2 monthes no $, BenGoodall from NZ

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

2 monthes no $, BenGoodall from NZ

Post by kturock »

here's the entire story since the end of january. it's been over 2 monthes and i've gotten nothing but the run around..and now he threatens retaliation if i file against him.

if he's truely a victim he should file against the the guy he sent the $ to. but he hasn't.
sounds like either a scam or just BS.
he sent an envelope from New Zealand which cost $3 NZ to send. i still have it but it came empty. i still have the pred, so it's not a BTR, just a deadbeat or backout.

Space marines for sale
Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 am
by BenGoodall
Hey, I saw your auction, I have most of it, but I am interested in the predator, would you sell that on its own at all?

Re: Space marines for sale
Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 am
by kturock
$13 + shipping.

Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:06 am
by BenGoodall
Sorry, probably should have mentioned I live in New Zealand, always forget that bit, my bad.

What do you have in terms
Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:18 am
by kturock
yes.. my payment terms are on the bottom of the ad..

i accept money orders. my paypal account won't accept non-us currency. i don't accept charge cards or debit cards.

a quick approx of shipping to NZ is about $7 USD. so it'd be about $20 USD.

dunno how you're gonna pay. my bank will accept non-USD currency, not checks, but there's a 10% fee, so it'd be $22, and i'd suggest you send it registered, for security.

unless you have any other ideas.

Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:24 am
by BenGoodall
Im happy to send US cash if your happy for me to do that

Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:33 am
by kturock
if you can get US cash, then sure. i still suggest you send it registered..then again the old 'grandma sends money in a birthday card' trick..
it up to you.

here's my address:
EDITED I WILL REINSERT IT IF REQUIRED

Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:44 am
by BenGoodall
Oh I have a far better one, I just put old socks in there, that way only someone who actually thinks its worth it will open it

Sweet as, its on its way first thing tomorrow.

Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:58 am
by kturock
in an envelope?

Sent: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 am
by BenGoodall
Haha, given the smell of my feet, Im amazed postal workers go near them at all.....

Sent: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:18 pm
by kturock
it's been 12 days since i last heard from you.
have you sent the money?

Sent: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am
by BenGoodall
Sorry for the late reply mate, my laptop stopped wanting to connect to the net, Ive only now just managed to get it working.

Money went off over a week ago, shouldnt be too far away if its not with you already

Sent: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:00 pm
by kturock
i just got a padded envelope with nothing in it.

it was sealed and shows no sign of being tampered with.

umm.. what's up?

AT THIS POINT I CONTACTED MAKICAL MEMORIES, SAYING I THINK SOMEONE IS TRYING TO SCAM ME.

Sent: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:20 am
by BenGoodall
Ok, weird.

Im guessing I must of put it in an envelope to go to someone else, Ill ask the other two guys I sent stuff to that day and get back to you.

Hold fire there mate, Ill get it to you

Sent: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:41 am
by BenGoodall
Ok, Found out who I sent the cash to, he will have it in the mail in the next day on it way to where I was meant to.

Sorry dude, be with you soon.

Sent: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:04 pm
by kturock
well it's been a week, and it hasn't arrived yet.

any info?

Sent: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:37 am
by BenGoodall
Ill ask him again, I think hes sent it, but Im relying on someone else here mate, sorry about this, stupid Ben not thinking again.

Sent: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:11 pm
by BenGoodall
Got an update that came through yesterday, the guy has sent the money on now, shouldnt be too much longer.

Sorry dude.

Sent: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:28 pm
by kturock
ok. i'll LYK when it arrives and when i ship

Sent: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:41 am
by kturock
well, it's been another week and still nothing.

whats up?

Sent: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:51 am
by BenGoodall
Weird, the guy has sent the cash on, so it shouldnt be far away, problem was it went via the UK, and apparently royal mail are having problems at the minute, but Ill email him and ask again.

Sorry for it to take so long.

Sent: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:31 pm
by kturock
UK? so 1, that could be 2 weeks from there to here.
2nd, cash being sent like that is risky, if not prohibited.

Sent: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:38 pm
by kturock
and yet it has been another 11 days and still, nothing

Sent: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 pm
by kturock
it's been another month.
i haven't received anything.

my next step is to file a back out report and possibly bad trader report.

Sent: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:59 pm
To: kturock
If thats your next step that will also be mine, Ive informed you as to whats happened, it was an honest mistake my end, and now mail, and money of mine has gone missing.

If you wish to play this as Im the bad guy Ill do the same.

Sent: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:18 pm
by kturock
you said you were going to send the money. all i got is an empty evvelope.

you said someone was going to send the money you sent them by accident. i still haven't received anything, but a bunch of empty promises.

it's been over 3 monthes and i haven't recevied anything. you only contact me after i pm you. it's been weeks between each pm. and you only reply with the threat of a btr or trade backout report.

as far as i'm concerened, it's a trade that you backed out on. you could've resent out the $, but you didn't. you could've filled a btr about the trader that you sent the $ to, but you haven't.
we had a deal, the $ never arrived.

if you file anything against me, it's retribution. you're statement about filing it is getting forwarded to the mods.
retribution will get you suspended. any btr or negative ref you file can be removed.

that was the last pm i sent, just before i compiled this report.

you make the call about whether want to trade with him or not.
i haven't decided about the neg ref.. i probably will.

kturock
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: 2 monthes no $, BenGoodall from NZ

Post by MagickalMemories »

Thank you for putting in all your proof without being prompted and, almost as importantly, putting it in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER!!!!

Now, if we can just get you to use capital letters regularly. :wink:

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

his latest reply. yup definately getting a neg ref now.

Sent: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:56 am
To: kturock

Yeah, I could send more money, but I aint made of the stuff, and as far as Im aware, seeing as I didnt send the envelope from england, I have no way of knowing if you have recieved anything or not.

Hey, Im sorry its not come through, but your not the one out of pocket here, I am.

And in regard to replies, I dont have either a computer or easy access to the net, and you send me a message about a btr and such, how else do you want me to respond?

And then you go on that your essentially telling on me to the mods? nice work mate, my moneys gone missing, and your bitching to me, get *edit*.

kturock
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
BenGoodall ( -6 )
New Trader

Post by BenGoodall »

here's the entire story since the end of january. it's been over 2 monthes and i've gotten nothing but the run around..and now he threatens retaliation if i file against him.
I am threatening to post it because I dont feel I should take the blame for something outside of my control, something you obviously fail to see, or acknowledge.
if he's truely a victim he should file against the the guy he sent the $ to. but he hasn't.
sounds like either a scam or just BS.
he sent an envelope from New Zealand which cost $3 NZ to send. i still have it but it came empty. i still have the pred, so it's not a BTR, just a deadbeat or backout.
I trust the guy who I very accidently sent the money to, and I dont trust or know you, so if he has said he had sent it, Ill take that as gospel, and its gone missing in the mail since, which isnt down to me, and as far as Im concerned, makes me neither a dead beat or a backout, just not made of money and willing to send another payment until Im sure that the first payment has gone altogether.

I am the one who has lost out here, my money is gone, you have merely lost the time holding onto the piece, which I have little doubt youll be able to work out another deal at a later date, however, Ive apologised several times over that, and there is little more I can, and am now willing to do.

I have not backed out, and am now very angry at being tarnished in this way, hence if it shows up negative, I will respond in like, my preference is to now move on, seeing as you are determined to drag this out.
BenGoodall ( -6 )
New Trader

Post by BenGoodall »

As for your scam line, at what point did I ask you to send anything without payment?

Youve taken a very hard line after my explainations, clearly refusing to even see any sense what so ever.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

you made a deal.i haven't received the $.

i've waited over a month since you supposedly sent it to the wrong person.if you did, and he hasn't sent it to me, why haven't you filed a BTR against him?

why didn't you try to get the $ from him?

it's not a hard line, it's the truth.

you're to blame because you sent the wron item to the wrong person. not me. if he still has your money, file against him.
that's another reason to not mail cash.
so now you're saying, someone in UK has abouy $20 USD and won't send it out.

you've never sent me, or posted here, the proof.

i've posted everything, except for my address that was in the pm's. i also haen't posted yours, which is on the back of the empty envelope.

you've claimed not to have net access, yet you've bee on quite alot since this.

if you sent it to someone else, then file against them.
yo're a bad trader. you didn't send what was supposed to be sent.
it's the same as if you put a model into the wrong box.
YOU made the mistake, now deal with the consquenses.

I sent the pm to MM, when i received an envelope that was empty. sure, mail the envelope, claim it wasn't empty, then demand the tank. $4 for a $45 model? sounds like a deal.

you trust a guy, who says he has your money, but won't return it?
you know him?

it is your responsiblity i get, or whoever you trade with gets, what you ship/send.

you have backed out, because the $ isn't here. you haven't tried to replace it.

if you file a neg ref. that's retaliation. you'll get a nice 30 suspension.
as well as a neg ref.
and now everyone here sees that you'll file that.

that does alot for your ref right there.

dragging it out? the deal has never finished.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

RTFR
Rule #10: ITL intimidation
This has become a problem in recent months - people accused of bad trading retaliating with, or threatening to retaliate with, (multiple) Bad Trader Reports. Effective when we the admins and moderators got tired of this happening, ITL intimidation is hereby a bannable offense.

What qualifies as ITL intimidation?
In its most direct form, ITL intimidation is when someone says something like "If you give me a bad trader report, I'm gonna give you one."
Anything that is not so direct, like "If you don't give me a good trade report, you'll regret it" also qualifies. Note that giving someone retaliatory feedback qualifies as well. No free hits.
If you are not sure, please contact either myself or one of the moderators. The equivalent level of evidence required for filing a bad trade report is necessary: emails with headers, PMs, and so forth.
(emphasis mine)

This thread is locked while the Staff determines whether or not the reference left by BenGoodall amounts to ITL Intimidation.

In the mean time, Ben, you need to realize that you ARE at fault here. YOU messed up on shipping, so it was YOUR responsibility to make up for it IMMEDIATELY, regardless of how much you trust the person you actually sent the money to. New money should have gone to kturock, and you should have had the other person send the money back to YOU.

I will tell you this much... Your actions STRONGLY resemble ITL Intimidation to ME. You would be wise to PM me and Porkuslime and attempt to explain to us why it isn't. For the record... don't blame kturock. It won't help you. He followed protocol.

Eric

P.S. ...and this is official... Neither involved party is to begin a new thread on this issue in ANY forum for ANY reason.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Staff has reached a decision.

BenGoodall has been banned for Retalitory Feedback Violation, Rule #10

If you wish to appeal, BenG, please send Email to an Admin.

-Porkuslime
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

BTW, "Admin" is Linrandir(at)bartertown(dot)com

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”