Proposed descriptive change to Misc Future trading area

Check here for proposed changes to the website. Stay On Target with your comments!

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3024 )
Gentleman Sadist

Proposed descriptive change to Misc Future trading area

Post by porkuslime » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:03 am

We are changing the description of the Misc Future minatures trading area.

Old description:
If it's futuristic and it's not 40K, you've got the right place.
New proposed description:
If it's futuristic and it's not 40K, you've got the right place. Infinity, Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada, Battletech all belong here, for example.
Keeping in mind we have space limitations, is there any other changes to be added?

This should go live March 1.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

imp522 ( 710 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: Proposed descriptive change to Misc Future trading area

Post by imp522 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 pm

One thing to consider is in the new fantasy description you list mantic but not here. Maybe instead of Mantic you could do Warpath and Kings of War in the respective sections.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.

eman1_2 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:58 pm

With Imp's suggestion, I will stamp it "OK with me". Just having some examples there will direct people a bit better.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.

MagickalMemories ( 794 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 pm

"Mantic" is shorter and easier to fit within our limitations.

Myself, I don't see any reason to add the obvious ones. For example, since Dystopian Wars is supposed to be taking place in 1870, I could see specifying it. All of the others, though... they are just obvious.

Succinct is better.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

spiralingcadaver ( 454 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 am

MagickalMemories wrote:"Mantic" is shorter and easier to fit within our limitations.

Myself, I don't see any reason to add the obvious ones. For example, since Dystopian Wars is supposed to be taking place in 1870, I could see specifying it. All of the others, though... they are just obvious.

Succinct is better.

Eric
I agree:

Infinity, for instance, is pretty obvious, but Malifaux is occasionally mistaken for sci-fi, and I could see the same with Dystopian Wars, since Steampunk (and its ilk) are somewhat outside of normal genres, often being alternate past/present/future instead of straight fantasy.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.

Return to “Public Comments on Proposed Changes”