BTR Alex Thomas: Deathwing14 - Resolved(ish)

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

adsVampire ( 138 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR Alex Thomas: Deathwing14 - Resolved(ish)

Post by adsVampire »

OK, I started a trade with Alex Thomas (aka Deathwing14) over 5 weeks ago. After we agreed upon a trade I promptly sent my stuff to him. Well, it has been over 3 weeks since he has received my stuff and I get nothing but excuses in return as to why he can't send the return items. Oh, and over the past 3 days he has stopped checking his PMs. I've seen this pattern before by scammers (I've gotten scammed twice before on this site). So, my question is, what can I do about this guy? His "name" and address are below along with my PM chain regarding the trade. You will need to start at the bottom and work your way up.

Alex Thomas
3312 NW 54th Terr
Gainesville, FL 32606

Re: H: WoC, BoC, TK W: 40K, DE, HE
Sent: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:15 pm
by adsVampire

Well, I did not receive a package today ... sigh. If I do not have the package by Saturday (that's 12/12/2009) then I'll be forced to contact the Gainesville police and get them involved as well. I'm sorry, but, I see no other alternative. You've had ample time to send me the return items and have done nothing but come up with excuse after excuse.

Sent: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:26 am
by adsVampire

So I should expect to see the package delivered to me on wednesday at the latest? Has it been mailed yet?

Quote Deathwing14Re: H: WoC, BoC, TK W: 40K, DE, HE
Sent: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:59 am
by Deathwing14

Yes, they have a regular pick up from UPS (I think). She did not have the package ready for them in time for the drop but it will be picked up Monday. I asked her (since we have had so many delays on my end) to ship it second day air so you should look for it no later than Wednesday. There will not be a tracing number until they pick it up and I will get it to you ASAP.

Sent: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:54 pm
by adsVampire

Hey there. Your wife was able to ship that large package from work? Were you able to get the tracking number? And when should I expect to see the package?

Sent: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:46 pm
by Deathwing14

My wife mailed it from her office this afternoon. I do not have a tracking number yet but I should have one tonight. I will message you with it later.

Sent: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:13 am
by adsVampire

Good afternoon, have you had a chance to mail out the package? If so do you have a tracking number?

Sent: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:59 am
by Deathwing14

The world seems to be conspiring against me in this. We had severe storms yesterday and I spent today cleaning up and recovering my house. I may get the package out today but its more likely to go tomorrow.

I apologize for the delay but it was unavoidable.

Sent: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:35 am
by adsVampire

So, any luck shipping this out? Do you have a tracking number?

Sent: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 pm
by Deathwing14

No worries. I found that covering the orrange with Shining Gold makes lovely bronze color which will keep my friends from poking fun......

Sent: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 am
by adsVampire

Great. Thanks for the reply. The color choice is very different for TK but I've found that to get good appearance scores for tournament play you need to use flashy colors. People love the bone giant and most really liked the colors as well. I can supply the color names if you'd like ... unless you hate it .

Sent: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 am
by Deathwing14

adsVampire wrote:
Not to be a pain but have you mailed the stuff out? And if so do you have a tracking number?

No pain at all. I just got a chance to look through the stuff and, other than the color choice (I live in Gainesville....home of The UF Gators...lol) it looked like a couple (2) archers were among the missing but I am not sweating that.

I will have your stuff packed up and out to you no later than first thing tomorrow morning (depending upon how my day progresses, it may be this afternoon).

Sent: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:08 pm
by adsVampire

Not to be a pain but have you mailed the stuff out? And if so do you have a tracking number?

Sent: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:09 am
by adsVampire

Bummer. Thanks for the reply.

Sent: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 am
by Deathwing14

Yes, my wife said it was on our door step Monday. I have been out of town and will not be back until tomorrow morning. I will have your stuff out to you by Tuesday as I will be heading back out of town Friday at OMG O'clock and I am not sure I will have a chance to repack the Dark Eldar in your packing foam.

Sent: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:48 am
by adsVampire

Hi there, I see that everything arrived on Monday. I hope everythinbg is in order? Also, please send me a tracking number with the return items when you are able.

Sent: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:35 pm
by adsVampire

The package has gone out. The tracking number is: 0308 2690 0000 7867 6695. In order to ensure everything will get there in one piece I had to use much of my good foam. Please use the same foam to mail the return items. Thanks.

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 am
by Deathwing14

No worries. Thanks for pointing out the New Trader deal. I will message the admins.

Please do ship as soon as you are able and comfortable with the packaging but the sooner the better. Do you have any pics of some of the conversions? I am quite curious.

I will ship the Dark Eldar within 24 hours of getting the tracking number.

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:53 am
by adsVampire

I checked as well and you do in fact have a higher rating. I'll PM the tracking number when I have everything in order and sent out. It will be a few days since I really want to be careful in packing everything. If for some reason you don't like the stuff then just send it back.

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 am
by Deathwing14

adsVampire wrote:
When I click on your user name your rank is "New Trader" while mine is "Apprentice Trader". How can you have a higher rating than me and have a lower rank?

Im not sure. I just looked and, sure enough, it says new trader. Do a search under "check references" you should find that I have 14 all positive references.

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:43 am
by adsVampire

When I click on your user name your rank is "New Trader" while mine is "Apprentice Trader". How can you have a higher rating than me and have a lower rank?

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:33 am
by adsVampire

Do you happen to have a link to somewhere you have posted in bartertown? I need to confirm your rating and history and such and am unable to find anything when I use the search function.Quote Deathwing14Re: H: WoC, BoC, TK W: 40K, DE, HE
Sent: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:16 pm
by Deathwing14

Cool. I was not going to worry about the trader rating thing but, as I count it, my rating is slightly higher tan yours....something like 22 You, 28 me.

At any rate, I will ship as soon as I see that you send me a tracking number.

My address is:

Alex Thomas
3312 NW 54th Terr
Gainesville, FL 32606

I look forward to a great trade.Re: H: WoC, BoC, TK W: 40K, DE, HE
Sent: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:17 pm
by adsVampire

I've traded all but about 5-6 hounds (I'd need to check but if I had more I would put them into the pot). I'd be willing to trade my TK and hounds for your Dark Eldar. Per standard BT policy the lower rating person ships first. My address is the following:

My mailing info was here.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 pm
by Deathwing14

adsVampire wrote:
I know nothing about DE. Are those models metal or plastic. And are they painted well or badly? I don't care about the painting but just want to know.

adsVampire wrote:
I know nothing about DE. Are those models metal or plastic. And are they painted well or badly? I don't care about the painting but just want to know.

Most of the models are plastic and most are just primed. All of the Warriors except for some of the Heavy Weapons guys are plastic. The Raiders are plastic, the Jet Bikes are plastic, the rest is metal.

The Arkon and Drakkon are well painted. The Incubi are decently painted, the Hamunculus is well painted and just needs some dry brush and a bit of ink to finish it off. The Raiders are somewhat painted but, again, they need some help. Warriors are, as I said, a range of bare plastic to partially painted and some are on the sprew (those were not counted in the 100). Wytches are bare metal or primed, Warp Beasts are bare metal, Scourges are bare metal, Jet Bikes are primed.....I think that about covers it.

At a glance, it looks like TK for De is a pretty fair trade. I would like to see if you would be willing to toss in the Chaos Hounds to square it off.....let me know.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm
by adsVampire

I know nothing about DE. Are those models metal or plastic. And are they painted well or badly? I don't care about the painting but just want to know.Quote Deathwing14Re: H: WoC, BoC, TK W: 40K, DE, HE
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 pm
by Deathwing14

Dark Eldar:

4 Raiders
10 Jet Bikes (one with a Blaster)
1 Talos
1 Archon
7 Incubi
1 Drakkon
1 Hemuculus
10 Grotesques
3 Warp Beasts w/ Beast Master
5 Scourges
8 Wytches
about 100 warriors in various states of assembly.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 pm
by Deathwing14

I do. Let me get you an inventory of the Dark Eldar.

The LM list is a lot of Skinks and some Saurus Warriors 2 last edition Sallies and one new as well as a last edition Steggies.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 am
by adsVampire

Dark Eldar and LM sound enticing. Do you have the Dark Eldar codex as well?

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 am
by Deathwing14

I have Lizardmen, Dark Eldar and some Daemons available.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:35 am
by adsVampire

I'd really only be interested in the pod and 2 tech marines. I have a lot of the rest. Do you have anything else you are willing to trade as well?

Sent: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:44 pm
by Deathwing14

Do you have any interest in an Iron Hands army:

4 Tac Squads
4 Dreds
1 Drop Pod
2 Tech Marines
1 Land Raider

I am interested in your TK army.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Re: Bad Trader Alex Thomas aka Deathwing14

Post by blackspade »

I just thought I would point out that you need to put the PMs in order by date, from start to finish.

Sorry your having this problem.
Skol!
a1steaks ( 134 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by a1steaks »

He has vanished on me as well. Sent him a package of Ork stuff, which he has received. He was supposed to send me some Marine models, and he hasn't yet. He also has stopped responding to my PM's as well. Not a great experience for my first transaction on Bartertown...
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

a1steaks... you cannot post "me too" posts on another persons BTR. If it has been a reasonable amount of time passing (say 10 days) .. post your OWN BTR on him. Understand that sometimes life does get in the way.. and stopping responding might mean unable to get to the site. If you DO decide to BTR the deal, as has been mentioned, we LOVE it when the PM's are in proper chronological order.

To the OP.. are the PMs to him moving from the OUTbox to the Sentbox? If not, then he has not accessed them, and may be unable to.

I do agree that the various excuses for not mailing are sounding fishy.

(and to clear something up.. your "title" on the site is derived from total post count, not references. If someone has very little posts, then they are a New Trader... after a little while, they become an Apprentice Trader, etc. It is tracked seperately from the Good/Bad References)
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

blackspade wrote:I just thought I would point out that you need to put the PMs in order by date, from start to finish.

For the record, that is not a requirement.

...of course, you'll get a lot more help from people if you DO.... but it's not required. Only having the proof posted is required.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

MagickalMemories wrote:
blackspade wrote:I just thought I would point out that you need to put the PMs in order by date, from start to finish.

For the record, that is not a requirement.

...of course, you'll get a lot more help from people if you DO.... but it's not required. Only having the proof posted is required.

Eric
Good point. I meant to qualify the statement, but got distracted!
It sure does make them eisier to read and follow along though!
Skol!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Agreed. See my sig.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
adsVampire ( 138 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by adsVampire »

Here is the entire PM chain in reverse order. Also, it is Sunday now and I have no package and I see he has stopped reading his PM because they are still in my "Sent" box. I'll be filing a police report in Gainesville very soon and have PMed another user about him (he had 4 previous trades with him).

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:44 pm
by Deathwing14

Do you have any interest in an Iron Hands army:

4 Tac Squads
4 Dreds
1 Drop Pod
2 Tech Marines
1 Land Raider

I am interested in your TK army.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:35 am
by adsVampire

I'd really only be interested in the pod and 2 tech marines. I have a lot of the rest. Do you have anything else you are willing to trade as well?

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:37 am
by Deathwing14

I have Lizardmen, Dark Eldar and some Daemons available.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 am
by adsVampire

Dark Eldar and LM sound enticing. Do you have the Dark Eldar codex as well?

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 pm
by Deathwing14

I do. Let me get you an inventory of the Dark Eldar.

The LM list is a lot of Skinks and some Saurus Warriors 2 last edition Sallies and one new as well as a last edition Steggies.
Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:27 pm
by Deathwing14

Dark Eldar:

4 Raiders
10 Jet Bikes (one with a Blaster)
1 Talos
1 Archon
7 Incubi
1 Drakkon
1 Hemuculus
10 Grotesques
3 Warp Beasts w/ Beast Master
5 Scourges
8 Wytches
about 100 warriors in various states of assembly.

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm
by adsVampire

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:01 pm
by Deathwing14

adsVampire wrote:

adsVampire wrote:

Most of the models are plastic and most are just primed. All of the Warriors except for some of the Heavy Weapons guys are plastic. The Raiders are plastic, the Jet Bikes are plastic, the rest is metal.

The Arkon and Drakkon are well painted. The Incubi are decently painted, the Hamunculus is well painted and just needs some dry brush and a bit of ink to finish it off. The Raiders are somewhat painted but, again, they need some help. Warriors are, as I said, a range of bare plastic to partially painted and some are on the sprew (those were not counted in the 100). Wytches are bare metal or primed, Warp Beasts are bare metal, Scourges are bare metal, Jet Bikes are primed.....I think that about covers it.

At a glance, it looks like TK for De is a pretty fair trade. I would like to see if you would be willing to toss in the Chaos Hounds to square it off.....let me know.

Sent: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:17 pm
by adsVampire

I've traded all but about 5-6 hounds (I'd need to check but if I had more I would put them into the pot). I'd be willing to trade my TK and hounds for your Dark Eldar. Per standard BT policy the lower rating person ships first. My address is the following:

My mailing info was here.

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:16 pm
by Deathwing14

Cool. I was not going to worry about the trader rating thing but, as I count it, my rating is slightly higher tan yours....something like 22 You, 28 me.

At any rate, I will ship as soon as I see that you send me a tracking number.

My address is:

Alex Thomas
3312 NW 54th Terr
Gainesville, FL 32606

I look forward to a great trade.

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:33 am
by adsVampire

Do you happen to have a link to somewhere you have posted in bartertown? I need to confirm your rating and history and such and am unable to find anything when I use the search function.

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:43 am
by adsVampire

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 am
by Deathwing14

adsVampire wrote:

Im not sure. I just looked and, sure enough, it says new trader. Do a search under "check references" you should find that I have 14 all positive references.

Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:53 am
by adsVampire

I checked as well and you do in fact have a higher rating. I'll PM the tracking number when I have everything in order and sent out. It will be a few days since I really want to be careful in packing everything. If for some reason you don't like the stuff then just send it back.

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:14 am
by Deathwing14

No worries. Thanks for pointing out the New Trader deal. I will message the admins.

Please do ship as soon as you are able and comfortable with the packaging but the sooner the better. Do you have any pics of some of the conversions? I am quite curious.

I will ship the Dark Eldar within 24 hours of getting the tracking number.

Sent: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:35 pm
by adsVampire

The package has gone out. The tracking number is: 0308 2690 0000 7867 6695. In order to ensure everything will get there in one piece I had to use much of my good foam. Please use the same foam to mail the return items. Thanks.

Sent: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:48 am
by adsVampire

Hi there, I see that everything arrived on Monday. I hope everythinbg is in order? Also, please send me a tracking number with the return items when you are able.

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:10 am
by Deathwing14

Yes, my wife said it was on our door step Monday. I have been out of town and will not be back until tomorrow morning. I will have your stuff out to you by Tuesday as I will be heading back out of town Friday at OMG O'clock and I am not sure I will have a chance to repack the Dark Eldar in your packing foam.

Sent: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:09 am
by adsVampire

Bummer. Thanks for the reply.

Sent: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:08 pm
by adsVampire

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 am
by Deathwing14

adsVampire wrote:

No pain at all. I just got a chance to look through the stuff and, other than the color choice (I live in Gainesville....home of The UF Gators...lol) it looked like a couple (2) archers were among the missing but I am not sweating that.

I will have your stuff packed up and out to you no later than first thing tomorrow morning (depending upon how my day progresses, it may be this afternoon).

Sent: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 am
by adsVampire

Great. Thanks for the reply. The color choice is very different for TK but I've found that to get good appearance scores for tournament play you need to use flashy colors. People love the bone giant and most really liked the colors as well. I can supply the color names if you'd like ... unless you hate it .

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 pm
by Deathwing14

No worries. I found that covering the orrange with Shining Gold makes lovely bronze color which will keep my friends from poking fun......

Sent: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:35 am
by adsVampire

So, any luck shipping this out? Do you have a tracking number?

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:59 am
by Deathwing14

The world seems to be conspiring against me in this. We had severe storms yesterday and I spent today cleaning up and recovering my house. I may get the package out today but its more likely to go tomorrow.

I apologize for the delay but it was unavoidable.

Sent: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:13 am
by adsVampire

Good afternoon, have you had a chance to mail out the package? If so do you have a tracking number?

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:46 pm
by Deathwing14

My wife mailed it from her office this afternoon. I do not have a tracking number yet but I should have one tonight. I will message you with it later.

Sent: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:54 pm
by adsVampire

Hey there. Your wife was able to ship that large package from work? Were you able to get the tracking number? And when should I expect to see the package?

Quote Deathwing14
Sent: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:59 am
by Deathwing14

Yes, they have a regular pick up from UPS (I think). She did not have the package ready for them in time for the drop but it will be picked up Monday. I asked her (since we have had so many delays on my end) to ship it second day air so you should look for it no later than Wednesday. There will not be a tracing number until they pick it up and I will get it to you ASAP.

Sent: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:26 am
by adsVampire

So I should expect to see the package delivered to me on wednesday at the latest? Has it been mailed yet?

Sent: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:15 pm
by adsVampire

Well, I did not receive a package today ... sigh. If I do not have the package by Saturday (that's 12/12/2009) then I'll be forced to contact the Gainesville police and get them involved as well. I'm sorry, but, I see no other alternative. You've had ample time to send me the return items and have done nothing but come up with excuse after excuse.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

man...whats with all the Gainesville Florida thieves.

you know....it really seems like these two addresses from Kyle Stout and Alex are pretty close together..I wonder if they know each other.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

It seems that our friend Kyle lives a block down the road from Kyle....I thought they looked familiar.
bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

sorry meant to say alex
adsVampire ( 138 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by adsVampire »

Well, I've filed an FBI Mail Fraud complaint, a USPS mail fraud complaint, and police reports with the Gainesville and my local police departments. I've also sent Alex a personal letter (hey, you never know ... maybe he'll grow a conscience) and filled out a Bad Trader reference. I don't know what else I can do. I guess the next step is to see if I can damage his credit rating as well ... but I'm not hopeful on that one.
Deathwing14 ( 8 )
Account Terminated - Multiple ID's

Post by Deathwing14 »

adsVampire wrote:Well, I've filed an FBI Mail Fraud complaint, a USPS mail fraud complaint, and police reports with the Gainesville and my local police departments. I've also sent Alex a personal letter (hey, you never know ... maybe he'll grow a conscience) and filled out a Bad Trader reference. I don't know what else I can do. I guess the next step is to see if I can damage his credit rating as well ... but I'm not hopeful on that one.

The "issue" was never a lack of conscience and I do not know "Kyle Stout" so far as I am aware. Additionally, I am not and never have been a "thief". Packages to both injured parties were shipped this afternoon (which was my absolute earliest access to the internet and a post office.....hell, it was my earliest opportunity to do anything stateside at all. There are those of us who have obligations.

I apologize for any hardship these delays may have caused anyone involved and, when posting this sort of thing, factual content is much better than character assassination with petty name calling. Just my two cents. All previous trades that I have made have been top notch so the benefit of the doubt might have been in order.

Again. Apologies to all injured parties.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Are you saying your trades are not obligations?
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Deathwing14 ( 8 )
Account Terminated - Multiple ID's

Post by Deathwing14 »

Ironhide wrote:Are you saying your trades are not obligations?
Not at all....hence the apologies. What I am saying is that everything in life has a priority and that trading has to take a backseat to deployment.

If the trade was not an obligation I would not have bothered to make good on it, neither would I have expressed any sort of remorse for the delay in fulfilling the obligation.

Clearer now?

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”