C5low13 Backout : the dog ate my homework

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

bielmic ( 140 )
Resident Trader

C5low13 Backout : the dog ate my homework

Post by bielmic »

or apparently the minis trading version of that excuse. he posted a long list of items for sale and i locked in the planetstrike book within a few hours with payment sent. a few days later, i pm'ed about shipping and he said it was going out the next day. well, the next day i get a refund stating that a paint pot spilled over the book. i don't really care about cover damage (i would have taken a partial refund on that but still wanted it) so i asked if there was paint on the inside also and to send me a picture to confirm the damage (explicitly stating that i wanted to make sure it wasn't a backout also and that he had doublesold the item). well, a few promises, pm's, and three weeks later i don't have that picture. the guy has the capability of taking pics since he had a gallery for all his items so i think the pendulum has swung from honest mistake towards a backout. i have a full refund so i'm not sure if this also deserves a neutral transaction report. if i don't get the picture posted here (maybe this will get his attention), i might leave a neutral feedback with description. what do you guys think?

Re: Quitting Sale...Eldar, IG, SW, + Marines - All New + Wrapped
Sent: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 pm
by bielmic

i'll take the planetstrike book but i do insist on including delivery confirmation with shipping (i'm in the US, newnan GA 30265 in case you need to calculate it). i'll pay first since you have the higher rating. is your email at the bottom your paypal address? pm me if you're alright with the terms above.

Subject: Quitting Sale...Eldar, IG, SW, + Marines - All New + Wrapped

C5low13 wrote:
FOR PICS...PLEASE GO HERE:http://gallery.me.com/fatalsports/100801

Hey everyone,

I am quitting Warhammer. I already sold off my painted armies...so all I have left is my planned armies.
Everything is brand new and has not been opened...still wrapped!

My prices are firm since they include shipping - PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING!
General Items

1 x Planetstrike - $15 (Used but looks brand new)

Thanks...Email me with any questions... Fatalsports@me.com

Sam
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board indexThe team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 5 hours Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Sent: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:40 pm
by C5low13

I send everything Fedex...so it will have a tracking #.

My paypal is Fatalsports@mac.com

In the payment, make sure you write what you paying for...I've gotten a couple payments...so I just dont want to mix anything up.

Thanks

Sent: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:42 pm
by bielmic

i just sent the payment for the planetstrike book. i'd appreciate it if you could leave feedback for me as i've been jipped before even when paying first. also, please pm me the fedex tracking info when you send out the items. thanks in advance.

Sent: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:48 pm
by C5low13

Will do...Thanks

Sent: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:36 pm
by bielmic

hey, i just wanted to see if you had a chance to mail out the planetstrike book and, if so, what the fedex tracking number is. also, i'd appreciate it if you could leave feedback. thanks in advance.

Sent: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:27 pm
by C5low13

It should actually ship out tomorrow and from VA to GA should only take 2-3 days

thanks

Sent: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:16 pm
by bielmic

hey, i got the refund for the planetstrike book. is the paint on the inside pages or just the cover? if it's just the cover and edges, i'm fine with that if you throw in the AOBR mini rulebook for the same price if you don't care. i'd appreciate it if you could pm or email me a pic of the book. not to sound suspicious (nothing personal) but i'd like to see one to make sure this isn't a backout since you had multiple deals going.

Sent: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 pm
by C5low13

The rulebook is already sold. The paint is only a little bit on the cover...most of it got on the edges and seeped inside onto the actual pages. I can take a pic of it if you want me to...let me know

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 pm
by bielmic

no, if it's on the pages then i'm not interested. just send me a pic of the book to confirm the damage. i just want to make sure this isn't a backout (no offense but people selling multiple lots sometimes double sell the same thing).

Sent: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 pm
by C5low13

No problem...I'll send a pic over in a fewNo problem...I'll send a pic over in a few

Sent: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm
by bielmic

hey, just wondering if you have that pic of the planetstrike book and paint yet.

Sent: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:12 pm
by C5low13

Yea, let me upload it

Sent: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:31 am
by bielmic

hey, i figured i'd try one last time to get the pic of the paint splattered planetstrike book. hope you had a good thanksgiving.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: C5low13 Backout : the dog ate my homework

Post by MagickalMemories »

I would suggest just leaving it at what you have here.
A negative would be pretty extreme for this (in my PERSONAL opinion), and a neutral would actually give him +1.
I don't think you want to do either of those.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
bielmic ( 140 )
Resident Trader

Post by bielmic »

no, no negative warranted for this (which is why i didn't ever mention it). i didn't realize the neutral would give a +1, though.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

A Neutral is supposed to be +0!
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

JohnHwangBT wrote:A Neutral is supposed to be +0!
The guy deserves something "negative" (LOL! not positive). Not a -10, but something to warn other about his shady dealings.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

JohnHwangBT wrote:A Neutral is supposed to be +0!
A neutral was initially a +1.
Years ago, it was moved to +-0
In the upgrade to the new phpbb software, Adam bumped it back to +1. He has not seen fit to change his mind on that. It's been that way for quite some time, now.

Anyone who disagrees with the specifics of that should PM TrademasterAdam. He is the ONLY one who can do anything about it, as it is an ITL thing.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

Given that this has been mentioned before and Adam clearly doesn't care, I guess the intent is to simply only give Negatives that say "I'd have given a Neutral, but didn't want to bump the score".

OK.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

JohnHwangBT wrote:Given that this has been mentioned before and Adam clearly doesn't care, I guess the intent is to simply only give Negatives that say "I'd have given a Neutral, but didn't want to bump the score".

OK.
This might be YOUR intent, John... but it is not the intent of the site owner or Administration.

This is not a case of Adam not caring. This is a case of the site owner disagreeing. Regardless how I, you, Linrandir or anyone else feels, Adam's opinion trumps.

Eric

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Well, if he doesnt want to give a negative (-10), he can give a very strongly worded neutral (+1). Even seeing a neutral reference will cause most traders to pause. Especially if its a trader with a low score. Include a link to this thread if necessary.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

MagickalMemories wrote:
JohnHwangBT wrote:Given that this has been mentioned before and Adam clearly doesn't care, I guess the intent is to simply only give Negatives that say "I'd have given a Neutral, but didn't want to bump the score".

OK.
This might be YOUR intent, John... but it is not the intent of the site owner or Administration.

This is not a case of Adam not caring. This is a case of the site owner disagreeing. Regardless how I, you, Linrandir or anyone else feels, Adam's opinion trumps.

Eric
That's the first time I've heard this SNAFU being expressed that way.

No, the word from on high was that Neutrals were going to be 0, and it happened. If Adam cared enough to change it back, it would have been nice if he had shared his disagreement so that others would have known, too.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Can't say I disagree with that, John.
What I CAN tell you is that it happened with the switch from phpbb2.x to phpbb3.x. IIRC, I was a Watchman at the time.
Adam had a LOT to do with that switch, so probably just never took the time to bring it up.
That's just hypothesis, mind you. I reserve the right to be wholly and incredibly incorrect. LOL

Eric

JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

I'm very big on knowing "the rules", so that I can conform to them. I very much dislike it when the rules change out from under me. Hence, communication and clarity being a key thing with me.

If it's +1 or 0, either way is fine, but FFS, let people know and make it obviously clear in the "Post a Reference" Tab!

Have "Good" change to "Good (+2)", "Neutral" change to "Neutral (+1)" and "Bad" change to "Bad (-10)" and then there won't be a problem.

But declaring "0", and changing the scoring without making it clear is not good communications.

fitterpete ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by fitterpete »

Why don't you fire Adam?
Never send me anything UPS or that I have to sign for I can't afford to take off work to receive it.Always send with Delivery Conformation,I will do the same.
If you are not in the United States tell me NOW,please.
Make a offer? It's your stuff you should know what you want for it.Seriously you want me to price your stuff for you?

edited my sig per Btown rules.Is this better Miss?

See D!ck
See D!ck run
See D!ck trade on Bartertown
See D!ck not leave a reference
Don't be a D!ck
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

JohnHwangBT wrote:I'm very big on knowing "the rules", so that I can conform to them. I very much dislike it when the rules change out from under me. Hence, communication and clarity being a key thing with me.

If it's +1 or 0, either way is fine, but FFS, let people know and make it obviously clear in the "Post a Reference" Tab!

Have "Good" change to "Good (+2)", "Neutral" change to "Neutral (+1)" and "Bad" change to "Bad (-10)" and then there won't be a problem.

But declaring "0", and changing the scoring without making it clear is not good communications.
John, it's been that way since the switch.
We've had numerous threads about it since then.
We can't help it that you never saw any of them.

To be honest, Adam will make changes when he can get to them.
if you'd like something upgraded on the site, you're better off PMing it to him directly. he's the only one who can make taht switch. The likelyhood of him seeing this thread is nearly nil.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

fitterpete wrote:Why don't you fire Adam?
To paraphrase a well known saying, "It's his site. We're just posting in it."
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”