Deadbet / Backout: the_trader

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Deadbet / Backout: the_trader

Post by MagickalMemories »

Right.
Well... and I do NOT mean this disrespectfully... the first hand experience of numerous people here kinda trumps your second (or third?) hand experience about a friend of a friend.
As stories spread, facts and tidbits can get changed accidentally (even purposefully). Also, there's no guaranteeing that the initial guy didn't fabricate a little of the story to make it a "better" story.

What we've experienced is 180 degrees different than what you've heard about.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

I am also waiting on on the_trader for stuff. Not a large sum, but enough I am disappointed I am not getting it :(

Mike
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

eman1_2 wrote:I am also waiting on on the_trader for stuff. Not a large sum, but enough I am disappointed I am not getting it :(

Mike
so, then start a new BTR on him. Post your communications, state your losses. Also, please read this thread and PM Norseman with your info..

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=76740

adding a "me too!" to this thread is frowned on..

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

How many times does that message need to be repeated, people?

I mean, come on... I can (almost) understand a NEW user making that mistake, but someone who's been here FOUR YEARS (or more)? C'mon. Seriously.

Plus... it's not like that message (post in your own thread) hasn't been repeated four or five or eighty times in the last week.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
GodlessM ( 20 )
BTown Regular

Post by GodlessM »

In response to the confusion on how a paypal dispute works:

If a paypal account is empty, money is taken directly from the attached bank account. I have reported a dispute on paypal and it was taken from said offenders bank account. One of my best friend's dad used to work for them also.

Open a dispute, you will get your money back. However, this is not to say I do not agree with how these threads are working, it is only right to make it public who can't be trusted, and I for one as a new user am glad I saw this.
Tally:

WoC W17 D1 L5
DElf W15 D0 L1

My shop: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=80290
flagg07 ( 232 )
Resident Trader

Post by flagg07 »

GodlessM wrote:In response to the confusion on how a paypal dispute works:

If a paypal account is empty, money is taken directly from the attached bank account.
NO! You are absolutely wrong about this. The paypal account must have money for them to recover. Empty account = $0.00.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

GodlessM wrote:In response to the confusion on how a paypal dispute works:

If a paypal account is empty, money is taken directly from the attached bank account. I have reported a dispute on paypal and it was taken from said offenders bank account. One of my best friend's dad used to work for them also.

Open a dispute, you will get your money back. However, this is not to say I do not agree with how these threads are working, it is only right to make it public who can't be trusted, and I for one as a new user am glad I saw this.
Dude... I don't know where you got your information, but there are scores of traders here whose PERSONAL experience is the exact opposite of what you were told by your friend's dad... and your guy must have had the funds in his PayPal account. PayPal WILL NOT debit a bank account. Period.

Also, I'm locking this thread. The last post was +2 months ago and there are other, more important threads on this particular trader.

Eric

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”