The Greatest Bartertown Community Charity 40K Project Ever!

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Greatest Bartertown Community Charity 40K Project Ev

Postby ssapper » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:22 am

So time is up, and the Army is at about 70% which may seem a lot, but this army is bigger than a chapters worth. So since there is no way to get it completed in time, packet up, shipped and the custom transport cases delivered all to the NOCF HQ two weeks prior to the event. I have talked with Troy, and he is pushing through. And this Army will be the first completed for the 2016 NOCF. Again thank you all for your continued support and I am sorry I have failed you. I did not expect such amazing support from Bartertown, my local community, and international and USA based buisnesses, that we far exceeded what we thought we would collect. Which is great, but we did not plan on the time to match such massive support, and then with multiple critical shipping delays, and a huge supporter (custom bases) backing out right after the most critical time, we had some serious delays. If you want to be upset at me, it is ok, I feel bad enough already to have failed my favorite community, that now I would rather you dispise me than be upset at Troy. I will post some of the most recent photos shortly, and again I am sorry.
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby leanhnam220 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:05 am

Thank you!
leanhnam220 ( 0 )
New Trader

Postby ssapper » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 am

The NOCF raised 25K this year at the NOVA OPEN for charity (from online army raffle ticket sales, on site silent auction, and lounge) That is 5k more than last year. And with this Army steam rolling into the 2016 Nova Open it looks like Bartertown.com is going to help break a new record!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:57 am

So again I am sorry, but I have been rather busy. Old Uncle Sam has had me running laps around freedom bell for the last few months. Had to put off some very important things to me, and even my trip to the Nova Open, of which I had paid for in advance, but when he calls I do not have many options. In any event, I am back local for a little while, with just some local training events in my near future so will be in and out. But Troy was nice enough to shoot me some updated progress photos over the last few weeks so I figure I will dump some great images here for you fellas to druel over and start to anticipate just how great 2016 is going to be!
Again thank you all for the continued support, none of this would be possible without your awesome support.

V/r
Eric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:59 am

And here comes four more photos!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby MagickalMemories » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:12 am

Wow.
Such great work!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 718 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Postby ssapper » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:07 am

I know, I have been slacking getting updates to you, but here is some nice eyecandy.

It is going to be one awesome NOVA OPEN! THANKS TO YOU!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:08 am

And a few more...
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:44 am

So some updates;
Yes I have been slacking, but seriously, I am managing a full time Army gig (with two short trips since this started), a family, with a boy that eats energizer bunnies for breakfast, over 30 various charity projects, (last one complete was Astartes of Charity, perhaps you saw it up for sale on ebay, about a hundred figs from about a hundred artists, raised something like $300 for charity, if I exchange the pound rate right, planning out another similar (Deathwatch) event for 2017) add in the boys soccer practice twice a week, and games, my failed attempt to start a hobby shop, and racking volenteer hours on weekends, and to be honest I need a coffee to finish this post....So where was I...Oh yeah did I bore you yet....lol....

Stiff Neck Studios is doing a massive terrain Board! That will tie in this Nova Marine Army, to their Epic fight with an Army of Greenskins that the NOVA has Dave Taylor leading the creation of. What an epic fight that will be!

Troy has mastered the art of home made decals...So hours saved painting there. And the project gets another day closer to complete.

Anyone want to split a room at the Nova with me? So we can save drinking money, and hobby money...

I hope everyone is having a great day, and rolls into an amazing weekend!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby psiekier » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:02 pm

ssapper wrote:last one complete was Astartes of Charity, perhaps you saw it up for sale on ebay, about a hundred figs from about a hundred artists

Yeah, that sounds familiar ...

[ Click to Enlarge ]
psiekier ( 210 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:13 pm

Oh yeh! Glad to see just how active the gaming community is, we did another project together and did not even know it! I am about to launch the 2017 Deathwatch version as well so be on the look out for that one!

And this is the 100th post in this blog!

What a great day!

So Photo of the Knight titan, attached to assist our famed NOVA Marines!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:36 am

I will just leave this here.....Great work Troy! Almost done!
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby ssapper » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:50 pm

No Comments? Are you not entertained?
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Postby 3eland » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:13 am

So this project got move to this year now instead?

Nice work being done, I'm personally not a fan of the colour scheme but I know many who would love it.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
3eland ( 62 )
Site Admin

Postby ssapper » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:30 pm

So Originally we planned for Sept 2015, but due to all the delays with so many shipments from various locations, and the guy who volunteered the bases completely droping out, and the mass of repair work needed, not to mention are artist is military, and a family man, so the struggle became real. But the reall hold up was all the promises that never came through, so I had to go and local purchase a bit to complement the each and ands and turn them into units. And Troy did an amazing job. So now I will be raffled off starting 1July16...by the Nova Open Charitable Foundation, and will be on site at the Nova Open Convention (biggest on east coast), and the winner will be drawn publicly during the convention award ceremony, and also will be a live podcast as well. So hense the color scheme, as they are Nova Marines for the Nova Open, as discussed when this was all planned out so ever long ago. And the working lights on the miniatures is an awesome touch as well. And the price $1 a raffle ticket, is amazing!

I hope everyone is as excited as me.
ssapper ( 246 )
Resident Trader

PreviousNext

Return to The Hall of Shame