Backout: SitNoir-Relisted same army after 1.5 mon. of waitin

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

ghazzy ( 1184 )
Resident Trader

Backout: SitNoir-Relisted same army after 1.5 mon. of waitin

Post by ghazzy »

Ok here goes. This is the first time I have utilized any negative forum on Btown. I have wanted to steer clear of any Hall of Shame, Deadbeats, Backouts, Bad traders, etc and not have to list anyone. I personally feel that almost ANYTHING can be worked out and ALMOST ALL of us at one point or many points, get caught up in life, have mishaps, unaccounted for events, the delivery and postal service glitches, etc. I mean here could be 1000s of things that go wrong and the main deal is to try and be honorable and work these out. Heck...I have lost count of the number of times I have been patient with folks......or had them be patient with me. Matter of fact I have not given bad feedback at times as I have been worked with by folks myself. I love Btown! (sheds a sentimental snotty tear for this wonderful site!) Again.............almost anything can work to each persons satisfaction.
Therefore it is with heavy heart that I am miffed enough to have made an exact detailed copy of the full lengthy back out deal (or at least back out as i see it) done by SitNoir a new trader. It starts at the bottem of this posting and works its way upward and i would think when you look at the DATES that I was patient and waited, you will see why I am upset. Matter of fact I would have been fine (ticked off but fine) by never having gotten this package ............until I saw a NEW posting by SitNoir that advertised almost the same Lizardman army I was going for up for grabs again. THAT............is what hacked me off. I have been waiting for this huge package and giving up time, effort, energy, and money (when you think of gas used going to house or Post office to check on this package). So again, as you can see by my last post to Sitnoir I was going to just not leave a post or negative feedback and move forward until I saw the army relisted. (Another upsetting thing about it that is relevant on a personal note is actually I was getting a lizardman army for myself AND another lizardman army for a friend. When the first one came in I gave it to my friend (hats off to Harvey Dent on that Wonderful transaction by the way). THIS one was going to be my army...........well I guess not eh? Now I have to sit and oggle my friends nice lizardman army hahahahaha. Anyway.........

Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:34 am
by ghazzy

Ok mate at this point I am counting this as a write off on the trade.....as it has been since Nov 17th ( 1 1/2 months ago) that we started this trade. On the 18th we agreed to the deal. You said you would wait to get paid which I understand as a teacher I get paid every 4-5 weeks myself.....but then you said 3-4 weeks later (after several emails that you had sent it on the 6th of December). That was 3 1/2 weeks ago mate. Anyway last thing was last wednesday ( 8 days ago) you said you would check back this tuesday and see......nothing I have heard. So................I cant wait anymore........I needed the figures for a tournament and I am a serious competitor...........especially in painting. Also I have put off like several offers for my wood elves and so at this point I am putting them up for grabs again. The only thing I can say is.....1.) If they ever do arrive.....and I still have the wood elf army then I will ship it. 2.) If they show up and I have gotten rid of the wood elves......well I still have another whole lot of wood elves with alot of the same stuff and some different stuff (this was the personal wood elf army I was going to keep myself but would send it to you as being honorable if your lizards ever do show). 3.) we can renegotiate a deal with some woodelves and some dark elves or something until you get a fair trade value for the lizards etc or 4.) I just reship the lizardmen back to you if you wanted nothing but would expect shipping reimbursement.

Part of me does feel bad about this my friend but like I said.....I have been waiting for this package. I built my lizardmen army around it.....I have had to get some units that i was expecting from you...........so I could get them painted up.........I have held off my wood elves for monetary trade cause I was locked into a deal with you and I am honorable. I have also spent an inordinate amount of time..........coming home at lunch just to see if your pacakge is here.......sometimes sitting and waiting for mailman........asking my wife to stay home while I run errands or vice versa wondering about this package........playing games WITHOUT the units and using proxie in the hopes your package will show......actually going to the post office on couple of occassions looking to see if a package slipped by or was sitting in the background from you or asking the mailman who shows to my house Hey man is there a package" anyway it is too much so now....long story short is that I need to get the units from elsewhere......and I need to think about mmoving this wood elf lot along.

Again....if my wood elves are here I will ship it if your lizzies show................but if my wood elves are gone I will give you the list of my second...prsonal wood elf army..........and we can see about getting you equitable value (being honorable on my end to give you a good deal even after all this is what I am about).Quote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:15 pm
by SitNoir

Well that's a bit off-putting....
As it's christmas, and the postage strikes in Aus, I wont be able to call until next week, but I'll give them a call on Tuesday (Monday's a public Holiday). And try to see what's up.
Considering the price of sending things overseas, plus the price of the models, I'd be rather miffed if they've been sent incorrectly.
I'll let you know what I find.

Merry Christmas

ghazzy wrote:
I havent gotten aanything my friend........I was actually wondering myself what was up?Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:16 am
by ghazzy

I havent gotten aanything my friend........I was actually wondering myself what was up?Quote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 pm
by SitNoir

Heya mate,

Haven't heard anything in a while, and most of the stuff I sent out has arrived to other's.
Just curious about the status of the lizzies?

Cheers!

ghazzy wrote:
Awesome my friend and thanksRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 pm
by ghazzy

Awesome my friend and thanksQuote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:51 pm
by SitNoir

Heya mate,

Sorry about the delay - I've just been flat out at work.
Sent it yesterday, and completely forgot to send the email

Let us know when it arrives Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:43 pm
by ghazzy

Hiya mate......sorry to be a bother but I know we wored out a deal about 3 weeks ago and I know you needed to get paid and all but I hve this wood elf army he sitting to the side just awaitng word from you that you sent the lizardmen army. Is it still a go? I am very interested in this army and have been buying all the units, codex and suchI need to fit around the units your sending. Plus I need to get thm painted as my next compettion army an have just a short time to do it in? Please let me know if you can send this ASAP my friend.Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:59 pm
by ghazzy

OLA!!! My friend...just checking on the status of the pakage...if it would help......I could care less if they are crampacked in box......also just put 50 dollars gift so customs doesnt rake all your cashola and that should all help with shipping. Im also laid back enough that things dont have to be perfect my friend.Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:54 am
by ghazzy

HAHAAHH totally understand my friend.....thanks for the good communication and also the honesty (a I totally understand as my woman is the same hahahahah)Quote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:37 pm
by SitNoir

Hey mate,

Sorry - Real life got in the way a bit this week.
That and no money until payday means no sendy without the wrath of the woman coming down on my ass
However - It's getting closer to pay day - so you'll be right behind the bills I've got to pay

Will let you know

ghazzy wrote:
Hiya mate just checking on status of lizzie guys(been collecting some more here on my end to match what you send t get full army).Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 pm
by ghazzy

Hiya mate just checking on status of lizzie guys(been collecting some more here on my end to match what you send t get full army).Quote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:03 pm
by SitNoir

No worries I'll shoot it across the pond soon as I get paid Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:29 am
by ghazzy

Hahahahahah No sure do not......awesome glad we could work something out.

My address is

Chris Watson
8703 Pertshire
San Antonio Texas 78254

As soon as I get your army ......I will send the wood elves but again my friend dont worry........since I have done 160 plus positive transactions and at least 1/5 of them have been for trades this big.......and also about 1/5 have been out of the country.........your pakage will be ok. (Usually when Btowners send they put 50.00 gift so they dont have to pay an arm and leg for customs but its however yu want).Quote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:01 am
by SitNoir

Ah sod it.

I'll just take all the Wood Elves.
The missus can just consider it an early Birthday present.

You have any issues with posting to Aus?Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:32 pm
by ghazzy

19 DE crossbowmen w/ full command assembled well, clean of excess plastic lines and then primed black ready to paint
10 DE Corsairs current (assembled and primed black)
16 Spearmen (assembled and primed black…have mainly the oval orcish shields w/ skull emblems on them as I thought they looked more pleasing and added a slight touch to make them look different)
1 BSB mounted on elven steed (converted from HE and DE but cleaned of extra mold and plastic lines and primed black)
16 metal witch elves (2 full command sets included in the 16..not assembled or primed)
Assassin in blister
5 current Cold ones assembled and cleaned of excess mold lines w/ full command and primed
6 Older Cold ones (with the fat cold ones)and riders with full command but cleaned of extra lead and mold lines and primed black but not fully assembled)
Cold One chariot (partially assembled and primed and used 2 plastic DE warriors to make crew w/ spear for one and repeater crossbow for other)
Dark Elf Sorceross on Cold one (current edition and primed black)
5 Dark riders

This is about 350.00 USA worth of DEs and I listed about 500 USA dollars Wood elves......to your 450 USA dollar Lizard,men.......so maybe you can pick a combinationQuote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 pm
by SitNoir

If you've got a general idea of what you've got for the DE it can always be chopped and changed.

(Glade Riders as Dark Riders etc)Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 pm
by ghazzy

Well Ok I think I can do a DE army maybe.......not sure I could get as many DE points bt what about a combo of the 2?Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:45 pm
by ghazzy

Found another 5 eternal guard so full unit of 20......plus another warhawk and rider so 4 warhawks. So now you just might be able to add treeman, some treekin if you wanted and waywatchrs if you want (although these are expensive points wise)...plusmaybe get another character if you need or wantedQuote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:45 pm
by SitNoir

Hey mate,

Sorry to be a pain =(

I just got off the phone with the missus, who's "advised" me to not get any Wood Elves, as she's buying a bunch of them for her army of choice.
So that limits my choices down to the Dark Elves.

Sorry to be such a pain =(Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 pm
by ghazzy

Totally coolRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 pm
by ghazzy

Ok mate perfect...............my stuff is about exatly the same as your stuff (maybe 1.50-2.00 US higer on my end but who cares)

Codex

Characters:
Orion and Hounds
Drycha
Spellsinger
Noble w/sword and spear
Noble w/ plumed helmet and spear w/ shield on Horse (he is only model from last edition but still looks good and viable when painted)

Core and Special:
32 gladeguard archers (Full command for both)
24 dryads
8 glade riders(Full command)
10 wardancers
15 eternal guard (Full command)
3 Warhawk riders

Other then maybe adding a few eternal guard and a Treeman and a character or even some waywatchers or treekin ......this is about all youd need for a full army yourself with many units to choose from.

It is all same price roughlyQuote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:38 pm
by SitNoir

heh nice

I only have the one Lizardman armybook unfortunately =(Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:12 pm
by ghazzy

Sure do mate I will get that to you as I think maybe we can do a full swap (heck I even have a extra wood elf codex to go with it).Quote SitNoirRe: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:40 pm
by SitNoir

Was also curious - Do you have a list of what you have/what you'd be willing to trade for the stuff?Re: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:48 pm
by ghazzy

Well hopefully I am your man as I have a horrendous amount of wood elves for you ( did same thing you did and purchased like 3 wood elf armies worth and realized.....what the heck was I thinking) Anyway most are opened and most assembled but it is all new stuff current, and took the work out of your hands by assembling and in some cases priming. So lets see wht I can swing your way. By way when you say new...you do mean your stuff is the current models correct? Like you stegadons are the newest type and NOT just new OLD style metal ones?

Subject: H: Lizardmen. W: Elves!

SitNoir wrote:
I recently purchased about 5k worth of Lizards, and looking back on it, perhaps it was a touch silly, as I'll most never be using that much!
So what this thread is for is to see whether there's anyone out there in the wide world who'd be interested in swapping half the Lizardmen I have for another WHFB army

Special preference will go to the following (in descending order) -

Dark Elves
Wood Elves

And now, what I have!

1 x Slann (NIB)
1 x Oldblood on Foot (NIB)
2 x Stegadons (NIB)
30 x Skinks (NIB/NOS)
24 x Saurus (NOS)
16 x Templeguard (NOS)
4 x Terradons (NIB)
2 x Salamanders (NIB)
12 x Cold One Riders (NOS)

That works out to be around 2600-2700 points before frills, or about 650-670 dollars (AUS) worth of models (using GW's current prices).

Will consider any resonable offers people have (will also consider people calling me crazy for buying that much in the first instance =P)

Cheers!
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Backout: SitNoir-Relisted same army after 1.5 mon. of waitin

Post by starslayer »

Hit him with a negative. He has to learn that he has behaved badly & that kind of trading isnt good for bartertown.
SitNoir ( -10 )
New Trader

Post by SitNoir »

If you'll notice that I mentioned it was half of the army - IE; I'd originally gone to trade off half.
The recent post was the other half, as I'd picked up other minitures and was in no need of the other half of the Lizardmen.
I'm still awaiting a reply from Australia Post as to the whereabouts of the missing models - I'm also shortchanged in this don't forget.

Whilst I can understand the frustration, just thought I'd comment on this and explain the situation.

Cheers.
SitNoir ( -10 )
New Trader

Post by SitNoir »

Oh and you will note that the two armies listed are different - The one that's currently up is the larger half of the forces.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

So you did send? Any proof? Receipt or forms?
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Re: customs fraud???

Post by JohnHwangBT »

just put 50 dollars gift so customs doesnt rake all your cashola
Um, isn't that illegal, customs fraud?
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

JohnHwangBT wrote:
no. and has been stated numerous times, other peoples BTR threads are not the place to bring it up.
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
ghazzy ( 1184 )
Resident Trader

Post by ghazzy »

To quickly address the JohnHwang customs comment.....1.) Hes a big boy he cna put whatever he needs to on the custom form, I dont control that 2.)I was under impression if you put 50 dollar gift then something happened to it.........then your just S.O.of Luck if it is lost/missing/etc. as you cant claim any insurance or something like that and then your out whatever the worth of the figures. Also USED figures worth are relative worth. I can have 2000 dollars worth of figures and if I give them to someone for 20 dollars and say this is my 20 dollar gift to you......then I have now said......I think the figures are worth 20 dollars and then cant go back and claim 2000 dollars for them...............I might be wrong on that .......but really 3.) regardless...and my main point is..............thats not the FOCUS of this topic to lets keep it that topic shall we.....before this runs off into some ridiculous unrelated thread.

To now address SitNoirs comments. Again I was very laid back about the whole issue. I mean my gosh man i waited 1 1/2 months and almost every comment I said to you was laid back and relaxed and UNDERSTANDING. You said many times you couldnt send yet.....as you hadnt been paid.....fine it happens to us all.....but then on more than one time after that you said it was sent or hinted at it being sent. The part that gets me is that there was no sense of urgency, no panic at losing so many figures from you, nothing like "What the heck...my figures didnt arrive?!!! I am so sorry I will get this taken care of, I am worried about all those figures missing, etc". There was no response back to me when I sent my last message about any package coming at all and nothing about really going after the postoffice. I mean before my last post...when on the 23rd I asked" I was wondering what was up with the figures myself?"......Nothing from you ...heck most folks would have sent many many messages saying " ok I went to post office, this is what they said, they said this, this will happen, etc, etc" .....Then again when I sent the last message/post .....if you had sent them I figured you would have been in somewhat of a panic, and again.........nothing......no message.........when I said " I guess this is not going to show up is it?" ...just nothing.

( Yeah I did notice it said half a lizardman army in your newest post but it also says that in your original posting and the newest post contains roughly all the same figures and a bit more...and if your saying that both halves make up ONE lizardman army well...................were you originally playing Apocolypse version of fantasy or something?).....anyway back to my original train of thought. If I posted on Dec 31st....mate the army isnt here whats up I will have to relist the wood elves......then no reply..........but on the 4th of january I see a new posting with the same army and more.......and i have waited 1 1/2 months..........and so to me it seems very sketchy that you just didnt go through with the deal.....and that you kept the amy and once I said......well ok I guess this isnt coming.........you were like "cool".......waited a few days then repoted (why would you be so keen to repost a second lizardman army if indeed it is..........right after you supposedly lost the first lizardman army in your FIRST transaction?) That doesnt make sense either to me.

Anyway.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

getupandgo wrote:
JohnHwangBT wrote:
no. and has been stated numerous times, other peoples BTR threads are not the place to bring it up.
Really? I'd bet any Postal Inspector or US Customs Official would disagree.

By law, a contract to do anything illegal is unenforcible. Suggesting that the other party should deilberately commit an illegal act automatically renders the contract Null and Void.

Ergo, BTR may be appealed and denied on this basis, along with any Neg.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Did the package get sent? Yes or No? If it did, does SitNoir have a customs number for said package? Or a receipt?

Mailing overseas during the holidays can be a nightmare. Has anyone mailed anything overseas during the holidays? If so, how long did it take? Or has it even gotten there yet?

As far as the customs form issue. Drop it for now. The staff will discuss and get back to everyone on that particular issue.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

"Did the package get sent? Yes or No? If it did, does SitNoir have a customs number for said package? Or a receipt? "

Im betting he doesnt. This is all just too convenient.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Okay, here's the response to the customs issue.

Please, note that only staff can determine whether a BTR or negative reference will be successfully appealed or denied. Bartertown does not dictate the specifics of how deals are haggled, bartered, arranged or shipped. Typically, this would not cause a BTR or negative reference to be reversed. To be fair, however, each trade and reference is it's own individual entity and, if refuted, would be looked at based on its' own merits.

If ya'll want to discuss the customs forms issue more, make a new thread in the appropriate forum.

@starslayer: Possibly, but as we have no proof on whether he did or not, it's just speculation. The package could still possibly end up on Ghazzy's doorstep.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Yes it is tax fraud, customs fraud. It has been beaten to death here on specific postings. the people against it are usually outside the US and too cheap to pay their own countries taxes; which is what a customs fee is. A tax on incoming goods. Most countries charge different fees on new goods vs used goods. If it's no longer in a sealed box, it's not new. Some have specific items, like toys, that have a minimal or no fee. Each country is different. Look up the rules at www.usps.com . I've recently seen alot of ebay sellers stating they will not lie on customs forms. So obviously it's a big issue and some of them must've had problems because of it. These are all big traders with ebay refs over 1000. Since not everyone on ebay leaves refs, their actual deal count would be more, even double.

There's not much for the staff to discuss on customs issues. You state the facts. If anyone chooses to not abide by them, then any problems they have are theirs alone.

Shipping during the holidays can add 2 weeks up to double the time for international trades. USPS usually says to ship by December 1st for items to get overseas by xmas. FOR apo/fpo, it's usually by Thanksgiving. Things getting mailed, from every country and anywhere in the US, are transported by air on commercial airlines. It goes as luggage. It gets bumped by paying customers and their luggage; since they pay a higher fee. Anytime airlines stop flying, like with big storms, mail sits at the airport and waits. Some airlines are charging $50 for each checked bag. What do you think is getting on the plane as baggage, a $50 suitcase or a $10 package? Anytime a plane goes down, someone's mail got lost; even if it lands on the water.

Most of the copies of customs form are for internal use only; customs and the post office. You won't get a copy with the number, like you do for insured or d/c. Even if he mailed it, he might not of known to write the customs number down, before he shipped; especially if he's a new trader.

These are the reasons alot of traders are trading, buying dealing, in their country only.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

Ironhide wrote:Okay, here's the response to the customs issue.

Please, note that only staff can determine whether a BTR or negative reference will be successfully appealed or denied. Bartertown does not dictate the specifics of how deals are haggled, bartered, arranged or shipped. Typically, this would not cause a BTR or negative reference to be reversed. To be fair, however, each trade and reference is it's own individual entity and, if refuted, would be looked at based on its' own merits.

If ya'll want to discuss the customs forms issue more, make a new thread in the appropriate forum.

@starslayer: Possibly, but as we have no proof on whether he did or not, it's just speculation. The package could still possibly end up on Ghazzy's doorstep.
As Ironhide already said Take custom chatter to a new thread.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
ghazzy ( 1184 )
Resident Trader

Post by ghazzy »

Hey guys! Wow! Ok well I didnt necessarily expect this threat/post to have so many comments/replies. But I am glad it did as to tell the truth I am learning alot from it.
1st) Thanks for the moderators and others saying make a new thread on the customs deal as really that is NOT what the whole premise of the posting was about. Is it important...sure.....but not what about.
2.) I am learning about the customs things....everyday I learn something new about how the postal service does things and even reading their rules...well it is alot and things are still confusing.....but again...you learn something new everyday. It is harder for us in US to understand sometimes those customs rules as we dont ever have to pay on picking up a pacakge usually that has been shipped to us or for us to ship...other then the normal shipping fee. But I guess most people in other countries that DO pay these customs fees...well I am guessing they know the rules on what to do or not do.....so I am betting SitNoir new what to do or not. Anyway sorry for the confusion here...was my ignorance. So thanks for taking the time to explain this as all who read will know a bit better.
3.) I also want to say if you look............that I have been a member for 16-17 months and as such although I am not a noobie I am also not as much a veteran as some folks because everyone (other then SitNoir) who responded has been a member longer..........but I do want to say look at my rating in this time. My rating is very very high for such a short time and higher percentage wise when compared to the time frame involved....then almost everyone who did respond. And I will tell you I joined at a time when for months the reference system was DOWN and didnt work so when it came back up I had already started my Btown career off with 3-5 DOZEN trades that of course did not all get references so really my rating should probably be higher. I say this because that means 2 things. A.) I am very obviously a serious Btowner and do TONNNSSSS of deals and pacakges (which again just shows with as many packages as i have sent/recieved how you learn something new everyday and I am still learning) B.) For me NOT to have EVER left a Neutral or negative feedback or gotten any by the way (as again I am always under impression you can work things out)....it says alot for me to leave this feedback.
4.) I will repeat like I mentioned earlier that "I WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE WITH LEAVING NO FEEDBACK AND LETTING IT GO......until 3-5 days later I saw almost the same posting of lizardmen with some additions as the trade I thought was lost. Honestly wouldnt most of you folks.....been a bit put off at that point? That was the tipping scale for me. By the way I did ask SOMEONE in PM for their advice (Moderator/staff which I will not really ever divulge by the way) BEFORE I ever LEFT the feedback.
5.) I want to recap the above transactions in a nutshell for easier reading as it is alot and all upside down (which I apologize for that by the way....again this is my first time doing this).

Recap:
1.)Transaction started November 17th (50 days ago)
2.)I was trying to accommodate him with offering some of my WEs for his Lizardmen and stating I would throw in the codex
3.)Then i came back and said I would throw in 5 more eternal guard and a warhawk and rider
4.)Then at exact same minute (as you can see by our posts) he said he didnt want WEs but possibly DEs
5.) So I sent list of DEs
6.) I even said he could pick from BOTH of them
7.) Nov.18th (just 1 day later) he said He would take the WEs (THERE IS THE DEAL RIGHT THERE) He said he would send when paaid and I said cool (as teacher who gets paid every 4-5 weeks heck I know it can be rough at times and MANY folks have worked with me on this) so I was cool with it. (49 days ago)
8.)Nov 25th (1 week later and 42 days ago) I just checked back to see if sent.
9.) Nov 26th (41 days ago) he said Real life in way and had to answer to his wife so they were not sent. I Laughed and said i UNDERSTOOD...cool.....thanks for being honest and letting me know
10.)Dec 4th ( 1 week after that and 33 days ago) I again asked and was ttrying to acoomodate and help out with what i figured was a monetary problem and said he could cram them in a box (that right There says alot on my part because if he had done that and every piece had been broken I would not have been able to complain so how friggen accommadating can THAT possibly be)...then I mentioned the "dreaded" customs gift form (and again sorry I misunderstood..my 3rd Btwon transaction back in my noobie days i sent 600 dollars worth of new orcs and Goblins to someone in Canada and marked it as such and he reamed me out saying he had to pay like 90 dollars customs or soemthing and was very upset....He wanted me to make amends somehow which I did by the way and I felt horrible alrthough i told him sorry mate I didnt know that is how customs worked and that he had to pay and he let me know about since it being used goods I could send as gift next time of lower value, etc, etc, etc) anway I figured he knew as he lived in another country but my ignorance...sigh....but point being is i was trying to be COOL toward Sitnoir and let him know I was laid back about it and willing to be helpful.
But agian...he knows this isnt something to be done I guess from what folk are saying and probably would have marked the lizardman package correctly in customs if he sent.
11.) Here he did NOT respond to me so 2 days later I asked again on Dec 6th
12.) He responded that on Dec7th...he had indeed SENT the package on Dec 6th (OK SO THERE IS THE SENT PACKAGE DATE)....even with Christmas and holidays and over seas........Exactly ONE month ago (31 days) I have waited.....it is past holidays now. Again let me draw attention to how many deals I have done and many of them in 1 month (and currently am in process of about 1/2 dozen more)...so his package having been sent that long ago....not arriving...welll...again at this point i am STILL TOTALLY COOL.
13.) On Dec 22nd (2 weeks AFTER sending) he did mention did I get it
14.) On Dec 23rd I let him know that I had not and was also wondering whats up (SO SEE AT THIS POINT I WAS NOT HOUNDING HIM ABOUT IT). But again...sometimes I know there is a customs form number...sometimes not.
15.) He Said he would call post office by latest of Dec 29th.
16.) Well 29th, 30th, 31st I heard ...NOTHING.....so at this point I just said hey mate its been 1 1/2 months I need to relist I have lost out on some trades (and let me remind you guys coming home, checking mail, asking at post office, spending time on my part and worrying about it myself) and said i would give woodelves if his package came and if I had alrready gotten rid of the WE army would GIVE HIM MY OWN PERSONEL army to honora a deal at this point I thought had gone dour...or give him equivalent of other stuff.....or send his back...how accomodating can that possibly be.
This is what annoyed me....HE STILL DID NOT RESPOND. So at this point I still WOULD HAVE DROPPED IT.
17.) The clincher on my leaving feedback was seeing a NEW POST on Jan4th (4-5 days later) with more then ALL THE SAME lizardman stuff.........really honestly..........what do I need to do to be justified in finally........finally being miffed.
Here is soemthing else no one thought about:
If he is willing to trade this NEW supposed 2nd HALF of a DIFFERENT lizardman army...........to someone for a new army................and he is writing off the supposed 1st package. Then shouldnt he just say ...................."Hey mate not sure what happened with first pacakge but I have all the same lizardman stuff so i am going to definitely send all this stuff in confirmed pacakging and send it to you for the original wood elf deal we had set". See wether he gives this "2nd" lot of lizardmen to me for the WEs..........or to someone else for THEIR army.........he is still getting an army. If he is willing to trade off that 2nd batch without the first batch being found. No offense it confuses me why willing to trade a second group if first is lost and that second group should be first dibs to me). Anyway that is what finally warranted the feedback from me. So..........(Gees can i type or what hahahah).

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”