Backout - Cypher76 :( :( :(

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

PauloF ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Backout - Cypher76 :( :( :(

Post by PauloF » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Hey Gents,

I REALLY hate to post here specially when i was so excited about the deal but enough is enough and i need to know if someone else is going through the same. I'm very vocal and communicative (though MM thinks my english sux :) ) and the only thing i ask people is to be straight forward and honest with me.

not happy with the offer or trace? say it. Gave up the trade or found something better? say it. changed your mind? Say it. It wont hurt and you might even hear a couple harsh things but you will be considered honorable at least! I KNOW *edit* happens, life sux, ying yang, people get sick, forget things, have college tests and i have no problem with it - I live in freaking Brazil and I have the worst post office service in the world, so i know how it feels but just KEEP Me POSTED :(.

Simply disappear is the part i really hate.

Long Story Short:

I had an ongoing and agreed trade with Alex, AKA Cypher76, that was suppose to be shipped on the 2nd. His last message to me was on the 1st and the agreed was the package being in the post office on the next day. He has being at the site a couple times after that - the last one on the 6th. I sent 3 messages since then and they are sitting on my outbox.

I do hope this is all a missunderstanding and it all get's clarified soon for the deal was really SWEET!!

here are the PM's:
Re: H:SM, CSM, HE, Skaven W:Cryx, Legion WoW $$$

Sent: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 am
by PauloF
Hey man

what's up?

i have a a huge lot of Cryx, mostly NIB but some assembled and primed, including ALL the books and other stuff you need to pay. I also have some really pro painted Cryx units and a few Everblight nib models i want to get going.

here is a list of what i would be looking for plus some comments and questions in bold!!:

13th Company - is this the one you listed below?
10 Wulfen (Assembled, unpainted) - What's that? Space Wolves?
40 13th Company Marines (Assembeled, unpainted) or is this the one listed below?

Fallen Angels - VERY interested at the army but i would like to see pictures of them!!

Cypher (Nicely painted)
Chaos lord w/ Scythe and angel wings. Converted from Azrael.
Chaos Sorceror Converted from St. Celestine.
16 Chaos Havocs (4w/ lascannons, 4 w/ Missile Launchers, 4/ Autocannons, 4 w/ Heavy Bolters)
35 Marines With Old Dark Angel Veteran bodies and Chaos bits.
Chaos Predator with Forge World Dark Angel stuff
2 Chaos Rhinos with Forge World Dark Angel Doors

Space Marines - Interested at some items - would like to see pictures of them and a list of what is painted and what is not!!
Pedro Kantor (NIB)
Shrike (Nicely painted)
2 Chaplains w/ Jump Packs
2 Librarians w/ Jump Packs
Chaplain on Foot
Librarian on Foot
Calidus Assassin
Everson Assassin
Vindicare Assassin
Dreadnaught w/ assault cannon, CCW
5 Terminators converted from Grey Knight Terminators. 2w/ Cyclone Missile Launchers
3 Land Speeders with Assault Cannons and Heavy Bolters (No Flying Bases)
20 Scouts 11 w/ Sniper Rifles, Sarge w/ Power Fist, 2 w/ Missile Launcers, 1 w/ Heavy Bolter, rest CCW's
105 Marines 5 w/ Melta-gun, 5 w/ Flamers, 10 w/ Missile Launchers, 4 w/ Lascannons, 1 w/ Heavy Bolter,
3 Sergeants w/ Power fists, 1 w/ Plasma Gun, 1 w/ Plasma Pistol
2 Rhinos

A Ton of extra bits I need to go through later including a few Rhinos, a Vindicator, at least another Squad and some
Blood Angel characters - Interested at the Vindicator, would yu have a a razorback?

Skaven: - VERY interested at the Skaven lot - are they painted, assembled or nib?
Coming soon! I need to drag them out of storage.

cheers

Paulo

Sent: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:20 pm
by Cypher76
These are some pics of the Fallen Angels and 13th Company. 13th Company is an Eye of the Storm army based on a Company of Space Wolves getting lost in the Warp and coming back Feral but still loyal. I'll take pictures of the other Space Marines tonight and I'll try to dig out those Skaven for you. I know I have a Battleforce of Skaven that's NIB the rest is built with no paint. Anyways let me know what Cryx and Everblight stuff you've got and if you're interested in anything still and we canmaybe start hammering out a deal while I up load the last few pics I need to take.

Sent: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 pm
by PauloF
hey Man,

I like what I see so far.

So here is the final list of what i'm interested:

The Fallen Angels lot
The 13th company
The Skaven lot

and also:

Pedro Kantor (NIB)
Shrike (Nicely painted)
Calidus Assassin
Everson Assassin
5 Terminators converted from Grey Knight Terminators. 2w/ Cyclone Missile Launchers
1 Rhinos
1 Vindicare

I'm back home already and I keep all my minis at the office so tomorrow morning as soon as i get there i will send you the full list.

are you interested at the painted Cryx as well? I can send you pics of them they are AWESOME!

thanks

Paulo Fernandes

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:29 am
by Cypher76
Awesome man. If you can send me that list it would be fantastic. I'm interested in the painted models as well, so if you could send me some pics of them that would be great. Don't forget the Everblight! I look forward to finalizing a deal.

Sent: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm
by Cypher76
Hey I dug out my Skaven stuff and I have:

I have a NOS Skaven Battleforce and I also have this list of assembled and unpainted Skaven.

Skaven Lord
Battle Standard Bearer
2x Assassins
Warlock Engineer
12 Storm Vermin
2 Ratling Teams
3 Jezzails
35 Clanrats
60 Nightrunners/GutterRunners

Lemme know what you've got as far as cryx and Legion. If you're having problems getting pix of the painted stuff, don't worry about it I'll take them without seeing pics depending on what they are.

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:59 pm
by PauloF
ok Cypher got your future babies list here:

I couldnt find some of the Everblight models but if i do i will let you know.

A-Assembled
P-Primed
NIB
PA-Painted

Everblight

Dicebox
Tokens - regular and Evolution
Lilith - A
Teraph - NIB
Teraph - NIB
1Raptor - Blister

CRYX

NIB

Soulhunter Box
Soulhunter Blister
Soulhunter Blister
Drudge Mind Slaves Blister
Black Bane Pirates Blister
Nightwretch X2
Bloat Thrall Box
Bloat Thrall in Blister
Brute Thrall

Assembled

Bane Lord Tartarus
Skarre
Epic Skarre
Leviatan
Reaper
Harrower
Seether
Goreshade
Denegra
Cankerworm
Darrag Mounted

Painted

FULL unit of Bane Knights
Unit of Blackbane Pirates
Unit Mechanithralls
Necrosurgeon and Thralls
Unit of Bile Thralls
FULL Revenant Pirate Crew
Ravengrave
Withershadow Coven
Necrotech and Scrap Thrall
Darragh on Foot

Other

Apotheosys Book
Superiority book
Pirates Book
MK2 Cards Deck

there you have pretty much all you need to start playing and the books have the AWESOME fluff from PP. I strongly recommend!

here are the pics. the pictures are not as good as I thought they would be and does not make justice to the models at all. I paid USD 5 per model to get them looking good and i would like whoever is getting them to rest free they worth whatever we agree they do!

just let me know your thoughts and let's go from there

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:33 am
by Cypher76
Gosh man it all seems so cool. The only thing I'm kind of hesitant to hold on to are the Skaven. Will you let me know what you're willing to offer for my stuff you're interested in.

In order of Priority I guess it's like this for me:
*- Indicates Priority
Everblight

Dicebox
Tokens - regular and Evolution
Lilith - A
Teraph - NIB
Teraph - NIB
1Raptor - Blister

CRYX

NIB

Soulhunter Box *
Soulhunter Blister*
Soulhunter Blister*
Drudge Mind Slaves Blister
Black Bane Pirates Blister
Nightwretch X2*
Bloat Thrall Box*
Bloat Thrall in Blister*
Brute Thrall*

Assembled

Bane Lord Tartarus*
Skarre*
Epic Skarre*
Leviatan
Reaper*
Harrower
Seether
Goreshade
Denegra
Cankerworm
Darrag Mounted*

Painted

FULL unit of Bane Knights*
Unit of Blackbane Pirates
Unit Mechanithralls*
Necrosurgeon and Thralls
Unit of Bile Thralls*
FULL Revenant Pirate Crew
Ravengrave
Withershadow Coven*
Necrotech and Scrap Thrall
Darragh on Foot*

Other

Apotheosys Book*
Superiority book*
Pirates Book*
MK2 Cards Deck*

Don't get me wrong I'd like all of it if I can get it, but I'm not sure I'm willing to get rid of the Skaven quite yet.

Sent: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:55 pm
by PauloF
hey man (still dont know your name)

from the skaven lot what i would be interested mostly is:

Skaven Lord
Battle Standard Bearer
2x Assassins
Warlock Engineer
3 Jezzails
40 Nightrunners/GutterRunners

let me know if you are ok with that!

if you are interested in everything i'm pretty sure we can come to some sort of agreement.

go ahead and put a price on your stuff and I will do the same on my things and send it to you tonight. we can get it close during the weekend so they can jump on the post office on monday!

ok?

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:00 pm
by PauloF
Hey Man,

I got the prices for my items - basically i'm using retail for the trade and adding USD 3,50 per model painted (i paid USD 5 for the painting + USD 1 for getting it assembled, filled and based).

the value in front of the model is either retail or what i want for it.

Dicebox - 15
Tokens - regular and Evolution - 27
Lilith - A - 10
Teraph - NIB - 18
Teraph - NIB - 18
1Raptor - Blister - 16

CRYX

NIB

Soulhunter Box * - 45
Soulhunter Blister* - 15
Soulhunter Blister* - 15
Drudge Mind Slaves Blister - 10
Black Bane Pirates Blister - 12
Nightwretch X2* - 16
Bloat Thrall Box* - 17
Bloat Thrall in Blister* - 17
Brute Thrall* - 15

Assembled

Bane Lord Tartarus* - 45
Skarre* - 10
Epic Skarre* - 15
Leviatan - 30
Reaper* - 25
Harrower - 30
Seether - 28
Goreshade - 13
Denegra - 10
Cankerworm - 30
Darrag Mounted* - 27

Painted

FULL unit of Bane Knights* 10 models 64 + 35 = 99
Unit of Blackbane Pirates - 6 models 35 + 21 = 56
Unit Mechanithralls* 6 models 25 + 21 = 46
Necrosurgeon and Thralls - 13 + 14 = 27
Unit of Bile Thralls* - 25 + 21 = 47
FULL Revenant Pirate Crew - 10 models 46 + 35 = 81
Ravengrave - 10 + 3,50 = 13,50
Withershadow Coven* 25 + 10,50 = 35,50
Necrotech and Scrap Thrall - 12 + 7 = 19
Darragh on Foot* - 10 + 3,50 = 13,50

Other

Apotheosys Book* 35
Superiority book*35
Pirates Book* 22
MK2 Cards Deck* 17

Total of what you marked so far = USD 612

waiting for your turn now!

thanks

Paulo

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:42 am
by Cypher76
Ummm should I do the same? Put the retail down for the items and then trade from there?

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 am
by PauloF
that's how we usually do when trading. if you think some of your models worth more than retail( for being well painted or professionally assembled or based for example) or worth less than retail (poor painted plastic, missing parts, poor primed, poor assembled) you can name them and make it happen! Remember this is bartertown and the purpose here is to get a good deal for both of us!

let me know once you have your listing ready!

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm
by Cypher76
My list turned pretty huge. Someone made a fantstic offer for the Fallen Angels for a Circle army so that's the direction I'm wanting to go. Plus the Everblight is for my brother so I'd like to have a Horde army to play with him. If you have any Circle stuff I will gladly trade it to you. Without further ado here is my list. If you have hordes books I will take them as well.

Skaven:
Skaven Army Book (25)
Skaven Battalion (90)
Skaven Warlord (15)
2x Assassins (24)
Skaven Army box special Battle Standard Bearer (15)
Skaven Warlock Engineer (13.25)
13 Stormvermin (62)
2x Ratling Gunners (30)
60 Nightrunners (105)
35 Clanrats (50)
Warp Lightning Cannon (35)

464.25 retail

Space Marines:
Pedro Kantor (15)
Shrike (17)
5 Terminators (50)
Rhino (35)
1 of Each assassin except Celexus (45)

162 retail

13th Company:
40 13th Company Marines (140)
10 Wulfen (60)

200 retail

826.25 total. Of course I'll probably knock this down since it's all assembled and some have paint on it.

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 pm
by PauloF
thanks man (still dont know your name)

you forgot this lot here:

Fallen Angels - VERY interested at the army but i would like to see pictures of them!!

Cypher (Nicely painted)
Chaos lord w/ Scythe and angel wings. Converted from Azrael.
Chaos Sorceror Converted from St. Celestine.
16 Chaos Havocs (4w/ lascannons, 4 w/ Missile Launchers, 4/ Autocannons, 4 w/ Heavy Bolters)
35 Marines With Old Dark Angel Veteran bodies and Chaos bits.
Chaos Predator with Forge World Dark Angel stuff
2 Chaos Rhinos with Forge World Dark Angel Doors

as soon as you get those priced as well we can go for the second round? Also do you want to add anything else from my stuff to the pot?

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:34 pm
by Cypher76
Did you have any Circle stuff? This has an offer unless you can make a better one. But the rest is still really good to go.

Fallen Angels
Codex Chaos Space Marines (25)
Cypher (Nicely painted) (17)
Chaos lord w/ Scythe and angel wings. Converted from Azrael. (20)
Chaos Sorceror Converted from St. Celestine. (20)
16 Chaos Havocs (4w/ lascannons, 4 w/ Missile Launchers, 4/ Autocannons, 4 w/ Heavy Bolters) (150)
35 Marines With Old Dark Angel Veteran bodies and Chaos bits. (180)
Chaos Predator with Forge World Dark Angel stuff (35)
2 Chaos Rhinos with Forge World Dark Angel Doors (70)

517 retail but their painted and based kind of mediocrely. But the Vehicles have Forgeworld doors valued at $20.

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:09 pm
by Cypher76
I am also interested in Skorne. If you have any.

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:15 am
by PauloF
hey Man,

let me be honest with you here - you had an ongoing trade with me and I had previously told you I were interested at the lot of fallen so simply take them out of the trade and claim they have a better offer is not very cool to do and could be interpreted as a backout. The best way to handle something like this, in my opinion and according to the guidelines of BT would be to finish the deal with me or send me a message explaining you would like to take the lot out of the trade. I dont think you had any bad intentions on doing it but try to get the best for your stuff, but i recommend you handle those situations carefully in the future, one BTR takes out almost 20 points from your ref and most people does not deal with people with backout's and BTRs.

I understand you have a good offer for the fallen so let's take them out, no problem!.

how much are you going to knock down on your lot? once we know how much extra "credit"you have just pick whatver you want from my list to fill the gap and it's a done deal!!

Let me know when you have a final answer and we can exchange addresses and other get the trade going!

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:04 am
by Cypher76
To be totally honest I didn't mean to be rude in any way and I didn't think it would be considered a back out while there is still a lot on the table. Back-outs to me mean we agree on a trade and exchange addresses and then leave you hanging on my part of shipping, but you haven't shipped yet so it isn't a BTR. Nothing is finalized as of yet with the Fallen offer so if you want that more than something else let me know and I'll keep you posted. Anyways I worked out a trade That incorporates all of your wants (minus the Fallen) and almost all of my Priorities. A major part of my finickiness is I'm not sure what I want to play. My brother's been wanting to play Legion for a loooong time now. I had already played Cryx before and as such am hesitant to hop back in the saddle of something I'm already too familiar with. Then again I see opportunities to try new stuff with new models that weren't around when I played last. So without further adieu here is the list.
I knocked 102.25 off of the total, which is a tad brutal to me so if you want to throw something else into the mix I'd gladly appreciate it. Let me know how it looks.

Your:
Soulhunter Box * - 45
Soulhunter Blister* - 15
Soulhunter Blister* - 15
Nightwretch X2* - 16
FULL unit of Bane Knights* 10 models 64 + 35 = 99
Unit of Bile Thralls* - 25 + 21 = 47
Bloat Thrall Box* - 17
1Raptor - Blister - 16
Unit Mechanithralls* 6 models 25 + 21 = 46
Bane Lord Tartarus* - 15
Skarre* - 10
Epic Skarre* - 15
Leviatan* - 30
Denegra - 10
Brute Thrall* - 15
Darrag Mounted* - 27
Darragh on Foot* - 10 + 3,50 = 13,50
Goreshade - 13
FULL Revenant Pirate Crew - 10 models 46 + 35 = 81
Ravengrave - 10 + 3,50 = 13,50
Unit of Blackbane Pirates - 6 models 35 + 21 = 56

Apotheosys Book* 35
Superiority book*35
Pirates Book* 22
MK2 Cards Deck* 17

My:
Skaven:
Skaven Army Book (25)
Skaven Battalion (90)
Skaven Warlord (15)
2x Assassins (24)
Skaven Army box special Battle Standard Bearer (15)
Skaven Warlock Engineer (13.25)
13 Stormvermin (62)
2x Ratling Gunners (30)
60 Nightrunners (105)
35 Clanrats (50)
Warp Lightning Cannon (35)

464.25 retail

Space Marines:
Pedro Kantor (15)
Shrike (17)
5 Terminators (50)
Rhino (35)
1 of Each assassin except Celexus (45)

162 retail

13th Company:
40 13th Company Marines (140)
10 Wulfen (60)

200 retail

826.25 total. Of course I'll probably knock this down since it's all assembled and some have paint on it.

Sent: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 am
by PauloF
Hey Alex (yeah i finally found your name :))

i know you didn't mean to be rude or anything its just not cool, but i'm very easy to deal with....so no worries. I'm actually much happier you decided to get your skaven going!

so it's a done deal - worry not i will be very generous when packing your things.

2 important things:

1 - i'm not the biggest fan of the low ref ships first for you would have to wait forever for your box to get to me so what i usually do, and so far it has worked out to me with no unfortunate surprises, is as soon as you ship your box and send me the tracking number i will go ahead and ship mine - hope you like that!

2 - ********

here is the address

PAULO FERNANDES
R. AUGUSTO TOLLE Nº 787 - OFFICE 15
SÃO PAULO - BRAZIL
ZIP: 02405-001

oohh, in time, Cryx in my modest opinion is one of the most fun armies of pp for it has space for all kind of strategies, magic, combat, shooting - you can fit all that if you want. You also picked a very interesting range of models and the painted ones will certainly help you to field a great looking army easily - :)

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 pm
by Cypher76
Fantastic man! Yeah I was never a fan of shipping first so I definitely appreciate you shipping once I ship and get you a tracking number (Which will be Friday). ********** I look forward to getting the stuff man.

Alex Milam
109 Edgewater Lane
Richlands, NC 28574
USA

Sent: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:03 am
by Cypher76
Hey Paulo,
My trade for the Fallen fell through... Do you have any more Everblight than you listed? If so I think we could work out a way to toss in the Fallen as well along with the rest of those tasty Cryx.
Orrrrr we can leave the trade alone. Just Lemme know. I also need the Horde rulebooks past Primal.

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:53 am
by PauloF
hey Alex,

unfortunately that's all i have on legion but the rest of my cryx are still for grabs and I'm not planning to get them on an ad before next week.

i will check if i still have my metamorphosys book but let me know in case you want to add the fallen there!

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:04 am
by Cypher76
Hey Paulo,
I'll toss in the Fallen if you'd toss in the rest of the Cryx and Legion stuff + the Metamorphasis book. It puts me a bit more behind, but I really want the rest of the stuff. I'll also send the Chaos Space Marine Codex for you as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Sent: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:27 am
by PauloF
DONE,

I'll start the packing process!!

let me know once you have the number on your hand.

thanks

Paulo

* Quote Cypher76

Sent: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:00 pm
by PauloF
hey Alex,

got your box packed and the painted guys received special treatment. How are we doing on your end?

thanks

Paulo

Sent: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:54 am
by PauloF
hey Alex,

How are we doing with the shippment? Please say something for i have other possible deals for those minis i have locked with you!

thanks

Paulo

Sent: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 am
by PauloF
hey Alex,

havent heard from you at the last 4 days - what's going on? you backing out?

Paulo
I live in São Paulo - Brazil. Happy to cover differences on shipping cost if the deal is good :)

When trading I follow traditional (but not enforced or endorsed) Btown rules: lower rating ships first, Paypal and USPS shipment (Priority)

References I'm owned: stnyhan

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Re: Backout - Cypher76 :( :( :(

Post by Ironhide » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Sent: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:47 am
by PauloF
Hey Alex (yeah i finally found your name :))

i know you didn't mean to be rude or anything its just not cool, but i'm very easy to deal with....so no worries. I'm actually much happier you decided to get your skaven going!

so it's a done deal - worry not i will be very generous when packing your things.

2 important things:

1 - i'm not the biggest fan of the low ref ships first for you would have to wait forever for your box to get to me so what i usually do, and so far it has worked out to me with no unfortunate surprises, is as soon as you ship your box and send me the tracking number i will go ahead and ship mine - hope you like that!

2 - ********
What was the second important thing?
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

PauloF ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Backout - Cypher76 :( :( :(

Post by PauloF » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi Iron,

I removed that and a couple other things that has nothing to do with the Trade itself!

if it's imperative you know about it please shoot me a PM!

thanks

Paulo
I live in São Paulo - Brazil. Happy to cover differences on shipping cost if the deal is good :)

When trading I follow traditional (but not enforced or endorsed) Btown rules: lower rating ships first, Paypal and USPS shipment (Priority)

References I'm owned: stnyhan

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”