Robert Eveland, The Drop Zone: Compiled Bad Trade Reports

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

People need to be OCD when it comes to following up with the authorities.

I mean write them, call them whatever you need to do atleast once a week for follow ups.

Sometimes things just get put aside by accident.

Follow up.

Do it.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
knthrak ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by knthrak »

I've also tried taking it up with GW in the US. I'm fairly well resigned to the fact that i've lost around $200 US with this guy.
BFG and EA army builder File Author, contact me with bug reports!
mcfly ( 162 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by mcfly »

And here i was thinking that your Police & laws was better then ours in Canada!

It sadly seems that too many people do it. Some of them go bankrupt and then buy it back for 0.10 in a dollar....

I've seen it a couple of times in Quebec & Ontario, the latest Meubles Diversions (ripped off a total of 1,250,000$$$) got it back for less then half! and the funny part! he still calls me for replacement parts for the lamps we sold him before he went down! See... how ugly they can be! This ?$/?%/$ is still on business, same address...LAME!

Too bad ordinary people get caught in the process! Hope you guys get some recomfort...I got screwed on ebay 2 years ago by a guy selling a paintball gun....never go it & EBAY said that the guy closed his account...end of it!

Please try again!

McFly
Gamer since the 80's :)
From Quebec city, Canada, the only fortified city in north-america.

• When using paypal We will ship after paypal confirmation, paypal offers protection anyway.
• Lower rating ships first for trades.
• Trade values are retail for retail unless otherwise stated.
• Pictures are available upon request.
• I ship using Canada Post / USPS and expect the same in return. NO COURIER SERVICES! Ridiculous customs fees with them.
victorpofa ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by victorpofa »

Here is my bad experience with The Drop Zone Online.

I ordered a bunch of minis from this guy about a year ago. Over the next month I got 2 packages worth about $250. Mostly Dark Angel miniatures around their release. There was about $100 in bitz outstanding at this point. He assured me that they will be in the mail within a week since bitz were ordered separately.

12 weeks (and many emails and voicemails) later and I had not heard from him since his assurances mentioned above. I finally got on the phone with my credit card company and disputed the missing $100 of the order. I got credited for the money and never heard back about it so he did not dispute it. I was lucky, but it was not until I saw this thread that I disputed the charge.

His website is now gone as well so perhaps his bad business practices finally caught up with him.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: The Drop Zone: Compiled Bad Trade Report Topics

Post by MagickalMemories »

Ladies & Gentlemen, please welcome one of the newest members of Bartertown's "Hall of Shame!"

Watch this forum. There are MORE TO COME!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “The Hall of Shame”