BTR Bob Bickels - RESOLVED

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

dchustler ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR Bob Bickels - RESOLVED

Post by dchustler »

Mod's, everyone, we are working this out. Thanks for your input and snap judgments. :roll: I am finding that I was perhaps outta line puting this up here.

Thanks to warpigs8man who put up something objective as oposed to saying to bury me or that my issue is somehow "funny".

~James Peterson
Last edited by dchustler on Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OmniJackal ( 28 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by OmniJackal »

Im not a mod. But double post is a bad idea and proof is a good idea.

(LIN)
You MUST!!! have the following:
Proof of Bartertown-based transaction:
scanned receipt,
emails with complete headers,
private messages,
or other form of communication that clearly states what was being traded for what, when, who was sending first, when the packages were sent, and so forth!

Basically we need to see what happened or this post will be gone.
Bob Bickels ( 8 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Bob Bickels »

ok....do you want me to post the emails? I have to warn though, there is some bad launguage used by dchustler aka James Peterson. Also I don't see why people shouldn't send me anything......I have even been sending people free stuff. I am not trying to evade you either, I just don't sit 24 hours a day at a computer screen waiting for someone to send me an email. Why would you want someone who has dealt with me to contact you? Do you think all my refs are false or something? Also I didn't say I sent it to someone else because you threatened, it is because that is the truth and I didn't get to a computer to tell you.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Jerpa jerpa Jihad!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Nick, I think it would be hilarious for you to go ahead and post EVERYTHING here. It doesn't seem as if Hustler is going to... I even warned him that he needed to do that in his attempted hijack of your painting thread.

I think it would be rather funny if HIS thread on YOU had all of the conversations posted by they guy who the thread is supposed to be about. Kind of a funny twist. You know?

I think it would be hilarious, but I wouldn't do it. Let him show his own proof. When Lin gets on here, he'll straighten things up.

As far as language goes, WHOMEVER posts the emails/PMs should edit out naughty words with a {censored} or something.

Hustler, you want to hear from someone who dealt with him?
That's me.

Want my opinion? Read his feedback.

MagickalMemories
@
aol.com

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
warpigs8man ( 140 )
Resident Trader

Hustler... Things Happen

Post by warpigs8man »

Well I know for a fact that Bob holds true to what he says. I have never had a problem with him before... I have dealt with Bob on several occassions and everything has been great. I have zero complaints.

As a matter of fact I was planning on doing a nother trade with him next week. And even after reading this I am still going to trade. I have no reason to believe that Bob would try to rob anyone or steal from anyone.
Micah (warpigs8man)

"When things go bad, circle the wagons, don't beat the horses."
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Man, you go out of town for your anniversary and look what happens.

Bickels, if you want to post anything feel free. DCHustler clearly hasn't bothered to follow up, so go for it. :roll:
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
Bob Bickels ( 8 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Bob Bickels »

ok, I'll wait till he posts the stuff....I only get 1 hour of internet a day at the Library here so I won't waste it doing his job. I still don't see what his problem is....I made a simple filing mistake and am doing everything he wants me to do except make a phone call to him - I won't do this because judging from the politeness of his recent emails I would be a waste of money. I guess I could place a collect call so that he gets charged for it.
dchustler ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Here's my proof

Post by dchustler »

Either way I don't have my stuff so you can bad mouth me all you want. You want to take sides go ahead. I was just trying to be a helpfull part of this site warning people of a problem I am having... I would gladly retract of amend any posts that were later fixed and worked out. As admin of the site I find it very disrespectfull that you are already picking sides on something you know nothing about... And "thresd Jacking" as I see it 5 people have already jacked this?!?!? I believe you have given me a very hostile respone to my proble with someone on "your" forum. As such when my issue with Bickes eds I will remove myself from these forums. I have a spotless record with all my dealings here and other places and the poor reception I have recived is more than enough motivation for me to never come here again. I am so sorry that I was trying to watch out for others and posting my grievence... maybe "bad tradder" wasn't where I should have put it but eitherway you or anyone else was not interested in helping.... just flamming me!

Heres your "proof"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
they will be going out tomorrow. I just remember that i had to send some stuff out and ran out of cash :(

>From: "The dchustler" <dchustler@hotmail.com>
>To: nickgibbs@hotmail.com
>Subject: RE: Dark Eldar
>Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:59:56 -0700
>
>So where do we stand on the minis? Are they mailed yet or still not
>finished?
>
>Just wanting to check up on where things are.
>
>Thanks,
>James
>

hi there. I sent you an email saying they were in the mail. It came to 5.40 to ship, not $5. I honestly ran out of spare cash. I sent them via airmail 2 days after. Have you not recived them?

>Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:40:33 -0700
>
>So, you haven't let me know yet. I took a gamble sending you money
>before you did your job and I am starting to feel as if I am being
>swindled... Tell me where my minis are and when I can expect them.
>
>I would apreciate a little more communication from you.
>
>Furthermore I don't know if I said this before but "I ran out of
>money" is inexcusable when I have sent you more money to cover the
>costs. I didn't expect you to front the money... I gave it to you!
>
>Get back to me ASAP!
>
>~James

well usually it won't take 3-4 weeks. Once it is summer (end of June), our entire staff i will be on holidays, including me. We you will be able to send me batches every week so that by the time the first week is done, i will have the second weeks etc. I am going on a traing course in Vancouver untill either 8th of july and am taking off to New York for a retreat from the 17th to the 29th. I will be able to paint some stuff for you between now and the 24th and the 8th and the 17th. If you don't feel comforatble sending the payment with the models you can send it after you get everything back.

>Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:58:08 -0700
>
>Well I didn't get the email.... Hopefully I will have them today
>when I get home. Thanks for the work... I will look at them and
>send more to you shortly. (if you want?). I am trying to get to a
>tournament so I would like to start a more hard line schedule with
>you. More of a guideline... just something we can hold each other
>to. Would you be up for that? 3-4 weeks for 20 warriors is fine
>but I would like to kick it up a notch maybe? I can increase your
>pay most certianly.
>
>I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here.... let me look at them once
>I have them in my hot hands and I will decide from there.
>
>Thanks,
>James

hi there. I am very sorry that you are feeling that way. Why don't you send me your address so I can cross - refrence(sp?) it with the one that I have?

>Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:17:48 -0700
>
>Oh man you are really pushing me to my edge! So, how long has it
>been since you sent my stuff "3 day mail"? By my count it's about
>10 days... that's quite a spread. Email me back and tell me what is
>going on! I never leave bad feedback but you are fishing for a bit
>more than that! You really need to step up and communicate with me
>on what is going on. You are giving me little option than to assume
>you are ripping me off...
>
>~James

hello. It appears that your address and the one I have on file are completly different. I can send you some dark eldar figs back that I did some practing on as well as a refund. The minis are almost exact, only I'm missing the painted one your sent me as I sent that to what I thoguht your address was. They also don't have anything on their bases.

>Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:58:59 -0700
>
>Dude! You relly need to contact me. Big time. You ask for my
>address again and don't give any response... either yes I got it or
>not (or sent it there... for that matter). I also see you have new
>clients... I will be contacting them to inform them of the issue we
>are having if I do not here from you in 24 hours. I want to know
>where my stuff is and when I can expect it OR a full refund plus the
>cost of the minis.
>
>Seriously I more or less want my stuff and for this to be over. I
>cannot sit by and have some other person send you 100+ minis if I
>can't even get my 20. I will inform them and the bartertown
>community. Please contact me and work this out!
>
>James
>

hi there. I recived both of your very "polite" emails. I'm sorry, but it would cost me about 3 bucks to call long distance. I have sent the person and email and I will be getting them back in less than 10 buisness days. I am on Vancouver Island untill the 15th so I will send them to you as soon as I get back. Also, for your information, I have never "edit" a job

>Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:10:16 -0700
>
>And another thing... IF you sent it to an address that you have on
>file... then you know who it is or at least where it is. So, I
>suggest you send them a letter asking for them to return it as it is
>not their's. You can get to it and I expect you to....
>
>Furthermore I want you to call me tonight!
>
>(509) 332-4909
>
>~James
>

ok, I agree I wouldn't mind making the call, but from the politeness of the emails it would be a waste if time I did. In regards to the money problem I was 40 cents short OK?!?! I sent it out the next day, so I don't see what the problem is in regards to that. I will have a good trip because I won't have email, which means I have 2 weeks away from you!!

>Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:12:31 -0700
>
>You never "edit" a job? Dude I don't mean to piss in your corn
>flakes but this has gone to edit in a hurry and you will excuse me
>if my paitence is wearing thin. You have failed on all accounts to
>prove to me why I should be trusting you. What haven't I done to
>make this easy for you... I sent you the money up front (a big risk)
>plus what was needed to send them back. Then when I asked to know
>when they were comming back you "had no money" except you should
>have had MY money! Yeah the stuff I sent you so you wouldn't have
>to front the shipping. Now everythings missing. You cannot belly
>up and make a phone call... and 3 dollars? What are you using a tin
>can with string?!?
>
>Show some integrity and make this right....
>
>Enjoy your trip... I'll be waiting!
>
>~James
Bob Bickels ( 8 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Bob Bickels »

ok, you are putting my reply before your actually email. Also, I never once said that they were in 3 day mail. I said Air mail which means 7-10 buisness days. You have also seemed to edit out the emails in which you swore and were VERY rude.
warpigs8man ( 140 )
Resident Trader

Dude you have to be more patient that that.

Post by warpigs8man »

I have read the dates and read the emails. You are not allowing enough time for the mail. Also what I have read is that he was working on getting the minis back. It is called a mistake. People make them. I was stuck in Iraq for a year and I had to wait 3 to 4 weeks just for a letter from my daughter. Adn you are complaining about minis.

1st question I have is this: "Do you have doubts that you will not have your mini's returned?"

From what I read he was getting them back and sending them back out to you.

2nd question: "Why did you not opt to get insurance on your stuff in the mail?"

I have lost so much stuff in the mail as well as stuff being sent to me when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan. The mail is not very effecient, but for some reason when you insure items they seem to make sure they get where they are going.

If the minis are that important to you then pay the extra $1 to get them insured when you mail them. As for Bob sending them back out, you could have stated to make sure they are insured on the way back. I always do when I order stuff. I have had things lost before but never when they are insured.

Sounds to me that you need to show a little more patience. It is an international deal. We all know that 2 day mail take 5 and 3 day mail takes 10. And that is on a good day.

Well that is my 2 cents.

See you all later,
Micah (warpigs8man)

"When things go bad, circle the wagons, don't beat the horses."
dchustler ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by dchustler »

Yeah your right... Im having myself removed from bartertown. Im a dick! I hope that Nick will get my stuff back to me... sometime. Eitherway I don't care anymore. I had such a venomous reception here that I just feel inclined to leave. Your right stuff happens and I guess I just didn't give him a chance. So, I have told Lind to remove me and this post also. It was likely not the right place for it in the first place but I just wanted to protect others untill I got my stuff back. What I was doing I thought was good and noble but aparently not.

Im sorry for everything I have caused.

James Peterson
Bob Bickels ( 8 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Bob Bickels »

you also forgot our MSN messages......I was more than polite and I even gave you pictures of sample color shemes etc. etc.

Here they are

[EDIT]

Oops, started typing this before you posted your last post.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

well

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, leave or don't.
That's your choice.
The reason you got the reception you did is because you went about things the wrong way.

I've been ripped off, as have many here. We UNDERSTAND what you're feeling. Fact is, though, those of us who took a stand on our own issues, then confronted you about the way you're handling things, confronted OUR issues the right way.

My issue is not that you confronted him. Mine was that you posted a bad trader thread on him without following the guidelines, THEN, hijacked his other thread, AND did it all while pointing out his bad references, when his are all positive.

Dude. You have to THINK things through, here.

Honestly, your entire demeanor comes across as if you're some teen who is angry that things aren't going as fast as he'd like, even though you have no real concept of JUST how fast things move in the mail.

Is that true? I don't know... and I'm not claiming that it is. What I AM saying is that you are coming across like it is.

I appreciate that you wanted to put a heads up out there on someone you were concerned about. Had you read all the messages that say "Read this beofre posting," though, you'd have known how to go about things the right way.

Goodbye, and I hope that you have better luck elsewhere.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”