Remember, folks. Read the rules. [Admin Edit]

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Remember, folks. Read the rules. [Admin Edit]

Post by EVIL INC »

I made a deal with this person a while back. As you can see (in the included copy of our transactions through pm) I accurately described the items I traded to him and that he sent me items that were described as being (new on sprue) but which were missing very valuable parts (mainly the heads). After receiving the items, he did not send me anything at all for some time with no communication. Finally after seeing that I was going to just go away, he sent them with excuses. I can understand stuff happening and he might very well have had issues. The fact he did not let me know anything until I kept bugging him led me to believe something was "up".
I was generous and gave him a neutral feedback even though his behavior in not sending what he had promised to me and sending sprues that had been ransacked for parts that had been described as "new". In return for my god trade with him accurately describing what I was giving him, sending to him first and then being generous with my feedback, he slandered me with a neutral feedback saying that I had sent him something other then what was described.
I was left with a bad taste in my mouth over the whole deal and am now saddled with a nuetral feedback on my record when I had earned positive if not glowing on my end of the transaction.
I have included our complete transaction as well as the replies I got from him on the feedback issue. I tried to look up his feedback that he has received and find that he does not appear to have the feedback I left for him while I am saddled with the false feedback he left me.

Our transaction

Re: Marauders

Sent: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm
by EVIL INC
Arrived today.
Missing the power weapon arms for the sarge and the heads for the 4 troopers though.

* Quote nightlord

Sent: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:04 am
by nightlord
USPS 0308 0730 0001 2827 7561

Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
by EVIL INC
Murphy Pratt III
[Admin edit]

* Quote nightlord

Sent: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:45 pm
by nightlord
Your mailing address?

* Quote nightlord

Sent: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:30 am
by nightlord
Hello,

Our local holiday "Mardi Gras " just ended yesterday. I should have it out this week.

Ron

Sent: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:36 pm
by EVIL INC
I am beginning to wonder. Any ideas on when you will be sending the assault marines out?

Sent: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:43 am
by EVIL INC
lol. No problem. its hard for me to get to go myself. I understand.
Just gimmie a holler when they go out. :-D

* Quote nightlord

Sent: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:50 am
by nightlord
I just had a few auctions end today on ebay.I will be making a trip to the post office with everything. Instead of making several trips.

Ron

Sent: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:44 am
by EVIL INC
Hello again. Just following up on the marauders you recieved. Have you been able to send out the assault marines?

Sent: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 pm
by EVIL INC
Sent them out today. Look for them to arrive next week.
My Address is

Murphy Pratt III
[Admin edit]

* Quote nightlord

Sent: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:28 pm
by nightlord
ok,

Ron

Sent: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:26 pm
by EVIL INC
Packaging them up now. They will go out this week (likely Thursday) and I will send you a not letting you know they are on thier way the day I send them.

* Quote nightlord

Sent: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 pm
by nightlord
Ok.

The marauders for the assault marines on sprue.

Here is my mailing address.

Ronnie Price
[Admin edit]

Peace :mrgreen:

Sent: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:29 am
by EVIL INC
Just the assault marines would work for me for the marauders. Fair?

Sent: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:11 pm
by EVIL INC
Ok, Found them.
Ok, these are the old metal ones with flails. The ones with the enclosed helmets. Remember, the flail heads are not with them but like I mentioned, that is easily fixed with BBs and junk necklace chain.
All are bare metal (unpainted) except the standard bearer who I had started to paint but never finished.
A total of 13 models.
12 are a variety of the "troopers" with flails
1 is a standard bearer
What I am looking for is attack bike on sprue and assault marines on sprue. Would I also be able to get a reguler bike or two?
Sound fair or counter offer?
You in the U.S.?

Sent: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:47 pm
by EVIL INC
Give me a bit to look for them, I KNOW they are here somewhere... Damn not unpacking boxes in my move.

* Quote nightlord

Sent: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:09 am
by nightlord
I live in the USA.
Exactly how many old marauders do you have and what do you want for them.

Ron
Marauders

Sent: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:52 pm
by EVIL INC
I have a bunch of the old metal marauders on foot with 2 handed flails. I dont have the chain/ball parts but that is easily fixed with oldnecklace chain and BBs.
Interested? Where do you live? Not worthwhile for either of us unless your in the US I'm sure.

Feedback issues

Re: A neutral trade reference has been posted about you from EVIL INC

Sent: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm
by EVIL INC
The parts missing from the models I sent were fully explained before the transaction was negotiated and I offered helpfull advice to replace them. You described the models you sent me as being fully there.

* Quote nightlord

Re: A neutral trade reference has been posted about you from EVIL INC

Sent: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:49 pm
by nightlord
You posted a comment saying parts were missing???!!!

Just like parts were missing from the models you sent me? You dont have enough bits in your

collection to make a power weapon??? Or a Marine head???

But i got to replace chain flail bits to make what i need, BUT you dont here me complaining.

:evil:
A neutral trade reference has been posted about you from EVIL INC

Sent: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:54 pm
by EVIL INC
The following comments were made on your neutral reference from EVIL INC:

Items recieved were missing parts that were described as being there. Other then that, not a bad trade. Would trade with again.
A neutral trade reference has been posted about you from nightlord

Sent: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:23 pm
To: EVIL INC
The following comments were made on your neutral reference from nightlord:

This person also sent me figures missing parts. But I didnt complain; Till now.
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Re: nightlord

Post by aurak_merc »

It looks like he placed a retaliatory reference. For someone who has/had a decent standing, he should really know better. I would imagine a Mod will take a look at the situation and deal with it as appropriate, whatever that may be.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

How is this a backout or a deadbeat trader? It took awhile, but you eventually got everything correct?

EDIT: Fix the order of the PMs. You've got March, then February, then January, then March again. Makes it kind of hard to read.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

Thought this was the place to post it. He did not send the items as he described them. The new on sprue stuff he sent had been ransacked for important parts (at least I assume heads are important to have lol). Also, as far as I am concerned, he tried not to send me what he was supposed to at all and only did so after I stayed on him (was going on two months before I got the anything at all).
The order of the posts looks funny because I did a copy/paste of the history of our communications in the bottom of the messages rather then copy/paste of each one separately.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

All this over some bits? Really??

Evil Inc- you should have contacted him & warned him of giving a neutral over a few bits. Where is his message stating that the Marines included ALL bits?? I missed that. If he said complete figs, that doesnt mean every single bit on the sprue. It could mean enough to make a complete figure.

How much was missing? What was so essential? Just curious.

Ive done many, many trades. Ive never complained if a few odds & ends were missing off sprues. Some just fall off too.

I think you are both being a bit unreasonable about this. I hope you can come to an agreement.
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

He advertised his part as new on the sprue and did not mention stuff being missing. New on the sprue is new whole and on the sprue. I copied and pasted the PMs where it was understood that the stuff he was sending was new on the sprue.
I ALWAYS pop extra bits in and describe what I am giving exactly down to the last detail. If i am going to be late sending stuff out, I contact the other person and keep them perfectly updated.
My isue here is not "a few bits", it is dishonesty. The bits missing were essential parts to the models. Would have been one thing if it was a melta bomb off or something like that but it was the HEADS and the most important item needed to make a sergeant. If he had let me know beforehand, I would have had no issues and just asked him to pop a few other extra bits in to make up for it. It is also the issue that he had no intentions of sending me anything at all and only did so after I stayed on him for over a month and he saw I was not going to just give up. I feel that I was VERY generous and giving him the benefit of the doubt in giving him neutral feedback.
My issue in this is the dishonesty (a lie is a lie whether it is a "few bits" or something bigger) and retaliatory false feedback after I was so good to him. If I was unreasonable to expect to be told the truth, to have the stuff sent to me without me to have to constantly bug him for almost 2 months and to have some sort of communications, maybe I am. I expect from others the same dignity and respect I give them. I would have let it go altogether if I could have the false feedback removed from my feedback as it does not show in the least the way I dealt with him. I would have even not given him neutral feedback (and simply not given any at all) if he had so much as apologized.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Please repost, in this thread, the PM string in the correct order.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

starslayer wrote:All this over some bits? Really??
Not so much bits as honor. If you say you're sending something, send it.
starslayer wrote:Evil Inc- you should have contacted him & warned him of giving a neutral over a few bits. Where is his message stating that the Marines included ALL bits?? I missed that. If he said complete figs, that doesnt mean every single bit on the sprue. It could mean enough to make a complete figure.
New on Sprue is just that. If they are incomplete, it is the senders job to state that bits are missing. It's even in the rules.
starslayer wrote:Ive done many, many trades. Ive never complained if a few odds & ends were missing off sprues. Some just fall off too.
You're better than me, then. If I'm expecting something and I don't get it, my trade partner does hear about it.
I don't get all b!tchy or anything, but I do let them know it was missing. Then, I'll let them know if it's something we need to resolve or can just not worry about. Usually, it's the latter.

@Evil Inc.
I have access to the ITL in ways that nobody does outside of some staff members.
You did not ever leave a reference for him. No reference is there now and, had one been deleted, our records would still show it.

Also, when did your trade actually end?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Curioser and curioser.

When I go to "Check references" and type in "nightlord" (sans quotes), I get exactly ZERO.

One staff member was so kind as to provide THIS:

ref_view.php?user_id=75

This, of course, shows him to have a 93.
The neutral on 3/9 does, indeed, show up. (We'll get back to that.)

So, though I don't know why it came up with nothing on the "Check references" tab, clearly, it's all there.

Now that we've got THAT under control, I'd like to point a little something out.

The trade ended in early March.
The references were left on 3/9 and 3/10.

Bartertown rules (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470) say:
Rule #11a: Statute of Limitations
You now have thirty (30) calendar days after a feedback has been posted on the ITL to appeal it. Please note this does NOT apply to properly submitted Bad Trader Reports.
This thread should have been opened 7 or 8 months ago.
As it is FAR past it's lifespan, I'm locking the thread, changing the title, and removing the personal detilas (address, etc) from the first post.

Had this issue been brought up on time, it would have belonged in the Bad Trader forum, anyway, as this one os for backouts only.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”