BTR Hulksmash - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

vintango ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR Hulksmash - Resolved

Post by vintango »

I should have posted this earlier since this trade happened back in July but I thought I'd give the guy time to send it back to me, but its been months now and I just want my Devilfish back. Essentially the trade boils down to this; I was going to trade a devilfish and 2 shield drones for some Fiends of Slaanesh with Hulksmash back in July, his rating was higher than mine so I shipped first with priority and tracking number 0308 3390 0001 2237 1330. Bottom line is that I screwed up the trade, I sent gun drones instead of shield drones and apparently, although I don't recall this, the burst cannon is broken on the Devilfish. He was upset about this but he did NOT send the fiends as discussed and he said he would ship back the Devilfish when he got a chance. I have given him a LOT of time since then and have not heard anything from him. He refuses to reply to ANY of my messages and I believe he has no intention of sending my Devilfish back to me and I know this because he's logged on multiple times since this has gone on and not written out any response to me. Can someone help me? Can an admin please PM him and ask him to ship it back to me? Its all I want. Here's a copy paste of some of our PM conversation, its not all of it because the forum cut out some of the messages, I figure an admin can look up a full transcript if necessary.

Re: W: Chaos Daemons H: Everything Else
Sent: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:05 pm
by vintango
Did you ship my Devilfish back to me yet?
Sent: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:49 am
by vintango
Again I apologize, I 'm out money as well, and I didn't realize the burst cannon was busted, I thought I had grabbed the SMS Devilfish. I received the Tau army in a trade and I don't really play it at all, so I'm sorry the quality is lacking.
• Quote Hulksmash
Sent: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:21 am
by Hulksmash
Well it's an assumption when someone is trading for an item to get the whole item. The gun drones come with the devilfish, that is assumed because a devilfish comes w/2 gun drones. We had agreed on the extra shield drones to make up the difference between the NIB fiends and the devilfish. Also when you agree to trade something make sure it is the whole model. The Devilfish is missing it's burst cannon. It would have been completely unusable. That's the main reason for my annoyance. I'll now have to pay money for basically nothing which isn't cool I'll let you know when I ship.

Brad
Sent: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:30 pm
by vintango
Alright I'm sorry the quality didn't meet with your standards, I assumed you wanted the drones that could fit in the front portion of the transport.
Sent: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:31 pm
by vintango
Haven't heard from you in a few days, I hope everything is okay. I sent the package, have you sent yours?
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:09 pm
by vintango
Okay all sent, the number is 0308 3390 0001 2237 1330
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:02 pm
by vintango
Please send Priority as I am doing the same.
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am
by vintango
Alright I'm not sure if you've sent it yet, but I'm headed to the post office today to ship the Devilfish and drones, I'll get you a tracking number
Sent: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 am
by vintango
Alright I'll send them same time, I'll send them tomorrow more then likely when I get the chance, just send me a tracking number tomorrow when you've mailed the fiends and I'll do the same. I've been on Bartertown for awhile now and have posted multiple times, that's why I though you had a lower rating.
Sent: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 pm
by vintango
Cool I'll send as soon as I get the fiends.
Sent: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 pm
by vintango
Cool I'll send as soon as I get the fiends.
Sent: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:42 pm
by vintango
That's fine, I always like to maximize trades, I'll trade you the Devilfish and 2 drones for the fiends. Here's my shipping info:

Kenny Friesenhahn
8841 Southwestern Blvd Apt 1253
Dallas TX, 75206
Sent: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:37 pm
by vintango
Sadly I don't have either of those models? Nothing else for trade that I could get that soul grinder? I have lots of things.
Sent: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:29 pm
by vintango
Sadly I don't have either of those models? Nothing else for trade that I could get that soul grinder? I have lots of things.
Sent: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm
by vintango
I have parts of a Crisis suit but not a complete one, various Tau bits, etc. The rest of my stuff is built and painted really. What else were you looking for?
Sent: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 am
by vintango
Okay the Devilfish trade for the Fiends is good. What do you want for your Keeper of Secrets?

Postal Link
Label/Receipt Number: 0308 3390 0001 2237 1330

Your item was delivered at 4:38 pm on July 03, 2009 in HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92647.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: Won't send me back my Devilfish - Hulksmash

Post by porkuslime »

Will see what I can do. I have his contact info and will direct him to this thread.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

If he is upset about shipping costs- you could reimburse him for those. But he cannot just keep your models.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

When buying used models, get pics!
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
vintango ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by vintango »

I won't mind reimbursing him for shipping costs, no I think that's fair, I just want the Devilfish back, I just hate the fact that I haven't heard back from him. Thanks.
Hulksmash ( -4 )
Account Terminated - Multiple ID's

Post by Hulksmash »

I'll put it in the mail tomorrow. My bad dude. I haven't really been checking my pm's here. It got put to the side to mail out and never went. I'll shoot you a pm when it's on the way.
USER BANNED FOR MULTI-ACCOUNTING.
vintango ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by vintango »

Okay thanks Hulksmash, and again I'm sorry for screwing up the trade, I'll leave you postive feedback when you send it back to me.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

vintango wrote:Okay thanks Hulksmash, and again I'm sorry for screwing up the trade, I'll leave you postive feedback when you send it back to me.
Please, also update this thread, so we can mark it as resolved.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
vintango ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by vintango »

HulkSmash still has not sent me my Devilfish and has not responded to my PMs, can an Admin please contact him again?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

He hasn't been on since 9/19. A PM isn't likely to do any good (I presume you've tried PMing him again. Yes?).
He needs an email.

Unless another Admin updates the thread that they emailed him before I get the chance to, I'll email him tonight. I cannot access aol from work.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
vintango ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by vintango »

HulkSmash still hasn't been on since Sept 19th, I've tried e-mailing him from his website, his banner is still showing on Bartertown so I assume he's still in contact with someone about this. Is there anyway his info can be looked up so I can track down a phone number? He had originally sent me his address info, but it was so long ago I don't think I can look at it anymore in my PM messages. Can an admin find this info?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

vintango wrote:HulkSmash still hasn't been on since Sept 19th, I've tried e-mailing him from his website, his banner is still showing on Bartertown so I assume he's still in contact with someone about this. Is there anyway his info can be looked up so I can track down a phone number? He had originally sent me his address info, but it was so long ago I don't think I can look at it anymore in my PM messages. Can an admin find this info?
Sorry.
I posted an update to a thread in his Advertiser Subforum, but missed your thread:

As the administrative advertising contact on Bartertown, I have Brad's phone number.
I have called him and left a voice mail with my home phone number offering to help him with resolving these issues.
If I get any information, I will update this thread.

Eric
While I do have his phone number, the privacy agreement with our advertisers is that we cannot give it out under any circumstances without their specific approval.
As it states above, however, I have called him. I called him in the middle of the day today.
If I do not hear from him, I will call again during evening (note; NOT "night") hours to see if I can get him then.

I will update this thread as necessary.

Eric

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

This is sad that an advertiser is doing this. Bad memories of TDZ.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

While it DOES look bad, keep in mind that we don't know what "doing this" is.
People with ill intent don't tend to give out their phone #'s.

I'm not trying to defend him. Just saying let's wait to see what's up.

Eric

starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

I understand. I just think that a business on Btown should hold themselves to a igh standard if they want customers & trust. It doesnt take a month & a half to put something in the mail. I hope it turns out well.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”