backout - MikhailLenin

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

HarveyDent ( 3250 )
Bartertown Advertiser

backout - MikhailLenin

Post by HarveyDent »

I usually don't use this forum, but this particular backout really ticked me off. I hope I got the formatting correct (feel free to PM if I have posted incorrectly). I've put the posts in order numerically, but some of the dates are missing :(

Anyhow, here it is:

1)
Re: H: Iyanden Theme Eldar & Khorne Demons [W:] Mech IG or $$$
Sent: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:35 am
by HarveyDent

hey there,
i'm interested in your bloodcrushers (if you're willing to part them out). i have the following to trade:
2 chimaeras, both with heavy bolter, heavy stubber, multi-laser - 23 each
10 kasrkin, including 2 meltaguns and 1 sergeant - 30
4 kasrkin with lasguns - 15 for all
4 kasrkin with flamers – 5 each
4 kasrkin with grenade launchers – 5 each

everything is assembled and unpainted, although a few of the kasrkin are primed grey.
i also have a few more IG things that weren't listed in your 'wants' if you want to see a list...and i have a TON of other things to trade as well.
thanks,

geoff

2)
MikhailLenin wrote:

I would be down with trading the 5 BC, for the 2 Chimeras, that Karskin Squad (10 kasrkin, including 2 meltaguns and 1 sergeant) and the Grenade Launchers ones.

3)
Sent: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:17 am
by HarveyDent

sounds fine to me, as long as the bloodcrushers aren't converted

so it's 5x bloodcrusher (chaos demons)

for:
2x chimaera
10-man kasrkin squad w/2x meltagun & sgt
4x GL kasrkin

however, i do adhere strictly to the practice of 'lowest rating ships first' so i hope that's not a problem for you.
here's my address:
xxxxxxxx
thanks!

geoff

4)
MikhailLenin wrote:

Which is fine with me, All the crushers are assembled and on MC bases, regarding shipping, since the Bloodletter on top of the crushers have a tendency to fall off easily since i refused to pin them until i painted them, I hope you don't mind that I ship them with the BC unglued from the Juggernaut. I will get a chance to ship them off at the end of the week as I am currently swamped at the university atm.

Here is my phone number xxxxxxxxxx if you want to give me a call. I will send you tracking number and package data the instant i send them your way.

5)
Sent: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:37 pm
by HarveyDent

if by 'BC unglued from the juggernaut' you mean the bloodletter unglued from the crusher, then that's fine
where are you located, by the way?

geoff

At this point, MikhailLenin and I spoke over the phone (IIRC it was either Wednesday or Thursday night when he returned my initial call). He answered a couple of questions I had about the Bloodcrushers and assured me that they were 'Crushers and not the older Juggernauts. He agreed to ship the following week when he got a chance; he was busy with classes.

6)
by Harveydent

hey there,
i have a quick update for 'ya. i've had to leave town for a week due to an illness in the family. i won't be back until the 16 (week from monday) so i will pick up your package when i get back and then ship your stuff out right away. i hope this won't be a problem...
thanks,

geoff

7)
Sent: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:44 am
by MikhailLenin

Yeah, I havent gotten a chance to send it over to you on friday and on Saturday a regular at my gamenights offered me 220$ for the Daemons so I took his offer up mostly because out of convenience I hope this doesn't piss you off. I am sorry.

8 )
by Harveydent

actually this is what is considered a 'backout.' when you organize a deal with someone, commit to it, and they commit to it as well, it is quite annoying when you just say "sorry, i just broke our deal because i am taking a different opportunity."

geoff
When The Pawn Hits The Conflicts He Thinks Like A King
What He Knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight
And He’ll Win The Whole Thing ‘Fore He Enters The Ring
There’s No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might
So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand
And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights
And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land
And If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: backout - MikhailLenin

Post by MagickalMemories »

Looks like all your information is here, Geoff.

I'm wondering why you're missing the PM dates on all of HIS PM's. Is that something you are able to provide?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
HarveyDent ( 3250 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by HarveyDent »

the way i keep track of my messages in my inbox is to keep the most recent message from any given member. inside that message is the record of all messages sent/received, but for some reason, the record contains only the quoted messages of the other person... and the quoted messages don't contain the dates. after going back in there to double-check, i can confirm that i only have the dates i've already posted.

geoff
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

You're suffering from DPMD (deleted PM disease). If you delete older PMs (sent or received), you will not get a complete picture. The missing ones are deleted from that record as you found out. I recommend not deleting active trades until feedback is completed if you have the space in your PM folders.
HarveyDent ( 3250 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by HarveyDent »

so if i keep all the messages from an active trade, will all the messages appear in the message record within any given message? ...or will i have to open each message individually in order to cut and paste their info into another document?
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

If you keep them all, below any message you open in that chain, you would have the complete chain. Even if you open the first message, you would have them all showing below it. It really is a great enhancement we got with the upgrade.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

If you're not copying the posts offsite, then you shouldn't be deleting any PMs until the deal concludes.

Btown gives lots of PM space - use it!
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

JohnHwangBT wrote:If you're not copying the posts offsite, then you shouldn't be deleting any PMs until the deal concludes.

Btown gives lots of PM space - use it!
Agreed.
Your inbox now has a (recently upgraded from 600) 750 message capacity.
In addition, your sent messages, outbox, and any alternative box you create has the same capacity.
So, 10 boxes @ 750 PMs each = ...a lot of f***ing storage. LOL

If you're the type who only runs a couple deals at a time, you can create separate folders for each trade (MM trade, JHBT trade, Creeper Trade, etc) and move all of your received messages from that individual into that folder. When the trade is completed amicably, just delete the folder & contents.

The way you're doing it now, copying the person's entire previous message, works in a sense. The problem is that you have no proof of date & time without the actual PM. Also, you have no proof you didn't manipulate the quoted text. KWIM?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
HarveyDent ( 3250 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by HarveyDent »

yeah, totally heard.

i figured that the ultimate foil would be an admin who could just look into my inbox and say "yes, that's accurate." but i suppose i can just save all the messages... :)

anyhow, so that's my so-called 'beef.'

thanks for the advice about keeping time-stamps.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

HarveyDent wrote:yeah, totally heard.

i figured that the ultimate foil would be an admin who could just look into my inbox and say "yes, that's accurate." but i suppose i can just save all the messages... :)

anyhow, so that's my so-called 'beef.'

thanks for the advice about keeping time-stamps.
We would only look into your inbox under the most extreme circumstances and with your permission.
There are very few (and they ARE extreme) circumstances I could think of that we'd try to hack our way into someone's inbox.
:shudders:
I don't even want to think about that kind of invasion, though.

Eric

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”