the_trader AKA Joe Bartle - Involved Parties Discussion

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Taking action on the-trader - Involved Parties Discussion

Post by insidius »

Great job here, I was just about to start looking for this guy to help you guys out until I found this thread and saw you're already doing a great job. Norse, way to go so far, this is exactly how I got my stuff back when I was stolen from, you have to build a case and that's exactly what you've done. Looks like you guys don't need my help.

I wish you guys the best of luck.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
Mathias ( 26 )
Trade Novice

Post by Mathias »

Reported via the weblink. Here's to hoping this keeps moving forward!
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Well the arguement from the Deadbeats forum is resolved at least

My claim from Paypal was resolved yesterday.
Status
We were able to recover $0.00 CAD from the seller and processed a refund to you.

What happens next

We're working with the seller to recover the rest of your refund. We'll let you know when the seller is able to full refund your payment.
I called paypal and they have taken him to a collections agency. When the collections agency gets the money we will as well. Upon furthur thought, I think I am going to call again and see if I can provide some helpful information to them. If you do not have a verified account I do not think you have to enter a verified address.
redstarone ( 48 )
Account Terminated

Post by redstarone »

I just wanted to say how excellent it is that this topic has been made a sticky at the very top of this section.

Great stuff and as Mathias said, hesrs hoping this keeps moving foward at the steady pace its going. But if I was a gambling man, I would put money on its pretty much snow balling now.

---Matt
Brian Thacker ( 92 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Brian Thacker »

Well I recieved a response from paypal but it was as I thought. We have found in your favor but there is no money in the account. I have also recieved a response from Gary at the police department and sent back what was asked. Here is to moving forward :lol: The hammer of justice keeps chipping away...

Brian
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Oh I had a laugh today. I called the UK today. I am not going to say where, because i don't want to give away the angle I am working on.

Anyways I was trying to find out if this person knew Joesph, or knew someone that did know him. The person I was talking to about Joesph... asked me "Do you know what he looks like?"(to help her identify who I was talking about) I said that we found his facebook. And that he had a bit of a round face and a bald head, but not really any stand out features that we knew about. I said that he is about 18-19 and may be disabled.

She replied "I know who you are talking about, he is that really ugly, pric, fat kid."

I wanted to share that... It made me laugh.

That is all i will say for now i dont want Joseph to get wise to what I am doing. Needless to say his reputation in Hull is ruined. Well from what I am hearing It wasnt good to begin with, no one likes him there either.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =221862325

You mean this kid?

And this came up for "Lisa Bartle:"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =164426803

Even has a picture of Joe inside :P
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

insidius wrote:http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =221862325

You mean this kid?

And this came up for "Lisa Bartle:"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =164426803

Even has a picture of Joe inside :P
WOW.
Two posts in the same thread AND in the same week.

I can't even remember the last time you were on twice in the same Month, Sid! LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Arma ( 26 )
BTown Regular

Post by Arma »

Wow so Lisa is his GF? Joe sure looks like a stand up individual.
redstarone ( 48 )
Account Terminated

Post by redstarone »

YAY you guys tracked down his g/f!

Thats indeed her. He made a few reference s to her when we were still talking. The only thing he failed to mention is she has a kid. But that does look like his picture.

Keep it up!!!
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Has anyone contacted her regarding this matter?

Or does anyone have plans to?

If you guys want, I can contact her in an 'official' capacity as part of the admin team here at Bartertown, your call, though.

redstarone ( 48 )
Account Terminated

Post by redstarone »

insidius wrote:Has anyone contacted her regarding this matter?

Or does anyone have plans to?

If you guys want, I can contact her in an 'official' capacity as part of the admin team here at Bartertown, your call, though.
While I think Norseman should decide that as he is the most informed one... I personally say do it. Ive heard MANY good things about you insidius, your the perfect man for this job.

---Matt
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

My concern is that I don't want this girl receiving a barrage of messages from random people.

I think it'd be best if you guys had a sort of ambassador for this thing. While I'm not suggesting that be me necessarily, I will do it if you guys need or want me to, since I am an objective presence in this matter.

That said, she might not even be his girlfriend anymore if you consider the age of the profile and the last time either of them logged in. Might not even be able to establish contact.

redstarone ( 48 )
Account Terminated

Post by redstarone »

insidius wrote:My concern is that I don't want this girl receiving a barrage of messages from random people.

I think it'd be best if you guys had a sort of ambassador for this thing. While I'm not suggesting that be me necessarily, I will do it if you guys need or want me to, since I am an objective presence in this matter.

That said, she might not even be his girlfriend anymore if you consider the age of the profile and the last time either of them logged in. Might not even be able to establish contact.

Well, he mentioned her several times in many msn chats. She lives with him or he lives with her.

---Matt
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Don't call his girlfriend. Don't even involve her. Deal with the source. If he won't/refuses to answer calls, then go to the authorities. The trade was between him and the parties involved, not her.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”