Justin Wu... Bad Apple

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Justin Wu... Bad Apple

Post by MagickalMemories »

We tried to keep this civil.
Justin's been asked MANY times not to continue joining and trading on this site, but he hasn't learned his lesson.
The order has come down the pike. It's time to call Justin out and post our collected information on him.
Please, understand that this will probably be done over a number of posts, as we collect all of our information on him into one place.

Justin Wu was banned from the site originally for telling another user how to break the rules here and "get away with it". In full knowledge that he is breaking the rules, he's continued to return over the years under new guises. Typically, he keeps his identity secret, in an effort not to be caught. He doesn't realize that we're just faster than him.

Here are some of the User Names he's used over the years. Please, note that this is NOT a complete list (yet):

TTGamer
JJJ_Gamer
nurglephil
chobo
irontrader296
ikarus
ikarus-1
yarisworld
NecroPhalanx
Jwuggles
JYP
ImperialTrader
WargameNation
LLL
bhw

"Real" Names he's used:
Justin Wu
Jenson Wu
Chobo Wu
Jason Wu

Email Addresses he's used:
(This WILL take a few days to get complete)

Numerous "rogue market" email addresses
Admin@40kterra_com
jenswu@yahoo.com
lordofwh40k@yahoo.com
40kterra@gmail.com
jwuggles@yahoo.com
jyp@gmail.com
40kdealer@gmail.com
miztahliang@gmail.com
miztahwu@yahoo.com
Chaosauron@yahoo.com - possible
bhw.chobo@gmail.com
wubera@gmail.com

Under a number of these Names, email addresses and User ID's, he's had complaints against him of poor trading practices, including non-delivery, non-contact after receiving payment, slow delivery and incomplete delivery of goods.

As if Mr. Wu's numerous accounts and bad trading habits aren't enough, he seems to enjoy sending unsolicited messages to Bartertown members in which he hawks his own site and tells them how it's "like Bartertown," and that there's someone on there who, he thinks, was looking for whatever the person had... or had whatever the person wanted...

The "User" on Rogue Market he typically refers to?
Tesla.
"Tesla," by the way, is ONE OF Justin's ID's on Rogue Market (the other KNOWN ID being "Admin").

He also continues to trade here, making no mention of his ID or *other* website to SOME trade partners, for various items he wants or wants to get rid of. Justin, if your site is so good, WHY do you keep coming here, trading in OUR forums?

When Justin left here, he was Admin/owner of 40kterra.com. That site eventually had "server problems" or "software problems" and was shut down. Oddly enough, I've heard from people who he owed money or product to through various "specials" he was running on his site at the time.
Eventually, he opened WargameNation (WargamesNation?). Some time later, the site shut down with the SAME PROBLEMS as 40K Terra... and amidst MORE complaints of him taking off with money/product.

Justin is, now, the owner/ lead Admin of Rogue Market.
Welcome, Justin. Our Official Policy, and our Private Policy is that there's MORE THAN enough room on the internet for another Game Trading website. We wish you luck, and we wish you'd stay off of our site, now.

If you have any questions, comments or information about Justin, please feel free to PM them to me, porkuslime, or Linrandir.

This topic will be locked, and only available for viewing.

Eric

(Edited 06/23/2009 by MM)
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Justin Wu... Bad Apple

By request, I've opened this up for user input.
If you have any information on this person that is not listed above, please feel free to post it here.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
LunaHound ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by LunaHound »

Not sure if this helps , but since its related to him guess i'll post it here.

He have been going around dakka PMing most of the active traders there claiming Rogue Market have a team of
admins with back up insurance for 100% safe trade (what ever that means). I replied asking wasnt one of the admin also a scammer ( i didnt know it was him till today lol )
he promptly denied any and linked me a post on how they are currently tracking a scammer down etc etc.

Im confused to what purpose he have with the rogue-market site , will be staying away from it now. Thank you for the info Eric
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I can't take full credit. I just posted it.
About half is my work, a quarter is Linrandir's, and the rest is contributions from the rest of the Mod staff.
You're welcome, though, Luna. Good to see you hereabouts.

As for what he has to do with that site... he's the owner and main man, and I feel sorry for anyone trying to collect on any sort of insurance policy he might claim to have. Especially, if he's asking them to pay for it.

Justin has multiple excuses explaining why he's not a scammer, but he can't say anything in defense of Brother Warchild who was one of his Moderators, as I understand, and scammed people.

Eric
lunahound wrote:Thank you for the info Eric
You're welcome.
We're always here, trying to help and grow the online trading community. Bartertown's been around since 1996. We have a history that no other game-trading site I know of can match. More safe (gaming) trades happen here than anywhere else because we support safe trading and aren't afraid to do so, no matter whose feelings might get hurt in the process.
Some sites are too busy trying to get new members to join -and stay- to properly police themselves and their members. We're at a point where we've done that already, and gotten pretty good at it. Now, we're expanding and adding new stuff.

JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Justin Wu... scammer

Post by JohnHwangBT »

In an off-site message to me, Justin claimed not to have any BTRs, and to only have been a backout.

BTR against his "yarisworld" ID begs to differ.

Money was sent and received via PayPal on paid on Mar. 4, 2009.

No acknowledgement of payment was made, nor were goods shipped.

Justin sat on the money until Apr. 4, 2009, when the BTR was posted, and he was contacted by Btown staff. At that point Justin refunded the money.

That is a scammer in action, folks.

It shouldn't take a BTR and Btown admin to get people to do the right thing.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

What are his stipulations for having a "safe" trade? Could it be "Lodge Membership"? For those of you that haven't seen it, that is the elite level of the Rogue Market site. You can pay for a discount off gaming product, a snazzy title, and elbow rubbing privileges with the powers that be there. All to the tune starting out at $30 all the way up to an unknown amount.

Of course, as mentioned, the "powers that be" there, namely Mr. Wu, is the same one who has changed websites TWICE before.
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I'd like to (a) thank you all for taking an interest in the continued safe operation of Bartertown and (b) ask that you keep your posts strictly factual. Opinions or suspicions without evidence should be PMed to an Admin for consideration for inclusion.

Thanks.

Eric

JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Justin Wu... Scammer Extraordinarie!

Post by JohnHwangBT »

Looks like Btown's banned scammer just can't stay away where he's not wanted.

If Rogue Market really were a legit site, and not another of Justin's scams, he should just stay off Btown.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Another nail in the coffin.

It seems Mr. Wu's been caught at his rampant naughtiness again.

http://www.ordofanaticus.com/modules.ph ... ic&t=11774

Remember, "Chobo" is an ID he's used here before.

Eric

Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

Oh but MM, he's an upstanding moral leader in the trading community and we are supposed to be sooo jealous of him! That cannot be? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yea, all those supporters of Justin and his scamming... here's an "I TOLD YOU SO" from me to you with many kisses and hugs.... Talking to you Jason
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44
lord aramaki ( 50 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by lord aramaki »

i don't think justin is a bad person. yes he did make multiple accounts, and that is something that shouldn't be done. but this doesn't mean hes a bad person.

secondly, about the dakka dakka thing, afaik, justin got an advert agreement there, and has sponsored a few contests.

just my two cents. cya.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

Really?

If you Check References for Real Name "Justin Wu", Justin's Feedback is is 11 Good & 2 Bad for a net rating of 2.

In the words of his trading partners:

4-13-2006
tdavis wrote: I closed a trade deal with Justin, and am unfortunately leaving this feedback, he was to ship his items first and told me they were going out that weekend, then 3 weeks and 4 emails asking what was going on with no response later I have still heard nothing from him, I would strongly urge consideration dealing with him and be cautious that he has little interest in executing completed deals.
5-17-2006
2tonearmy wrote: i have to say that justin was a horrible person to trade with. i sent my package first, describing the condition of the models beforehand. He received the package, told me how horrible the models looked and told me he was returning them. its been about 2 months and i still haven't heard from him. he never sent his package either. dishonest and horrible commnication. F--
To me, that says that he broke a contract with tdavis, and then stole 2tonearmy's models. Now, maybe you don't care about someone who's word isn't worth anything, but stealing someone's models is "bad" and only a "bad person" does this.

What he does on Dakka, that's between him and Dakka.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Let's not forget this, John:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=90398

Only the GOOD guys blackmail.

Eric

TerranRaida ( 18 )
BTown Regular

Post by TerranRaida »

[edited by MagickalMemories. BTR's are not allowed for off site trades. Making this post generic. Changes by me in blue]

[User reports problems with Justin over on Heresy Online forums.]

his username on that forums is Izual.

the pm he sent me is as follows -
"Hey there - I own a trading website - http://www.Site with an untrustworthy owner

Jezlad is my friend as well - so thats my credentials so far.

[Edited out some text. Left above text to show that he's name-dropping to try to show legitimacy.]

If so - my paypal address is : 40kterra@gmail.com

[edited out more details]

Justin Wu
street address edited
Seattle, WA 98178

Thank you for the post, but we still follow the rules, even when it's Justin.
Malus Darkblade ( -2 )
Account Terminated - Trading Weapons

Post by Malus Darkblade »

TerranRaida wrote:[edited by MagickalMemories. BTR's are not allowed for off site trades. Making this post generic. Changes by me in blue]

[User reports problems with Justin over on Heresy Online forums.]

his username on that forums is Izual.

the pm he sent me is as follows -
"Hey there - I own a trading website - http://www.*edit*

Jezlad is my friend as well - so thats my credentials so far.

[Edited out some text. Left above text to show that he's name-dropping to try to show legitimacy.]

If so - my paypal address is : 40kterra@gmail.com

[edited out more details]

Justin Wu
street address edited
Seattle, WA 98178

Thank you for the post, but we still follow the rules, even when it's Justin.
IF you have been having this problem PMING Jezlad Or Galahad on hersay would be the way to go with it.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”