Ticknor, Jason from WI

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

kung leao ( 260 )
Resident Trader

Post by kung leao »

Another WWHFB poster here. Insidious, you mentioned that you've been making people aware of Jason without so much as a thank you. That's not right, so here you go:

Sid, thank you.

We did not now how many people were cheated by JT until you, and I presume Morlock, had brought it to the WWHB Admin's attention. Once this was brought to light, many of us did our own research, and from that point on kept Jason at arm's reach.

But this?
Slappy wrote:If they did, and if they had any balls, they would never allow him to show his face at any store or event.
Slappy, this is too damn far. There is something that no one here has considered - that up until this point, a lot of us had known Jason for years, long before any of this had come up. And yes, when you first hear allegations like this about someone whom you had considered a friend, you don't want to believe them. But now, when it has been incontrovertibly proven that folks in our own backyard have gotten taken, we will (for the most part) be granting your wish. What's more, we will do what we have to do in person, right to his face. Not accross a web page, not over emails and PM's, but up close and personal. And that's something that no one on this, or virtually any other board - not you Slappy, not even you Insidious, have ever done.

Does this make us Big Damn Heroes? Hell no, but you'd do well to consider it before you go spouting off on who and who doesn't have balls.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

kung leao wrote: But now, when it has been incontrovertibly proven that folks in our own backyard have gotten taken, we will (for the most part) be granting your wish. What's more, we will do what we have to do in person, right to his face. Not accross a web page, not over emails and PM's, but up close and personal. And that's something that no one on this, or virtually any other board - not you Slappy, not even you Insidious, have ever done.
I'm glad to hear it, and thank you for posting. I'm in no position to confront him face to face, nor do I attend conventions or what have you, so you're right about that. I'm just glad the community has people in his area now that are willing to see this thing through.

I've personally met a few of his ex-friends and/or people that know him and they all say the same things about him.

One thing: if he is truly in the Army now and you guys have caught him in a scam(s), not only report it to the FEds/Police/Post Office/Whoever else involved, but also report it to the Army. Go into a recruiting station if you have to and request his information. They'll nail his ass to the board and make life real difficult for him if they know he's comitting crimes while in the service.

I'm ex-military, so I have seen this firsthand. It ain't pretty.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
ChaosMarine ( 92 )
BTown Regular

Post by ChaosMarine »

Sid,

What branch were you in? I have been in for 15 years now so i know a little about military law(not much though as I'm not JAG). I knew a guy who committed a crime off base.
He served his time in the local jail and the only thing the military charged
him with was being AWOL.

Also if he is in the military, is he active duty or reserve/guard?
If he commited any of his crimes on a government computer the military
would be able to give a harsher punishment.
solosmf ( 6 )
Account Suspended - One Month

Post by solosmf »

I'm still waiting to get reimbursed from over two years ago. The police and the USPS have done nothing to help me. Does anybody got any other ideas that might help me. Or should I just figure he got away with it. That is pritty much how I feel.
unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

solosmf wrote:I'm still waiting to get reimbursed from over two years ago. The police and the USPS have done nothing to help me. Does anybody got any other ideas that might help me. Or should I just figure he got away with it. That is pritty much how I feel.
i hate the idea of giving up. of letting a criminal get away with it.

there's supposedly an investigation being done by that Greenfield detective, right? anyone communicate with that guy lately? what's the hang up?

i can't believe mail fraud is this easy to get away with.
fieldmarshall ( 0 )

Post by fieldmarshall »

unheilig wrote:
solosmf wrote:I'm still waiting to get reimbursed from over two years ago. The police and the USPS have done nothing to help me. Does anybody got any other ideas that might help me. Or should I just figure he got away with it. That is pritty much how I feel.

there's supposedly an investigation being done by that Greenfield detective, right? anyone communicate with that guy lately? what's the hang up?

I would like to say that I am also a WWHFB board memeber and most of you are full of SH*T. Besides Insid. I mean seriously for being so hardcore anti-ticknor you sure are chumy with him in person Unheling. Never once have I seen you confront him, ask him anything or even SAY anything what-so-ever. Nor has anyone else threw the WWHFB board. I mean Eric has asked him to finish his one trade that he was late on. THATS ABOUT IT. Everyone else just hides in there holes and doesnt say a damn thing. You want to know why because no one care untill it happens to them. I mean even Insid didnt start rasing hell for him until he to was ripped off. Now Im not saying I am some sort of super hero but I have atleast questioned him about the situation after I read about his deals on the net.
You have to understand tho, after you have played with a guy for a while, seen him by alot from his local shop you dont just automaticly believe the people on the net until the things start to build up.

As for his military situation, I know he was in. In December I believe he was discharged for medical reasons.

Unheling I would like to say once more to you specially that you are FULL OF SH*T. You might come off as a crusader here but you are no such thing in real life.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

All right, then throw down and show us what a bad@$$ you are.

Who are you? Real name.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

fieldmarshall wrote:
unheilig wrote:

I would like to say that I am also a WWHFB board memeber and most of you are full of SH*T. Besides Insid. I mean seriously for being so hardcore anti-ticknor you sure are chumy with him in person Unheling. Never once have I seen you confront him, ask him anything or even SAY anything what-so-ever. Nor has anyone else threw the WWHFB board. I mean Eric has asked him to finish his one trade that he was late on. THATS ABOUT IT. Everyone else just hides in there holes and doesnt say a damn thing. You want to know why because no one care untill it happens to them. I mean even Insid didnt start rasing hell for him until he to was ripped off. Now Im not saying I am some sort of super hero but I have atleast questioned him about the situation after I read about his deals on the net.
You have to understand tho, after you have played with a guy for a while, seen him by alot from his local shop you dont just automaticly believe the people on the net until the things start to build up.

As for his military situation, I know he was in. In December I believe he was discharged for medical reasons.

Unheling I would like to say once more to you specially that you are FULL OF SH*T. You might come off as a crusader here but you are no such thing in real life.
I hear ya, and for the most part I agree.

And for the record, when Ticknor ripped me off, I was still new here; my trade with him was one of my first and I really had never heard of him before then. I just got into the hobby back then.

Anyway, people don't really do much until it happens to them, you're right about that. But really, why should they?

I just do what I do because I don't like to see people taken advantage of, and more importantly, I don't like seeing people get away with it.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

fieldmarshall ( 0 )

Post by fieldmarshall »

I appricate what you did insid. if there was one of you on every board there would be perfect harmony. Funny thing is that Im sure he is not the only person with long lists of taking things on the net. I think its more that he is the biggest one in THIS type of enviorment. Im sure there are people like this for almost every game there is.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

WTF?

Post by MagickalMemories »

I mean Eric has asked him to finish his one trade that he was late on. THATS ABOUT IT.

Now, surely, you aren't talking about ME?
I have had no contact with Ticknor.

Furthermore, YOU are the one full of sh*t. You come on here, coming across as if you are defending him, when he is as guilty as home-made sin.
I mean seriously for being so hardcore anti-ticknor you sure are chumy with him in person
Who is? Name some more names.

Now Im not saying I am some sort of super hero but I have atleast questioned him about the situation after I read about his deals on the net.
This does not make sense. In one breath, you bash Sid for not standing up until after he was scammed, yet you didn't ask him about it until after you heard of it. If you expect OTHERS to have psychic abilities to detect fraud, then you should have them as well.

Yeah... so, when they DO build up, you tell the people who try to warn others about him that they're full of sh*t?
WTF kind of sense does that make? Are you an idiot?
Let me guess... It was a mental disorder, right? They discovered he is a Kleptomaniac. Since that is a disease, we should overlook it, then forgive & forget. Therefore, we are all "full of sh*t" for taking our anger out on someone who is "sick," right?

Dude... make sense and bring something constructive to the table or just shut the hell up.

Eric (who has never interacted with Jason)
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Magickal...

I think most of his post was directed at unheilig, unless I'm mistaken. Evidently a lot of these guys know each other irl, Ticknor included.

Don't be so quick to go on the offensive :P

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

wee

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, normally, I'm not quick to be defensive (and, the best defense...).

What made me decide to chime in (and I actually thought about it ahead of time, THIS TIME LOL) were the facts of what he said... He named an "Eric" without saying which "Eric," and I don't know of any other Eric's here who spell their name with a "c." Especially not any who are so visible on the Bad Trader or Messages & Misc. boards.

Secondly, he said MOST of us were f.o.s.
Most of us...
That's a crock of schlitz.

MOST of us here would, likely, put a boot up his @ss, as soon as talk to him.
We, definitely, wouldn't pretend nothing happened.

Then, he said no one (shudder... s/b noBODY) cares until it happens to them.

Really?
REALLY, fieldmarshall?
Wrong.
Sid, you and I are 2 living, breathing examples that prove him wrong. Not to mention the others that you & I could, easily, list. That eliminates the appropriateness of saying "nobody" (I can't say what he said again... I hate that underlined "word." I hate it).

Finally, he ends with this:
I underlined the operative text.
He felt the need to add in a message especially for unheilig. That leads me to believe, even more, that his post was more generalized than you think.

Of course, as you said about yourself, I could be mistaken.
Personally, I wouldn't bet any CASH on it, in this case... but, it could happen.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
fieldmarshall ( 0 )

Post by fieldmarshall »

I ment Unheling and the other guy from the WWHFB Boards that posted on here talking about Ticknor. Im not sure what his name was on here. MagicMemories or whatever your name is where the F' do you get your b-shyt information? When did I say that you talked to him? You think you are the only Eric on the net? I was talking about the Eric from WWHFB that insidius should know as well. SECONDLY WHEN THE F' DID I DEFEND TICKNOR????? Never once in any of my posts have I. It disgusts me what he has done. AND it is true no one does shyt until it happens to them. Neither you nor Insid did anything till it happened here on this site to you two. And lastly you know as well as I do no one would put a boot in his azz. I mean first off that would make no sense since you would be the one in legal trouble(alot quicker then him) as well he would probley attempt to sue your azz to pay off some of his bills.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

No sense arguing amongst ourselves.

Let's all just chill a bit.

orcdom ( 202 )
Millenium Trader

Post by orcdom »

2 or 3 posts later when a mod asks for your name and you still dont post it? but continue to make all of the "F'n" remarks? :roll:
Steve
Copy the trade, E-mail and put "Bartertown" in subject header.
i make custom terrain, my photobucket: http://photobucket.com/albums/b152/orcdom/

Return to “The Hall of Shame”