BTR: MAX MARTINEZ aka PLAGUECENSOR - Resolved by refund

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

nurglesplague ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Post by nurglesplague »

another thing to do is contact the people around him, maybe find the playing group he is close to, and you might be able to find someone who is a friend that way and will make him get your stuff to you.
You dont want a lap dance from papa nurgle
Rocco Pella ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Rocco Pella »

hey Magical... here i am.. BTW the main reason i dont get on here often is that i work 2 full time jobs to support my Family... and my hobbies! LOL anyway.. i have had well over 40 trade on this site since 99 which is well before your time most likely. But just because someone doesnt trade all that often or that then cant make it to the site in a timely manner doesn't mean they dont trade of or that they are a scammer with another name.. if your wondering my old email was campj@netzero.net and it should have quite a few feedbacks.. but i closed that account years ago as netzero was no longer zero...

but anyway.. the reason i knew information about the trade is that i personally met with and have traded with Maxx Many times infact.. and i personally believe that its not in his nature to scam. now not to say he did or didnt but i know from experience trading depends on trust.. but not only on one party but on the other.. I remember someone years ago that said i had traded him only 20 cursed company when we agreed upon 30 in exchange for 3 empire cannons. well after i checked the emails i saw i was correct and it was 20 cursed company for 3 cannons.. but he provided similar transcripts saying 30 cursed company. I ended up just sending 10 more cursed company to get him off my back as he was flooding my email. I have also run into people who simply add supposed claims of dealings with a "bad trader" to make them look worse as they are friends of the scammed.. not to say the person wasnt scammed in the first place but that the subsiquent people were not telling the whole truth.

In ending. Mike & Jedi, If you were scammed as you say, I hope you get your items or at least a refund and apology. And you will probably find that the legal system, unfortunately will support neither story and will drop it but will simply look out for other claims against him. (I work in a Law Office)

And MagickalMemories, Remember the attage.. Sometimes a coincidence is just that... a coincidence.
Michael Ruble ( 100 )
BTown Regular

Post by Michael Ruble »

Rocco thanks for your input. I can see how people can jump to the conclusion of "thinking" they are getting scammed when in fact it was a misread post (i.e. 10 minis vs 100 minis or something like that). The big difference here was the complete omission of a Land Raider (not a small item to misplace). I would also have you look at my prior posts that call out 9 seperate people that he scammed (read his references or lack there of). I only received some of my goods after I had a Law Enforcement Officer stop by this house (which I do not think that was coincidence that after 2 -3 months of being ignored via emails he suddenly had a sudden interest in me). I am glad that you have not had the horrible experience that I have had with him. You say you have met him... if there is anything that you can assist me with in getting this cleared up I would appreciate it.
I also have references on eBay under Grims1ade of 120+. Please email me at grimslade01@gmail.com for all offers and questions. Thanks!!!
Rocco Pella ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Rocco Pella »

all the info i have you most likely already know. e.g. name, address, etc. But i do know he plays nurgle.. but this i highly doubt helps you.
scrumhalf ( 56 )
Known Bad Trader: AVOID!!

plauge censor

Post by scrumhalf »

He is using a different alias, it is Danny Wilcox he stole from me but it was my first trade and didnt know anything about bartertown, so we talked over MSN msngr and so i have little proof so i cant do anything about it, this guy is bad news.
"Hey unfaithful i will teach you, To be stronger.
Hey ungracefull i will teach you to forgive one other.
Desperate to brush the lips of grace."

Some will seek forgiveness others will seek escape.
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

Update to everyone.

Apparently Max is out to make things right. I settled up with him over the weekend with him returning my money.
Rocco Pella ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Rocco Pella »

i personally contacted him after receiving some mailing about getting back with people about their issues..he seemed to have some issues that he couldnt control... but anyway

currently he is telling me he cant get ahold of
Bob McFadden or Rick Branton

anyone know a contact?
scrumhalf ( 56 )

Post by scrumhalf »

death weasle emailed me telling me he would get my items to me, we'll just see if anything works out?????? Ill inform everyone on the status in about a week. Verry much thanks to rocca pella

scrumhalf ( 56 )

Post by scrumhalf »

I received a refund, wasnt really what i actually asked for but, i got stuff. Thanks to Rocco. Rocco is not associated with Max Martinez at all, But helped me out alot, and contacted max telling him to give me my minis back. Appreciated very much, Hope things work out for everyone else.

Michael Ruble ( 100 )
BTown Regular

Post by Michael Ruble »

I also received a refund from Max. It was in full. We are even after almost a year of emails back and forth, dealing Law Enforcement Agencies and the USPS Fraud Dept.
I also have references on eBay under Grims1ade of 120+. Please email me at grimslade01@gmail.com for all offers and questions. Thanks!!!
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

I rescend all my previous good will towards Max Martinez and all involved. I can only assume Max is using someone else's email account to pay for funds and now that person is attempting to recover the money. If anyone has any contact information to the local officer in charge at the police, please let me know. Here is the email I recieved from paypal saying that an investingation was called on funds I recieved.

Dear DJ Law,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Aug. 7, 2005 20:09:32 PDT
Transaction Amount: $31.00 USD
Payor's Email: ThevorpalOne@gmail.com

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

To assist us in our investigation and to determine if you qualify for the Seller Protection Program, please send an email to pending-reversal@paypal.com with the following information:

1. The item, service or purpose of the purchase, and the associated value; 2. The name and address given to you by the sender (if an item was purchased); 3. If shipped, the company used for shipping, date of shipment, and tracking number for the shipment; 4. Details of any other transactions related to the transaction(s) in question; 5. A phone number where you can be reached during the day and evening; and 6. Insurance information, if applicable.

Any additional information you have regarding this transaction, such as email correspondence, will further help us to expedite our investigation. Solving these cases helps us continue to offer PayPal as a secure and cost-effective payment service. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Team

Here are the original email responses I sent to TheVorpalOne.

Thank you for returning my money.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 10:04 PM
To: DJ and Kristin Law
Subject: Re: Hello..I owe you a refund on Temple guard blisters

Ok..The Payment is sent..Can you please send me back A email that you got it and such..Once again. I am sorry for the screw up..I could not contact anyone from a dead computer. Thanks for understanding.

On 8/7/05, DJ and Kristin Law <dj-k-law@comcast.net> wrote:
> Yes.
>
> Please paypal to dj-k-law@comcast.net
>
> Thanks.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: The Vorpal One [mailto:thevorpalone@gmail.com]
> Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 12:57 PM
> To: DJ and Kristin Law
> Subject: Re: Hello..I owe you a refund on Temple guard blisters
>
> I was computer-less and had no way to contact anyone. I finally got my
> computer runnning and had everyones contact info. You have a paypal
> account correct? If so, I need it.
>
> On 8/7/05, DJ and Kristin Law <dj-k-law@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Thanks for finally getting back to me.
> >
> > I either need $30.00 or I need ten 5th edition temple guard.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: The Vorpal One [mailto:thevorpalone@gmail.com]
> > Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 6:51 PM
> > To: dj-k-law@comcast.net
> > Subject: Hello..I owe you a refund on Temple guard blisters
> >
> > Hi,
> > Back in the day..I sent you stuff and you did not get everything. I
> > wouldlike to paypal you back some cash to cover the Temple Guard
> > Blisters.. Let me know what I owe you
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> >
> >
> > - DJ Law
> > Contact: dj-k-law@comcast.net
> > Temple Guard Blisters.
> > --
> > Join The Dark Side Of The Net http://rowusa.org/
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Join The Dark Side Of The Net http://rowusa.org/
>
>

--
Join The Dark Side Of The Net http://rowusa.org/
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Wow, that's a new low.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
darkjedilaw ( 376 )
Resident Trader

Post by darkjedilaw »

That is what I thought.

I did get a quick response back. The first being an accusatory email basically saything that this isn't an error on his part and a second one stating that he may have found the "problem".

I am giving him a bit of time to sort it out, but I am not holding my breath.
Michael Ruble ( 100 )
BTown Regular

Post by Michael Ruble »

Hey I got the same thing today from PAYPAL from Max Martinez. That jackass! What a scumbag!

Here is my note:

Dear Michael Ruble,

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Aug. 9, 2005 12:26:26 PDT
Transaction Amount: $32.00 USD
Payor's Email: ThevorpalOne@gmail.com

If you have not delivered the goods or services related to this transaction, we ask that you delay or stop delivery until our investigation is complete as you may be liable for the amount in question.

To assist us in our investigation and to determine if you qualify for the Seller Protection Program, please send an email to pending-reversal@paypal.com with the following information:

1. The item, service or purpose of the purchase, and the associated value;
2. The name and address given to you by the sender (if an item was purchased);
3. If shipped, the company used for shipping, date of shipment, and tracking number for the shipment;
4. Details of any other transactions related to the transaction(s) in question;
5. A phone number where you can be reached during the day and evening; and
6. Insurance information, if applicable.

Any additional information you have regarding this transaction, such as email correspondence, will further help us to expedite our investigation. Solving these cases helps us continue to offer PayPal as a secure and cost-effective payment service. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Team

----------------------------------------------------------------
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID PP231
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

jnkljnkljn

Post by MagickalMemories »

Know what he's probably doing?

Either he hijacked someone elses PayPal account (which, though likely, is not my first thought) or -and this is actually the one I'm leaning towards- He's paid you, gotten proof that you were paid (to show the police to keep the law off of his back), then he calls them fraudulent payments to PayPal(his "account got hijacked," or something) and gets his money back.

Regardless of which may be the case, the dumass didn't think that the people (who have suddenly had $$ taken back from them) could do anything about it (like contact PayPal or the police).

Sheesh.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”