Backout - Maelx

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

fitterpete ( 198 )
Journeyman Trader
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:30 am
Location: Maryland,USA

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by fitterpete » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:30 pm

Not to nitpick maelx but why don't you go ahead and edit your profile so it's easier seen.Nobody ever reads my sig line either :-?
Never send me anything UPS or that I have to sign for I can't afford to take off work to receive it.Always send with Delivery Conformation,I will do the same.
If you are not in the United States tell me NOW,please.
Make a offer? It's your stuff you should know what you want for it.Seriously you want me to price your stuff for you?

edited my sig per Btown rules.Is this better Miss?

See D!ck
See D!ck run
See D!ck trade on Bartertown
See D!ck not leave a reference
Don't be a D!ck

User avatar
Imaginos ( 406 )
Expert Trader
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:34 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by Imaginos » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Maelx wrote:
JohnHwangBT wrote:As a Canuck, Maelx should know very well that international post costs more than domestic, and not providing his address up front isn't right.
I shouldn't assume everyone on the internet is Amercian, and I'm not sure if you noticed, but it states very clearly in my signature that I'm from Toronto, Ontario.
I agree that you shouldn't have to assume country of origin (note Ironhide's post above). However, the signature is not a reliable resource because you can change it when you want.

User avatar
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by Maelx » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Creeper wrote:I agree that you shouldn't have to assume country of origin (note Ironhide's post above). However, the signature is not a reliable resource because you can change it when you want.
Well yeah, but that was more of a "just saying..." thing and nothing else. ;)

Also, I know that md02geist have been saying I can't have a confirmed address in Canada. This is not true. Allow me to quote myself from the first page.
Maelx wrote: Just to let you know, there are three methods of confirming a paypal address:

1. Add a credit card to their PayPal account. PayPal will confirm the credit card billing address (the address where you receive your credit card statement).

My other permanent address is the one that is confirmed, and the one I use with my credit card. I move pretty frequently so this isn't really an option.

2. Apply for PayPal Buyer Credit. If they're approved, the address on your application will be a confirmed address.

After clicking this link it says "available in the US only"

3. Alternate address confirmation. This process takes several days and is only available for U.S. accounts. To learn more, log in to your PayPal account and visit Alternate Address Confirmation.

Also, not available to Canada.
Everyone understand that?
Traded Minis with me? You just might see them on GK Workbench

md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: Richmond VA USA

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by md02geist » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm sorry but I've stated my case multiple times, and it has remained consistent, and so has Maelx. At this point I'm not inclined to go back and forth with any of you, nor am I inclined to begin a bickering war with Maelx who it seems has decided to hijack the thread.

I'm pretty sure at this point everyone has given their voice to the subject and it's only up to the admins to decide where to proceed from here.

This isn't a Canada vs. United States thing. I didn't cancel the transaction due to his area of origin or where he lives. I cancelled due to his lack of complying with providing me a confirmed paypal address, which I requested MULTIPLE times and it was clearly stated. If anyone feels otherwise, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but unfortunately you're not going to change mine on what I know as fact.
Please, no social ineptitude. Gamer does not need to equal social inability to function.
Positive ref left for positive ref.

User avatar
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by Maelx » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 pm

md02geist wrote:nor am I inclined to begin a bickering war with Maelx who it seems has decided to hijack the thread....you are certainly entitled to your opinion but unfortunately you're not going to change mine on what I know as fact.
[/quote]

Well, I'd appreciate if you addressed the issues that I brought up but if you're content on letting them lie well, that's your decision. I didn't know defending myself counted as "highjacking".

Anyway dude, good luck in the future. Too bad things turned out this way.
Traded Minis with me? You just might see them on GK Workbench

md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: Richmond VA USA

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by md02geist » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 pm

"Re: Lictors for Paypal
Sent: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:44 pm
by md02geist

Yes, your address is unconfirmed by paypal. You need to confirm your address because if you don't, I am not protected by paypal's seller protection policy. Shipping to an unconfirmed address is the easiest, most common way to get ripped off on paypal when you are the seller.

You also didn't mention that you were outside of the US -- I can only bite the shipping on lictors if you were domestic, they are so heavy that it will be 5 or 6 bucks just in the US alone. I don't even know what they would be to Ontario, but certainly more.
"


Not ONCE did I state that I could not ship to Canada. I only stated that as a footnote, I could not afford the whole shipping to Canada. "I can only bite the shipping" in the United States means "I can only afford the shipping on." If I cover shipping on two HEAVY metal models, as well as the paypal fees, as well as the insurance, as well as the confirmation, I would be giving you models for free. You understand this, right?

Notice the underlined part? I told you that yes, your paypal was unconfirmed, and that yes, you would need to confirm it. I'm not sure how I could've been any clearer -- please note:

Original ad:
"Paypal please, with a confirmed address (for both of our protections)."


First PM to you:
" If so, they'd be 27.50 shipped (I knocked 7-8% off for buying both, and shipping is on me) with a confirmed paypal address"

Followup PM to you:
I just checked and you have an unconfirmed paypal address, and the item is not eligible for shipping protection. Unfortunately until you remedy this problem, I cannot allow you to purchase these -- particularly since you are in another country. Very sorry.



Anothe PM to you:
"Yes, your address is unconfirmed by paypal. You need to confirm your address because if you don't, I am not protected by paypal's seller protection policy. Shipping to an unconfirmed address is the easiest, most common way to get ripped off on paypal when you are the seller.
" *THIS ONE IS AN IMMEDIATE FOLLOWUP PM TO YOUR ARGUMENT THAT YOU SHOULDN'T NEED A CONFIRMED ADDRESS*



I'm sorry, but how many times do I have to ask you for a confirmed paypal address before you realize that I'm not going to ship to you without one? Fact of the matter is I asked for a confirmed paypal address, four times, and you didn't provide one. I also in passing mentioned to you that I could not really afford to cover the whole shipping to you in Canada, but I made it very clear that the reason I was denying your purchase was because you lacked a confirmed paypal address or at the very least if you had one, you didn't provide it.

How am I not being clear enough here? It has nothing to do with you being in Canada, that was a passing note to the fact that it would be particularly expensive for me to ship to you where you were located.
Please, no social ineptitude. Gamer does not need to equal social inability to function.
Positive ref left for positive ref.

md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: Richmond VA USA

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by md02geist » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:02 am

And just so you know, the shipping to Ontario would've been 20.75.

And I'm not even counting the cost of packing materials, gas to get to the post office, and time spent there in line. I'm pointing out to you that what you were asking me to do and what you are so upset about was unreasonable. Yet I was still going to work something with you, if you had provided a confirmed paypal address. But you didn't want to, after even 4 requests to you to provide one, so I decided not to sell to you. You were being unreasonable on all fronts and you are angry about something incredibly petty, and your actions with the immediate negative rep and post in the deadbeat forum despite the reasonably polite PM you left me reek of shady behavior.
Please, no social ineptitude. Gamer does not need to equal social inability to function.
Positive ref left for positive ref.

User avatar
govannon ( 116 )
Resident Trader
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:05 am
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by govannon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:00 am

md02geist wrote:And just so you know, the shipping to Ontario would've been 20.75.

And I'm not even counting the cost of packing materials, gas to get to the post office, and time spent there in line. I'm pointing out to you that what you were asking me to do and what you are so upset about was unreasonable. Yet I was still going to work something with you, if you had provided a confirmed paypal address. But you didn't want to, after even 4 requests to you to provide one, so I decided not to sell to you. You were being unreasonable on all fronts and you are angry about something incredibly petty, and your actions with the immediate negative rep and post in the deadbeat forum despite the reasonably polite PM you left me reek of shady behavior.
Your ad said free shipping.

George
If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my underwear!

Buy, sell or trade....it's all the same to me. Lower refs pays/ships first!

Tyrants can not be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent.

User avatar
cjsimchick ( 38 )
Apprentice Trader
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by cjsimchick » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 am

Your ad said free shipping.
To a confirmed address.

Would you really ship something to someone to "their permanent address in another city"? That's just asking for trouble.

Since everyone is tossing in their 2 cents (Canadian) I'll toss in mine.

This should have been a "sorry - we can't come to an agreement on terms - thanks have a nice day." One party then took that, posted a back out and left a negative. That's just plain wrong. There should really have been nothing further to say. If any money changed hands, it gets returned, everyone moves on?

Why can't we all just get along?

Cole

User avatar
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by Maelx » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:07 am

cjsimchick wrote:Would you really ship something to someone to "their permanent address in another city"? That's just asking for trouble.
Quoting myself again.
Maelx wrote: Unconfirmed? I must have unconfirmed during my move, unfortunately. Why do I need to confirm my address before you ship the models? I have another, confirmed address you could also ship to, but it's my permanent address in another city.
Traded Minis with me? You just might see them on GK Workbench

User avatar
Maelx ( 18 )
BTown Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by Maelx » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:09 am

cjsimchick wrote:Why can't we all just get along?
To be honest I asked for peace along time ago with the final message and the post of the backout on this forum along with negative feedback. I thought that was standard practice, turns out it was a little over the top.

We both got negative feedback and it's going to stick. I just wish that his feedback was more eloquent as it's going to stick. ;)
Traded Minis with me? You just might see them on GK Workbench

nitsky416 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:04 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Contact:

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by nitsky416 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:11 am

Maelx wrote:
cjsimchick wrote:Would you really ship something to someone to "their permanent address in another city"? That's just asking for trouble.
Quoting myself again.
Maelx wrote: Unconfirmed? I must have unconfirmed during my move, unfortunately. Why do I need to confirm my address before you ship the models? I have another, confirmed address you could also ship to, but it's my permanent address in another city.
You offered, but you didn't actually give him the address or request a refund so you could resend payment using that confirmed address. You seriously don't have a leg to stand on, there, even though you think you do, and the whole confirmed/unconfirmed thing is the real core of this whole problem.
My eBay Feedback
No Pictures? You ship first.
Lower Rating? You ship first.
Questions? Email me!

md02geist ( 20 )
Journeyman Trader
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: Richmond VA USA

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by md02geist » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:35 am

Maelx wrote:
cjsimchick wrote:Why can't we all just get along?
To be honest I asked for peace along time ago with the final message and the post of the backout on this forum along with negative feedback. I thought that was standard practice, turns out it was a little over the top.

We both got negative feedback and it's going to stick. I just wish that his feedback was more eloquent as it's going to stick. ;)

@cjsimchick: I couldn't agree more.

@govannan: Get over it already, you've stated your case a hundred times and my post of the prices was to Maelx, not you.

@Maelx:Posting a negative ref, then posting on the deadbeat/backout forums is not what I would call "asking for peace."


And yes, shipping to someone's "other address that is confirmed" is a wonderful way to get ripped off. Perhaps you are new to internet trading and paypal? I don't ask that in sarcasm, I ask that seriously -- because that's a PERFECT way a scammer would state something in order to get product sent to them, so they can file an unrecieved item claim and get their money back.
Please, no social ineptitude. Gamer does not need to equal social inability to function.
Positive ref left for positive ref.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah
Posts: 6468
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:41 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by Ironhide » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:03 am

I'm locking this. Maelx and md02geist will be informed of the staff's decision when it is reached. If either of you come up with new info contact me or an admin.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah
Posts: 6468
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:41 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Contact:

Re: Backout - Maelx

Post by Ironhide » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:26 pm

MaelX and md02geist,
Both negatives references will stay. MaelX left his under the perception that md02geist backed out on the deal due to the fact that MaelX was in another country. md02geist left his negative based on the fact that MaelX didn't pay attention to his trade rule of using a "confirmed paypal address".

The biggest problem you both had in this experience was a lack of clear communication. If md02geist had not mentioned he "couldn't bite that bullet, and cover the Canada shipping" and based his whole backout on the "unconfirmed paypal address", then there would have been no problem. On the opposite side, if MaelX had just provided a "confirmed paypal address" when asked instead of arguing the point, then everything could have proceeded smoothly. Both of you made mistakes and now you have the consequences of those mistakes.

Remember in the future that references are left based on a trader's trading experience. If a trader believes he had a bad trading experience, then he may leave a bad trade ref. If a trader believes he had a good trading experience, then he may leave a good trade ref. Also, do not be too hasty about leaving a negative reference. They are easy to give, but harder to take back.

You both may appeal this to Linrandir. You have 30 days to appeal it from the date of this PM. Make sure you include all relevant information when you do so, and do not seem argumentative with Linrandir. Present the facts and only the facts, because that is what he will base his judgment on.
I have been asked by md02geist that users not bother him with PMs about this matter. I'm going to extend that to MaelX too. Do not bother them with your opinions or thoughts on the matter.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Locked

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”