BTR: Ken Jones - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Alaric ( 286 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR: Ken Jones - Resolved

Post by Lord Alaric »

Apologies about that,here is a copy of the email correspondence between Mr Kenneth Jones and myself.

Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 06:18:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Albert Sweet" <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Dark Elves
To: "KEN JONES" <ken31169@gmail.com>

Mr. Jones,
This is to inform you that I am now beginning to take the appropriate steps to ensure that I recieve my money back in full.You have had ample time to complete our dealing and have failed miserably to do so.

Regards
Albert Sweet

KEN JONES <ken31169@gmail.com> wrote:
I am sorry I had to do things this way. I am not trying to make enemies. I am only selling my dark elf army due to some serious lack of funds. I was not able to send out the mini's til I got the money. I have the money and they will ship out tomorrow or friday morning at the latest. Sorry, my bank is slow sometimes when it comes to paypal. Sorry for all of this.

Ken

On 9/21/05, Albert Sweet <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com> wrote:
OK...I'm starting to get a little upset and suspicious.You told me Teusday at the latest for a confirmation umber to verify that my items had been shipped.It is now Wednesday...and still nothing.
If I dont get a confirmation number in my email tonight then I'm going to have to ask for my money back.$139.00.

I have been waiting for a week and a half.Normally,once paypal payments are made,people send the goods out immediately.This is the first(and last) time I'll conduct business in this manner.I feel I have been more than patient in this transaction.

If,by chance you are just being overly cautious,then I apologize for what may seem accusatory.

Regards,
Albert Sweet

Oh. I got the payment into my paypal. I just gotta wait for it to go into my account. Thats all.

Ken

On 9/15/05, Albert Sweet <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com > wrote:
I remember that email...but i also got a paypal notice that payment was complete,thats why i was asking is all.

I emailed you on 3 days ago. I am waiting for your payment to hit my bank account. They shoudl go out by tuesday at the latest.

On 9/15/05, Albert Sweet <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com > wrote:
Just checking to see if you maile my minis yet.Please let me know.

I am waiting for it to clear my bank account. Then it will go out
I will email you as soon as I do

Ken

On 9/12/05, Albert Sweet <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com > wrote:
Hey,just wondering about the status of the dark elf stuff i bought.Please let me know.

No problem

On 9/9/05, Albert Sweet <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com > wrote:
OK...going to paypal the money after this email....$139.00.Please email me the confirmation number after models are shipped.

Ummm, no. But I could send it priority with confirmation for 14 total. Plus the 125. SO its only 2 dollars more.

Ken

Is that Priority mail with a confirmation number?

Shipping should be about 12 dollars. You can paypal the amount of $137.00 to my paypal account which is ken31169@gmail.com As soon as I receive the money into my account. I will send out your items. Then leaving feedback as well. As, well, I need some feedback. :)

Ken

address is:
Albert Sweet
119 Starwood Circle Lot 18
Jacksonville,NC

Depends on where you live

WHat is your address?

On 9/8/05, Albert Sweet <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com > wrote:
So,for all 5 boxes of Executioners and Malekith thats $125.00.I can Pay via Paypal tomorrow evening(payday,thank god).What is shipping costs?

20 dollars a box. I have 5 left. You should get them all. That is a great deal. I still have malekith, 5 boxes of executioners, I also have a cauldron of blood. Just throwing that in there. They are all new in box and unopened. All the dark elf boxes I have are like that.

Ken

On 9/8/05, Albert Sweet <aw_sweet2@yahoo.com > wrote:
Hi,
Was wondering how many boxes of the Executioners you have left.At $20 a box i may just buy them all,lol.
ANd just to confirm,they are all unassembled,bare metal in the original boxes?Wondering same about Malekith.Please let me know.
Thanks,
Albert Sweet

BTW.....i used to deal on Bartertown all the time awhile back,you can check my refs under old email address toosweet@wna-linknet.com on the trade refs section.

Sorry to have it sort of double posted and for waste of space,still learning the new(to me) system.Anyways,theres my evidence.
Also,if you look at his refs under his name,you will see that he has ripped people off in the past,and in fact....Malekith indeed went to someone other than myself....when I clearly paid in full for the items mentioned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

It's only been 17 days.

Granted, he is acting a bit suspicious, but if you're really concerned, simply go through paypal and have them reverse the transaction; tell them you never received the goods and have reason to believe you never will.

Just write or call customer service.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
Lord Alaric ( 286 )
Journeyman Trader

only 17 days?

Post by Lord Alaric »

Only 17 days you say?....thats more than enough time for the money to have been deposited to his bank account.And more than enough for my items to have been shipped to me.I paid him on the 9th of this month....and included enough for the items to be shipped Priority mail....
I have contacted paypal and filed my claim,they have to investigate before they can do anything.(which they are doing).

No offense but if im waiting more than a week after i make a trade or pay someone via paypal...then theres a serious problem.
And if you think Im jumping the gun...do a ref search under his name Ken Jones....He sold Malekith to someone else....if thats not proof enough then i dont know what more you need.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

lol you're preaching to the choir.

But stop for a moment and realize that not everyone leads a perfect life and sometimes people have issues that come up and can't do everything you'd like them to do as planned.

There is more to life than bartertown trades, you know.

But like i said, if you are that worried about it, file a report with paypal and get them to reverse your transaction.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

ergerg

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sid's right.

Seventeen days REALLY isn't THAT long to wait for someone to ship out, under the RIGHT corcumstances.

Yours, however, don't appear to be the RIGHT ones.

At first, his claims make sense to anyone who has used PayPal for a while.
Your payment to him is instantaneous. His bank account, however, might be empty. If he doesn't have a PayPal debit card (many people don't want to upgrade from the free account to get this), he has to transfer from PP to his bank. That takes 4 or 5 business days, typically.

So, initially, he really WASN'T doing anything suspicious.

Even selling a Malekith previously (multiple copies of models is not unusual... even form character models).

What IS suspicious, and where you DO have cause to worry is that it has NOW taken this long and you haven't gotten (a) your stuff or (b) D.C. information.

No offense but if im waiting more than a week after i make a trade or pay someone via paypal...then theres a serious problem.
More than a week is NOT bad.
Figure this.
If you trade with ME, I make it clear that I can ONLY ship on Wednesdays. Ask anyone who has traded with me.
If you pay me on a Wednesday evening, it will be a week before I even get to the post office. NOw, unless we have decided otherwise, I am shipping with parcel post or first class mail. That is usually about FOUR business days, right there, in my experience.
In that case, payment to receiving the item is, like, 13 days.

Granted, trades with me are different than this one, since I get Delivery Confirmation and keep in constant contact... but a week is unrealistic.
If you are expecting all trades to be received in a week's time, you should rethink whether or not trading is for you.

That being said, you definitely have reason to suspect him. Good luck with the PayPal claim. the only problem with that is they can't take it from him if it is not there, as I understand it.

If you're going to do it, do it right. Follow the links in Insidius' sig line, as well as contacting HIS local P.D.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

In situations like these, try not to forget that we've just had a major natural disaster, as well.

May not affect you where you live, but there is always a chance that it has affected the person you are trading with.

A small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Lord Alaric ( 286 )
Journeyman Trader

Life happens

Post by Lord Alaric »

Yes,I understand that life happens at times.Thats just the way it goes.I do,however,expect people that I trade with to be honest with me at all times.I'm not an unreasonable person at all,I just dont like being ripped off.

And as far as only being able to mail once a week(Sid)....you completely explain that to the people that you deal with ahead of time,am I right?

I recieved nothing but excuses from Mr. Jones.So,I decided to take action before the trail went cold,so to speak.I work too hard for the money that I spend on minis to just write it off.I have been ripped off on Bartertown before,and had to just let it go,because I was lenient in the matter,it will not happen again if I have anything to do with it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

tyuty

Post by MagickalMemories »

Actually, that was me.

Still, though... you understood the point.

I'm open about it.

If I was going to wait until after transferring your payment to my bank, I'd notify you of that, as well.

You are correct to take the actions you are. Regardless of whether or not this guy is attempting a scam, you are correct.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Lord Alaric ( 286 )
Journeyman Trader

Dispute resolved

Post by Lord Alaric »

For those interested,Mr Jones and I have successfully resolved our dispute.I wish him a happy trading future here on Bartertown.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”