Orcwagh4life - Deadbeat/Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

kelanen ( 148 )
Journeyman Trader

Orcwagh4life - Deadbeat/Backout

Post by kelanen »

Summary:

Jared Barry (orcwagh4life) contacted me regarding my advert, and after both enquiring various details, we agreed a deal, no problems. He had much lower feedback and volunteered to ship first.

- 12 Days after agreeing to ship, I'd not received anything nor heard anything so I chased it up. The mail was read but never replied to.
- 16 Days after I followed it up again in stronger terms.
- 16 Days after finally got a reply from Jared saying he'd been busy etc, but he'd ship that day
- 17 Days after got a reply saying that he had a problem with UPS, and had to use USPS
- 25 Days later - still no word, so I chase again.
- 26 Days later Jared admits that he's a backout, and using USPS is too much trouble for him.

The parts that really get me are that he was clearly reading my mails, but not even giving me the courtesy of a reply. Also, after some digging (in same timeline):

- 8 Days after agreeing to ship Jared posts another thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=97439&p=191808#p191808 offering up the stuff he's traded with me.
- 22 Days after agreeing to ship Jared posts another thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=98354&p=193855#p193855 offering up the stuff he's traded with me (note he's still not even told me the deals off and he's pulling out at this point!)
- 26 Days after Jared posts another thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=98581&p=194356#p194356 saying he's getting out of Dark Eldar and 40k - obviously the real reason for the litany of excuses and why he's flaked out

PM's are all in my mailbox for any Admins to check:
Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:33 am
by orcwagh4life

Hey im interested in your jetbikes, they're dark eldar jetbikes correct? I have a wraithlord assembled and primed black with a bright lance and sword i could trade plus i also have a unit of assembled swooping hawks, and also a unit of assembled howling banshees. Do you have any other dark eldar stuff you'd be interested in trading?
Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:30 am
by kelanen

Heya,
orcwagh4life wrote: Hey im interested in your jetbikes, they're dark eldar jetbikes correct? I have a wraithlord assembled and primed black with a bright lance and sword i could trade plus i also have a unit of assembled swooping hawks, and also a unit of assembled howling banshees. Do you have any other dark eldar stuff you'd be interested in trading?

The jetbikes are essentially half and half Dark/Eldar bikes with the DE fairing on. To explain: I've been using parts of the Eldar and Dark Eldar jetbike to make my own custom Eldar bikes. I then noticed that the bits over also make a complete Reaver jetbike that looks pretty sweet, and IMO both look better than the standard designs (or maybe I'm just bored of old designs and everyone's looking the same!). I have a few DE bits Blasters/Shredders, witch torsos, etc

Does the Wraithlord have flamers or catapults?

Which edition are the Banshees? How many Banshees and Hawks?

Do you have pictures of all of the above?

Jon
Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:36 am
by orcwagh4life

I believe the wraithlord has flamers but i could include the catapults, the banshees and hawks are all latest edition, i do not have pictures, but the hawks and banshees are just assembled
Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:04 am
by kelanen

How many Banshees/Hawks are there? With Exarchs?

Are the other heavy wepons for the Wraithlord still around?

It's a shame Hawks are so bad in the current game, but I love the figures. I'm considering them just to squeeze into larger APoc games!

You are interested in all 10 jetbikes?

Jon
Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:44 pm
by orcwagh4life

Umm, i'd be looking at needing 6 probably. If I could trade some stuff for 6 that would be awesome, 5 banshees+ exarch, 5 swooping hawks+exarch. Just one box of each, or I have one more box of 6 banshees one is primed white with a little bit of paint. I think I have all the weapons for the wraithlord.
Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:30 pm
by kelanen

How about the Wraithlord (+spare weapons) and one of the Banshee Exarchs for 6 Jetbikes?

Jon
Sent: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:59 pm
by orcwagh4life

Hmm sounds like a deal, i'll go ahead and ship first since I have a lower feedback. My address is

Jared Barry
<address witheld>
California
USA
Sent: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:21 am
by kelanen

Cool.

Mine's:

Jonathan Challis
<address witheld>
Kent
UK
Sent: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:36 am
by kelanen

Hey there,

Could you please confirm when these were shipped? Nothing has arrived yet, and it's been a fortnight...

Jon
Sent: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:33 pm
by kelanen

Jared?

You're obviously reading mails, but not replying.

I'm loath to take this to the next stage, but you aren't filling me with confidence, in fact your actions are doing quite the reverse...

Jon
Sent: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:45 pm
by orcwagh4life

Sorry ive been quite busy ill be dropping your package by the post in the next hour, once i return ill have your confirmation sorry again!
Sent: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:57 pm
by kelanen

Okay, thanks for letting me know - I'll look forward to the confirmation!

Jon
Sent: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:07 pm
by orcwagh4life

Hey so i went by ups last night and sent off 2 packages and they told me that i would have to ship your package through usps instead, so im really sorry but itll be another couple days yet.
Sent: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:45 pm
by kelanen

It's been over a week, and I've still not heard anything?

I'll be honest, this is just sounding like a waste of time - this has been going on almost a month now...

Jon
Sent: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:59 am
by orcwagh4life

sorry man, ups wouldnt ship it so i dont know what to do. go ahead and leave me a bad feedback as a backout, in the future i wont be trading overseas.
Sent: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:42 am
by kelanen

Just use straight USPS like everyone else?

I ship to and from the US all the time, without any problems unless the parcel goes over 2kg (and even then the problem is in this direction). I'm afraid you're not trying very hard.

The fact you've been relisting your the stuff you were trading me in new adverts and not even getting in contact with me puts you down as a bad trader - it's all back to lack of effort and courtesy...

Jon
Sent: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:58 am
by orcwagh4life

Indeed it does, If you'd like ill take a picture of the box that all the stuff is bundled up in waiting to be shipped out. If that makes me less of a lazy ass. Anyways my apologies this was my first experience in shipping out of the continent so I wasnt sure what to expect. Regardless, thanks for the experience.
Sent: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:59 am
by orcwagh4life

Also I dont have experience shipping with usps, my job gives me the oppurtunity to send all my packages via ups for free. SO generally I ship my packages out 2nd day air through ups.
Jonathan

GAB (Good Against Bad Traders) Commander Kelanen
eBay Feedback (>1000) http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... llFeedback
http://www.gabtraders.com/cgi-bin/membe ... en.mem.txt

If I've not left you feedback please give me a nudge. I always leave feedback, and I ask for the same, but occasionally one can get lost in the shuffle!
orcwagh4life ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Re: Orcwagh4life - Deadbeat/Backout

Post by orcwagh4life »

Hey just for the record I never offered up the stuff I was trading you, in all of your linked threads I never offered your 1 exarch+wraithlord. I in my posts put 10 howling banshees+exarch. However I have 10 howling banshees+2 exarchs, the contents of 2 boxes. Other then that I accept that I did backout on this trade and so deserve the negative.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Orcwagh4life - Deadbeat/Backout

Post by MagickalMemories »

Complaint posted.
Guilt admitted.

No reason to leave this thing open.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”