Deadbet / Backout: the_trader

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Bookwrack ( 44 )
BTown Regular

Deadbet / Backout: the_trader

Post by Bookwrack »

Well, it's been two weeks since I'd gotten the 'be posted in the morning' message with no models, but I knew that wasn't an extreme time for UK to US, so I thought I'd swing by, shoot him a message making sure nothing had gone awry, and then saw the other threads about him. I sent two more messages, which he received, asking for proof of mailing or a refund, and just like the threads where he said he'd be post tracking data in an hour, nothing.
Sent at: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:03 pm
by the_trader
i have 8 melta SOB if you want to give me a offer on them
Sent at: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:33 pm
by Bookwrack
Thinking about it, I can find use for 8. I presume that they're complete with backpacks. Does $30 + $5 shipping (USPS priority mail, assuming that you're in the U.S) strike you as fair?
Sent at: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 pm
by the_trader
$35 is great
i'm uk but if postage is more then $5 i will pay the extra
Sent at: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:05 pm
by Bookwrack
Do you have a paypal account? That's the method I use if money has to cross international boundaries. Wrapped and packaged up, 8 sisters is plenty small enough to go by royal post airmail small packets for about £4.
Sent at: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:54 am
by the_trader
my paypal is:
joe_n_lisa_bartle@hotmail.co.uk
Sent at: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 am
by Bookwrack
Payment has been sent. I'll leave you a positive reference once the models arrive.
Sent at: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:51 am
To: Bookwrack
will be posted 1st thing in the morning
Sent at: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:10 am
by Bookwrack
I just wanted to check that the sisters had been mailed off all right (they haven't arrived yet, but I hadn't expected them to).
Sent at: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:18 am
by Bookwrack
I just saw the two threads in the back-out forum, and suffice to say, I'm a little concerned. If you have shipped the sisters, then please provide me with the tracking number or some other concrete proof that they have been shipped. Otherwise, please refund me the $35 USD I sent you.
Sent at: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:49 am
To: the_trader
I don't want to sound like I'm making threats, but you're lack of response is extremely unreassuring. If you can't get me proof of mailing or a refund in 24 hours of the sending of this message, I'm going to have to escalate this.
These things happen.
redstarone ( 48 )
Account Terminated

Re: Deadbet / Backout: the_trader

Post by redstarone »

Like all the other problems with him, this doesnt seem like a backout thread to me. More of a bad trader as you and the others have already sent him plenty of money. While at the same time, he doesnt seem to be completing his end of the deals..

I still have my fingers crossed he will take care of all this but im a tad worried as he hasnt replied to any emails from me in 3 days.

--Matt
Bookwrack ( 44 )
BTown Regular

Post by Bookwrack »

Given the timeframe, I'm reluctant to go as far as make a BTR at this point, but with two other active threads about people having trouble with him, I'm not going to sit around on my hands for another month either.
These things happen.
kelanen ( 148 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kelanen »

I could be wrong (not being an authority, or even that experienced on BT) but I *think* that if you've paid him, then it's either a BTR or nothing...

The Backout/Deadbeat is where you've not lost anything... (like mine) or once someone commits to a deal, does that make it a BTR?
Jonathan

GAB (Good Against Bad Traders) Commander Kelanen
eBay Feedback (>1000) http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... llFeedback
http://www.gabtraders.com/cgi-bin/membe ... en.mem.txt

If I've not left you feedback please give me a nudge. I always leave feedback, and I ask for the same, but occasionally one can get lost in the shuffle!
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

If you paid money or shipped goods, then it's a BTR.

If you agreed to a deal, and held stuff for him, then it's a Backout.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
LEGION ( 16 )
Trade Novice

Post by LEGION »

I never actually sent him any money because when we agreed to trade he still had a zero rating and was only a few days new. But yeah this guy needs to be looked into and posts in the BTR forum should be made.

Also leave him negative trade refs so he doesn't get more deals pending.

If there is some way that paypal can investigate his activity I would suggest that also.

Best of luck.
Get in the Game!
the_trader ( -34 )
New Trader

Post by the_trader »

i'm in talks with a fellow BTer to help moderate all the probelsm as i have been simply overloaded and were working on sovling this problem
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Talk is cheap. I want the name of this individual who is "helping" you. No more stalling tactics.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

the_trader wrote:i'm in talks with a fellow BTer to help moderate all the probelsm as i have been simply overloaded and were working on sovling this problem
Start showing PROOF that you sent anything. Any proof. Anything. So far nothing but talk & empty promises.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

Hello all:

Due to the sheer number of BTR and Deadbeat / Backout threads (8, as of this posting), I have compiled an index in the Hall of Shame:

the_trader in The Hall of Shame

When you see it all at once, it's like The Drop Zone or Ticknor all over again...

/John

(oh, yeah, I can cut-n-paste, too..)
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Ok, there has been enough talk, its time for action.

Call his Mum.
"Oh good evening Mrs. Bartle. Yes, Im from the good old USA. I want to let you know about a great business venture your son is involved in. Have you noticed he's had extra spending money lately? Well, he's STOLEN that from me and several other people. Yes, like 20+ others. Yes, Mrs. Bartle, International theft, your son is a felon, a thief and a liar. Yes, Im sure he'll make new friends in prison and start a new career in the prison laundry. Stop crying Mrs. Bartle....and by the way, Merry Christmas."
TrooperPX ( 104 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TrooperPX »

starslayer wrote:Ok, there has been enough talk, its time for action.
...Yes, like 20+ others. ...
Ok, but be factual yourself. So far 8+...
Let me turn your original sculpt into an army!
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=87597
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

TrooperPX wrote:
...Yes, like 20+ others. ...
Ok, but be factual yourself. So far 8+...

So far as you know. I heard different. Someone told me he has 19-24 deals going. Im not about protecting a criminal. What have you done about this so far? Direct some energy into that. ( no offense)
redstarone ( 48 )
Account Terminated

Post by redstarone »

Call his Mum.
"Oh good evening Mrs. Bartle. Yes, Im from the good old USA. I want to let you know about a great business venture your son is involved in. Have you noticed he's had extra spending money lately? Well, he's STOLEN that from me and several other people. Yes, like 20+ others. Yes, Mrs. Bartle, International theft, your son is a felon, a thief and a liar. Yes, Im sure he'll make new friends in prison and start a new career in the prison laundry. Stop crying Mrs. Bartle....and by the way, Merry Christmas."

DUDE I sent that info as to be kept on the DL for now.

You basically just suceeded in chasing him off and now no one will get anything..

I was THIS close to getting at least some of the stuff back...

The fact you mention his last name and such, he will now know I gave that out... which will now lose me all cred I have with him.

At this point im no longer taking any part in helping. There are simply way to many chefs in this kitchen.

GOod luck for everyone as I was simply the best and also the last hope.
kelanen ( 148 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by kelanen »

redstarone wrote: The fact you mention his last name and such, he will now know I gave that out... which will now lose me all cred I have with him.
It's public knowledge - if you click on his number of refs beside his name (currently -14 and dropping...) then it shows his name as Joseph Bartle.

...and with all due respect, it's more about getting justice for all, than just saving your bacon...
Jonathan

GAB (Good Against Bad Traders) Commander Kelanen
eBay Feedback (>1000) http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... llFeedback
http://www.gabtraders.com/cgi-bin/membe ... en.mem.txt

If I've not left you feedback please give me a nudge. I always leave feedback, and I ask for the same, but occasionally one can get lost in the shuffle!

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”