Ticknor, Jason from WI

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

UPDATE!

Apparently he has decided to sh!t where he eats after all!

http://www.wwhfb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

I am keeping an eye on this one, to see how he mans up to it and which excuses he uses.

I will update the main post.
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

*edit* those guys.

I warned em a long time ago and they all stuck up for him.

They got what they deserved and had this coming.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

insidius wrote:*censored* those guys.

I warned em a long time ago and they all stuck up for him.

They got what they deserved and had this coming.
now hold on just a minute there, chief.

no one there didn't believe you.

your warnings did NOT fall on deaf ears, we just don't want our website turning into a giant flamewar over trades, since trading is just a very tiny portion of what our site is about.

trust me, he has no fans in the wwhfb, but we do everything we can to be inclusive for everyone, unless they make is absolutely impossible... which now he finally has.

this was a case of... give someone enough rope, and they'll hang themselves.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I didn't say they didn't believe me. I said they took the information I gave them and decided to defend Ticknor instead.

The guy waited 6 months before deciding Ticknor had ripped him off? Hello!?

I brought this all to their attention a few months ago, meaning the guy had already been waiting a few months when they were notified of Ticknor's trade habits.

Not my problem.

You can lead an ass to water but you can't make him drink, I suppose.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

Site Admin

Allright, enough said about this.

Point is, Ticknor is bad, not the people of WWHFB.

They handled their business the way they wanted to handle it.

I have been working with Unheilig and Rythian the whole time and I can attest that they were as peeved at the information as we are. In fact one of them even offered to go knock on 'his' door so to speak if we could compile of list of users and the stuff that is still missing.

Let's just let it die. They have banned him, we have banned him and if he keeps it up they won't even allow him to show his face and play. The damage is done.

FYI the person he ripped off traded with 'Tick' prior to him leaving to join the military... this new event was a "make up trade" to allow him the chance to make good on it. As what was said, they gave him plenty of rope in which to hang himself and that's just what he did. Thanks to Rythian and Unheilig from WWHFB for their part in all of this. It is too bad that it came down to this though.

viewforum.php?f=44
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Let it die? You brought it up! :P

Consider it dead.

Site Admin

I meant the thing with WWHFB... oh nevermind. :lol:

We are all on the same side. :P

viewforum.php?f=44
unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

insidius wrote:I didn't say they didn't believe me. I said they took the information I gave them and decided to defend Ticknor instead.

The guy waited 6 months before deciding Ticknor had ripped him off? Hello!?

I brought this all to their attention a few months ago, meaning the guy had already been waiting a few months when they were notified of Ticknor's trade habits.

Not my problem.

You can lead an ass to water but you can't make him drink, I suppose.
okay, you need to calm down.

the guy who "waited" 6 months for one, is a very mellow and nice guy. secondly, he was a little busy having a new son born.

we weren't as concerned about defending Ticknor as much as we were concerned with you turning our site into a soapbox for your crusade.

see, we're not a trading site. we're a local site dedicated to scheduling games and events, and trying to discuss warhammer. as far as that goes, you were as bad, if not worse, than Ticknor.

mostly, its pretty pretentious and assuming of you to think you can decide policy for admins of other sites. personally, i would have banned him immediately... but the admins at wwhfb are cooler heads than i am.

so if you can't just be happy Ticknor's bad deals have finally caught up with him on his home turf... then maybe you need to take a break from this whole thing.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

*ahem*

I am calm.

And you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll leave it at that before I get banned from Bartertown.

unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

insidius wrote:*ahem*

I am calm.

And you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll leave it at that before I get banned from Bartertown.
"And you have no idea what you're talking about."

even this is too far, when you can't back that statement up.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

If you have something to say to me, take it to PMs. Otherwise, back off. This is not the place for this discussion.

unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

insidius wrote:If you have something to say to me, take it to PMs. Otherwise, back off. This is not the place for this discussion.
you STARTED this discussion!

if YOU have something to say, which it appears so, you PM me. as far as i am concerned, its a resolved issue.
Slappy ( 186 )
Expert Trader

Post by Slappy »

If the locals there had any brains they'd ban Ticknor from all events and try to get the cooperation from the store owners. He should not be allowed to enjoy the hobby. He has destroyed that enjoyment for God knows how many people. How can people sit there and play him knowing he STOLE his army from someone off the Internet? He stole it from an honest gamer just like the person he's playing. What is worse, is he wouldn't hesitate to steal the person's stuff he is playing against if he could get away with it. How can people sit there and play him knowing that?

I don't think the people who play with him know how many people he's scammed over the years. I don't think they comprehend what this guy has done. If they did, and if they had any balls, they would never allow him to show his face at any store or event.

Why should he be allowed to steal all this stuff and not be punished? What's his punishment exactly? Being banned from a forum? Oh no! How horrible.

This is not specifically aimed at the admins at WWHFB or unheilig, but to all the people in that area.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I'm not exactly sure why the AGP owner/manager won't ban him from the store.

But I agree with you on all counts, Slappy.

Seems people don't care unless it's happened to them.

Everyone keeps saying that I'm on a 'personal crusade,' well they can think what they'd like. Some people are just genuinely looking out for other people when they can.

You think I do this for me? It's so easy for me to quit caring right now, as much opposition as I tend to face when confronting people about him/others. For the longest time, I was the only person even tracking the guy, with hardly so much as a thank you.

Then I get these guys busting my balls for warning them; whatever. I'm done with WWHFB.

faol ( 12 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by faol »

Sid,

For what its worth I'm glad the trading community and hobby in general has someone like you is out there trying to keep people "in the know" about genetic waste like tiknor, and other such idiots thieving ways.

Unfortunatly as the saying goes," you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink."

So when tiknor and other genetic throw backs start scamming player in stores owners/managers will start listening tell them the samething they told you 8)
''Vivo cum gladius et morior a gladius.''
To live with a sword and to die from the sword.

"Vae Victus" Woe to the Vanquished.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"
-Abe Lincoln

Return to “The Hall of Shame”