Space Crusade Project

Only Garden Ninja Painting Studio Staff may start new topics in this forum. All users may respond to existing topics.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Space Crusade Project

Post by gardenninja »

When I first started miniatures gaming, my first game was the classic Space Crusade. That game will forever have warm feelings from me.

However, I soon started converting minis from the set, and using their bits in other conversions and I found that I really wanted to play Space Crusade, but didn't have any of the parts that I'd need.

So I went to my "bits box"- which is quite extensive these days, with parts catalogued- and found that I could pull a full Space Crusade force out of it.

For painting, I've decided to create tributes to forces that I've painted in the past- some for clients, others for myself. None of them will match those forces too closely, as I'll be creating a new take on them.

Here's the first squad I finished: Salamanders

I painted up my first unit as Salamanders as a tribute to the Salamanders forces I painted over the years (they'll be 'counts as' Imperial Fists for the most part). This version of the Salamanders doesn't quite match any of the other color schemes for Sallies that I've done, and it was nice to have a slightly new take on them.

And here are the Gretchin.

I had considered quite a few options for my Gretchin- I have quite a few goblins from various companies I could easily convert. I also have some of the older plastic gretchin minis- but I felt that the pose was too standard.

In the end, I decided to take old metal Snotlings, and arm them with missile weapons. I really fell that this works for their lowly status.

Here they are:

In Space Crusade, the marines fight against a mixed force of Chaos Tainted enemies- among those are five Chaos Space Marines.

I was originally having a hard time deciding what chapter to make the Chaos marines (since I've done quite a few Chaos Space Marine armies for clients that I'd like to make a tributes to).

Then I realized that in gameplay terms, they don't need to be a squad -they can all spawn at different locations, and pretty much act as five independent marines.

So, they'll each be from different Chaos chapters. Here's the first one- a marine of the Black Legion:

Return to “Garden Ninja Painting Studio”