Ivan The Raider = Steve Jones *Confirmed*

A Special Place for people who have been Banned from Bartertown for egregious violations of the rules.
Permission is required to post here.

Moderator: Moderators

darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

Ok, I have something to say about steve jones. i was ripped off by thim over a year ago, and I fought things.. Anyway, thats not why I am posting. I have some info about him.. Well sorta. I was on another website, warseer, and I lined up a trade with someone. We made the deal, and traded addresses, I saw he lives in the same town as Steve jones, so I mentioned some stuff to him. He says he owns this store, and steve comes in sometimes. he said how the Police searched Steve jones' house, and found no trace of warhammer, so nothing could be done. But the guy I am trading with said he has a friend that got ripped off too, so he knows about him.

So I just thought I would let people know, that there was progress, but it sucks, that they didn't find anything. Darn police must have not known what they were looking for!
I follow the idea LOWER references ships/pays first. It keeps things safer for anyone, as I would never desire to have to start over again. Nor would I want to loose the trust of any fellow gamers. That is how I ended up with my reference collection! I always follow through with my deal!
vesrian ( 108 )
Resident Trader

Post by vesrian »

I hope you didn't go through with that trade. I'm guessing the store is Rogue Books, his address is 399 Talbot St, and his name is Scott Andrews?

If so, you might be interested in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=20603
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

what made you say that?
I follow the idea LOWER references ships/pays first. It keeps things safer for anyone, as I would never desire to have to start over again. Nor would I want to loose the trust of any fellow gamers. That is how I ended up with my reference collection! I always follow through with my deal!
vesrian ( 108 )
Resident Trader

Post by vesrian »

which part?
I'm making a guess as to the details based on the address in the thread i linked to.
Am i wrong?
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

ok, thats the exact person I am dealing with. He supposedly will be shipping today. Well i guess I am going to tell him he is going to HAVE to ship first. Now, if things go good, I won't contest thim. Otherwise....
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Basically, Gester is Steve Jones. Scott Andrews is a strongly suspected alias of Steve Jones.

If I read all that right.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

Its either he could be steve jones, or steve jones just had some stuff sent to the store, in the owners name. But I don't care who he is, that is if everything goes through ok.
robh ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by robh »

If you email Scott Andrews you get a response from Steve Jones email account. If they are not one and the same person they are working together to scam traders.

I wish you luck if you do go ahead and trade.

I am still waiting for the $300 worth of stuff he claimed to have sent me back in early Feb and as far as I am aware at least 3 other people are in the same situation. I have started the process of formal complaints to local police and postal agencies, and reporting them to the local trading office.

Not going to get my stuff back or the figures he was supposed to send me, but best I can do from here.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

ertret

Post by MagickalMemories »

Hey, darkchampion... What email address is he using to email you with?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Skavenguy13 ( 0 )
New Trader

get the stuff back

Post by Skavenguy13 »

Hi everyone! I usually don't post here, I use WarSeer to trade and I don't trade a lot. However, it seems this guy struck there too, and I'm a victim out of many. We many a special thread against him there:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31317

Now, we're trying to do something to get the stuff back. Therefore, I'm asking everyone what they sent to him and what they expected to have in return. (please state prices, in case he has to pay cash for them)

Here's my personal list:
sent:
35 badly painted, assembled VC skeletons
17 slightly better painted grave guards, assembled
1 primed necromancer
IMO this was worth about 75$ CA, and it costs about 175$ to get it in new boxes.

He was supposed to send me:
1 5th edition elector count
10 unpainted spearmen, probably 5th edition
5th edition lizardmen, high elf and dark elf books

On the WarSeer thread, you can see he claims he is neither Scott Andrews nor Steve Jones, he tells us who those 2 are, and he's laughing at us. Meh.
trying to get everyone's stuff back from Steve Jones/Scott Andrews. E-mail me or reply in my thread(s) if you want to help/have been robbed.
Dihenydd ( 30 )
BTown Regular

Post by Dihenydd »

The never ending saga of Canada's biggest embarrassment continues...

http://www.dakkadakka.com/Default.aspx? ... view=topic

Note near the bottom he now claims he's neither of these people but rather someone else who is a deliberate thief, using other people's addresses to pickup his stolen goods. I'm faily sceptical of this info, sounds more likely to be more of Steve's trying play up his "dark rep" or some such childness. However it does show just how unscrupulous this lowlife actually is. I know we have many S.Ont traders here, but for me personally, S.Ontario is on a perm ban for trades regarding my figures. I can't be sure its just not another game he's playing. Like I won't trade in Ticknor's home state at all either.

Sad thing is, he keeps doing it. He keeps catching people.

My company is sending me to Ottawa to run some training programs for factory workers in June. I think I'm going to try to convince some of them to take a day trip to St. Thomas with me and see if we can hunt this guy down. If it happens I will let everyone know.
Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad...
darkchampion ( 496 )
Millenium Trader

Post by darkchampion »

Magick, sorry about the late reply, I tried to email him, but he never replied, so I don't know what email he was using, and originally when he did it to me a few years ago.. well its been too long, and my parents screwed with my email.
jagavahn ( 344 )
Expert Trader

ASSHATS

Post by jagavahn »

This guy again....................

I wonder if there is a message board that he and ticknor frequent to swap tips on ripping people off.
If I owe you a reference, please let me know. I accidentally deleted my PMs.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I know we have many S.Ont traders here, but for me personally, S.Ontario is on a perm ban for trades regarding my figures. I can't be sure its just not another game he's playing. Like I won't trade in Ticknor's home state at all either.
Well, that is a bothersome thing to see.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I know we have many S.Ont traders here, but for me personally, S.Ontario is on a perm ban for trades regarding my figures. I can't be sure its just not another game he's playing. Like I won't trade in Ticknor's home state at all either.

Well, that is a bothersome thing to see.
And unfortunately a sad truth. Not everyone has those same ideals though and hopefully the "perma-state-ban" people are a minority.
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44

Return to “The Hall of Shame”