this qualifies as a backout as you all didn't settle on the exact details of the trade or exchange addresses.
He also has not been on the sight since Jan 9.
Skol!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Seems to me that his intent WAS to trade, but we'll need to look into it further.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Seems to me that you were still working out the particulars of the trade. Also seems to be a PM missing from the beginning of the trade.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
flagg07 ( 232 )
Resident Trader

Post by flagg07 »

Agreed that there seems to be a missing PM or 2.

There was never a specific "OK, deal made." statement, but there was this:
retzlaffmd wrote:I'm leaving my dorm tomorrow to head home for a week or so for Christmas break and cannot fit these things into my packs.Would you be willing to hold off mailing the GK's till I get back? I would be back around new years, I just don't want your part of the trade sitting in the mail room for so long without being monitored.Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
I can appreciate that the OP feels like his time was wasted. I feel like his time was wasted...
This is another good example why it's so important to get that clear PM/E-mail string with both parties saying Yes, you send "X" and I'll send "Y".
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

I tend to agree, but there seemed to be some continuing conversation to finalize the deal, which leads me to believe that a concrete deal was not established.
A definate time waster though
flagg07 wrote:Agreed that there seems to be a missing PM or 2.

There was never a specific "OK, deal made." statement, but there was this:
retzlaffmd wrote:I'm leaving my dorm tomorrow to head home for a week or so for Christmas break and cannot fit these things into my packs.Would you be willing to hold off mailing the GK's till I get back? I would be back around new years, I just don't want your part of the trade sitting in the mail room for so long without being monitored.Re: H: IG, FW W: FW, DH
I can appreciate that the OP feels like his time was wasted. I feel like his time was wasted...
This is another good example why it's so important to get that clear PM/E-mail string with both parties saying Yes, you send "X" and I'll send "Y".
Skol!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Although my PERSONAL belief is that he was indicating acceptance of the deal, his wording was ambiguous enough to leave some doubt.
As a result, WITH NO OFFENSE MEANT TO THE OP, I'm going to remove this as an invalid backout report.
The thread is now locked. I'll leave it up for a day or two so those who have taken an interest in it can see this final post, then, I will remove it.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”