Backout -- VALD

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Backout -- VALD

Post by reegsk »

I didn't want to bring it to this, but I've been getting yanked around for two and a half months. A heads up -- I deleted his side of the PMs from early on when I thought this trade was dead the first time. I do, as you'll see, still have the PMs where we agree to a trade. And awaaaaaay we go!
Re: H: SM/NIDS/LOTR W:WFB
Sent: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:54 am
by reegsk
Subject: H: SM/NIDS/LOTR W:WFB
VALD wrote:Hello Batertonians ! Still got several things im looking to trade for Warhammer stuff.

This is what im looking for
O&G -
10 Squig Hoppers
4 Spear Chukkas

Dwarves
10 Slayers

SPACE MARINES
Terminator Squad Box- box opened but wrap still there and sprues intact
1 half built landraider with options for crusader and regular

I have 10 squig hoppers, one fully painted, one basecoated, and the rest are unprimed. From memory, I want to say one or two have broken off of their bases (the metal tabs that go in the slot broke off), but I can check on that. I also should have an entire spear chukka in my bitz bin, but again I'll have to verify. I definitely have ten slayers, on their bases and primed. I'd be interested in the termies and/or the land raider. Let me know.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31 pm
by reegsk
Sorry, the slayers just went in a different trade. Apparently they're a hot commodity right now! Anyway, I don't have any extra ironbreakers or hammerers, but for warriors, I have 11 of the 6th edition warriors w/great weapon and shield (1 is missing a shield). They've been stripped then primed again, so there may be spots where you can see the original paint job. I also have the bits to make 12 of the new warriors/longbeards, still on the sprue. I raided them for the bodies that have cloaks, and weapons/shields to equip them, but left everything else on the sprues. I also have the new, metal BSB assembled and primed, and a grudge thrower NIB. Let me know if you're interested in any of that.

Also, a suggestion -- to get around the ridiculous price of the old, metal hammerers, not to mention their single, kinda boring pose, I built a unit of the new plastic warriors and just snipped the heads off of the great weapons, replacing them with hammer heads. If you'd like to give that a shot, but don't have the hammer heads or the patience, let me know, and I could always assemble, clean and convert the twelve aforementioned plastic warriors I have into hammerers for you. Or I could add in some extra dwarf hammer arms I have so you could do the conversion yourself.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:06 pm
by reegsk
Haven't heard from you in a few days. Let me know if you're still interested in a trade. If not, no worries.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:45 am
by reegsk
Before we finalize anything, do you have any pics of the land raider? I just want to get an idea of the condition and how much building is left.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 am
by reegsk
Hey man, just haven't heard anything in a few days, so I wanted to know if you were still interested in a trade. Let me know!

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Sat May 02, 2009 8:09 am
by reegsk
I'm going to assume that, since I haven't heard from you in two weeks, this trade isn't going through.

Dan K.
This is where I probably should have just left well enough alone. But he did PM me that day (which, unforunately, I lost).
Sent: Sat May 02, 2009 2:47 pm
by reegsk
I'd still be interested. I don't think we had finalized things, though. And I deleted the messages from you! I know I was going for a Land Raider, can't remember if there was anything else in there as well. And on my end, there were the ten squig hoppers and some dwarfs, but I think was the part that wasn't finalized. Did you ever take pics of the Raider?

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Mon May 18, 2009 9:45 pm
by VALD
Hiyas bud, sorry if it took me this long to get back to you. Finally took a picture of the Landraider
[pictures deleted]
Sent: Tue May 19, 2009 8:46 am
by reegsk
Well I appreciate you sending the pictures. To review, since it's been a while (and I lost some of our earlier messages), this is what the trade was looking like:

You
1 x Partially assembled Land Raider w/all remaining bits (as shown in the picture)
1 x Opened but still NIB Terminator squad

Me
10 x Squig Hoppers (one painted, one partially painted, two that need to be glued onto their tabs)
11 x Last edition Dwarf Warriors, stripped and reprimed

I also have a bunch of last-edition quarrelers in the same condition, if you want me to throw those in as well. LMK! Also, and I mean no offense, but seeing as you have a very hectic schedule, and even though you have a higher feedback rating, would you mind shipping first? I would just feel a bit more comfortable, and wouldn't want to have to worry about contacting you if things get busy again.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Fri May 22, 2009 7:21 am
by VALD
Not sure what has happened here in the last couple of months but work has just gone insane ! Sorry bout the delays between responses.

Sure thing bud, i have a higher rating but i understand if you would like me to send first based on my current schedule, heh. shoot me your address and i'll send out the stuff. I will definetly take the Quarrelers also with the hoppers and the 11 warriors. Let me know.
Emphasis mine.
Sent: Fri May 22, 2009 9:58 am
by reegsk
Sounds good to me. And yeah, when work decides to step it up, that's always a good time. One last note on the models, as I just dug them out and really looked at 'em -- you can still see mold lines on most of them. If that's a deal breaker, let me know. If not, here's my address:

[address deleted]

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:03 am
by reegsk
Heya,

It's been about three weeks since the last time I heard from you, and I haven't received any models, confirmation they've been sent or a notice that you're not sending them. Can you please update me and let me know what's going on? I'll give it another week before I consider this trade dead. I would appreciate an update either way.

Cheers,

Dan K.
So I haven't heard from him since May 22nd. He did receive ALL of my messages, and has logged on as recently as Tuesday. I know it's not quite Friday yet, and in my last message I said I'd give him a week, but I'm busy tomorrow...and I feel the three weeks between our agreement and now is more than enough. I will send him a final PM with a link to this thread right after I post it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”